Igneos79

Banned
Reaction score
I wont lie to you, I've been heavilly influenced by Barcelona's style of play, and the following is how I would set up their tactic in FM2013. I have played the tactic with Everton, against both weaker and stronger teams, and both pressing, possesion based nad counter attacking style opponents. It holds it's weight against everything.

The formation is 4-5-1.

Now, For the team instructions, they are as follows:

Fluid philosophy - allows for attacking part of team to interchange positions, while defence remains unaffected by this.
Attack strategy - keeping the opponent in their half was one of the objectives, also allows for wing backs to stay with automatic duties, as the attack strategy changes their settings as I want them.
Short passing - as expected in a possession based tactic
More disciplined creative freedom - makes sure players follow orders
More pressing - obvious choice
More agressive tackling - meaning more possession. My team usually does tackling superbly, so the red cards are reallyl rare.
Default Marking - this actually sets the cb's and dmc with man marking, as needed for offside trap and their roles, and others at zonal - perfect
Drill crosses - obvious choice with playing only oen striker.
Stick to position - even if you set more roaming here, the creator will not allow for roaming, as the roles used and not supposed to roam.

Player roles and duties:

First and obvious choice for making a Barcelona look alike tactic, would be to chose roles and duties that for example dont do longshots. 2nd requirement would be to pick roles that are actually required for 4-5-1 formation. Third rule would be they all do as short as passing as possible. I' ve been googling, and set a defensive forward with support duty as a striker. The striker in 4-5-1 must hold up the ball, must have strength to fend off defenders, and must have pace to run onto balls from midfield, so this rule fits everything. My stirker is Jelavic, and it is often he does hat tricks with this tactic. The midfield is combined of deep lying playmakers and advanced playmakers that have two duties: one is to supply balls to forward, 2nd is to defend. They are playmakers, with support and defend duties, so they will create triangles and open themselves up to receive the ball. I beleive Barcelonas players in this position have equall (4) amount of ability stars for both roles and duties, so that fits. The Wingers are advanced plamakers, as required for a short passing game, and they also cut inside by default, as required for 4-5-1 formation. Then we have 2 wing backs with automatic duty, 2 central defenders with defend duty, and a sweeper keeper. The wing backs are actually on attack with this strategy, and that sets them up as required, and they are also just what Barca has. The central defenders are there to implement offside trap and keep possesion, and they are the best choice IMHO. Sweeper keeper is required for a high defensive line.

Shouts used:

So to make the game more similar to Barca's, I have used the pushed higher up, get stuck in, retain possesion, play out of defence, play through defence, pass into space, and take a breather shouts. I have also taken the liberty to implement all of these shouts into my tactic, and mark the checkboxes, so you dont have to do anything but enjoy the great football.

Here's the link:

911.tac

Igneos

what results have you had with this? How many goals do you concede?

none needed, but I will post my results after I finish the season

Pictures are generally used a lot when people post formations, league position to show how many goals scored, conceded, win/loss/draw ratio, a selection of matches, player stats...

From what i can tell you haven't actually said a lot of how your formation works, unless I've read it wrong you've just put the player roles/duties and the overall team setting.

no there is no need for shouts whatsoever, just sit back and watch

Shouts used:

So to make the game more similar to Barca's, I have used the pushed higher up, get stuck in, retain possesion, play out of defence, play through defence, pass into space, and take a breather shouts. I have also taken the liberty to implement all of these shouts into my tactic, and mark the checkboxes, so you dont have to do anything but enjoy the great football.

So you use them or not? Reads a little confusing to me

Igneos

what results have you had with this? How many goals do you concede?

Depends on injuries and player motivation. If my team is the strongest one and they are not uninterested and or complacent, none....Possession over 60% even in away matches

Pictures are generally used a lot when people post formations, league position to show how many goals scored, conceded, win/loss/draw ratio, a selection of matches, player stats...

From what i can tell you haven't actually said a lot of how your formation works, unless I've read it wrong you've just put the player roles/duties and the overall team setting.

