My First Ever Attempt At The Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge

Some excellent transfer business there

Great business there mate, hopefully you can invest it back into the squad and get Bournemouth fighting for Champions League again and the title.

On a personal level I'm glad you "let Newcastle win" to allow them to stay up. :p

Great story, brilliant read..

But..…. Why did you take over as Bournemouth when they were 18th!!! Brighton were 19th as Man Utd were when Fergie took over Leicester were 18th when Fergie took over!!!!!!!!!!!

July 2021

leckuno - "Thanks mate, I'm very exited about some of our signings this Summer"

neavie pops23 - "It was my pleasure to let Newcastle win mate. We should definitely have a strong enough team to be getting back into the top 7 this year and hopefully close in on those top 4"

marsden1234 - "Thanks for following mate. Are you sure about the 18th/19th?? The Sir Alex Ferguson challenge has always been to take over the team in 18th place on November 6th"

170px-AFC_Bournemouth_%282013%29.svg.png

July 2021; 4 In, 4 Out At Bournemouth & Europa League Qualifying Gets Under Way
[FONT=&quot]
We kick off July with another departure from the club. Sergio Oliveira won't fit into the new formation I am looking to play this season as he struggles to play the DM or AM roles, but instead is an out and out MC! I offered him up for transfer and newly promoted Blackburn Rovers have snapped him up for £22 million, which may rise to £28 million! Again, it's another player we have made a profit on in a short space of time!

[/FONT]
View attachment 27949

With David Raya now my number 1 keeper, it meant I had Asmir Begovic sitting there to be a backup on £85,000 per week! Unfortunately, he had to go and Burnley snapped him up for just under £5 million.

View attachment 27948

My next signing is a bit of a risk. I have forked out £11 million for a promising 17 year old from our local rivals Southampton. Will Weatherstone is already making appearances for the England U19s and looks to have a bright future. He can cover both left and right back roles which could be key in the future as well! There's no guarantee he'll turn out to be Premier League quality but with his stats already being pretty impressive at such a young age, I thought he was worth the punt!

View attachment 27947

View attachment 27946

Thursday 8th July 2021
Europa League Best Placed First Qualifying Round (1st Leg)
CS Petrocub (Home)
Formation: 4-2-3-1 DM Wide

View attachment 27945

I almost feel sorry for the 2 away fans that came to see Petrocub today! I mean, I was expecting to win pretty comfortably but this result was an absolute joke...well, just the fact that way had more than 50 shots at goal is a bit of a **** take! Safe to say we'll be through to the next round even though there's the 2nd leg still to play!

Joel Pereira was released at the end of last season by Manchester United and I've snapped him up on a free to act as my backup keeper for the upcoming season!

View attachment 27944

View attachment 27943

After a couple of seasons out on loan, Junior Stanislas has finally left the club. He joins local rivals Southampton for £3 million.

View attachment 27942

Yannick Carrasco is a world class winger that I was looking at last Summer, but he made the choice to join Chelsea for £26.5 million. He played 23 games for them last season and scored 4 goals as well as bagging 9 assists, but for some reason Chelsea have transfer listed him. I've managed to snap him up on loan for the upcoming season and he is a very strong addition to our attacking unit!

View attachment 27941

View attachment 27940

Thursday 15th July 2021
Europa League Best Placed First Qualifying Round (2nd Leg)
CS Petrocub (Away)

View attachment 27939

We again reach double figures in the away leg and win this tie by an incredible 23-0 aggregate scoreline! Absolutely mental!!

In the next qualifying round of the Europa League, we'll take on AFC Botosani of Romania.

View attachment 27938

With my new 4-2-3-1 DM Wide formation, I play a central attacking midfielder. However, I only really have new signing Juan Fernando Quintero who can naturally play that role, so I was keen to add another player to the squad for this role. I wanted someone English, who wouldn't break the bank, and Alex Pritchard fits that bill perfectly. He has caused us problems when we've taken on Huddersfield over the past couple of seasons and at a cost of only just over £10 million, he's a bargain really and will definitely do a job for us when rotated with Quintero.

View attachment 27937

View attachment 27936

****! Nathan Ake will miss the first few weeks of the season after picking up an injury in training!

View attachment 27935

We remain 14th in the table on matchday and ticket revenue although our income has gone up from £17 million last season, to nearly £18.3 million.

View attachment 27934

Thursday 22nd July 2021
Europa League Best Placed Second Qualifying Round (1st Leg)
AFC Botosani (Away)

View attachment 27933

Back to more sensible scorelines again, but a solid 2-0 away win sets up the 2nd leg at home nicely and progression should be comfortable again. It looked for a long time like we might not actually find the back of the net, but in the final 15 minutes we finally broke the deadlock and grab the win in Romania.

Ricardo Horta will also miss the start of the Premier League season with broken ribs picked up against Botosani.

View attachment 27932

With 2 new keepers coming in this Summer, there is no place in the squad for Adam Bogdan and he is moved on for a minimal fee to Hungarian side, Honved.

View attachment 27931

Thursday 29th July 2021
Europa League Best Placed Second Qualiyfing Round (2nd Leg)
AFC Botosani (Home)

View attachment 27930

An easy win at home sees us through to the Third Qualifying Round.

It's Slovenian side, ND Gorica, in the next qualifying stage of the Europa League.

View attachment 27929

I have been using the Europa League qualifying campaign as my pre season friendlies this year to get the squad fit for the start of the Premier League, but there have still been two other friendlies. We played Norwegian side, Sarpsborg and our affiliate club AFC Wimbledon, recording wins in both games.

View attachment 27928

August 2021 (Part 1)

August 2021 (Part One); Young English Players Our Focus In The Transfer Market
[FONT=&quot]
Harry Maguire and Nathan Ake will remain captain and vice captain this season!

[/FONT]
View attachment 27894

We have set up an affiliation with South Korean side, Ulsan Hyundai, in an attempt to increase our profile in Asia and bring more revenue to the club. I wonder how long it'll be before I'm bringing a South Korean player to the club to boost that profile as well.

