williams_lfc

Reaction score
Just thought I would post up a quick summary of what I have (and havent acheived) at Liverpool so far. I am 7 league games away from finishing my second season.

2010/2011

Ended up finishing 3rd in the league. Arsenal came second and Chelsea won the league with 91 points. I finished as highest scorers and in the league Gerrard claimed the golden boot with 29 league goals. Kuyt managed an impressive 21 from the wing and Torres scored 20 in just 24 appearances, he had a lenghtly lay off at Christmas which coincided with me going 6 games without a win and effectively losing the title.

I didnt have much luck in the cups. 4th round of the league cup, 6th round of the FA Cup and semi's of the europa league.

At the start I managed to bring in Fabio Coentreao (sp?), Stephen Defour, Romelu Lukaku, Andy Carrol and Kevin.

No players left the club despite Poulsen, Jovanovic and Itandje all being listed.

Not a bad season in all and the board offered me a new 4 year deal at the end of it which u duly accepted.

2011/2012

Know I had the champions league to play in this season I stregthened the squad with the following signings Fernando Llorente, Ibrahim Affelay (free), Charles N'Zogbia, Ryan Shawcross and Connor Wickham (one for the future).

Going to 2 up top with Torres and Llorente really bought the best out of Torres he started the league campaign with 11 goals in 9 games but then done his anterior cruciate knee ligament which has kept him out all season!

I am currently 2nd in the league, 1 point behind Arsenal and 6 clear of Chelsea. After Llorente scored his first goal (after 10 games!!!) he has now managed 17 in 28. I dont think I'll win the league as my form has gone slightly sketchy for some reason and struggling to score and conceeding cheap goals.

I am out of the FA Cup but have already won the league cup (played the likes of Kevin, Suso, Pacheco) and have a quarter final champions league tie against Fenerbache.

Also during the January transfer window I managed to pick up Gareth Bale for a £15m deal!

My current first team squad looks like this:

Goalkeepers
Reina
Jones
Gulasci (out on loan)

Defenders
Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Coentreao
Carragher
Shawcross
Wilson
Insua
Aurelio
Kelly

Midfield
Kuyt
Gerrard
Lucas
Bale
Affelay
Miereles
Defour
N'Zogbia
Cole
Kevin
Shelvey
Spearing

Forwards
Torres
Llorente
Lukaku
Carrol
Babel
Wickham

If anyone has any suggestions regarding squad etc then please feel free

Thanks

can you pop up some screen shots of tactics and star players!!

what positions do you want to strengthen?

Good looking squad and a good first season.
I've wondered for a while so don't kill me, but what is '(sp)'?

Will do when I get home. Is it Ctrl+PrtScn to take a screen shot and then paste into paint?

I think come the end of the season I will be looking to trim the first team squad down as too many players considering the 25 man rule etc. What players would people suggesting getting rid of?

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Good looking squad and a good first season.
I've wondered for a while so don't kill me, but what is '(sp)'?

Spelling...as in unsure if I've spelt it correctly.

its the fn button and print screen...its next to ctrl!

i would sell

Carragher
Aurelio
Kelly
Kuyt
Carrol
Babel

get money for some younger players...you team is pretty good, so i would start buying 'wonderkids'

also try and focus on english talent...wilshere, bertrand, rodwell, ben amos has turned out alright on my game! PHIL JONES great player!

i would sell

Carragher
Aurelio
Kelly
Kuyt
Carrol
Babel

get money for some younger players...you team is pretty good, so i would start buying 'wonderkids'

also try and focus on english talent...wilshere, bertrand, rodwell, ben amos has turned out alright on my game! PHIL JONES great player!

My plan is to trim down the squad and then to start building for the future.

Definitely agree with looking to sell Aurelio and Babel. Do Kelly and Carrol not become good international players?

Unsure as wether to sell Kuyt or not. From the wing last season he netted 21 league goals and this season he has managed double figures again, but I suppose with having Bale, N'Zogbia and Affelay in the squad his days are numbered,

Definitely do not want to sell Carragher, he is Mr Liverpool and would like him to become a coach at the club once he's done playing.

i would keep kuyt then if hes playing well,

ye keep carragher for coach!

kelly doesnt turn out that good, nor does carrol but he is a SCOTTISH international on mine scored 2 goals in his first cap!

May sell Kuyt yet, will see how the remainder of the season turns out.

Does anybody know how good Bale, N'Zogbia or Affelay can get by any chance?

Winning the title is about keeping Torres fit. In the demo he was scoring at 1.5goals/game and getting injured every 4th game. In my first save incredibly he only missed 3 weeks and I won the league despite or quite possibly because Gerrard missed 8 months. Kuyt was brilliant as a terequista creating tons for Torres and Maxi. Kuyt always gets goals for me expect when I play him at Striker!

