My First Ever Attempt At The Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge

Loving the signings there! Good players, and hope like you, that Moise Kean performs well, but not enough for Juve to resign him!

How far do you reckon you will go in the Europa? CL spot available for the winner..

August 2019

dporter8999 - "In all fairness mate, the Europa is such an unexpected bonus for us this year, we'll just take it as it comes and see how far we can go. With the group we've drawn (below) I think we can definitely make the knockout rounds though. I'd like to gain some consistency in the league by finishing in the top 7 again, whilst I'd also like to have a good go at the Carabao Cup this year....after all, my first priority as part of the SAF challenge is to win a domestic cup in 4 seasons"

170px-AFC_Bournemouth_%282013%29.svg.png

August 2019; Manchester City Conquered Again!

With the new season just around the corner now, we look at the season preview and the bookies have us down for a predicted 10th placed finish. With the array of talent in the top sides in the Premier League, it's no surprise to see none of our players made the dream eleven! Our key players (as rated by the media) are two stars from last year in Callum Wilson and Nathan Ake.

View attachment 30497

Now we've made some good signings this Summer, but now I've got news of a big loss to the side. Chelsea came in earlier in the Summer for Lewis Cook with a bid in the region of £30 million which I immediately rejected. However, this ****** Lewis off immensely and ever since, he has made his intentions clear to move onto bigger and better things. So when Chelsea came back in, all I could do was negotiate the best deal for the club and I've managed to get a total deal worth £60 million for the central midfielder. Even though it's a massive fee, I'm still gutted to see him leave!

View attachment 30496

Fringe player, Lys Mousset, who barely featured for me last season, quickly follows Cook out of the club on transfer deadline day, bringing in another £6.25 million.

View attachment 30495

Transfer deadline day was proving to be a busy one for us on the south coast, and with the money from the Lewis Cook transfer, we ramped up our search for another central midfield player to replace him. Welcome Segio Oliveira who joins us from FC Porto for a fee of £16.25 million. He's a versatile midfield player with some excellent all round stats and will surely become a key figure in our team!

View attachment 30493

View attachment 30492

And we wrapped up our transfer window business with one final loan signing. Rob Holding (from Arsenal) will boost our options at centre back and is a player I'm certain to try to sign if he has a good season with us this year as the Gooners have placed him on the transfer list.

View attachment 30491

View attachment 30490

The transfer window closes and by far and away the biggest talking point is Eden Hazard's move from Chelsea to Manchester United.

View attachment 30488

It's a record breaking season for us in terms of transfers in a few areas.

View attachment 30487

View attachment 30486

View attachment 30485

It's that time of year when the board announce their expectations. A top half finish in the Prem is the main requirement, with no massive expectations in the cup competitions. We'll be expected to get out of the group stage in the Europa League, but anything beyond that will be classed as a bonus with the bosses!

View attachment 30484

Saturday 10th August 2019
English Premier League
Crystal Palace (Away)
Formation: 4-1-4-1 DM Wide

View attachment 30482

Palace isn't exactly the easiest place in the world to go, but how we've not come away from this with all 3 points I'll never know! We absolutely battered their goal for 90 minutes but were unable to find the back of the net and grab a winner.

Sunday 18th August 2019
English Premier League
Manchester City (Home)

View attachment 30481

Last season, we managed to beat the mighty City by 3 goals to 1 and this season, we've managed to repeat the feat, recording another great victory! The lads deserve credit for a brilliant 2nd half turnaround after going into the break a goal down. Goals for new boys, Moise Kean and Sergio Oliveira (both from the bench) is an encouraging sign that our new signings are bedding in nice and early.

Charlie Daniels is going to miss the next 3 months through injury and he's likely to be hugely missed in the squad!

View attachment 30480

Friday 23rd August 2019
English Premier League
Brighton & Hove Albion (Away)

View attachment 30479

An easy win against our rivals on the south coast. This result was never in doubt after our fast start. After two poor games to start the season, it's good to see Callum Wison getting on the scoresheet.

We'll invite Everton to Dean Court in the third round of the Carabao Cup.

View attachment 30478

With us being 3rd seeds in the Europa League Group Stage draw, we could have ended up with a much harder group than we got. I think we have a realistic chance of coming through the group, with A.Bilbao sure to be our toughest opponents.

View attachment 30477

Saturday 31st August 2019
English Premier League
Manchester United (Home)

View attachment 30476

After spending more than £200 million in the transfer window, it's fair to say that United have a pretty incredible team now, so there's no real shame in this defeat, although looking at the stats it's fair to say we deserved something from this and can feel hard done by! What I will say is how is anyone going to defend against that attack this season?!

Moise Kean will miss the next 4 weeks through injury!

View attachment 30474

August Review: Manchester United with their awesome attack, top the table with 4 wins from 4 and 13 goals scored already!! Our start has been decent though and we sit inside the top 6 with a couple of early wins to our name. Newcastle remain in search of their first points of the season still and sit at the bottom of the division.

View attachment 30473

View attachment 30471

Player of the Month
Sergio Oliveira

View attachment 30470

My new central midfielder has already forced his way into the first team ahead of Seri, after coming off the bench in the opening two fixtures. He's been the best player this month across for the 4 games and is proving to be a good buy at only £16 million.

September: Our games next month will be spread across 3 competitions. We'll look to get off to a decent start in the Europa League whilst I will be putting some effort into going deep in the Carabao Cup, so the Everton game will not be treated lightly. Huddersfield, Hull and Watford are all very winnable games in the league!

View attachment 30469

Last edited:
September 2019

September 2019; Moving Into The Top 4
[FONT=&quot]
£24 million on commercial income isn't too shabby for us, but I'd definitely expect that to go up next year with our exposure to European competition this season.

[/FONT]
View attachment 30359

Ben Woodburn was injured on international duty and won't feature for us for the next 1-2 months.

View attachment 30358

Our very own wonderkid, Sandro Tonali, will also miss 4 weeks of action after getting injured playing for Italy U21s.

View attachment 30357

Saturday 14th September 2019
English Premier League
Huddersfield (Away)

View attachment 30356

A **** poor result and we should never have lost this game. We squandered far too many good chances in this game and should have comfortably had at least 3 or 4. Jordon Ibe was particularly bad in front of goal and missed three clear cut opportunities to get on the scoresheet!