View attachment 27893

Ryan Fraser is going to struggle to get anywhere near the starting lineup this season with the new arrivals all being better than him, so when Newcastle came in with a loan offer I was happy to let him go up North for the season. Newcastle will cover all of his wages and even pay us a monthly fee as well, so this is a decent deal for us!

View attachment 27892

With my youth intake being so poor each year, it seems I've got to go out there and find my own youngsters to bring to the club and I've found a decent prospect in 16 year old full back, Ethan Rolls. I have parted with £350k which may double with add ons to bring him here from Hull and hopefully my youth development team can nurture him into a future first team player.

View attachment 27891

View attachment 27890

On transfer deadline day, I bring another English prospect to the club. Samuel Parkin, an 18 year old striker, signs from Leeds United for £3.4 million. He'll get nowhere near the first team squad this season but looks like he has enough about him to develop over the next couple of years out on loan and then hopefully make an impact for us.

View attachment 27889

View attachment 27888

The transfer deadline passes and it was Manchester City who were the biggest spenders this year, forking out over £220 million on just two players!! Ousmane Dembele costing them a massive £188 million from Barcelona!! Leroy Sane went in the opposite direction for only half the fee and I can't help but think Barca got the better end of this deal by a country mile!! Man City also helped fund the Dembele deal by allowing Gabriel Jesus to join Real Madrid for over £100 million!

View attachment 27887

Thursday 5th August 2021
Europa League Best Placed Third Qualifying Round (1st Leg)
Gorica (Home)

View attachment 27886

Moise Kean scored his 7th and 8th goals of this qualifying campaign already, on our way to a comfortably win and setting us up nicely for another relatively easy qualification round win.

The season preview shows our odds to win the title have once again slashed and we're now only 7-1 and considered amongst the best teams in the league. However, the media/bookies still predict that we'll struggle to topple any of the big 6 this season and expect us to only narrowly qualify for the Europa League again with a 7th placed finish. We still don't have anyone in the dream 11 which is unsurprising with the ridiculous money that the top clubs have been forking out for players over the last few seasons. Despite Ousmane Dembele costing nearly £200 million though, he doesn't make that eleven! The media believe our 2 key players this year will be Arkadiusz Milik and Sandro Tonali who is maturing into a very good player!

View attachment 27885

The board send me their expectations for the upcoming season and they won't settle for anything less than a top 7 finish in the league this year. They want quarter finals of the FA Cup and to get through the group stage in Europe. Apparently, now we've won it, the Carabao Cup is no longer important.

View attachment 27884

**** it...with Nathan Ake already out injured, we'll now have to kick off the Premier League campaign without either of our first choice centre backs after Harry Maguire picks up an injury in training 2 days before the Chelsea game!

View attachment 27883

Just over 100 fans decided they didn't want to renew their season tickets this year.

View attachment 27882

August 2021 (Part 2)

August 2021 (Part Two); The Premier League Begins!
[FONT=&quot]
Sunday 8th August 2021[/FONT]

English Premier League
Chelsea (Away)

View attachment 27881

Now that's how you start a Premier League season...go away to one of the best teams in the league, win and keep a clean sheet in the process! What a fantastic start!

Thursday 12th August 2021
Europa League Best Placed Third Qualifying Round (2nd Leg)
Gorica (Away)

View attachment 27880

Another big win in the Europa League qualification stages takes our goals scored to an incredible 40 in just 6 games!! Carrasco was the standout performer today and staked his claim for a first team starting spot as we progress to the final round of qualifying before the group stage.

If we're going to make the group stage of the Europa League, we'll need to overcome Rangers in the next qualifying round. They will offer a significant step up on the level of opposition we've played so far!

View attachment 27879

Our 40 goals in this years competition is a new record and the group stages haven't even started yet!!!

View attachment 27878

Sunday 15th August 2021
English Premier League
Arsenal (Away)

View attachment 27877

So, so, so ****** unlucky! Aubameyang scrambles the ball over the line in stoppage time to give Arsenal the win! We deserved a draw here and that late goal really hurts! Worth noting that the Kamara sending off was really harsh as well, he was given a red for bringing down Aubameyang when he was running towards our goal but Kamara was not the last man so it should have only been a yellow!

Thursday 19th August 2021
Europa League Best Placed Fourth Qualifying Round (1st Leg)
Rangers (Away)

View attachment 27876

Not overly convincing but we got the job done up in Scotland, scoring an away goal and keeping a clean sheet. A routine home performance in the 2nd leg should be enough to see us through now.

Sunday 22nd August 2021
English Premier League
Liverpool (Home)

View attachment 27875

We were completely overrun by the reigning champions and in all fairness, didn't deserve to get anything out of this game. I'm disappointed with the lack of resistance we offered though and the performance was poor from our side.

The first game in our defence of the Carabao Cup will be a home tie against Leeds United.

View attachment 27874

Thursday 26th August 2021
Europa League Best Placed Fourth Qualifying Round (2nd Leg)
Rangers (Home)

View attachment 27873

Again, we were unconvincing against Rangers as we win 1-0 again and make it through to the group stages of the competition with a 2-0 aggregate victory!

We were 1st seeds for the Europa League group draw and it's paid off as we are handed a very winnable group in my opinion. Zorya and Genk shouldn't be too hard to overcome, with only Feyenoord likely to represent any kind of challenge to us in group C.

View attachment 27872

Sunday 29th August 2021
English Premier League
Tottenham (Away)

View attachment 27871

A decent point away at Spurs in a game of few decent chances for either side.

Our commercial income has risen by over £10 million over the past year, and it moves us from 11th to 8th in the league rankings.

View attachment 27870

August Review; We've had an amazing qualifying campaign for the Europa League and can now look forward to another group stage in European competition for a 3rd season running. As far as the league goes, we had one of the most difficult starts imaginable, but have still managed to pick up 4 points from 4 games that we could have lost all of them! It means we are only 15th in the table, but with some easier games, we could string together a run of results and quickly climb the table I'm sure!

View attachment 27869

View attachment 27868

Player of the Month
David Raya

View attachment 27867

Our goalkeeper has made a good start to the campaign, keeping 4 clean sheets this month in his 7 games between the sticks. He's pulled off some outstanding saves to keep us in the Premier League games against top opposition as well!

