unlucky about Torres...

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

How was it £0? My QPR team had somewhere around £500k to start with oO)

because when fm11 came out Liverpool had 300m worth of debt and nearly went into administration.. All fine now however ^^)

Just to post a small update, I am 3 games away from the end of my third season in charge. I am currently 1 point behind Arsenal and have Blackburn at home and have got to go to Old Trafford and Craven Cottage so I think the league might just be out of reach once again :(

I reached the quarter finals of the league cup and semi of the FA Cup where I was knocked out by Arsenal on both occasions. I reached the quarter finals of the Champions League but after a dissappointing 0-0 at home to Athletico, Aguero stole the show in Spain by banging in a hattrick to win the match 3-1 for Athletico.

In terms of players my top scorer(s) is Llorente/Guilherme who both have 18 in all competitions...not good enough really. Torres will once again play less than 18 league games for the club as he has been ruled out for the past 3 months and picked up a few minor injuries before that, if the right offer came in I would seriously consider selling him.

I have agreed a deal to bring in Edin Dzeko at the end of the season on a free transfer to bolster my attacking line up, this could see the end of Andy Carrol. Also with the club currently £50m in the red (will be up to about £20/30m once the end of season money comes in) I wont be looking to buy any players during the next window, although I feel my young squad is capable of improving and pushing on for the title again. The likes of Pacheco, Suso, Silva, Robinson, Wickham have all played a few games and impressed this season so the youth set up is there.

I feel this/next season could be Gerrards last as a regular starter as his stamina is a serious worry, he can start games with a condition of 100% and finish them with a condition of 70%...thing is though before every game, unless Torres is fit, the other manager always states that Gerrard must be stopped.

Also if Gerrard isnt going to be a regular then my new captain will be Shawcross. He has been immense this season, has become a key player for Liverpool and England and is deadly on set plays!

All thoughts welcome

How did you play Gerrard (and the rest of the team around him) to get the 29 league goals mate?

How did you play Gerrard (and the rest of the team around him) to get the 29 league goals mate?

During my first season I played a typical 4-2-3-1 with Gerrard just in the whole, he ran the show from there, Kuyt also had an exception first season as well (will post a screenie up later)

Also to note during my third season:

- Rafa got sacked as Inter manager. They approached me about the job offering a transfer budget of £40m. I turned them down, they were currently 9th in Serie A with a really depleted squad

- Depsite only playing in the league cup and 2 champions league games (group games after I secured qualification) Luke Steele has made 2 starts for England in goal!

- Mancini is now Arsenal manager after Wenger left for Athletico Madrid!

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:06 PM ----------

So third season was completed last night. I finished in second place and four points behind Arsenal. Fernando Llorente finished up as my top goal scorer with 18 in all competitions, Guilherme had 17 and Gerrard 12. Pepe Reina managed to keep 20 clean sheets in 38 premier league appearances.

All in all another satisfactory season that saw us pushing for the title up until the last couple of weeks. Once again though if I can have Torres fit just for one season I reckon we can bring the title home, over the last 2 seasons now he has only managed 16 premier league goals due to lack of playing time because of injuries!

So over the course of preseason I brought in Ediz Dzeko (free transfer) and young centreback Phil Jones from Blackburn for £6.5m (plus 10% future sale fee). I had another mini clear out at the club in a bid to reduce the crippling wage bill. Out went Charles N'Zogbia (by request), Emiliano Insua, Raul Miereles (by request), Joe Cole, Dirk Kuyt, Paul Konschesky and Jay Spearing. Due to the selling of many first team squad players I have promoted Jack Robinson and 17yo Italian Fullback (dubbed the next Zambrotta).

I had a very good preseason winning all my friendlies (although my assistant plays these matches) I played Arsenal in the Community Shield after they completed the league and fa cup double last season. We got off to a flyer and won the game comfortably 4-1 (bale, a johnson, defour and shawcross; nasri). Hopefully this is the start of things to come for the season ahead!

I am currently 8 games into the season now. We have won and drew 1, managed to score an impressive 23 goals while conceeding a mere 2! It hasnt been the toughest of runs though as I have only played Arsenal and Man City out of the tough teams and both of these were at home (1:1 draw with Arsenal and 3:1 win over City). Torres has manage stay injury free so far and has notched 7 goals in all comps (5 in the league) which is the same record as Dzeko (although he has 7 in 8 in the league!).