Thursday 19th September 2019
Europa League Group Stage
Olympiakos (Away)

View attachment 30355

Our first taste of European football ends in defeat in a close fought game in Greece, as we fall to a late goal when I think we deserved the draw.

Sunday 22nd September 2019
English Premier League
Hull City (Home)

View attachment 30354

After 3 games without a win, we produced a solid display here as we thrashed the newly promoted Hull. It's a match ball for Callum Wilson after his hat trick, but there were a whole host of players who stood out with decent performances today!

Wednesday 25th September 2019
Carabao Cup 3rd Round
Everton (Home)

View attachment 30353

There was some squad rotation for the League Cup, but I still played a pretty strong squad as I want to go deep in this competition this year! It paid off as we saw off a strong Everton side to progress to the next round.

We have a mini crisis for our next couple of games. Tyrone Mings, who has been filling in at left back for the injured Charlie Daniels, has now picked up a minor injury himself and will miss the next 10 days.

View attachment 30352

The draw for the 4th round of the Carabao Cup takes place and we're given a tough home tie against Liverpool!

View attachment 30351

Sunday 29th September 2019
English Premier League
Watford (Away)

View attachment 30350

We came out on top in a close game at Watford. After going 1-0 down early on, we raced into a 3-1 lead before half time, before a late rally from Watford as they threw men forward to try to get back in the game. Nathan Ake had a blinder, covering the left back role!

September Review: This month started poorly with a couple of defeats, before we kicked on to record three straight wins and overall, it has to be seen as a good month for us as we move into the top 4 in the league. Manchester United maintain their 100% record and sit pretty at the top of the table.

View attachment 30349

View attachment 30348

In the Europa League, we're not too concerned about our opening game defeat at this stage as there is still plenty of football to be played in the group stage yet!

View attachment 30347

Player of the Month
Callum Wilson

View attachment 30346

Wilson had a pretty slow start to the season last month, but September has seen him hit some of his best form again as he bagged 5 goals in 5 games, and chipped in with 2 assists against Watford as well. It's good to see our star striker getting back to his best!

October: Next month will be a busy one with 6 games coming up across 3 different competitions. In the league, we have a couple of tough games against Spurs and Everton before welcoming Newcastle to Dean Court in a game that I think we should win! We'll play another two games in Europe, with the home match against Turkish side, Basaksehir, being seen as a must win! As far as the Carabao Cup goes, we'll give Liverpool all that we've got in an attempt to progress in the tournament, but it may come down to how strong a side they play as to what we might be able to get out of that game.

View attachment 30345

Good start in the league. Have you got a future fee in Holdings loan deal? Incase he does very well for you?

October 2019

neavie pops23 - "Unfortunately I don't mate, but he is transfer listed by the Gooners so if he has a good season I should be able to still snap him up at a good price. If he continues to impress, there is a chance I might look to make the deal permanent in the January window as I've still got £27 million available to spend"

October 2019; Finding Our Feet In Europe

Thursday 3rd October 2019
Basaksehir (Home)

View attachment 30194

This was a must win for us with home advantage against the weakest side in the group and we took the opportunity and recorded Bournemouth's very first win in European competition....ever! A proud day for the lads!

Sunday 6th October 2019
English Premier League
Tottenham (Home)

View attachment 30193

Callum Wilson continues his fine form with a couple of cracking goals here against Spurs. The second one was an absolute peach as he expertly controlled a ball over the top in the Spurs box, before rounding Lloris to tap home! This was a great win for us and at home, we look a pretty formidable force this season!

Seri out for 4 weeks!

View attachment 30192

If any player deserves an improved contract since I joined the club, it's Callum Wilson! So I gave him one, tying him down with us for the next 5 years on £72k per week! Getting him to sign such a long term deal should mean that we can capitilize on the size of transfer fee should any of the big boys come sniffing round him in the future, which is surely inevitable given his current form!

View attachment 30191

Saturday 19th October 2019
English Premier League
Everton (Away)

View attachment 30190

A very even game where both sides created a lot of chances and squandered some good ones too! It's gutting to concede such a late goal, but the draw is the fair result for both sides and I can't complain too much!

Thursday 24th October 2019
A. Bilbao (Home)

View attachment 30189

I was expecting a really tough game here, but I couldn't have been more wrong as we walked all over our Spanish opponents! We could and should have scored another couple of goals too, but considering I was expecting a draw at best, I'll take 2-1 all day long!! Wonderkid, Sandro Tonali grabbed his first goal for the club!

Sunday 27th October 2019
English Premier League
Newcastle (Home)

View attachment 30188

We were easily the better side here and deserved all 3 points, but have to settle for 1. Moise Kean scored a wonder goal to put us in front and from there we should have kicked on but struggled to find the back of the net again to put the game to bed!

Tuesday 29th October 2019
Carabao Cup 4th Round
Liverpool (Home)

View attachment 30187

Three games in five days took its toll on the lads and despite the fact I'd tried some rotation across the games, we still looked tired and frankly outclassed by a strong Liverpool side who ran rampant and gave us a good thumping! The Carabao Cup will not be ours this year!

October Review: A good month where our only defeat was at the hands of Liverpool in the Carabao Cup. Two wins in our Europa League group takes us to 2nd in the table and bang in contention to qualify! As far as the league goes, we picked up another 5 points which leaves us 5th after the opening 10 games - a start I would have taken all day long at the beginning of the campaign. Manchester United still lead the way after losing only 1 of their opening 10 games, whilst newly promoted Hull and West Brom are both struggling in the relegation places.

View attachment 30186

View attachment 30185

View attachment 30184

Player of the Month
Tyrone Mings

View attachment 30183

With Charlies Daniels out injured, it has been up to Tyrone Mings to step up and take on the left full back role. And step up he has!! Mings has been our most consistent player by far this month with 4 solid performances in an unfamiliar role!

November: We'll probably know if we've qualified for the Europa League knockout stages by the end of next month after we take on Bilbao and Olympiakos who share 6 points with us in our group. Whilst in the league, we have a couple of games against Burnley and West Brom that I feel we should win before a tough away day at Stamford Bridge.

View attachment 30182

November 2019

November 2019; Looking Good For European Qualification

[FONT=&quot]Looks like Danny Welbeck wants to come to Bournemouth...