September; We must do all we can to win our 3 league games next month otherwise I'm bound to start receiving pressure from the board again. We'll be looking to get off to a good start in the Europa League as well, whilst the Carabao Cup will offer an opportunity to play some fringe and younger players.

View attachment 27866

It's definitely 19th you're supposed to take over, but no worries still a great story

I don't think it matters if 18th or 19th. Brilliant story, long may it continue. I was glad to see Brooks get a 91st minute goal against Petrocub to sneak you through...

September 2021

tristybabes - "Now my whole life feels like a lie"

marsden1234 - "Cheers for the positive feedback mate. Yea so lucky Brooks got that goal we so badly needed right!"

September 2021; If We Don't Concede, We Can't Lose!
[FONT=&quot]
Over a billion pounds was spent by Premier League clubs during the Summer transfer window, which was the most in the world. Over £500 million was spent in Spain, Germany and Italy as well although their spend isn't a patch on the English clubs. Barcelona and Real Madrid were among the top spending clubs as they look to mount a fresh assault on this year's Champions League!

[/FONT]
View attachment 27833

Sandro Tonali made his first cap for Italy and was quick to thank.....ME!!

View attachment 27832

The youngster that I bought for only £14.5 million is now worth a massive £44 million!!

View attachment 27831

With his 4th cap, Callum Wilson scores his 1st goal for England.

View attachment 27830

Saturday 11th September 2021
English Premier League
Stoke (Home)

View attachment 27829

Stoke ran us closer than I'd have liked here with a closely fought game, but I'm glad to have got over the line with an important victory in the league!

Thursday 16th September 2021
Europa League Group Stage
Feyenoord (Home)

View attachment 27828

A solid second half performance gets us off to a winning start in the Europa League group stage against our most challenging opponent. Should be plain sailing from here on out right?!

Sunday 19th September 2021
English Premier League
Newcastle (Away)

View attachment 27827

Emanuel Vignato's first goal for the club was an absolute cracker here and it was enough for us to walk away with all 3 points and get a bit of revenge on The Magpies for our final day defeat last season.

Wednesday 22nd September 2021
Carabao Cup 3rd Round
Leeds (Home)

View attachment 27826

We get through on penalties, when we really should have put the game to bed in 90 minutes after completely dominating the entire game! Our strikers definitely haven't hit the ground running this year, with Milik and Wilson both struggling to find the back of the net in the opening weeks of the English competitions!

We'll go away to Leicester in the next round of the Carabao Cup!

View attachment 27825

Saturday 25th September 2021
English Premier League
Burnley (Home)

View attachment 27824

I'm absolutely ******* livid with that! Throwing away a 3 goal lead at home to a much weaker side is not good enough!! On the plus side, Moise Kean was superb!!

Thursday 30th September 2021
KRC Genk (Away)

View attachment 27823

A routine win out in Belgium against Genk ensures we've taken maximum points from our opening 2 games and we already look like e'll fly through this group as expected. Callum Wilson gets on the scoresheet, whilst Josh Tymon chips in with a rare strike of his own.

September Review; A fantastic month saw us keep 5 clean sheets in 6 games as we were brilliant defensively. I still feel there is room for improvement up front and our strikers haven't hit their stride yet, although if we can keep things this tight at the back then any team will struggle to beat us this year. Throwing away the 3 goal lead to Burnley was unacceptable but was the only blip in an otherwise perfect month. In the Premier League, we rose 5 places to 10th and with our game in hand we could be touching on the top 7 if we win it. Aston Villa are the early surprise package, having won 6 of their opening 7 games!! Things look dire for Palace as they have failed to pick up a single point yet!

View attachment 27822

View attachment 27821

A perfect start in the Europa League leaves us top of our group and one more win will virtually guarantee our passage through to the knockout stages.

View attachment 27820

Player of the Month
Juan Fernando Quintero

View attachment 27819

It's already clear to see the influence this guy is having in the games he plays. He's a great passer of the ball and is creating so many chances for the team and if our strikers could just finish them, he would be leading the assists charts I'm sure.

October; We kick off next month with a tough home fixture to Manchester United, before going to pointless Palace! Games against West Brom and Wolves are very winnable in the league and it looks like we have an opportunity to get ourselves further up the table. Leicester in the Carabao Cup will be another opportunity to play some fringe players, whilst a win against Zorya in Europe will almost certainly see us through to the knockout stages after just 3 games.

View attachment 27818

October 2021

October 2021; Making An Assault On The Top 4!

Italian duo, Moise Kean and Emanuel Vignato take 1st and 2nd in the Premier League Young Player of the Month award for September!

View attachment 27749

Sunday 3rd October 2021
English Premier League
Manchester United (Home)

View attachment 27748

We inflict Manchester United's first defeat on them this season with a fantastic win, which was well deserved off the back of a very good home performance from my lads! It was a close game as you'd expect against United, but we looked more determined and committed on the day as it was clear to see us fighting hard for every ball and it paid off in the end!

**** me, this geezer loves an injury! Yannick Carrasco picks up another injury that will keep him out for another 3-4 weeks. This is his 4th injury already since joining us on loan in the Summer!

View attachment 27747

Moise Kean made his first cap for the Italian national side, following his good start to this season for us!

View attachment 27746

Monday 18th October 2021
English Premier League
Crystal Palace (Away)

View attachment 27745

After this defeat to us, Crystal Palace remain without a single point in the league so far this year and a rooted to the bottom of the table with relegation already staring them in the face! Still, I don't care as it's onwards and upwards for my Bournemouth side as we record another win and continue to move on up the table!

Thursday 21st October 2021
Zorya (Home)

View attachment 27744

Our Ukrainian opponents simply couldn't handle Arkadiusz Milik as he was on fire, banging in 4 goals today! An easy win for us, which is pleasing as I rotated the squad a lot to give some of our better players a rest!

Feyenoord recorded a 5-1 win over Genk as well which leaves us both looking very good for qualification after the opening 3 games now! A single point in our next game will be enough to see us into the knockout stages.

