Reaction score
I just lost what i wrote coz internet went funny-so i keep it short:(

Working on a level 12 database. 14 leagues per tier, with some local football ending lower tiers then others. Local football feeder system

Im working on it now again, sorry had pc problems and work etc. To make database 'local' i had to re-think the structure as leagues per tier had to 'fit-in' with above tier (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...iscussion/111419-how-keep-football-local.html). I give you update tonight. Im working next 2 nights then 4 nights off.

Taking its time but it will be worth the wait, making it all localised with a sunday league feel at the bottom tiers. Keep you updated on tonights progress. Re-starting on tier 10 now

Did 'kits', 'year formed' and 'city' on all tiers 1-9 and have continued with this. Will continue on with other leagues now.

Tier 9 (as irl and in addition);

The new 'London Premier'-20 teams

Tier 10 (league region name abbreviated followed by number of teams)(as irl and in addition);

All teams will play to the 'local' ruling (ie-regional boundaries will be set AND tested-this wont be easy!)

CC-18
EC-17
EM-22
HE-15
HW-15
K-17
MC-18
NCE-22
N-22
NW-22 (includes the extinct 'Chester City'-former league 2)
SWP-19
SSM-20
S-18
UC-19 (includes the extinct 'Rushden and Diamonds'-former league 2)
WSX-16
WSN-21
WM-22
London League 1st division-20 furthur London teams.

Isle Of Wight league-10 top 'Isle Of Wight' teams compete, of which all teams share a 'field'
('field'=0 capacity=wear & tear pitch effects from sharing=extreme low reputation for Isles Of Wight football as is the irl challenge for any team from this league to progress into mainstream football), for a 'sunday league feel'.

Channel Islands league-14 teams; 7 top 'Guernsey' teams and 7 top 'Jersey' teams compete, of which all teams share 2 'fields'. Each of the 2 Islands have a 'field' each (simular philosophy to Isle Of Wight) for a sunday league feel.

Tier 9=15 leagues (4 down each league)
Tier 10=20 leagues (3 up)

Tier 11

Have yet to decide the structure here but all teams will play to the 'local ruling'. Clubs also to share 'grounds' or 'fields' dependant on the tier and league. Teams also play on sundays.

Lucky teams will share a 50 seater mini stadium and the extreme lowest will have just a 'field' to share.

Last edited:
Tier 9

London Premier (20 teams);

Beaumont Athletic
Bedfont
Brimsdown
Broxbourne
(northest point)
Clapham Rovers (ancient FA cup winners)
Clapton Orient (Pre-current day Leyton Orient)
Croydon Municipal
Edgware
Fisher Athletic
Hayes
Hornchurch
Kingsbury London Tigers
Kingsbury Town
Leyton
Leyton Pennant
Leytonstone (ancient club)
Richmond Borough
Ruislip Manor
Slade Green
Windsor and Eton

Tier 10;

London Division 1 (20 teams);

Barking and East Ham
Crescent Rovers
Cuffley
Dagenham
Ditton
Drayton
Eton Wick (ancient club)
Highbury Harriers (amateur fictional team that plays at Highbury)
Leyton Wingate
Leytonstone & Ilford
London XI
London Caledonians
Martin Baker
The Casuals (ancient club)
Tufnell Park
Viking Greenford
Walthamstowe Avenue
Wanderers (1st ever FA cup winnners)
Wimbledon (ex-premier outfit; plays at Plough Lane)
Wormley Rovers (northest point)

Isles Of Wight league (10);

Brading
Ryde Sports
GKN
Niton
Northwood St Johns
Oakfield
Osborne Coburg
Pan Sports
Shanklin
Ventnor

Channel Islands league (14);

Belgrave Wanderers
Guernsey Rangers
Guernsey Rovers
Jersey Scottish
Jersey Wanderers
Northerners
Rozel Rovers
St Belade
St Lawrence
St Martins
St Pauls
St Peter
Sylvans
Vale Recreation

Last edited:
What tier 11 leagues?

Hackney and Leyton sunday leagues will deffo happen between tiers 11-15. There will be 5 stadia versions of the 'Hackney Marshes'. The best stadia to be shared will be as follows;

Tier 11=40 capacity
Tier 12=30
Tier 13=20
Tier 14=10
Tier 15=0

What other leagues, would you like to see from tier 11, for a 'sunday local feel'-could be any league from tier 11 irl or any 'sunday league'. I need answers, coz if i get no input, i may just stick with the one sunday league region as i am indecisive to what leagues to have as there are too many.

I will then focus on;

Cups
Regional boundaris set-up
Regional boundaries testing #2
Regional boundaries results #2

Database will be ready after that

Last edited:
The 'Sunday League' feel;

Hackney Marshes-South Complex=Hackney & Leyton Premier Sunday League=40 capacity

Hackney Marshes-North Stand=Hackney & Leyton Sunday League 1=30 capacity

Hackney Marshes-Victoria Park=Hackney & Leyton Sunday League 2=20 capacity

Hackney Marshes-Mabley Green=Hackney & Leyton Sunday League 3=10 capacity

Hackney Marshes-Weavers Field=Hackney & Leyton Sunday League 4=0 capacity

Each league has 11 irl amateur teams and each team has fairly accurate kits as the irl reflects. 88 pitches are used irl, but irl the council thought the local football was 'over-used' at the Hackney Marshes. £300,000 had to be paid to use the facilities as was the thought of been 'over-used'.