[/FONT]
View attachment 29913

Monday 4th November 2019
English Premier League
Burnley (Away)

View attachment 29912

A comfortable away win at Burnley gets us straight back on track following the cup loss to Liverpool at the end of last month! Callum Wilson already moves into double figures for the season and is absolutely flying!

Thursday 7th November 2019
A.Bilbao (Away)

View attachment 29911

I expected Bilbao to be a totally different animal on their home turf and they were a **** of a lot better than when we thrashed them at home last month. Despite matching them all over the park though, they managed to get the win over us and we head back to England feeling hard done by as we deserved to take a point from this! On the plus side though, Olympiakos also lost which means we remain level on points with them and everything is still to play for with 2 games remaining.

Sunday 10th November 2019
English Premier League
West Brom (Home)

View attachment 29910

We were extremely good here and showed a struggling West Brom side exactly what we're made of, with Josh King turning in a stellar performance up front in place of the rested Callum Wilson. The game had everything to be fair....goals, red cards and even a return goal for Lys Mousset (nope still don't regret selling him).

Saturday 23rd November 2019
English Premier League
Chelsea (Away)

View attachment 29909

A very credible draw away at Chelsea!

Thursday 28th November 2019
Olympiakos (Home)

View attachment 29908

If we're going to qualify for the knockout stages of the competition, a win here was essential, and our task was made considerably easier when Olympiakos were reduced to 10 men inside the opening few minutes! From that early moment, it always looked like it was going to be a case of how many we'd score. Well, in the end we only scored 1, but it was enough to get the 3 points and move us into a prime spot to qualify!

November Review: Another great month behind us with the only defeat coming to Bilbao out in Spain in the Europa League. However, finishing the month with a win against Olympiakos brings us right back into contention for qualification from the group! Two wins and a draw in the league leave us in 6th place but with a game in hand over Manchester City and Chelsea we could move above them both into 3rd! Manchester United continue to lead, having won 12 of their opening 13 games and they look like the team to beat this season!

View attachment 29907

View attachment 29906

View attachment 29905

Player of the Month
Adam Smith

View attachment 29904

Our right back has been as solid as they come this month, with a run of great performances for the club! Although no goals or assists were contributed to the attacking effort, his all round contribution has been undeniable!

December: My players are going to be ******* knackered at the end of next month after having to play no less than 8 games!! Seven of those will come in the league, whilst we also take on Basaksehir in our final Europa League game. In the league, we have a run of games where we could string together a few more wins, before tough games over the Christmas period against both Arsenal and Liverpool!

View attachment 29903

Great job so far in the league mate, looking good in the Europa League as well! The game against Basaksehir will definitely be a stressful one... What a schedule that is for next month as well lol, good luck :D

December 2019

December 2019; A Dip In League Form
[FONT=&quot]
Callum Wilson picks up the goal of the month award for November!

[/FONT]
View attachment 29686

Sunday 1st December 2019
English Premier League
Wolves (Home)

View attachment 29685

It looked like an upset was on the cards when Wolves took the lead half way through the first half. However, my lads rallied and turned the game around to take all 3 points. It was an inspired substitution by me (if I do say so myself) to introduce Jefferson Lerma on 70 minutes, for him to bag the winner only 3 minutes later!

We just can't avoid Premier League teams in the cup draws and our first venture into this season's FA Cup will be an away tie against West Ham.

View attachment 29684

Wednesday 4th December 2019
English Premier League
Aston Villa (Home)

View attachment 29683

Just one of those days I'm afraid. Despite pummelling Villa for 90 minutes, we just couldn't buy a goal on the day! They caught us out with one good breakaway and a single goal for them was enough to leave with all 3 points.

Saturday 7th December 2019
English Premier League
Leicester City (Away)

View attachment 29682

A disappointing performance and result to boot! Back to back defeats is not good with games against Arsenal and Liverpool coming up later in the month.

Thursday 12th December 2019
Basaksehir (Away)

View attachment 29681

Job done in great style! We completely dominated our Turkish opponents on our way to a very comfortable 2-0 win and qualification for the knockout stages! Goal achieved!

That win ensures we finish 2nd in the group behind Bilbao who beat Olympiakos 1-0 in Greece! So even if we had of lost the game, we'd still have gone through!

View attachment 29680

Sunday 15th December 2019
English Premier League
Arsenal (Home)

View attachment 29679

Arsenal were too strong for us here and it's to be expected with the abundance of talent in their team. It looked for a long time like we might sneak a point out of this game, but in the end, the Gooners came through and took all 3 points.

David Brooks has become a key figure in my side so far this season, making 22 appearances across all competitions already. But his slot will become open for one of the other players to step up as he'll miss the next 4-5 weeks through injury.

View attachment 29678

Belgian side, Club Brugge, will be our opponents in the first knockout round of the Europa League.

View attachment 29677

Saturday 21st December 2019
English Premier League
Crystal Palace (Home)

View attachment 29676

After 3 straight defeats in the league, it was really important that we beat a struggling Palace side here, so I'm delighted to get back to winning ways! Harry Arter turned in his best performance of the season so far as he controlled the midfield from start to finish!

I was keen for the club to set up a link with a lower league side in England for us to send players out on loan. After going to the board, they drew up a shortlist that included Scunthorpe and Stevenage, but I opted for AFC Wimbledon and they become our new affiliate here in England.

View attachment 29675

The board continue to invest in the development of our youth system by increasing the junior coaching budget at my request.

View attachment 29674

Thursday 26th December 2019
English Premier League
West Ham (Home)

View attachment 29673

The Hammers came into this game on a 4 game unbeaten run, so we knew this wasn't going to be a walk in the park. West Ham pushed us all the way, but in the end it was us who came out on top! I'm pleased we were able to bang in 4 goals even without star striker Callum Wilson in the squad (who was rested). Jean Michael Seri scored his first goal for the club with a fine powerful low strike from 10 yards out.

The stadium expansion is complete!

View attachment 29672

Sunday 29th December 2019
English Premier League
Liverpool (Away)

View attachment 29671

We gave it our all at Anfield, but it wasn't enough to be rewarded with any points. Callum Wilson definitely seems to be lacking some confidence up front at the moment, which showed as he missed a couple of really good opportunities that he would have tucked away with ease a couple of months ago!

