My career: Started unemployed

Paz.9

Reaction score
:D I have decided as usual to start unemployed with every possible league loaded as i like a challenge ^^). So if you wish to read here is my career so far:

As you know I started unemployed and straight away applied for two jobs, the first being Stranraer (Scottish Second Division) & the second being Koping (Swedish Second Division South Svealand). Soon after I was offered the Koping job (amateur contract and £0 weekly wage :S). I considered and decided to take up the challenge, so here is my career:

My first duty was to sort out the bunch of 16/17 year olds that were currently my squad. I released all but 3 of them and left myself with 3 players. I decided to keep the staff untill the end of the season. Koping were currently lying in a miserable 12th position (last) with 3 draws and 5 losses from 8 games. I quickly dived into the 'free-transfer' market and producing a squad. I tried to bring in some experienced players to stabilize the squad, The two that i decided to bring in were Mariusz Erlich 34 & Hans Bergh (2 Swedish national side caps :D) 38.

These two players were plonked straight into the midfield. I employed a 4-5-1 tactic dragging back one central midfielder to help with the defensive duties and one pushing forward to boost the attacks, this was with a central midfielder (Fagner Lucio) given a free role inbetween. This tactic help me to 5 wins / 1 draw / 6 losses and blasted me into 9th position. The last game was to decide my fate, with me hammering Varmbol 4-0 away (which was not expected at all) and Panellinios only managing a 2-1 victory vs. Alvsjo, I was able to avoid the relagation play-off on goal difference :D.

After the season i decided to strangthen my squad so in the next season i am able to lead Koping into a respectable mid-table position after being predicted last place once again. i did manage to produce a team i was reasonably satisfied with but it did mean releasing former player of the year Hans Bergh who managed 5 goals, 4 assists, 4 M.O.M awards and an average rating of 7.21 in 13 games played, this was due to his age, I could regret it next season though :S.

Unfortunately after building a squad i was happy with I was sacked, not for under-performance but for applying for to many managerial jobs at other clubs :(.

After being sacked by Koping i went on holiday and set the options as apply for any jobs and return from holiday if offered any jobs. I was shortly offered to take on the job at Portuguese outfit Uniao Desportiva de Santano on a contract worth £140 per week. I accepted the offer on the 15.3.2009 :D.

Again, i released a number of player not so many youngsters this time as they had a decent average age for the squad. I also decided to ask all of my coaching staff to lieave, which they agreed to. The staff problem was shortly addressed but the players not so quickly. I realisedthat players could only sign In the transfer window which was 1st July, this included free transfers :S, i managed to have an exciting bunch of Brazilian free transfers coming in the transfer window, which was the end of the season.

My first game was at home and with not many players I struggles to field a team and had to field some 'greyed out players'. I went with the same tactics as the ones I adopted with Koping. I managed a 0-0 draw at despite dominating the match, but i wasn't to unhappy.

My second game saw me hammered away from home 3-0 by Sport Clube Maria de Fonte. This was a very bad defeat and made me ask myself, is this the job for me? :S.

I decided it wasn't and after just 14 days incharge I resigned :S.

I am now on holiday and hoping that when i return in about 2 months there will be a few jobs available throughout Britain, preferably in Wales or England (lower leagues, BSN or BSS). This is where my game is currently at, I will post a further update soon possibly after every month or match, not decided yet :D.

Last edited:
Very interesting thread there.. I'm looking to do the same thing :D

Mate how do u start a thread been tryin for weeks but can not find how ?????

lol good on you i started unemployeed and with in 2 weeks jaguares from mexico hired me! 3/4 through the season im 5 but i was expected to come 9th so im doing ok on a shoe string budget :p

nice one mate! looks like your doing well

Mate how do u start a thread been tryin for weeks but can not find how ?????

Im not to sure tbh I just messed around untill i found it haha, im new to all this aswell, sorry "/
Should be an update soon because i have a new job (not saying who yet ;)) will update in a months time (game time).