So finished my 2nd season and came a respectable 2nd place, had a 4 game streak in March where I couldnt pick up a win which basically handed the title to Arsenal. I managed to get to the semi finals of the Champions League but lost 2-1 at the San Siro against Inter Milan after a 0-0 draw at Anfield. I managed to get to the quarters of the FA Cup and was knocked out by Forest :( I managed to beat Wolves 1-0 in the league cup final to pick up my first peice of silverware as Liverpool manager.

With Torres ruled out for the season after just 9 games it was down to Llorente, Lukaku and Carrol to up their game and take their chances in the first team. Llorente finished with an impressive 24 goals in all competitions while Lukaku hit 13 and Carrol 9. Hopefully Torres can have an injury free (well more than 30 games) season and his goals can find us an extra 7/8 points to win the league.

During the close season I've had a bit of a clear out squad wise. I have sold the likes of Babel, Konchesky, Jovanovic, Poulsen, Aurelio, N'Gog, Brad Jones, Aquilani and Darby. Although not for much money on each player (think highest I got was £5m for Babel and Aquilani) the wage bill will be seriously reduced. I nearly offloaded Joe Cole back to Chelsea but he couldnt agree personal terms, would have like him gone as he is on £90k a week and only played 9 games last term.

I brought in 3 first team players, these were Luke Steele from Middlesbrough, Adam Johnson (bargain at £8m) from Man City, and Guilherme (pricy at £12) from Genoa. I then proceeded to invest in youth and brought in 2 16yo Italian defenders, 18yo midfielder from West Ham and a 16yo striker from Cardiff.

Have played 6 league games so far, winning 5 and drawing 1. In those 6 games I have beaten Spurs at The Lane 0-2 (opening day) and then beat Chelsea at the Bridge 0-3. Torres picked up yet another injury after the second game but was only out for 2 weeks.

Llorente has had an impressive start to the season scoring 4 league goals already. Torres, Guilherme, A Johnson and Gerrard all have 3 while Lukaku has 2.

My first choice XI when fit is:

P Reina
G Johnson
R Shawcross
D Agger
F Coentreao
A Johnson
S Gerrard
L Leiva
G Bale
F Llorente
F Torres

Will try and post some screen shots later.

good second season!!

post up your tactics and team list!

some good transfers, i managed to adam johnson for £5mil, he is awesome on right wing, cuts in and scores a few! your team looks pretty strong now! with torres fully fit you could win league next season! are you playing 4-4-2?

May sell Kuyt yet, will see how the remainder of the season turns out.

Does anybody know how good Bale, N'Zogbia or Affelay can get by any chance?

affellay turns out good, end of season 2 with liverpool he averaged over a goal a game from AMC!!!
get rid of babel, aurelio, kelly
kuyt was good for 1st season (about 15 goals from RW) but needs sellng before too long

good luck, keep posting your story

affellay turns out good, end of season 2 with liverpool he averaged over a goal a game from AMC!!!
get rid of babel, aurelio, kelly
kuyt was good for 1st season (about 15 goals from RW) but needs sellng before too long

good luck, keep posting your story

Aurelio retired end of second season and I sold Babel on for £5m

Also to note as well, during/after the 2012 European Championships I got offered the England, Ireland (Republic), Cameroon and Ghana jobs...turned them all down. Want to do my best with Liverpool before I leave, and I am sure/hope England job will come up again in the future...Roy Hodgson actually got the job in the end.

I play a 4-2-2-2 formation with 2 cm, ram, lam and 2 str

Johnson has made a cracking start to the season on the right wing, scored 3/4 goals and same with assists and picked up 3 MOMs already.

Will post up some screenies later.

i would sell

Carragher
Aurelio
Kelly
Kuyt
Carrol
Babel
!

Sell Aurielio and Babel, keep Carra he can just sit in your reserves and tutor people, he is very good to have around. Also Kuyt doesn't need to play much either but his work rate and stamina is also great to have and its not worth selling him for like 1 million. Send Kelly out on loan he might improve a lot. As for Carrol keep him as backup.

some screenies from my 2 seasons so far:

Liverpool squad:

LiverpoolLiverpool_Players.png

LiverpoolLiverpool_Players-2.png

Gerrard stats:

StevenGerrardHistory_CareerStats.png

Torres stats (or lack there of):

FernandoTorresHistory_CareerStats.png

Torres injuries (many of):

FernandoTorresHistory_Injuries.png

I have just started a Liverpool game, my transfer budget was £0 and there wasn't much room on the wage bill for many players, I did request money but unfortunately the board weren't able to give in to my demands. Seen as though you have not sold any players, you must be cheating. Correct?

unlucky about Torres...

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

I have just started a Liverpool game, my transfer budget was £0 and there wasn't much room on the wage bill for many players, I did request money but unfortunately the board weren't able to give in to my demands. Seen as though you have not sold any players, you must be cheating. Correct?

How was it £0? My QPR team had somewhere around £500k to start with oO)