Mo Elneny is named as the African Footballer of the Year! Well done son!

View attachment 29670

December Review; Losing four league games this month sees us drop out of the European qualification spots and leaves us sitting 8th at the turn of the year. On a positive note, we progressed to the knockout stages of the Europa League and our next round tie against Club Brugge is a very winnable one.

View attachment 29669

View attachment 29668

View attachment 29667

Player of the Month
Jordon Ibe

View attachment 29666

The inside forward has been our most consistent player across the whole month with his performance against West Ham really standing out!

January; Next month will see us take on both the Manchester giants in the league and it's sure to be another tough month. An away day at West Ham in the FA Cup won't be easy either and we'll do well to progress to the next round. It all adds up to the fact that the home games against Brighton and Huddersfield have to be treated as must wins!

View attachment 29665

January 2020

January 2020; We're Manchester City's Bogey Team!

As the January transfer window opens, Arsenal are linked with centre back, Nathan Ake! They'll have to stump up a massive offer for me to sell and the £45.5 million being quoted certainly won't cut it! As far as my own transfer dealings go this month, I still have £27 million to spend and will certainly be looking to strengthen the side. In which areas, I'm not entirely sure yet!

View attachment 29643

Wednesday 1st January 2020
English Premier League
Manchester City (Away)

View attachment 29642

We well and truly are proving to be Manchester City's bogey team as we beat them for the third time in a row! And this was the sweetest yet....away from home and turning around a 1-0 deficit at half time! Amazing stuff from my lads!

Callum Wilson finally ended a 10 hour goal drought, with his strike against City!

View attachment 29641

Saturday 4th January 2020
FA Cup 3rd Round
West Ham (Away)

View attachment 29640

The goal against Manchester City seems to have given Callum Wilson his confidence back as he banged in another 2 goals here, which was enough to see us through to the next round of the FA Cup. Worth noting that their second penalty was never a spot kick and the referee was soft as **** in giving it! In the end it didn't matter though when Harry Arter extended our lead again with a cracking free kick with one of the last kicks of the game.

It's Stoke who await us in the next round of the FA Cup. They're having a good season so far in the Championship and find themselves sitting 2nd in the table.

View attachment 29639

If there was one position I definitely could do with strengthening over the next couple of windows it would be the left back role. Charlie Daniels is getting on a bit and Tyrone Mings is not a natural in that role. But I wanted a decent youngster, with plenty of potential, so I turned to Stoke's 19 year old Josh Tymon! He looks like a really good prospect for the future and is certainly tipped as one of the potentials to make that spot in the English national team his own in a few years time! I've forked out a lot of dough for him, but I'm hoping in the long run it's going to prove worth it!

View attachment 29638

View attachment 29637

Friday 10th January 2020
English Premier League
Brighton & Hove Albion (Home)

View attachment 29636

Amazing that...I go and sign a new left back and Charlie Daniels pops up and scores his first goal of the season with a cracking headed effort! And 2 second half goals in 2 minutes ensured another comfortable victory over our South coast rivals.

Saturday 18th January 2020
English Premier League
Manchester United (Away)

View attachment 29635

We might be the thorn in Manchester City's side, but it's certainly not the case for their local rivals as Manchester United beat us again! I can't seem to get the better of Mourinho yet and the ****** continuously rubs my nose in it with the press before and after every game as well!

I make my second signing of the January window and it's another youngster with plenty of potential. 17 year old French midfielder, Florian Baranik, signs from Monaco for a small fee! His stats look decent for such a young player and I'll be looking to develop him into a future first team player over the next few seasons.

View attachment 29634

View attachment 29632

Saturday 25th January 2020
FA Cup 4th Round
Stoke City (Away)

View attachment 29631

Despite Stoke not recording a single shot in the entire game, the bastards still managed to hold us to a 0-0 draw and take the game to a replay!

With the arrival of Josh Tymon ealier this month, it meant there was no place in the squad for Brad Smith. So I decided to move him on and he has joined Russian side, FC Ufa for a fee of £4.4 million.

View attachment 29630

Tuesday 28th January 2020
English Premier League
Huddersfield (Home)

View attachment 29629

******* Josh King, you useless ******! He missed two penalties and although that's no excuse for us not scoring with any of our other 20 shots, it's still **** ******* poor! Terrible result in a game we should have won easily!

New signing Florian Baranik goes out on loan for the rest of the season at affiliate club, AFC Wimbledon.

View attachment 29628

As the transfer window came to a close, it was Manchester United that again spent big. Not only did they spend more than anyone else, they sealed the biggest transfer in Porto's Alex Telles. Spurs also confirmed the capture of one of the brightest young prospects in the game, Ryan Sessegnon.

View attachment 29627

January Review; The new year started perfectly with 3 straight wins including FA Cup progression and a massive result over Manchester City! However, the month kind of fizzled out towards the end and we followed up the Manchester United loss with a couple of disappointing draws to take the gloss off of our earlier success in January. It means we remain in 8th in the table, although things are very tight and only 5 points seperate 5th-9th. Hull are starting to fall away at the bottom and are easily favourites for the drop this season now.

View attachment 29626

View attachment 29625

Player of the Month
Jordon Ibe

View attachment 29624

It's a second player of the month in a row for Ibe. Although he faded towards the end of the month, he did enough at the start of the month to warrant the award again.

February; Considering it's the shortest month of the year, it's a bit of a joke that we have to play 8 ****** games next month! It's going to be real tough on the legs and plenty of rotation will be necessary across the three competitions we'll play in to try to pick up results everywhere. Spurs and Everton will present our toughest challenges in the league, but one of my main priorities for the month will be to progress in Europe.

View attachment 29623

February 2020

February 2020; What A Month!!

Sandro Tonali and Moise Kean were named 1 and 2 in the young player of the month award for January!

View attachment 29544

Saturday 1st February 2020
English Premier League
Hull City (Away)

View attachment 29543

An easy away win at bottom side, Hull. Nothing that I wouldn't have expected from my lads and a professional job done! Now to kick on for the remainder of the month and get ourselves back up into those European spots.