View attachment 27743

Sunday 24th October 2021
English Premier League
West Brom (Home)

View attachment 27742

Our strikers really had an off day today and although we created 37 chances, we just couldn't score. Luckily, West Brom felt sorry for us and scored in their own net for us which was enough for us to take all 3 points here!

It's been a while since we improved the youth facilities again, so I asked the board if we could invest some more cash into that area!

View attachment 27741

Wednesday 27th October 2021
Carabao Cup 4th Round
Leicester City (Away)

View attachment 27740

Again I rotated most of the starting lineup for the cup game and Leicester used it to their advantage as they knocked us out. It's not too much of an issue as the board didn't see this competition as important anyway and I've got my sights set on bigger things this year. The only thing that is a little disappointing is the fact we were the much better side and created a **** load more chances than them, so shouldn't really have lost the game.

Saturday 30th October 2021
English Premier League
Wolves (Away)

View attachment 27739

If our strikers could take their chances, we'd be absolutely lethal! We created nearly 30 chances again here, but only win 1-0. Luckily for me, our defense has been **** hot this year and the fact we aren't conceding goals means we are getting away with our low conversion rate up front!

October Review; It's been another excellent month with the cup defeat to Leicester being the only blotch on our record! We're now unbeaten in 8 league games and have moved into the top 4! We still have a game in hand over Arsenal in 3rd and could leapfrog them if we win it as well! Only Manchester United have a better defnesive record than us and my only complaint so far this season would be our lack of goals scored! Crystal Palace finally put their first point on the board this month with a 1-1 draw against Manchester United, but things still look bleak for the South London side.

View attachment 27738

View attachment 27737

Player of the Month
Arkadiusz Milik

View attachment 27736

Despite not taking as many chances as I'd have liked him to, Arkadiusz Milik has done enough to win my player of the month for October. He did score 6 and got one assist in 6 games this month and hopefully this is him warming into the season after a slow start and he can now go on a run of good form over the coming months...very similar to last season when he started slow and picked up his form around this time.

November; Our two European games this month will decide the outcome of our group and we could have won the group if we win them both, with a game to spare. In the league, again there is no reason why we can't have a good month. With Everton and Leicester coming to Dean Court, we have the home advantage to carry us through both those games, whilst we should be beating Brighton away.

View attachment 27735

November 2021

November 2021; Defence Gone To ****!

Thursday 4th November 2021
Zorya (Away)

View attachment 27728

We weren't at full strength as again I took the opportunity to rest some players, but we still made light work of this game out in Ukraine. Zorya were simply no match for us again as we record another easy win.

Sunday 7th November 2021
English Premier League
Everton (Home)

View attachment 27727

I'm not quite sure what happened here if I'm honest. We had one of those days where we couldn't defend for our lives! Really poor and no real excuse as to why?!

Sunday 21st November 2021
English Premier League
Brighton (Away)

View attachment 27726

Fraser Forster will be kicking himself as it was his fumble from Seri's free kick in the final minute, which allowed Emanuel Vignato to tap in an easy rebound and give us victory with the final kick of the game! A massive 3 points in a game we were a little poor in!

That last minute goal ensured we kept up our record of scoring 3 goals against Brighton in all 5 of our meetings, every one ending in a Bournemouth win!

View attachment 27725

Thursday 25th November 2021
Feyenoord (Away)

View attachment 27724

Disappointing to lose, especially after working so hard to draw back to 2-2 from 2-0 down! But in the end, they took advantage of the extra man and bagged a late winner to send us back home with nothing...apart from a suspension to Moise Kean that is!

With the defeat to Feyenoord, it leaves both of us on 12 points and through to the knockout stages. A win against Genk in the final game will confirm our position as group winners and should give us a more favourable draw in the next round.

View attachment 27723

Sunday 28th November 2021
English Premier League
Leicester City (Home)

View attachment 27722

**** poor!! A really bad result against a 19th placed Leicester side!! Our defence seems to have gone to complete **** over the last few games, with no real explanation as to why?!

November Review; After a couple of months where we barely conceded a goal, all of a sudden this month our defending has gone to **** and we've conceded 12 goals in our last 4 games!! It's hard to pinpoint where the problem lies as we're not missing anyone in particular and I've made no changes to the tactics...hopefully, they've just had an off month and will improve again quickly...I hope!! Two defeats in the league meant we squandered one of our games in hand and slip down to 6th. However, we still have a game spare over the teams above us and a win in that match will take us up to 3rd, so we're still very much in the mix. Liverpool and Manchester United are pulling away at the top though and it already looks like a two horse race for the title! At the bottom, if Crystal Palace survive relegation this year it will be an absolute miracle as this has to be the worst start to a Premier League season ever?!

View attachment 27721

View attachment 27720

Player of the Month
Callum Wilson

View attachment 27719

Wilson played the part of super sub this month, coming off the bench at half time to score in 3 seperate games! He bagged an assist along the way too and it's good to see the striker hitting some decent form again!

December; Next month will be busy, as December always is! We have a mix of opponents from both the top 6 and the bottom half of the table to play in the league and it's hard to predict how we'll do in any of those games, especially if our defence doesn't tighten up again! I'll be happy to take 10 points from our 7 games in all honesty!

View attachment 27718

December 2021

neavie pops23 - "Not from Juventus no. However, he has been linked with a £50 million plus move to a couple of other Premier League clubs, Newcastle and Aston Villa"

December 2021; A Decent Enough End To The Year

Wednesday 1st December 2021
English Premier League
Watford (Away)

View attachment 27389

Despite having to play most of the game with ten men, after Ake's early sending off for a two footed challenge, we still went on to win the game and were the better side too! Our defence was again a shambles for their goal, with a complete mix up between Maguire and Raya, leaving Iglesias an open goal to tap into for them to equalize! These mistakes must be eradicated and are simply not acceptable at this level!

Monday 6th December 2021
English Premier League
Blackburn (Home)

View attachment 27388

We were pretty bad here and this is a game that we should be winning with relative ease! We had a lot of shots, but lacked composure today, shooting from well outside the box rather than taking our time to create more clear cut opportunities!

