parkin90

Reaction score
Join me as i manage Lyon to try and make them one of the worlds greatest ever clubs.

A Brief Background:
Lyon are already a massive club in france, winning the Ligue 1 seven times in the last eight seasons. However they finished 3rd last season, finishing 7 points behind winners Bordeaux and 6 points behind runners up Marseille. Lyon have never won the Champions League, reaching the quarter-finals being the furthest they reached.

30.06.2010: In a shock announcement today, Lyon boss Claude Puel has left the club by mutual consent and has been replaced by rookie english manager Robert Parkin. The club stated that finishing 3rd was not good enough for a team of Lyons quality and have said they believe, although inexperienced, that Parkin can take Lyon back to the top.
The Lyon board have backed Parkin with an £8 million transfer budget.

Key Players:

Lisandro Lopez
picture.php

The powerful striker will be the teams main hope for goals.

Kim Kallstrom
picture.php

The Playmaker. He will look to fashion chances for others and also chip in with goals himself.

Hugo Lloris
picture.php

Altough only 22, Hugo is renowed as a brilliant keeper who can only get better

Transfers in:
Javier Garrido - On loan from Man City
Diego Buonanotte - 2.2mil from River
Andre-Pierre Gignac - 10.75mil from Toulousse (4.75 up front, 2 over one year & 4 after 40 league goals)
picture.php

After a lot of haggling, Parkin made his first 'big' signing after completing the signing of french striker Gignac. At just 24 years old and scoring 24 in 38 league games last season, he has the best years ahead of him and Parkin hopes he can make an immediate impact.

Pre-season results:
Ayr 0 - 4 Lyon - Lopez, Tafer (2), Bodmer
Airdrie Utd 1 - 4 Lyon - Lacazette, Bastos (2), Yattara
Motherwell 0 - 1 Lyon - Lopez
Lyon - 4 - 1 Anderlecht - Bastos, Tafer, Lacazette (2. Also missed pen)
Giurare Yokohama 1 - 5 Lyon - Gomis (2), Bastos, Tafer, Kallstrom

After some convincing results by Lyon in pre-season, scoring 18 and conceding 4 in 5 games, Parkins boys got some much needed match fitness and morale from winning. However in the Motherwell match, disaster struck as Lisandro Lopez twisted his ankle ruling him out for 3-4 weeks. Parkin has said he will definitely miss the first game of the season against Le Mans UC 72.

August update will be on the way soon with Ligue 1 games & transfers roundup. I will include more detail in matches too.

Last edited:
This should be good. I will be following now and again.

was it last night inspire you in being Lyon after beating real Madrid

was it last night inspire you in being Lyon after beating real Madrid

ha yeah mate it was. i was thinkin of a foregin team to do a story with and after last night i thought lyon are the team

Enjoyed the game last night and I will follow this.
Good luck.
Tafer and Pjanic turn out insanely good in 2-3 years.

August Update

After a long preseason Lyon finally get this new season underway in Ligue 1 where they are looking to win the league for the 1st time under new manager Robert Parkin.

Board Room Expectations:
Champions League - First Knockout Round
Ligue 1 - Title Challenger
French Cup - Winners
Copue de la Ligue - Evaluate based on other performances

Transfers

In:
Javier Garrido - On loan from Man City
Garrido brings vital experience and backup to a leftback slot which only boasts only senior player.

Diego Buonanotte - £2,200,000 from River
The exciting 22 year old attacking midfielder brings some extra flair to the Lyon team and with a relatively small price tag, there is no pressure for him to perform straight away.

Andre-Pierre Gignac - £10,750,000 from Toulousse (4.75 up front, 2 over one year & 4 after 40 league goals)
picture.php

After a lot of haggling, Parkin made his first 'big' signing after completing the signing of french striker Gignac. At just 24 years old and scoring 24 in 38 league games last season, he has the best years ahead of him and Parkin hopes he can make an immediate impact.

Kiko Femenia - £55,000 from Hercules
At just 18 years of age, Parkin has snapped up this Rb/Rm who looks a player with huge potential for a tiny fee of just £55k. Parkin has said he looks to turn him into a future star.