Wednesday 5th February 2020
FA Cup 4th Round Replay
Stoke City (Home)

View attachment 29542

We progress to the next round, but talk about make hard work of it! When it looked like we had the game won, Stoke levelled in stoppage time and we really didn't want to be playing extra time with our ridiculously busy schedule! And thanks to Josh King, we didn't as he went straight up the other end and headed home 96th minute winner!

Ryan Fraser will miss the rest of the month through injury, after coming off in the Stoke game.

View attachment 29541

We'll go to Burnley for the next round of the FA Cup.

View attachment 29540

Rob Holding has been sent home with a virus and is likely to miss our next 2-3 games! He's been pretty solid this year and is likely to be a big miss during this busy schedule.

View attachment 29539

Thursday 13th February 2020
Europa League 1st Knockout Round (1st Leg)
Club Brugge (Home)

View attachment 29538

I was chuffed to get the win under our belts in the home leg and the clean sheet was extremely important! But the most significant part of this whole tie could turn out to be David Brooks 90th minute 2nd goal here which makes the away leg so much more comfortable for us.

I hadn't updated you on where Eddie Howe ended up. Well, after having a whole year out of the game, he popped up at Swansea in December and has won 8 of his 12 games in charge!

View attachment 29537

Sunday 16th February 2020
English Premier League
Watford (Home)

View attachment 29536

A solid performance and a good win over Watford. Jean Michael Seri is really finding his feet here now and getting better and better!

Josh Tymon will miss 4-5 weeks through injury!

View attachment 29535

Thursday 20th February 2020
Europa League 1st Knockout Round (2nd Leg)
Club Brugge (Away)

View attachment 29534

A first half hat trick from Callum Wilson put this tie well and truly to bed. Club Brugge had proved to be surprisingly lacklustre opponents over the two legs and we know it will be harder from here on out, but for now we're happy to just make it to the next round.

With all due respect to FC RB Salzburg, the Europa League draw could have been a **** of a lot worse for us and I'm delighted with this draw. We have a good chance of progressing past the Austrian side if we can produce the same level of performances as we did against Brugge.

View attachment 29533

Liverpool lift this year's Carabao Cup after beating last year's winners Chelsea in the final. Liverpool, who knocked us out of the competition, beat Chelsea 1-0 in a tightly contested final.

View attachment 29532

Tuesday 25th February 2020
FA Cup 5th Round
Burnley (Away)

View attachment 29531

Even with 10 men for the final 25 minutes of this game, we still managed to overcome Burnley to progress. It all went off in the final minutes of the game with 3 goals and it turned in our favour....I suppose that's the difference between having a **** hot striker like Callum Wilson in your armoury!

Again a cup draw is favourable towards us as we get Hull City away in the next round of the FA Cup.

View attachment 29530

The youth intake this year is particularly disappointing, with not one player standing out with any real future potential for this level. Sure, some of these players might go on to make it in the lower leagues, but there is nobody here that's going to make it in the Premier League. It's always such a shame when you have a poor youth intake and highlights the need for us to keep investing in our youth facilities!

View attachment 29529

Saturday 29th February 2020
English Premier League
Newcastle (Away)

View attachment 29528

What a comeback!! We looked dead and buried at 3-1 down and with Newcastle all over us! However, a few subtle changes to our tactic and some stern words from the sidelines soon kicked the boys back into life and we fought back to earn ourselves a point....which in the end, was well deserved! Moise Kean made a real difference from the bench as Newcastle just couldn't handle the youngster!

February Review; What a month it has been, without a doubt my best in the job so far! Six wins from seven games and no defeats this month! We move back into the European qualification places in the league, progress in both the FA Cup and the Europa League (and pick up decent draws for the next rounds). We're literally riding the crest of the wave at the moment and life at Bournemouth whether your staff or a player, is very very good!

View attachment 29527

View attachment 29526

Player of the Month
Callum Wilson

View attachment 29525

Wilson has been in incredible form this month scoring 2 or more goals in 4 seperate games! He contributed with a total of 9 goals and 2 assists across the 6 games he featured in!!

March; Only five games coming up next month (thank God!). Only two of them will be in the league as well as we look to continue our cup runs! Chelsea at home is going to be a tough one at the end of the month, but if we can go into it on a good run of results and with confidence high, then who knows what could happen!

View attachment 29524

March 2020

March 2020; Another Unbeaten Month!

Jean Michael Seri picked up the Premier League Player of the Month award for February!

View attachment 29514

Thursday 5th March 2020
Europa League 2nd Knockout Round (1st Leg)
FC RB Salzburg (Home)

View attachment 29513

Well I thought we'd been given a kind draw here but I didn't expect to win the first leg 4-0!! We were ****** brilliant here in every department and will now have a lot less pressure on us for the return leg in Austria!

Sunday 8th March 2020
English Premier League
Burnley (Home)

View attachment 29512

Burnley proved last month in the FA Cup that they are no walkover and we'd only narrowly scraped through that game with the win! However, we had home advantage this time and were much more dominant, although it was Burnley who still took the lead! In the end though, we proved to strong for them and record a good home win. A very up and down day for Callum Wilson as he bagged a couple of goals, but also missed two penalties!

Thursday 12th March 2020
Europa League 2nd Knockout Round (2nd Leg)
FC RB Salzburg (Away)

View attachment 29511

I rotated the squad a little for the away leg here as we had the 4-0 buffer and we still managed to get the win out in Austria as well! Onwards and upwards to the quarter final!

We're down to the business end of the Europa League now and we get a much tougher draw in the quarter final against Chelsea!

View attachment 29509

Sunday 15th March 2020
FA Cup 6th Round
Hull City (Away)

View attachment 29508

We'd already beaten Hull easily in the league twice this season, so I was expecting this result in all honesty! And it never looked in doubt as we were on top from the opening whistle to the final one! Callum Wilson just loves playing Hull as that's now 6 goals in 3 games against them he has this season!

We're on our way to Wembley for the first time under my management and it's Arsenal who await us in the FA Cup semi final.

View attachment 29507

Rob Holding earns his first cap for England! It's looking like a big mistake not to put a future fee in his loan deal at the start of the season and I can't see Arsenal letting him leave now...not unless someone offers an extortionate fee anyway!