We'll go away to Forest Green Rovers on New Year's Day in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

View attachment 27387

Thursday 9th December 2021
KRC Genk (Home)

View attachment 27386

We rounded off the group stages with an easy win at home to Genk. Yannick Carrasco scored an excellent first half hat trick to take the match ball! Hopefully, he'll continue to have an impact in the latter stages of the tournament next year.

We're confirmed as group winners after the win against Genk, with Feyenoord taking the runners up spot. As predicted before the group started, Genk and Zorya offered very little!

View attachment 27385

Sunday 12th December 2021
English Premier League
West Ham (Away)

View attachment 27384

The Hammers have made a good start to the season and sat 7th at kick off, so we knew this wasn't going to be an easy day out! However, our best defensive performance for a while and a single goal from Ricardo Horta was enough to get us a good win at The London Stadium. It was good to see Silvan Widmer rise to the occasion against his former club with a man of the match performance!

Tomas Soucek will miss the festive period through injury!

View attachment 27383

CSKA Moscow will be our opponents in the first knockout round of the Europa League. Not the easiest of draws and we'll have to play well to get through.

View attachment 27382

Saturday 18th December 2021
English Premier League
Manchester City (Home)

View attachment 27381

Get in there!! A big win against Manchester City means we have hit the target of 10 points I set myself for December already, and we still have 3 matches to play! Arkadiusz Milik played a target man role for the first time today and it seemed to work wonders as he scored 2 goals to secure us the win!

Tuesday 21st December 2021
English Premier League
Aston Villa (Home)

View attachment 27380

A late Milik penalty ensured we recorded another win here after dominating the whole game.

Sunday 26th December 2021
English Premier League
Chelsea (Home)

View attachment 27379

A good effort against Chelsea but it wasn't to be and we suffer defeat for the first time in December! Lewis Cook came back to haunt us, scrambling the ball over the line for Chelsea's first only minutes into the game.

Wednesday 29th December 2021
English Premier League
Aston Villa (Away)

View attachment 27378

Villa immediately get revenge on us for beating them two games ago. Defensively we were really poor and conceding 5 goals to a team in the bottom half of the table is simply unacceptable!

We have a pretty sketchy record against Aston Villa, having now lost 3 of our 6 games against them!

View attachment 27377

December Review; Despite losing our final two games of the year, December was a pretty decent month overall as we picked up another 13 points in the league, which sees us retain a place in the top 5! Manchester United have opened up a 7 point gap as they look to stop the Scousers winning a 3rd straight league title. Leicester and Stoke sit just above the relegation zone, although could easily be drawn into the battle with a bad run, whilst Palace still look certain to be playing Championship football next season!

View attachment 27376

View attachment 27375

Player of the Month
Juan Fernando Quintero

View attachment 27374

Our advanced playmaker showed off some of his creative flair this month, with 3 assists in his last 4 games. Throw a goal in there along with a couple of very good match ratings and it's enough for him to take the player of the month award for December.

January; Not an overly busy schedule next month, but **** me it's a tough one as we take on Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs all in a row! Well, that should seperate the men from the boys!

View attachment 27373

January 2022

January 2022; Sustaining Our Challenge For The Top 4
[FONT=&quot]
The transfer window opens and it's Jadon Sancho who is one of the main talking points as he's linked with a big money move to Chelsea! Manchester United are also looking to add another attacking player to their ranks (because they clearly don't have enough already) in the form of Leon Bailey. We're linked with a defensive midfielder Alfred Duncan, and I can confirm I have absolutely no interest in him whatsoever! My main aim will be to keep some of my main stars here this January, with clubs sniffing round the likes of Nathan Ake, Arkadiusz Milik, Moise Kean and Sandro Tonali!

[/FONT]
View attachment 27348

Emanuel Vignato picks up the Premier League Young Player of the Month award for December!

View attachment 27347

Saturday 1st January 2022
FA Cup 3rd Round
Forest Green (Away)

View attachment 27346

As expected, we recorded an easy win against Forest Green to progress in the cup. I took the opportunity to rotate most of the team and it didn't hinder us at all as we were in control for the full 90 minutes. Still, the Forest Green fans will have had a good day out and seen some decent footballers on show!

I reject an offer from PSG of £40 million for Nathan Ake.

View attachment 27345

We'll go away to Burnley in the 4th round of the FA Cup at the end of the month.

View attachment 27344

Saturday 8th January 2022
English Premier League
Arsenal (Home)

View attachment 27343

For a long time it didn't look like we were going to be rewarded for our dominance in this game! But a late Callum Wilson strike ensured we did in fact walk away with all 3 points and well deserved they were too! It shows just how far we've come as a club when we are completely owning a team like Arsenal in the Premier League!

Saturday 15th January 2022
English Premier League
Liverpool (Away)

View attachment 27342

We gave a decent account of ourselves at Anfield, but again they proved too much for us and we come away with nothing!

Florian Baranik is a player I signed a couple of seasons back for £1.3 million, but the youngster hasn't come on as much as I'd hoped and I've now let him leave the club to join West Brom for under half the fee we paid.

View attachment 27341

Yannick Carrasco picks up another injury that will keep him out for the next 3 weeks!

View attachment 27340

Saturday 22nd January 2022
FA Cup 4th Round
Burnley (Away)

View attachment 27339

Another comfortable win in the FA Cup sees us through. Moise Kean was on fire today and took both his goals with maturity beyond his years. He is really starting to realise his potential this season and could become a world class player over the next season or two.

Another away draw in the 5th round of the FA Cup as we go up north to take on Wigan.

View attachment 27338

Tuesday 25th January 2022
English Premier League
Tottenham (Home)

View attachment 27337

Just as we did against Arsenal, we completely dominated Spurs here as well! The difference being that we recorded a much bigger result as our finishing was a lot better! We really did boss this one from start to finish and Spurs only got one highlight throughout the entire match, a Harry Kane effort which went high and wide from about 18 yards!

Saturday 29th January 2022
English Premier League
Stoke (Away)

View attachment 27336

Stoke is never an easy place to go, but we come away with another win on a rainy, miserable Saturday afternoon! Milik bagged the winner with his 8th league goal of the season!