Out:
Lamine Gassama - Cagliari - £450,000 (Loan fee)
Clement Grenier - Hoffenheim - £400,000 (Loan fee)
Nicolas Seguin - Le Mans UC 72 - £300,000 (Loan fee)
Anthony Lopes - AS Nancy Lorraine - £110,000
Yoann Court - Hoffenheim - £300,000

Ligue 1 Fixtures

8.08.2010 - Le Mans UC 72 0 - 0 Lyon

In a fairly poor game to start Parkins campaign, Lyon were held to a 0-0 draw. Lyons finishing being poor throughout with just 3 shots on target out of a total of 13.
Anthony Le Tallec missed a penalty on the 81st minute for Le Mans, which would have surely sealed them a precious victory.
M.O.M - Mathieu Bodmer
picture.php

Lyon 3 - 0 Valenciennes FC
In a comfortable win against a poor side, Lyon showed their class. However it did take until the 70th minute to start the scoring and by the 76th minute the 3-0 win was sealed. The key was Buonanotte coming off the bench to relace Govou, just after he had scored, and setting up Pjanics goal and then completing the scoring himself.
Goals - Govou, Pjanic, Buonanotte
M.O.M - Sidney Govou
picture.php

Aj Auxerre 1 - 1 Lyon
Lisandro Lopez again showed his finishing qualities by scoring in his first league start of the season, firing in the rebound from Michel Bastos' missed penalty. The lead was shortlived as Auxerre replied immediately and Lyon could not find a winner they deserved.
Goals - Lopez
M.O.M - Valter Birsa (AJ Auxerre)
picture.php

Lyon 2 - 0 AS Nancy Lorraine
Lopez got his 5th goal in only four starts for Lyon with Pjanic scoring his 2nd of the season. Michel Bastos missed his second penalty of the season and surely Parkin will have to change his penalty taker. Jeremy Toulalan was also sent off with 19 minutes left for his 2nd bookable offence
Goals - Lopez, Pjanic
M.O.M - Francois Clerc
picture.php

Champions League Fixtures

Lyon 3 - 0 Celtic
Lisandro Lopez started his first game of the season and repayed his managers faith by scoring his first goal after just 26 seconds. He went on to get a second and sealed the fantastic hat-trick deep into injury time.
Goals - Lopez (3)
M.O.M - Lisandro Lopez
picture.php

Celtic 1 - 2 Lyon
Andre-Pierre Gignac scored his debut goal since signing for Lyon, and within 10 minutes they were winning 2-0 and a rout looked on the cards. However Celtic held firm and managed to pull a goal back but it wasnt enough as Lyon ran out clear winners 5-1 on aggregate.
Goals - Gignac, Buonanotte
M.O.M - Hugo Lloris
picture.php

After beating Celtic, we got into the champions league group stages and were given a very tough group.
Champions Cup Group B:
Lyon
Inter
Wolfsburg
At. Madrid

Any mistakes or suggestions let me no thanks.

September Update on way soon...

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:33 AM ----------

Sorry about delay of update. busy weekend.
should be up sometime tonight.

Last edited:
thought starting a game with Lyon not too far ago, so I will follow, plus like your layout very much ;):)

im playing as lyon at the mo. look at belfodil in your youth team. also, dejan lovren is an excellent player. send corners to far post and make him stand far post. hes scored 8 headers and got 3 assists