In my database, only 5 pitches are used. 'Pitch sharing' (in my database) started in the Isle Of Wight and Channel Island League (tier 10), to give a 'sunday football feeling'. As irl, football pitches are shared and given the current 'financial crisis' (why should the council pay to 're-lay' the pitch) it adds to the realism of the database reflecting that 'sunday football' as being 'just a kick-about'.
You may have to play the 'long-ball' for at least one of your tactics as pitches will be over-used, which kind off adds a 'sunday football' element anyways.
I hope you like the idea of
'keeping it local' and with a 'sunday league' feel.

I may add furthur sunday league regions, but in order to do this, i will need to know any requests asap (i dont seem to be getting any ;-)).

I am also going to add to the 'Isle Of Wight' & 'Channel Island' tiers to at least have some format of having the 'FA Sunday Cup'.

I have also added to The above 2 regional leagues;

Isle Of Wight Sunday league (tier 11) -10 teams (no reserve teams as always)
Channel Islands Sunday league (tier 11) -14 teams (7 each from the 2 islands)

I will set the league boundaries and then do the cups (will mimic as irl);

2 up/2 down between tier 10 & tier 11

Last edited:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...iscussion/111419-how-keep-football-local.html will be where i post my tier 10-15 regional boundaries 2nd testing (holidaying 1 season) and of which, the following leagues will be looked at;

London Premier and Wessex League (tier 9-as not tested since the additional London league);
London division 1, Channel Islands Premier and the Western League (tier 10);
Hackney & Leyton Sunday Premier and Channel Islands sunday league (tier 11);

I will also study the Northern north League (tiers 9 & 10), as more focus is on at the south of England for the lower tiers and this region needs looking at as every league is affected by 'keeping it local'.

Last edited:
Holidaying a season and its running smoothly so far (september). As wanted, no fans turning up at the sunday morning matches (having tier 10 Isle Of Wight & Channel Islands also playing sunday mornings aswell as tier 11 downwards).

Hoping to pass the 'keeping it local-part 2 experiment'. I will let you know the results. I think the 'pass' mark will have to be at least 90% to get the desired 'local effect'. It was hard to set the league boundaries for tier 9, but even harder to set for tier 10. To accomplish this 2nd test succesfully, will really be a great achievement if conquered first time round.

Hopefully, i could concerntrate on the cups, later on in the day/night. ALL cups as irl, even the ones for the sunday football leagues will be done.

Cups;

FA Cup
Capital One Cup
Community Shield
Johnstone Paint Trophy
Conference League Cup
FA Trophy
FA Vase
Isthmian/Northern/Southern League AND President Cups
ALL regional cups (Kent cup; Essex cup; East Midlands cup.....etc)
Channel Islands Sunday Cup
Isle Of Wight Sunday Cup
Island Hopping Sunday Cup
(Channel Islands and Isle Of Wight combined)
Albert Daniels/Dickie Davies/Jack Wolpole/Hackney Gazette Cups (Hackney & Leyton Sunday League Cups)
Sunday Cup (All of Channel Islands/Isle Of Wight/Hackney & Leyton teams involved)

A grand total of 40 cups. Will upload when i can, hopefully tonight!

No, i uploaded it in the early hours, but cannot find it yet. Its in the queue.

Think i uploaded it twice but the first time i didnt think i loaded database? I think i loaded a screenshot? I didnt know how to upload as not used to it.

Not used to uploading. Think i did it right the 2nd time

The 2nd upload IS the database-please update this one, not the first one

Last edited:
Looks like it's going well....
..when/where will it be available?

Cheers, and well done on your efforts.

Its uploaded 17 hours ago-i must stress its the 2nd one.

I did ask 'thebetterhalf' and told him its the second one. I hope he will approve it.

Thankyou for the praise. I am playing as in the 'Hackney & Leyton Sunday division 4'. Really enjoying it.

Last edited:
Sounds like a fantastic project mate, I usually play down to 9th tier but this might just be a step too far! Either way, cracking work!

Hi Again, How are things? Any news on approval or is it unlikely during the weekend? How is the Hackney & Leyton league going? Cheers!

Its still 'in the queue'. I think its when a moderator is online? Its been uploaded 2 or 3 days ago-i put alot of work into it;

I have been at work last night and again tonight, but got few nights off so can game a bit (as long as i look for new job too-am moving area soon), as still on friendlies.

Yes im in the Hackney & Leyton division 4 as Woodford Rovers, playing with knackered players (playing every day up until 7 days before main season kicks off-a bit unorthodox, but i want to raise cash from gate receipts);

Ive drawn or lost the first 7 matches (lowest match confidence is 47% though-so i am happy), but im not the best manager in world (and the same 16/17 players are playing everyday to raise cash, opponents have fitness advantage);

Only given 8 players an amateur contract so far and i let board to get players in (i like speed, strength, stanima or jumping/aerial to be in double figures);

Im expected to get to the quarter finals in 3 of the 'Hackney & leyton Sunday cups' and in the 'sunday league cup' expected to get to the 4th round. In the league-a mid table finish;

I got screenshots on one of my other threads-i think about the screenshot issue i had;

If anyone can put in a good word for me to the moderators :), then my database will be approved-remember its the latest one (one with the most detail!)

I be online next tomorrow around late afternoon at earliest;