Kasper Dolberg joined Manchester City for just under £50 million a couple of seasons ago, but has only made 10 appearances for the club since! I'm interested to have a look at him to see if he is good enough to do a job for us so have brought him in on loan for the remainder of the season. I've agreed to pay his wages and a monthly fee for the next 6 months, but if he is any good, I'll be able to snap him up for a bargain fee of £10 million which has already been agreed with City!

View attachment 27335

View attachment 27334

Wilfred Ndidi's move to Manchester City was far and away the biggest transfer of the January window, whilst they also shelled out for Francisco Ortega as well, taking their spend on just 2 players over £150 million!!

View attachment 27333

January Review; At the end of last month I said that January would seperate the men from the boys with our difficult fixture list! Well, after beating both Arsenal and Spurs, whilst giving a good account of ourselves against Liverpool as well, I'd say we proved that we are full grown men with pretty big dicks! Despite picking up 12 from an available 15 points though, we remain 5th as all the clubs above us also had good runs of form this month, although we are making a ****** good go of making the top 4 and qualifying for Europe's elite competition again!

View attachment 27332

View attachment 27331

Player of the Month
Moise Kean

View attachment 27330

Our talented Italian was in great form this month, contributing 4 goals and 3 assists and scoring two match ratings over 9.0 as well! He's fast becoming one of my favourite players at the club and I was pleased nobody came in with any bids for him in January!

February; Immediately, the fixtures that stand out next month are our Europa League games against CSKA Moscow as we look to go deep into the competition we won two years ago! Our most difficult league game will certainly be away at league leaders, Manchester United, but at least we follow that up with a home game against bottom of the table, Crystal Palace who find themselves still on single digit points!

View attachment 27329

February 2022

February 2022; Onwards And Upwards In The Cups

My Italian trio filled all 3 places in the Premier League Young Player of the Month award for January, with Sandro Tonali coming out on top!

View attachment 27296

Saturday 5th February 2022
English Premier League
Newcastle (Home)

View attachment 27295

We kicked off February with a solid home performance and a good win against Newcastle! Dolberg was introduced for his debut, just so the fans could get a look at him in the final minutes and very nearly scored in injury time, seeing a good long range effort just fizz past the post!

Emanuel Vignato is having a good first season for us, but will now miss the next 5-6 weeks with injury!

View attachment 27294

Thursday 10th February 2022
Europa League First Knockout Round (1st Leg)
CSKA Moscow (Away)

View attachment 27293

The question going into this game, was were we up for a very cold night in Russia against a hostile Russian crowd! The answer was a resounding yes!! I'd have happily taken a draw with an away goal here, but instead we return to England with a couple of away goals and a win which puts us in prime position to qualify!

Jean Michael Seri and Steve Cook will both miss the next 3 weeks with injury!

View attachment 27292

View attachment 27291

Monday 14th February 2022
FA Cup 5th Round
Wigan (Away)

View attachment 27290

This wasn't as comfortable as I'd have liked but we're through and that's the main thing!

We'll take on Chelsea in the quarter final of the FA Cup. With the home draw, we have a chance of making it through! However, I have 3 wins over Chelsea in 11 meetings and they have all come at Stamford Bridge so maybe an away tie would have been more favourable?!

View attachment 27289

Thursday 17th February 2022
Europa League First Knockout Round (2nd Leg)
CSKA Moscow (Home)

View attachment 27288

With a 2-0 lead from the 1st leg, my main goal was to keep things tight at the back and we did exactly that! It's good that we went on to win the 2nd leg as well, but the clean sheet was of most importance today and I'm pleased the lads delivered what was asked of them!

We will play RB Leipzig in the 2nd knockout round of the Europa League next month, but the tie of the round is Arsenal vs Atletico Madrid without a doubt!

View attachment 27287

We have history with RB Leipzig as we knocked them out of this competition at the semi final stage 2 years ago...

View attachment 27286

Liverpool lift the Carabao Cup for the 2nd time in 3 years after beating Manchester United in the final 3-2! The plus side for us is that this game only gives United a 3 day break before they take us on in the league!

View attachment 27285

Wednesday 23rd February 2022
English Premier League
Manchester United (Away)

View attachment 27284

******* Man Utd and their ******* late goals! Bastards! The Red Devils have beaten my Bournemouth side 6 times in 8 meetings now...3 of those wins have come with a winning goal in the final 5 minutes of the game!!

Saturday 26th February 2022
English Premier League
Crystal Palace (Home)

View attachment 27283

We gave the league's whipping boys a good whipping as we smashed 4 past them. It didn't all go our way in the opening half hour though and Palace took a shock lead through Danny Ings and I could see the nervous looks on our supporters at the prospect of an embarassing defeat. But the lads rallied round well and secured a comfortably victory in the end. Alex Pritchard turned in a man of the match performance as was extremely impressive!

February Review; The defeat against Man Utd was the only blip on an otherwise perfect month! 12 goals scored and only 4 conceded, whilst we kept 3 clean sheets as well! We remain outside the top 4 despite our good form, but with a game in hand we can move up into the Champions League qualification places with a win. At the top of the table, Manchester United look like they'll be tough to catch now, whilst Palace will most likely be confirmed as relegated within the next couple of games.

View attachment 27282

View attachment 27281

Player of the Month
Arkadiusz Milik

View attachment 27280

Our Polish striker is hitting good form again and bagged himself 5 goals in 5 games this month, as well as an assist in the Palace game as well. Incredibly, he now has 15 goals in the Europa League this season, from 14 appearances of which 10 were starts.

March; The league provides three of our six fixtures next month, with the games against West Brom and Burnley marked as must wins if we are to keep up our challenge on the top 4. The game against Everton won't be easy, especially with them also fighting to break into the top 4 this year...if we can get a draw up there I'll be happy! We'll look to overcome Leipzig to progress in the Europa League, whilst Chelsea stand in our way of another trip to Wembley to play in the semi final of the FA Cup.

