Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
My Rangers captain Andy Webster is leaving at the end of the season to join espanyol,he has been superb alongside bougy although who would you suggest as a sensible replacement that i have a chance of getting.
Currently at march in season 1

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
What about David Wheater? Was immense for me in CB

Reaction score
nobody really you can get in march i think you should look at someone like rever depending on your budget or maybe berra with a lower budget

Reaction score
once he leaves, they will ask you to choose another captain, pick the 1st player at the top of the list :)

if you want to choose someone else, I have noticed that once a player has been made Captain, their Influence stat rises :) I noticed this with Tobias Sippel, he was on 13 then made him captain and in around 2 months, he was on 15 already :)

Reaction score
I would buy David Wheater as well, he dominates in the air and rarely makes a mistake. I've had him at Middlesbrough, PSG, Motherwell and West Ham and hes always been my captain.

Reaction score
once he leaves, they will ask you to choose another captain, pick the 1st player at the top of the list :)

if you want to choose someone else, I have noticed that once a player has been made Captain, their Influence stat rises :) I noticed this with Tobias Sippel, he was on 13 then made him captain and in around 2 months, he was on 15 already :)
Will have a look at wheater and sippel.starting to get the hang of the posting now raikan :)

Reaction score
Slightly off-topic, but how ironic that websters is leaving on a free yet again :p

Reaction score
I also noticed this last night when i turned my game on, when an older player has a successful tutoring programme, his influence raises as well!