September Update

Ligue 1 Fixtures

Lyon 4 - 1 FC Lorient

A game where Lyon showed their true class in the second half. After Lorient nicked an equaliser to cancel out Lopez's opening goal, Lyon came out after the halftime break and dominated the game with Lopez scoring four!
It has been claimed Lyons turnaround was down to the fact Parkin had berated the team at halftime and said he expected much more from them.
Goals - Lopez (4)
M.O.M - Lisandro Lopez

picture.php

Paris Saint-Germain 1 - 3 Lyon

We outclassed PSG here although we couldnt break them down during the first half.
However the second half, Lyon started brightly with Toulalan scoring his first ever goal for Lyon in his fourth season here. Gignac powered home a second but Bodmer then scored an own goal as a shot deflected off him and went in. The main man Lopez rounded off the win.
Goals - Toulalan, Gignac, Lopez
M.O.M - Toulalan

picture.php

Lyon 1 - 0 Toulouse FC

A fairly poor game by our standards as we never really got going after Gomis hit an early goal. With only 6 shots by us all game we were lucky to take the win.
Goals - Gomis
M.O.M - Bafetimbi Gomis

picture.php

After 7 games played Lyon sit top of Ligue 1.
picture.php

Lisandro Lopez got Ligue 1 top goalscorer of the month award for September after scoring 5 goals in only 3 games.
He also won Ligue 1 player of the month award for september. Jeremy Toulalan coming second.

Lyon 0 - 2 Inter

Inter completely over-ran Lyon in this encounter, dominating possession with 58%.
Thiago Motta got Inter the lead and Lyon couldn't find any way back. As they went all out attack in the final 15 minutes, Inter managed to nick a second goal on the counter attack.
Kim Kallstrom, Aly Cissokho & Lisandro Lopez were particularly disappointing this match.
picture.php

Wolfsburg 0 - 1 Lyon

We managed to nick the win here against a strong Wolfsburg side. Bastos with the only goal of the game and Lyons only shot on target of the game.
Goals - Bastos
M.O.M - Michel Bastos
picture.php

Any suggestions/mistakes let me know

October update soon...

Last edited:
Nice start mate, keep at it and more people will follow :)

October Update

A month where we did well in our four Ligue 1 games and won one of two Champions league fixtures.

R.C Lens 2 - 3 Lyon

We had to play the last hour of this match with just 10 men after Michel Bastos was sent off for his second yellow card in the first half.
With the scoreline level at halftime, Lyon came out and within 10 minutes of the restart had wrapped up the game. However there was still time for Lens to peg one back. Kallstrom was also delighted at getting his first goal of the season
Goals - Lopez, Kallstrom, Gomis
M.O.M - Reinaldo Navia (R.C Lens)

picture.php

Lyon 3 - 0 FC Sochaux-Montbe

A relatively easy match for us with Lopez surprisingly quiet and Gomis stealing the show.
Goals - Gomis (3)
M.O.M - Bafetimbi Gomis

picture.php

Lyon 2 - 0 OGC Nice

A well earned win away from home keeps our hopes of winning the Ligue 1 alive. I gave Ederson a rare start and he did me proud by scoring his first ever Lyon goal, however due to lack of matchfitness he was subbed after 70 minutes. Gignac had a good game, setting up both goals.
Goals - Ederson, Lopez
M.O.M - Andre-Pierre Gignac

picture.php

Lyon 0 - 0 USBCO

A game i thought would be a walkover, yet we just couldnt finish with one shot on target out of 14. Strikers are going to have to work on their shooting at the training ground.
M.O.M - Sidney Govou
picture.php

AS Saint-Etienne 0 - 3 Lyon

A game against our rivals which we dominated from start to finish. Starting the game with Lopez & Gignac up front, it proved to be a good move as we were winning 2-0 at half time. Lopez then picked up a slight knock so i took him off as a precaution with 8 minutes to go. Gomis replaced him and scored 4 minutes after coming on. He is finally starting to get amongst the goals. Bounanotte also had a great game.
Goals - Gignac, Lopez, Gomis
M.O.M - Sidney Govou

picture.php

Current League Table​
picture.php

Lyon 3 - 2 At. Madrid

We were completely overwhelmed by Atletico, after just 25 minutes Aguero & Forlan fired them into a 2-0 goal advantage. They tactically outclassed us until i took Gomis off, who was particularly awful, and Ederson and replaced them with Gignac and Pjanic with 67 minutes on the clock. Just 3 minutes later Pjanic set up Lopez with a pinpoint pass, who moved into space and fired a shot hard and low into the bottom corner. Then after 85 minutes, Pjanic headed the ball into Lopez's path, who continued his run and got free of any defenders before hit a low right foot shot into the corner of the net. I then brought Bastos on for Bounanotte, who hit a first time cross to the far post and Lopez got his hat-trick in stoppage time.
This was one of my best wins as manager of Lyon so far as we looked to be down and out with only 20 minutes to go.
Goals - Lopez (3)
M.O.M - Lisandro Lopez