View attachment 29506

Saturday 28th March 2020
English Premier League
Chelsea (Home)

View attachment 29505

We play out a bore draw with Chelsea and show that we have nothing to fear in next month's Europa League clash. We probably should have nicked the game right at the end when Callum Wilson found himself one on one with the Chelsea keeper in the 93rd minute, only to hit his shot straight at him!

March Review; Another unbeaten month and again we progress in two cup competitions. Four points in the league sees us remain well in the hunt for the Europa League qualification places, and to be fair the top 4 is not entirely out of reach with 9 games to go!

View attachment 29504

View attachment 29503

Player of the Month
Ignazio Abate

View attachment 29502

Not many players played more than 3 games this month with the rotation that was necessary. And out of all of those who played 3 matched, Abate was the best across his 3 games. The veteran full back has been excellent defensively and contributed with 2 assists going forward as well.

April; Fuckinghell....just look at next month's schedule...10 ****** games in a month!! And there's some massive games for us as well as we take on Chelsea twice in Europe, Arsenal twice in the league and FA Cup, and on top of that we have Spurs and Everton to play in the league as well! I will probably provide next months update in 2 parts otherwise it's going to be one ridiculously large update for you to read!

View attachment 29501

Your form the last two months has been incredible. Mad to see how many games you have now coming up in April!

In a great run of form right now, couple of tough knockout ties ahead but hopefully you can get through

April 2020 Part One

NashBigginss - "I can't really believe how good we've been if I'm honest, but I'm certainly not complaining! The April schedule is pretty crazy, but I suppose it's testament to the fact we are competing in 3 competitions still"

ninjaskill - "Two really tough knockout ties were coming up this month, but I think the headline below should tell you what happened even before you read the whole post"

April 2020 (Part One); An FA Cup Final and Europa League Semi Coming Up!
[FONT=&quot]
Wednesday 1st April 2020[/FONT]

English Premier League
West Brom (Away)

View attachment 29480

A solid performance away from home against one of the bottom sides. We had to keep focused and ensure this didn't become a potential banana skin and we did exactly that! Jordon Ibe scored a cracking volley for us today and he continues to improve and has become one of our most important players over the course of this season!

Ryan Fraser will miss most of our busy schedule this month through injury!

View attachment 29479

Saturday 4th April 2020
FA Cup Semi Final
Arsenal (Wembley)

View attachment 29478

A lot of people would have said before this game that our best chance of winning it would be on penalties....and that's exactly what happened! However, nobody can tell us we didn't deserve this as we took Arsenal all the way and matched them all over the park! It was a day of two very evenly matched teams and in all fairness, it's probably justified that it went to the lottery of a shootout and we're delighted to have come out on top!

We'll take on Liverpool in the FA Cup final next month after they beat Manchester United in the other semi!

View attachment 29477

Thursday 9th April 2020
Europa League Quarter Final (1st Leg)
Chelsea (Away)

View attachment 29476

Wow...just wow!! What a result this was for us. I went into the game with the main aim of scoring an away goal...what I didn't expect was to score two and keep a clean sheet! We've now put ourselves in pole position to qualify for the semi final of the competition!

The Under 18s retain their league title again this year! It's surprising how well they are doing as there really isn't much standout talent in the squad.

View attachment 29475

Sunday 12th April 2020
English Premier League
Aston Villa (Away)

View attachment 29474

I had to make a whole host of changes to the starting lineup from the side that had played Chelsea, due to plenty of fatigue in the team. Going forward, we still had plenty of good moments here, but defensively we looked a bit disorganised. Disappointing to throw a 2-0 lead away and unfortunately we had to settle for a single point.

Jordon Ibe is amongst the favourites to lift the English Player's Young Player of the Year award.

View attachment 29473

The Premier League club profits and losses are announced and we've made nearly an £8 million loss over the last season.

View attachment 29472

Tuesday 14th April 2020
English Premier League
Everton (Home)

View attachment 29469

A good win against a good side! Plenty more rotation was required with only 2 days since our last game, but the lads gave me a solid committed effort.

We're now on a 19 match unbeaten run in all competitions which is a new club record!

View attachment 29468

Thursday 16th April 2020
Europa League Quarter Final (2nd Leg)
Chelsea (Home)

View attachment 29467

This was our 3rd game in 4 days, but luckily it was for Chelsea as well, so both sides were suffering with squads that were not at full fitness. It was us that got off to the faster start and Josh King extended our aggregate lead to 3-0 within the opening 5 minutes! But it was Chelsea that were 2-1 up by half time and set up a very nervous 2nd 45 minutes for us, with them needing only one more goal to go through! When Harry Arter was sent off with 20 minutes remaining, it made life even harder for us and it was a case of simply hanging on for dear life, which we did scraping through to the semis by the skin of our teeth!

We take on German side, RB Leipzig, in the semi final of the Europa League. The other semi will be contested by Tottenham and Lyon.

View attachment 29466

April 2020 Part Two

April 2020 (Part Two); Busy Schedule Catching Up With Us!

Sunday 19th April 2020
English Premier League
Leicester City (Home)

View attachment 29450

Twice we went ahead and twice Leicester pegged us back within minutes! A couple of lapses of concentration cost us all the points today and we have to settle for a draw despite dominating the game.

Jean Michael Seri will miss the next 3 weeks through injury.

View attachment 29449

Tuesday 21st April 2020
English Premier League
Tottenham (Away)

View attachment 29448

I think the busy schedule is starting to catch up with us as Spurs give us a ****** good hiding! We struggled to cope with them today and the sending off of David Brooks when it was only 2-1 certainly didn't help!

Friday 24th April 2020
English Premier League
Arsenal (Away)

View attachment 29447

The Gooners get revenge on us for knocking them out of the FA Cup earlier this month! It's a shame though as right up until the sending off of Adam Smith, we were very much in this game and could easily have walked away from the Emirates with at least a point. We definitely deserve to be on the end of another 4-1 scoreline!

Liverpool are confirmed champions with 3 games remaining! It also means they complete a domestic double after already winning the Carabao Cup and they'll now be going for the treble when they take us on in the FA Cup final next month.

View attachment 29446

Monday 27th April 2020
English Premier League
Wolves (Away)

View attachment 29445

A Ben Woodburn goal either side of half time kicked us on and back to winning ways here. It was important that we stopped the rot before the Leipzig game and this game will have gone a long way to rebuilding confidence amongst the squad.