View attachment 27279

March 2022

March 2022; No European Trophy This Year, But Domestic Silverware Still A Possibility
[FONT=&quot]
Nathan Ake will likely miss both legs of our Europa League tie against Leipzig after picking up an injury in training.

[/FONT]
View attachment 27257

Thursday 3rd March 2022
Europa League Second Knockout Round (1st Leg)
RB Leipzig (Away)

View attachment 27256

Dear oh dear...we got a ****** good hiding out in Germany and have given ourselves a really tough task to qualify for the next round now! Quintero's late free kick was the only positive to take from the game for us and hopefully it can bare significance in the second leg, but we will still need a minimum of a 3-0 win to progress in the competition!

As if our task wasn't hard enough, we'll have no Quintero or Kean for the 2nd leg as they're both suspended!

View attachment 27255

OK, so this year's youth intake isn't as bad as the previous few seasons since I've been here, but it could still get a lot better and hopefully the continued investment I have the board putting into the youth facilities will help!

View attachment 27254

At least we have taken on a couple of players with potential 4 star ability. They are 15 year olds, Dan Sims and Jack Martin.

View attachment 27253

View attachment 27252

Sunday 6th March 2022
English Premier League
West Brom (Away)

View attachment 27251

When you've just been beat 4-1, what's the best way to recover and get back on track...come back and win your next game 6-1!! Looks like Kasper Dolberg wants me to sign him I reckon...a quality hat trick here showed just what he's capable of and why he could be a steal at £10 million at the end of the season!

Mohamed Elneny will miss about a month through injury!

View attachment 27250

The upcoming match against RB Leipzig will mark my 200th in charge of The Cherries!

View attachment 27249

Thursday 10th March 2022
Europa League Second Knockout Round (2nd Leg)
RB Leipzig (Home)

View attachment 27248

Before the game started, I really felt we had what it took to get the 3-0 result and overturn the first leg deficite, so I'm quite disappointed that my lads didn't seem to have that same level of confidence as me. They looked like they were fighting a losing battle from the start and eventually laboured to a disappointing draw and we crash out of the competition!

Sunday 13th March 2022
FA Cup 6th Round
Chelsea (Home)

View attachment 27247

A solid first half performance was enough to see us through to the semi final here. We went a little off the boil in the 2nd half and nearly let Chelsea back in the game after they ramped up the pressure once they'd scored. But in the end, we held on and got the job done to progress in the competition!

We play Spurs in the semi final of the FA Cup. The other semi will be a Manchester derby between United and City!

View attachment 27246

Saturday 26th March 2022
English Premier League
Everton (Away)

View attachment 27245

This was a big game for both clubs as we are both trying to mount a challenge on the top 4 and qualify for the Champions League! Everton had already beaten us at our place earlier in the season, but we managed to return the favour here with a narrow win...but possibly one of our most important wins all season!

Tuesday 29th March 2022
English Premier League
Burnley (Away)

View attachment 27244

We left it late but a couple of goals in the last 10 minutes got us over the line against Burnley! Kasper Dolberg banged in two more to again strengthen his chances of me making his move permanent at the end of the season!

March Review; Although we had to suffer the disappointment of going out of the Europa League, following what can only be described as a freak result out in Germany, we did progress to the semis of the FA Cup and continue to go well in the Premier League! We are back in the top 4 again and starting to pull away from Chelsea in 5th too. We have a 5 point lead over them and a game in hand too! As well as that, we also have two games in hand over Manchester City in 3rd and if we win both of those, we will go above them and be only 3 points behind Liverpool too! As far as the title is concerned, it looks like it will be between Man Utd and Liverpool for that honour! At the bottom end, Palace were relegated this month, whilst Blackburn and Leicester look favourites to join them!

View attachment 27243

View attachment 27242

Player of the Month
Kasper Dolberg

View attachment 27241

There were a few players who had one or two very good games this month, but I have to give it to loanee, Kasper Dolberg who's goals gave us big wins against West Brom and Burnley, both of whom could have been potential banana skins for us!

April; We will play six of our last seven league games next month and with most of the 'big' sides now out of the way, it looks like a favourable round of games where we could mount a very strong finish to the season! Before all that though, we'll enjoy our day out at Wembley where we take on Spurs in the semi final of the FA Cup.

View attachment 27240

Unlucky in Europe would think Leipzig have to be one of the tougher teams you could have gotten. Dolberg looks like he could be a steal for just £10 million

April 2022

ninjaskill - "He really does and I reckon Manchester City will be gutted to have agreed such a low transfer fee clause for him"

April 2022; Top 4?? Nah Mate, We're a Top 3 Club Now!!

Kasper Dolberg takes the Player of the Month award for March, whilst Sandro Tonali wins his 3rd Young Player of the Month award of the season!

View attachment 27195

View attachment 27194

It's a clean sweep on the awards front as I lift the Manager of the Month for March as well!

View attachment 27192

Saturday 2nd April 2022
FA Cup Semi Final
Tottenham (Wembley)

View attachment 27191

So there will be no domestic trophy this season as Spurs knock us out of the FA Cup on the dreaded penalties. They were the better side during the 120 minutes, so I can't have too many complaints, and each of their 5 penalties was inch perfect, leaving Raya no chance of saving any of them!

Tuesday 5th April 2022
English Premier League
Wolves (Home)

View attachment 27190

With only 5 seconds remaining on the clock, a wonder goal from Morgan Gibbs-White earns Wolves a draw and this is a disappointing result for us at home!

Although we have no real chance of winning the league this year, who'd have thought we'd even be making these news articles in such a short space of time?!

View attachment 27189

Saturday 9th April 2022
English Premier League
Leicester City (Away)

View attachment 27188

We never looked like losing this game, but we still only just won it! A first half strike from Moise Kean was enough to come home with all 3 points!

Tuesday 12th April 2022
English Premier League
Brighton (Home)

View attachment 27187

We were absolutely brilliant in the first half here and had 12 of our 15 shots in the first 45 minutes, taking a 2-0 lead by the break! We completely went to sleep in the 2nd half and Brighton looked like they could get back into it...and they were on 77 minutes when Jeff Hendricks found the back of the net! However, we held on to get the result and take another huge step towards Champions League qualification!