The formation is 4-5-1, so I guess 99% of people actually know what it looks like. Everything is explained if you are a carefull reader. It's a barca astyle tactic, that means keeping the ball until you lose it, and then high pressing to win it back. Goals are scored through movement of players into dangerous postions, like Barca plays. Playing through defence, not dribbling/runing at defence. Possession stylee of football. I'm sorry, but I thought that was clear.

Shouts used:

So you use them or not? Reads a little confusing to me

Shouts change tactic preferences. For example, when you use play through defence shout, it actually just lowers the run with ball setting to players. So I have implemented all of the shouts required and marked the checkboxes next to everything that was changed by using shouts. So you actually dont have to do anything. I thought that was a smart thing to do, as it gets tiriing clicking the shouts at every match, especially if you play lots of matches one after another.

The formation is 4-5-1, so I guess 99% of people actually know what it looks like. Everything is explained if you are a carefull reader. It's a barca astyle tactic, that means keeping the ball until you lose it, and then high pressing to win it back. Goals are scored through movement of players into dangerous postions, like Barca plays. Playing through defence, not dribbling/runing at defence. Possession stylee of football. I'm sorry, but I thought that was clear.

I wasn't having a go at you, its just when you read it, its more what role you've set up rather than how it actually plays. No one has a Barcelona formation that plays out exactly the same on here, that's why I said you've mentioned the duties more than anything. Even here you're just saying it plays like a Barca style, you're just not giving people a lot of information on it.

Also how does your defensive forward work out for you? I've never heard of anyone using one in this, I've just played my striker as either advanced forward, complete forward or a trequartista

Igneos79 - I would like to know of the success you have had using this tactic, and what team you used???

I wasn't having a go at you, its just when you read it, its more what role you've set up rather than how it actually plays. No one has a Barcelona formation that plays out exactly the same on here, that's why I said you've mentioned the duties more than anything. Even here you're just saying it plays like a Barca style, you're just not giving people a lot of information on it.

Also how does your defensive forward work out for you? I've never heard of anyone using one in this, I've just played my striker as either advanced forward, complete forward or a trequartista

The striker in 4-5-1 must have first touch, pace and strength, and must hold up the ball for others, and preferably play short passing with no long shots....check the requirements and settings of all roles the game offers, and you will see only defensive forward support fits

Igneos79 - I would like to know of the success you have had using this tactic, and what team you used???

I havent finished the season yet, although currently ranking 1st in BPL with Everton

The striker in 4-5-1 must have first touch, pace and strength, and must hold up the ball for others, and preferably play short passing with no long shots....check the requirements and settings of all roles the game offers, and you will see only defensive forward support fits

You can set any striker to have short passing, rarely take long shots and have a lot of pace and strength. You didn't answer my question in any sense of the word, you just listed a few attributes and then how you can set him up.

How does YOUR defensive forward work for YOU? What kind of stats is he producing in terms of goals or assists?

I havent finished the season yet, although currently ranking 1st in BPL with Everton

How have you done in the cups? Best results of the season so far? Sorry mate I've said it a few times but you haven't given a lot of information on this tactic at all so far, its quite odd. All you've really done is say how you set your team up, I'd say have a lot at some of the other threads that people have set up talking about their tactics

Saying its 4-5-1 and we should know what this looks like means nothing. Barca are famed for playing a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 so I don't know what 4-5-1 would look like, my only guess is the usual triangle of midfielders and 2 wingers/1 striker but that is a 4-3-3 formation really, or at least it should be if this is a Barca tactic.

Saying its 4-5-1 and we should know what this looks like means nothing. Barca are famed for playing a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 so I don't know what 4-5-1 would look like, my only guess is the usual triangle of midfielders and 2 wingers/1 striker but that is a 4-3-3 formation really, or at least it should be if this is a Barca tactic.

It's just bizarre because despite being asked they've sidestepped questions on the formation, how it plays or how the players are doing, and seem to have deliberately given as little information as they could get away with.

There's a slim chance this could be the best 4-5-1/4-3-3 that's been created but the lack of info on it means there isn't many people who I'd say would be willing to give it a try