Our U23s have followed in the footsteps of the U18s side and won their respective league title.

View attachment 29444

Thursday 30th April 2020
Europa League Semi Final (1st Leg)
RB Leipzig (Away)

View attachment 29443

Although I'm disappointed not to get an away goal, a decent 0-0 draw out in Germany means we have it all to play for in the home leg.

April Review; The first half of the month was exceptional, but the busy schedule definitely caught up with us in the 2nd half and our form took a bit of a dive. As far as the league goes, we finish the month in 6th and are all but guaranteed a top 7 finish, although the top 4 now looks out of reach! Hull's relegation is confirmed and Brighton and West Brom look sure to go down with them, whilst Liverpool celebrate a first league title in 30 years!

View attachment 29442

View attachment 29441

Player of the Month
Jordon Ibe

View attachment 29440

Other than Begovic in goal, Ibe was probably our most featured player throughout April and for most of it, he was very, very good! Five goals and a couple of assists along with some good all round match performances was plenty for him to bag this month's award.

May; Our final two league games will be against champions, Liverpool, before we finish the season at West Ham. More important than both those games though is the 2nd leg of our Europa League semi final against Leipzig and the chance for silverware in the FA Cup final where we'll play Liverpool again!

View attachment 29439

May 2020

May 2020; My First Trophy!!
[FONT=&quot]
Saturday 2nd May 2020[/FONT]

English Premier League
Liverpool (Home)

View attachment 29414

A number of key players were rested for this game to keep them as fresh as possible for the Leipzig game and I was prepared to take the defeat as a sacrifice.

Rob Holding will miss the next couple of weeks through injury and will now have a race on his hands to be fit for the FA Cup Final.

View attachment 29413

Thursday 7th May 2020
Europa League Semi Final (2nd Leg)
RB Leipzig (Home)

View attachment 29412

What a comeback that was in the 2nd half! At 2-1 down and with Leipzig holding the away goal advantage as well, we were really up against it! But my lads did me proud with the biggest 45 minutes of their season and boy did they show up when required! Callum Wilson is the star of the day with a hat trick!

I really feel for poor Mo Elneny, who will now miss both of our upcoming finals through injury!

View attachment 29411

Tottenham await us in the Europa League final after they overcame Lyon on away goals in the other semi.

View attachment 29410

Sunday 10th May 2020
English Premier League
West Ham (Away)

View attachment 29409

Our final game of the Premier League season was a bit of a nothing game for us as we were guaranteed a 7th place finish. So my main aim was to avoid any big injuries before our two cup finals next week and I left out quite a few key players. It did cost us as the Hammers went on to win the game, but I can honestly say I'm not too bothered as we have much bigger fish to fry in our next 2 games!

Confirmation of our 7th placed finish in the league for the 2nd season running and we'll be playing European football again next season no matter what the result in next week's Europa League final. Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea will join Liverpool in the Champions League, whilst it was Brighton and West Brom who are relegated alongside Hull.

View attachment 29408

That's another £27 million in prize money for our 7th placed finish!

View attachment 29407

With the extra money in the bank, I immediately asked the board to improve the club's training facilities.

View attachment 29406

Our net transfer spend this season works out at just under £20 million. Three clubs made a profit on their transfers this season, whilst the two Manchester clubs made the biggest losses. Manchester United were over £150 million down and won nothing....Not surprising that Mourinho just got the sack!!

View attachment 29405

Saturday 16th May 2020
FA Cup Final
Liverpool (Wembley)

View attachment 29404

No domestic cup for us this season as we're beaten by arguably the best team in the country this season as Liverpool complete a famous treble! They were sensational in all fairness and the only shock of the day was probably how they only scored 1 goal. We'll be back and this cup run definitely should fill my lads with confidence that we can compete again next season in the domestic cups.

It's no surprise that the media rate us as the biggest overachievers in the FA Cup this season! Callum Wilson finishes up as top scorer in this year's competition.

View attachment 29403

Wednesday 20th May 2020
Europa League Final
Tottenham (Energa Gdansk)

View attachment 29402

Unbelievable stuff!! Our first ever season playing European competition and we win the Europa League trophy! I know this is only the second rate European competition but this is still an absolutely fantastic achievement for little old Bournemouth on the south coast and a very proud moment for me! Jordon Ibe was absolutely sensational here and took both his goals extremely well!

View attachment 29401

Just as with the FA Cup, we are rated by the media as the biggest overachievers in the Europa League this season...no **** sherlock!!

View attachment 29400

Another £7.6 million in prize money for winning the Europa League! Happy days!

View attachment 29399

The board and fans can't lick my **** enough....and rightly so!

View attachment 29398

View attachment 29397

And another £10 million hits the bank account in Europa League TV money!

View attachment 29396

Setting all the money aside, the best thing about winning the Europa League this year is the fact that it means we qualify for the big one next season...yep, that's right Bournemouth are going to the Champions League!!

View attachment 29395

The board give me a whopping £67 million to spend this Summer!

View attachment 29394

End of Season

End of Season

The overall best eleven is announced and there are a couple of surprises in there for me. I'd probably be having Steve Cook or Rob Holding at centre back alongside Ake. Gosling is mainly there for last season's performances but likely he'll be replaced next year and Moise Kean has done well to work his way into the starting 11, when I thought that could easily have gone to Josh King or David Brooks.

View attachment 29392

Callum Wilson absolutely ****** the fan's vote for player of the season and I completely agree with Jordon Ibe bagging the young player of the season award. Wonderkid, Sandro Tonali is also fully deserving of the signing of the season title and he has a massive future ahead of him!

View attachment 29391

Manager's Player of the Season
Jordon Ibe

View attachment 29383

This lad has got better and better throughout the year and he has cemented his name as one of the first on my team sheet each week. If he's available, he's playing!

Looking over the entire squad at the end of the season, I can immediately see a number of players that consistently played well over the course of the year and finished the season with decent average ratings. Everyone got a fair amount of football, with even the fringe players managing 10 or more appearances! Callum Wilson led the way on goals scored again and that is to be expected...he bagged a massive 34 goals this year, whilst Jordon Ibe and David Brooks also reached double figures. Jordon Ibe was the main creative outlet for the side, chipping in with 19 assists and David Brooks again impressed in this area with 11 of his own!