picture.php

We only have 3 Ligue fixtures next month however one is against O.M.
Also we have to go away to both At. Madrid and Inter and cant really afford to lose both games if we are to keep up our chances of reaching the first knockout round of the champions league.

Any suggestions/mistakes/questions just let me know

November update soon...

Last edited:
unlucky against inter milan very good start in the league good luck keep going.

nice layout mate! try add some more monthly awards and updates and ratings etc :D

November Update

A good month for us in the league winning all three of our games and we kept our champions league dream alive.

Ligue 1 fixtures

Lyon 2 - 0 O.M

This was a match between the current top two teams in France, and we came out as deserved winners. Gignac scoring 2 goals in 5 minutes to seal victory for us. Gomis started with Lopez still recovering from a slight injury. Hugo Lloris was also fantastic in goal.
Goals - Gignac (2)

picture.php

Grenoble Foot 38 0 - 3 Lyon

Yet another 3-0 win, making it our fifth of the season, against an average Grenoble team. Kallstrom scoring his second of the season with Lopez starting and scoring yet another goal. Gignac then scored a penalty.
Goals - Kallstrom, Lopez, Gignac
M.O.M - Ederson

picture.php

Lyon 3 - 2 Stade Rennais FC

A great first half from Lyon with Gignac scoring a hattrick. However in complete contrast our second half was poor as we allowed Rennais a chance back into the game and they scored two, but we managed to hang onto our lead. Altough Lopez didnt score he did assist two goals.
Goals - Gignac (3)

picture.php

Gignac scored 6 goals in 3 games getting him the Ligue top goalscorer of the month award. He also got Ligue 1 player of the month.

Champions League fixtures

At. Madrid 2 - 0 Lyon

A very disappointing match for us, which i expected us to draw but we just couldn't muster any decent chances and only had 7 shots on target compared to Madrids 21.
The only player who could hold his head high after this was Lloris who made a string of good saves.
picture.php

Inter 0 - 1 Lyon

In complete contrast to our previous match, we went to the San Siro and managed to nick a great win, with Lopez on target. Once again Lloris had a great game.
Goals - Lopez
M.O.M - Hugo Lloris

picture.php

The Inter win meant that we qualified with a game against Wolfsburg to go. We are also the only team to score against Inter so far during the group stage.
picture.php

Next up is my december update which will include just 4 matches as we break up for the winter from 21st of december until the 6th of january.
I will also post a half-season review which will include player of the season so far, top goalscorer etc.

Any suggestions/mistakes/questions just let me know.
..​

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Breaking News

Diego Buonanotte has been involved in a car accident while travelling to see family in his home of Teodilina, Argentina.

Today at around 6:35am, Diego Buonanotte was traveling in his fathers car amidst a heavy downpour of rain, when he 'lost control of the car and hit a tree'. Diego was on a trip home to see family and friends during time off for the French Ligue 1 season winter break.
Buonanotte was in the car with 3 friends, who unfortunately all died at the scene. Diego himself is currently hospitalized awaiting further treatment.
Initial reports suggest that he has suffered a broken collerbone among other injuries.
Lyon manager Robert Parkin had this to say, "It is a massive shock to hear this. My thoughts go out to Diegos 3 friends' familys and it must be a very sad day for them. I also wish Diego the best of luck with his recovery. I will be sending our club doctors over to see him and will try to make a personal appearance given time. I am not estimating when Diego will return to play for football for Lyon, i just stress that i wish him the best recovery"

Buonanotte is expected to not play again until at least next season.

Last edited:
That's probably the toughest champions league group that could have been drawn this year. WOW/