The two Manchester clubs led the way this year in profit made! We made an overall loss of £26 million this past year, but Champions League football next year could easily see us make money rather than lose it next year!

View attachment 27186

Sunday 17th April 2022
English Premier League
Watford (Home)

View attachment 27185

Juan Fernando Quintero was sensational here and won us another 3 points as we extended our unbeaten league run to 8 games (7 wins)!

After a man of the match performance against Watford, Quintero probably won't play again this season after picking up an injury during the game!

View attachment 27184

The win against Watford also confirms our qualification for the Champions League next season! What an achievement!! Bet the board are glad they didn't sack me last Summer now!!

View attachment 27183

With Champions League football assured next season, the board release the budgets for next year! I'll have my biggest budget yet of £64 million to play with!

View attachment 27182

Manchester United are confirmed as Premier League champions with 2 matches remaining!

View attachment 27181

Saturday 23rd April 2022
English Premier League
Blackburn (Away)

View attachment 27180

Blackburn came into this one fighting for their Premier League survival, knowing that anything other than a win would see them relegated! Despite that, they offered very little and we should have won by more than the 1-0 scoreline!

Saturday 30th April 2022
English Premier League
West Ham (Home)

View attachment 27179

Another goal for Kasper Dolberg pretty much convinces me he'll be worth signing at the end of the season! That win makes it 5 on the bounce in the Premier League!

April Review; At the end of last month, I said that the fixture list looked favourable, and we made the most of that with 5 wins and a draw in the league this month! What does that mean....it only means we've gone and finished in the top 4 and qualified for next season's Champions League! Get ******* in!! Not only that, but with the league table as it stands, we are actually guaranteed to finish 3rd this year! Manchester United were crowned champions, whilst Blackburn's relegation was also confirmed this month alongside Palace! The final game of the season will decide if it is Leicester or West Brom that go down with them!

View attachment 27178

View attachment 27177

Player of the Month
Harry Maguire

View attachment 27176

Although he didn't have one outstanding performance this month, I've given the award to Maguire for his ultra consistency as he didn't have a bad game and played every minute of every match in a busy April schedule!

May; The only order of business next month is to finish the league campaign with our final game against Manchester City! The game means very little to either club with both of us already guaranteed 3rd and 4th place finishes no matter the result!

View attachment 27175

May 2022

May 2022; One More Win & End Of Season

Sunday 8th May 2022

English Premier League
Manchester City (Away)

View attachment 27170

Despite being second best for large parts of this game, we came out on top! We haven't won many games this season that we didn't deserve to, but this was definitely one of them! With rumours that Callum Wilson is becoming disgruntled with his lack of football in the second half of the season, it was nice to see him get on the scoresheet here, with the question on everyone's lips being 'will it be his last game for the club?'

The final league table shows us finishing in the 3rd place that we knew we would before the City game! Leicester were relegated on the final day of the season, and there will be no European football of any form next season for Arsenal! With us creeping into the top 4, Chelsea will have to settle for Europa League next year! Talking of Europa League, there is still a chance for Tottenham to make the Champions League next season as they have the Europa League final stil to play against AC Milan!

View attachment 27169

The overall best 11 sees Josh Tymon move into the left back spot ahead of Charlie Daniels. Harry Maguire also takes a place alongside him, as Steve Cook loses his spot!

View attachment 27168

There were a number of players I thought could have got fan's player of the year on awards night and Moise Kean was one of them, so it wasn't a surprise to see him win it! What was a surprise was that Will Weatherstone took the signing of the season award...personally I'd have given it to Quintero or Vignato!

View attachment 27167

Although there was no silverware this season, the general consensus is that it was a great season! Making the top 4 is huge for us, and we met all expectations in every cup we played as well!

View attachment 27166

Bit of a contrast to last season when the board were threatening me with the sack...this year they are well chuffed!

View attachment 27165

Looking over the squad stats for the past season, the thing that stands out is the quality of average ratings amongst the whole team with majority of the players recording above 7.0! David Raya made 46 appearances in goal and equalled Asmir Begovic's record of 20 clean sheets this season, and Joel Pereira also got 16 games which ain't bad for a backup keeper! Boubacar Kamara really came through this season and made more appearances than Harry Maguire and Nathan Ake at centre back, recording a better average rating than both of them too! Up front, Arkadiusz Milik was again the main man this year and scored a massive 31 goals across all competitions, whilst Moise Kean also chipped in with 22 of his own as he had his best season with us so far! New signings, Juan Fernando Quintero and Emanuel Vignato both hit double figures on the assists chart, although there was plenty of creativity across the entire squad!

View attachment 27164

Manager's Player of the Season
Juan Fernando Quintero

View attachment 27163

My new man who was brought in to be the heart of the attack, playing the advanced playmaker role in my new formation, did a wonderful job in his first season! 7 goals and 15 assists in your first ever season in England is impressive and what's even better is that he didn't cost me a penny!

Only Juan Mata (Leicester) and Jack Wilshire (West Ham) played more key passes than Quintero this season, although they both played more games than him!

View attachment 27162

Just under £36 million banked for our 3rd place finish in the league this year!

View attachment 27161

Manchester United completed a domestic double after beating Spurs in the final of the FA Cup! Moise Kean finished as top scorer in the competition with 5 goals.

View attachment 27160

Our achievement in finishing 3rd looks even bigger when you consider that the rest of the top 5 were all among the highest net transfer spend this season! We were much higher up the ladder with a net spend of £20 million!

View attachment 27159

The commercial summary is mostly good. Sponsorship continues to rise as we raise the profile of the club again this year! I expected to see a decrease in prize money as we had Champions League football last season!

View attachment 27158

Tottenham will play in the Champions League next year after beating AC Milan in the final of the Europa League. Arkadiusz Milik finished top scorer in the competition with 16 goals! Adam Smith also recorded the highest amount of assists and highest average rating!

View attachment 27157

Adam Smith's 13 assists in the Europa League was a new record!

View attachment 27156

David Raya and Arkadiusz Milik made the Europa League Team of the Season!

View attachment 27155

Any word on getting a new stadium built to increase capacity yet?