View attachment 29382

What a fantastic season it's been! We cemented ourselves as a top 7 club again in the Premier League, made a domestic cup final and won the Europa League at the very first time of asking! Can't complain with that and the future looks bright for us!

View attachment 29390

Jordon Ibe wins the Europa League player of the season award! What an achievement that is for the lad!

View attachment 29389

Nathan Ake and Callum Wilson also join Ibe in the team of the season for the Europa League.

View attachment 29388

The board invest more money into the youth setup at the club!

View attachment 29387

A load of top managers lost their jobs this season. Pep was sacked at Man City in February and replaced by Carlo Ancelotti, whilst Mourinho was sacked by United at the end of the season and is yet to be replaced. Following their Europa League final loss to us, Mauricio Pochettino has also been sacked by Spurs.

View attachment 29386

Our success in Europe this season has seen our sponsorship money go through the roof!

View attachment 29385

Sandro Tonali is rewarded for his development this year with a massive 5 year contract!

View attachment 29384

Last edited:
Enjoying this! Excited to see what signings you make for your assault on the champions league

June 2020

brooksey84 - "There's a couple of real big ones here..."

June 2020; A Couple Of Really Big Signings
[FONT=&quot]
Dan Gosling came to me and said he wanted to move on for a new challenge. He wasn't a regular in the team this season and I envisage him getting even less football next season, so I was happy to let him leave. He'll join Celtic in a move worth up to £4.6 million with add ons.

[/FONT]
View attachment 29376

The transfer window officially opens and the three players I'm being linked with are of no interest to me at all! Liverpool are expected to splash the cash on Icardi which would be an amazing signing for them and improve their already amazing attack!

View attachment 29375

Harry Arter followed Dan Gosling to Celtic but for a much higher fee. He is a player that demands a lot of football and threw his dummy out the pram a couple of times this season when he didn't feel I was playing him enough. So when Celtic came in with an offer which could reach over £16 million, I bit their hands off!

View attachment 29374

In an attempt to build the club's profile out in the USA, I have asked the board to set up an affiliation with Columbus Crew. This should help generate extra revenue out in the States.

View attachment 29373

We made giant strides in the European rankings this season, moving up 62 places!!

View attachment 29372

With Dan Gosling and Harry Arter leaving the club over the past couple of weeks, it was important that I added another central midfielder to the squad. Preferably I wanted someone with a bit of experience and the fact that I picked up an Englishman in Fabian Delph is even better! And he hasn't cost me anything as he'll join when his contract expires with Manchester City on 1st July!

View attachment 29371

View attachment 29370

Another England international joins us, but this time I forked out a hefty fee! Harry Maguire will cost us a total of £51 million with a lump sum paid up front and another £29 million paid over the next 3 seasons, but I firmly believe he will be worth every penny!

View attachment 29369

View attachment 29368

Immediately after bringing in Maguire, I splash the cash again, forking out £43 million for a new striker. It's very apparent that Callum Wilson is our key goalscoring threat in this side, but without any real decent quality cover up top and that was something I wanted to rectify! So I've brought in Polish striker, Arkadiusz Milik from Napoli. Milik is a world class striker who can bang in plenty of goals for us!

View attachment 29367

View attachment 29366

We will play AS Monaco in the European Super Cup in August.

View attachment 29365

Another signing and it's another centre back, but this time there is no monster fee. Just the £16 million will be paid for 20 year old Boubacar Kamara from Marseille. At the age of 20, he has his best years ahead of him and can still improve into a very good player, but for now he'll do a great job for us as a rotation option during those busy months when I have to rest the likes of Maguire and Ake.

View attachment 29364

View attachment 29363

Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool all up in our first 5 games...a tough start to the new league campaign!

View attachment 29362

Pre Season

Pre Season 2020/21
[FONT=&quot]
I tried to offload Junior Stanislas, but nobody wanted to buy him, so instead he has gone out on loan again and Crystal Palace will pay all of his wages for the season.

[/FONT]
View attachment 29354

Our matchday and ticket revenue has more than double from last season, where we were bottom of this table with only £8 million generated!

View attachment 29353

Connor Mahoney has left the club to join Sunderland in a deal worth £2.5 million.

View attachment 29352

Callum Wilson is finally getting the recognition he deserves and is amongst the favourites to finish as the league's top goalscorer this year!

View attachment 29351

It's been another succesful pre season campaign where we won every game except one. The Wimbledon game was just an off day for our front men as we had 32 shots on goal but only scored one. The 8-1 result against Dover was a fun day out for the lads!

View attachment 29350

Before the season kicks off, we'll have a look at the preview! The bookies reckon we'll finish 7th again for a 3rd year running, but the key thing to look at here is that they have us at only 10-1 to win the title....this is a massive compliment to how far we've come in just 2 seasons! I still don't have any players who make the dream eleven, despite forking out over £40 million for two players this Summer. Nathan Ake and new signing, Arkadiusz Milik are our two players to watch for this season according to the pundits!

View attachment 29349

Harry Maguire is made the club's new captain!

View attachment 29348

Asmir Begovic is going to miss the first couple of weeks of the season through injury...not an ideal way to start the campaign with our backup keeper between the sticks!

View attachment 29347

On transfer deadline day, Tyrone Mings leaves the club for Huddersfield. He's been a great rotation player for me so far, but I couldn't refuse the £10 million (rising to £12 million) that Huddersfield offered for him!

View attachment 29346

There was some incoming business on transfer deadline day as well as we agreed a season long loan agreement with Arsenal for wonderkid, Reiss Nelson, who will offer us more options in attack!

View attachment 29345

View attachment 29344

The transfer window closes and it's Manchester City that are the biggest spenders this year, forking out over £200 million on new players. They hijacked Liverpool's move for Mauro Icardi and brought him Manchester for over £100 million! Newcastle will be kicking themselves as a Florian Thauvin that they sold to Marseille for under £10 million, now joins Manchester United for over £70 million!!

View attachment 29343

August; The rest of August will see us play our opening 6 league games with Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool amongst them and it could be a tough start for us. We'll also go for another piece of silverware as we take on AS Monaco in the European Super Cup...a trophy Sir Alex Ferguson won just the once!

View attachment 29342