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

lol good on you i started unemployeed and with in 2 weeks jaguares from mexico hired me! 3/4 through the season im 5 but i was expected to come 9th so im doing ok on a shoe string budget :p

The budgets are well bad haha, I haven't actually made any progress on any of my games at llm tbh, but i dont intend on giving up :) let us know on any more progress on your game :) ?

doing same thing mate, got stranraer job straight away, 200k in debt, £150 over wage budget. predicted bottom of the league. so yeah, pretty bad! but i intend to keep them up and look for a better job in the future! good luck on yours to.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

I got the cefn druids job, sorting out the team basically they are all going, know any good players?

doing same thing mate, got stranraer job straight away, 200k in debt, £150 over wage budget. predicted bottom of the league. so yeah, pretty bad! but i intend to keep them up and look for a better job in the future! good luck on yours to.

Yeah same here just getting used to it never started unemployed but thought i would give it a go. :D

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

I got the cefn druids job, sorting out the team basically they are all going, know any good players?

At this level its all about free transfers and parent clubs really i think.. Try getting some cheap experienced free transfers, maybe a few loans and your be fine

good story. how many leagues did you load? I also want to do the same. its a good experience

Sorry for this noob question, does the amount of leagues you upload change how fast the game continues? I know it takes longer to simulate all the games but is that it?

I loaded every league :)

Yeah it takes longer to load but its a much more fun game i reckon, but i dont know try it ? :)

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

At this level its all about free transfers and parent clubs really i think.. Try getting some cheap experienced free transfers, maybe a few loans and your be fine

I always do buy free transfers, and i can never get a parent club as a welsh team for some reason. I have put in an offer for Ramon Calliste used to play for united and liverpool, should be a good addition plenty of goals im hoping :)

I loaded every league :)

Yeah it takes longer to load but its a much more fun game i reckon, but i dont know try it ? :)

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I always do buy free transfers, and i can never get a parent club as a welsh team for some reason. I have put in an offer for Ramon Calliste used to play for united and liverpool, should be a good addition plenty of goals im hoping :)

yeh same here, easy way to get a decent team together. Especially when you can get some international experienced players in. Always good to have a prolific goalscorer to. Sounds like a good signing if you can get him

yeh same here, easy way to get a decent team together. Especially when you can get some international experienced players in. Always good to have a prolific goalscorer to. Sounds like a good signing if you can get him

I never normally have problems scoring but its conceeding that is the problem. I think im going to set a 'home tactic' which will be more attacking and an 'away tactic' more defensive.

The best signing i have made with a welshpremier league team is probably piesio or graham hopkins but they both have moved clubs now "/

How do i take screen shots ? will show some if anyone lets me know how :)

Last edited:
just press print screen on on your pc (Print Scrn SysRq) its next to scroll lock then copy on whichever platform

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Sorry for this noob question, does the amount of leagues you upload change how fast the game continues? I know it takes longer to simulate all the games but is that it?

People think that loading many leagues makes the game slower. i dont know but i know it has to simulate many games. but starting as unemployed i think you have to load very many leagues especially lower leagues to increase you chances of getting a job otherwise you might go 3 seasons without a job

just press print screen on on your pc (Print Scrn SysRq) its next to scroll lock then copy on whichever platform

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

People think that loading many leagues makes the game slower. i dont know but i know it has to simulate many games. but starting as unemployed i think you have to load very many leagues especially lower leagues to increase you chances of getting a job otherwise you might go 3 seasons without a job

I just loaded up a game with all the top leagues from Scotland, France, Russian, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, England (+ Championship) & Germany. Set it to "assign random clubs" and got Swansea. I didn't really want leagues any lower incase my laptop can't handle it. But assigning random clubs is fun :) You guys should try it if you don't already.

I just loaded up a game with all the top leagues from Scotland, France, Russian, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, England (+ Championship) & Germany. Set it to "assign random clubs" and got Swansea. I didn't really want leagues any lower incase my laptop can't handle it. But assigning random clubs is fun :) You guys should try it if you don't already.

Might try it sometime sounds good :)