I lost Bale during the first game which made me realise that with the sales of Cole, N'Zogbia and Kuyt (also loaned out Toni Silva) I am light on the wings so have agreed a deal to bring in Jack Wilshere in January, feel he could be a bargain at just £5m!

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:41 PM ----------

Season 2013/14 (Mid Season Report)

So I am now halfway through my 4th season as Liverpool manager and so far it has been an absolute dream! We currently lead the EPL by an astonoshing 9 points and with a goal difference of over +40! In 19 league games we have only conceeded 11 goals. My record stands at played-19 won-16 drew-2 and lost-1 (to west ham of all teams!) Ediz Dzeko has been an outstanding buy and has notched 18 goals in all comps, which is the same amout as Torres!

I am through to the first knock out stages of the Champions League and have been drawn against Fenerbache so I would expect to make the quarter finals!

I am also into the semi finals of the league cup and have drew Wolves, should I beat them I will face either Everton or Man City in the final (both are bogey teams for me!)

Games against the big teams have gone superbly, I defeated Man U (at Old Trafford) 1:2 after a 90+ minute from Dzeko, I also beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 1:4, I have also beat both Spurs and Man City at Anfield. I only managed a draw against Arsenal though.

Providing I can keep Torres and Dzeko fit I reckon the league could be wrapped up with a fair few games to spare plus I have got Jack Wilshere at the club now, made his debut on the right wing against Notts Forest and managed to score and assist in a 1:3 away win!

keep updating! im starting a liverpool save, but with no money to start with im just going to try not get sacked first season!

Season 2013/2014 Review

So I finally managed to bring the EPL back home to Anfield after a really long wait! I ended up sealing the title after a home win over United (4:1) with 4 games still to play. I finished with over 90 points and 90 goals while conceeding less than 25 (Will post league screenie up later along with others).

As the season progressed Dzeko settled into English football superbly and finished with 24 league goals, him and Llorente ended up being my first choice pairing after Nando again got a few niggling injuries. This was definitely Gerrards last season as a regular starter but he can go out on a high after picking up the league as captain of Liverpool!

I managed to make the season a double after lifting the FA Cup after a 3:1 win over Man City in the final. I reached the semi finals of both the Champions League and League Cup.

At the end of the season it was the world cup, after which England manager Hodgson retired from football after a quarter final exit against the Italians. The FA approached me and after winning all domestic competitions with Liverpool I duly accepted and left my post as Liverpool manager (something I now slightly regret)....the new manager of Liverpool is...............Rafa Benitez!

After a top start to Euro qualifying it reached around Feb time and I was slightly bored (hence my regret to leave Liverpool post) however soon after I was approached by a struggling Roma side, sitting 9th in Serie A, I accepted a 4 year deal with the Rome club.

I played 16 games in total, we finished 6th in the league while also reaching the semi finals of both the Italian Cup and Europa League.

My plans are to hopefully try and turn Roma into a champions league challenging club over the next couple of seasons, the squad is pretty grim so have set myself the goal of 2 seasons providing the board dont get rid of me before then.

2014/2015 Season Start

So I was only given £12m to spend in the summer and after a few sales and releases I managed to get this up to £23m. I have raided my former club Liverpool for players mainly and from them I have signed Suso (£3m), Toni Silva (free) and Guilherme (£4m). I have also brought in the following players Joe Hart (free), Nemanja Vidic (free although he is now 33), Kim Kallstrom (£1m - again old) and Nicolas Bendtner (free) and Rafael (£7m). I unfortunately lost Daniel De Rossi as he wanted to play for a bigger club despite my pleas etc.

My starting XI when fit currently looks like this:

Gk: J Hart
Rb: Rafael
Cb: Sergio Ramos
Cb: P Mexes/N Vidic
Lb: M Torres
Dm: Sandro
Cm: Suso/Kallstrom
Ram: Willian
Lam: M Reus/T Silva
St: Guilherme
St: Bendtner

Had a very mixed start to the league so far, after 10 games we currently sit in 7th spot but only 5 points off leaders Inter. We have managed to win 5, draw 1 and lose 4. We arent conceeding too many goals but we are seriously struggling to score in the league.

Thought it would be unrealistic to do so....but then realised its rather boring!

Liverpool Season 2012/2013

So, I'm around 5 prem games into my third season as Liverpool manager, and I quite fancied letting everyone know how I'm doing.
First season we won the league (YES), by finishing 4 points ahead of Man Utd (Y). Didn't fair so well in the cups, knocked out in the quarters of the europa league and the early stages of both the FA cup and league cup. There was virtually nothing in terms of transfers the first season as I had to adjust the budgets to keep the board contempt with wages. I did however get a few hit and miss deals with Roberto Pires and Bruno coming in on free transfers (Bruno to act as cover at left back as for some silly reason Insua is out on loan).

Second season I had much more to play with, and so ended up spending around £54mil on some quality deals. After finally giving up on Aguero after having a £37.5mil bid rejected, I received an offer from Athletico for £22.5mil as he was unhappy and wanted to leave. Bargain! He has since gone on to score over 30 goals in all competitions since I signed him, not to mention the assists to Torres. Other big names include Ashley Cole (£4mil) , Alphonse Areola (£2.3 mil), Hatem ben Arfa (£2.6mil) and Patrick Viera (A superb signing for under a mil, consistently plays well for a couple of seasons then makes for a quality coach), amongst a host of other young players I was hoping to develop as replacements for the likes of Carra and Gerrard. Sent lots of players out on loan but still nothing for Jovanovic, Maxi or Poulsen!
This season ended up finishing 2nd by 3 points in the league, final game of the season against the top team Man Utd because it kept being postponed due to clashes, had to win to win the league but ended up losing 2-1, Gerrard got sent off and gave away a pen and that was that. But, we did win the Champions league, rather boring final against Barcelona that finished 1-1 after et, but thrashed them on pens with Reina coming out a hero. Thrilling semi against Arsenal too. Again didn't do so well in the domestic cups, going out in the early stages.

Start of this season Capello retires, and the FA want me! So I'm currently managing England and Liverpool, first few England WC Qualifiers we beat Scotland 3-0 at Wembley and Isreal 3-1 away.

Also made a few more signings, the best so far being an unhappy Balotelli from Man City for £10.25mil, who has so far gone on to score 6 in 10 appearances, not bad considering most were from the wing. Also brought in Ledley King for £10mil, abit of a risk here but I needed more leadership that I wasn't getting from Skrtel who was getting very prone to mistakes. King hasn't got a solid first team place yet, as I'm trying to nurse him back to full fitness in the reserves and sub appearances in the last 30 mins of games. Found a class act called Lodeiro on a free, good central midfielder for the future, and also Borriello from AC on a free, has really good stats but is getting old and so far has been abit of a flop. Also got Ian Savage from Ipswich, and Richard West from Middlesbrough, two for the future. Finally managed to get rid of Jovanovic and Poulsen both for £1mil, Kuyt for £1.7mil, Maxi for £2mil and Mereiles for £4.4mil.
So far so good, won both my champions league group games and top of the league with 19 points after 7 games.

From my experience, I would recommend holding on to Babel, because for me he has been my best winger for the past two seasons, scoring some really classy goals and creating countless chances. Also one to watch.. Danny Wilson, he has turned into a fantastic all round defender, and still only 22!

Am thinking this is definitely (unfortunately) Gerrard's last season as a regular starter, and I'm looking at selling Joe Cole at the end of the season.

I'll attatch some screenshots in a post after this.. Let me know what you think! :)

Below are my transfers from the two interesting seasons, my best first 11, and a few of my best young players.

You carreer is pretty solid, but I'd change just the fact that you use too many players in your squad. Dunno if you can manage to keep'em all happy, but it tickles me when I see a team with more the 22 players. roflol

You carreer is pretty solid, but I'd change just the fact that you use too many players in your squad. Dunno if you can manage to keep'em all happy, but it tickles me when I see a team with more the 22 players. roflol

Yeahh I always like to have lots of depth in my squad, can be a problem to keep players happy if they're in their peak age eg between 24 and 30, but if its all youngsters or older players like Carra then they can put up with the odd league cup game or covering for the first choice in their position.

My second season started off poorly as Torres got injured pre-season, came back for the internationals and got injured again. Didn't get back into the squad until after Christmas :mad:

Luckily I had Dzeko to fill his boots and he played wonderfully.

Just started a career with Liverpool and i have been playing Babel on the left and Jovanovic on the right sometimes and make them an inside forward and it seems to work as they pick up lots of goals between them.