it was tough. just wait till you see who i have next round. will be in next update!

nice lay out, nice transfers and some very tough teams in your champions league draw, well done geting through :)

thanks mate. always lookin for ways to make this better though so any ideas, suggestions just let me know

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

December Update

A fairly poor month of results. 3 draws out of 4 games however we did have a fantastic win aswell.

Ligue 1 Fixtures

LOSC Lille Metropole 1 - 1 Lyon

A game which kept our unbeaten season going but a one we should have won. We went behind through a good run and finish by Gervinho. Lovren then headed an equaliser from a Pjanic corner. We had chances to win,just didnt take them and Govou was sent off for persistent fouling.
Goals - Lovren
M.O.M - Dejan Lovren

picture.php

Lyon 1 - 1 Girondins Bordeaux

Once again our poor finishing costing us. A game between last years Ligue 1 winners against this years likely winners.
It was a poor, scrappy game but Lopez fired us into the lead after some delightful play by Pjanic.
But Chamakh run us ragged and played a great ball which found Bodipo who hit a good half volley into the back of our net.
Jean II Makoun was dreadful in this match and Parkin is said to be having major doubts as to whether he is good enough for Lyon.
Goals - Lopez
M.O.M - Marouane Chamakh

picture.php

AS Monaco FC 1 - 5 Lyon

A brilliant away result against a poor team sitting 19th in Ligue 1. Gignac hit his second hattrick since joining. Ederson also found a goal. With Gignac doing his job i subbed him on the 69th minute for Gomis, who grabbed a goal aswell. A quiet game for Lopez today but our finishing was much better with 11 shots on target out of 21. Pjanic had another brilliant game finishing with a 9.0 rating, assisting 2 goals.
Goals - Gignac (3), Ederson, Gomis
M.O.M - Gignac

picture.php

Current Ligue 1 Table
picture.php

Champions League Fixtures

Lyon 0 - 0 Wolfsburg

This game wrapped up our Champions League group stage and it was a poor game in all fairness.
Going with a striking lineup of Gomis & Tafer hoping they would impress but Wolfsburg just sat back and defended well.
Tafer was quite disappointing but he is just 18 so cant expect too much.
picture.php

Lyon have been fantastic in Ligue 1 so far, currently unbeaten in 19 games.
This was recognized by the Ligue 1 panel of judges when giving out the end of year awards.

Ligue 1 Revelation Of The Year - Hugo Lloris
picture.php

picture.php

Lloris has been brilliant this season playing 24 games out of a possible 27. He has managed keep an impressive 13 clean sheets and has only conceded 15 goals.
Hugo has also assisted 2 goals!
All this at just the tender age of 23 is an amazing achievment.

Ligue 1 Foreign Player Of The Year - Lisandro Lopez
picture.php

picture.php

Lopez has been in stunning form so far since his £21 million move from Porto. He has scored 20 goals in 22 games with 7 assists. He is becoming one of Europes top strikers and at just 26 years of age he has plenty of time to get better.

Gignac also won his second Ligue 1 top goalscorer of the month award for December.

Lyon Half Season Review:
Most Goals - Lisandro Lopez (20)
Most Assists - Miralem Pjanic (13)
Highest Average Rating - Lisandro Lopez (7.41)
Most M.O.M - Andre-Pierre Gignac (4)
Worst Discipline - Jeremy Toulalan (8 Yellows/1 Red)
Fastest Goal - Lisandro Lopez (26 seconds V Celtic)

Lyon have been nothing short of brilliant this season. We have had our fair share of blips and disapointment but i cant complain as we are 19 games unbeaten and through to the First Knockout Round of the Champions League!
With 19 more games, we are hoping we can keep up our unbeaten run for aslong as possible and would love to try and reach 100 League goals.

We drew A.C Milan in the First knockout round of the Champions League. The first leg is at home so we will be looking to do well and take a good lead to the San Siro.

Next up is the January Update which will include all games plus all the latest news from the transfer market...

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Breaking News

picture.php

Lyon have today announced the signing of Mamadou Sakho. The 19 year old has reportedly cost a staggering £23 million with £4 million owed over the next 12 months. He has also signed a contract worth £38,500 per week.
The former Paris Saint Germain centre back is said to be delighted to move to 'France's best club' and has stated he hopes to continue their stride toward winning the Ligue 1.
Lyon boss Robert Parkin went on to say, 'I am thrilled to announce this signing and think Mamadou can contribute massively towards the clubs success.
I knew we needed an extra centre-back, and Sakho falls into every category i want in a top centre-back and at just 19 he has the potential to be a top french international for the next 10-15 years.

Full January Update will follow soon with a shock move for another great young player...

What tactics are using? and what role have you given lopez?

These are my tactics:

picture.php

This is how i would play at home against a weaker team, or if against a decent side i would drop Pjanic back into centre-midfield. I would also play away from home with the 4-1-3-2, sometimes pushing up my wingers.

The screenie is not my favoured team due to injurys and suspensions. This is my best XI:
Gk - Hugo Lloris
Rb - Francois Clerc
Lb - Aly Cissokho
Cb - Mathieu Bodmer, Mamadou Sakho
Rm - Sidney Govou
Lm - Michel Bastos
Dm - Jeremy Toulalan
Am - Miralem Pjanic
St - Andre-Pierre Gignac, Lisandro Lopez

I tend to play Lopez as a poacher, but although he scores, hsi ratings are barely above 7.1 and recently his performances havnt been too great, scoring 8 goals in 16 games. only got above 7.1 in 3 of those games.

I play Gignac as an advanced forward however sometimes i do switch him to complete forward.

any advice would be great.

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 it's working quite well atm.

January Update

After having a long winter break, January saw us play 8 games in just 24 days. There was action from Ligue 1, the French Cup & the Coupe de la Ligue. We also signed 4 players with 5 players leaving.

January Transfers:

In -
Sergi - £24,000 from Textil Escudo
Philipp Prosenik - £450,000 from Chelsea
Mamadou Sakho - £23,000,000 from PSG
Aaron Lennon - £14,750,000 from Tottenham

Lyon made their second big signing of the window, managing to wrap up the transfer of Lennon. With Govou out for up to 3 months, Parkins side needed someone to come in to hold down a first team place. He later said "I wanted some pace injected into the side and Lennon fits the bill perfect as he can run down the line, inside, past his man and supply a great cross, and at just 22 years of age, he can be a big star here for years to come".
Lennon is the first english player to play for Lyon and with manager Parkin also english obviosuly he wanted to inject som of the infamous english passion & spirit into the Lyon squad. Although not known for his scoring ability, Parkin has said he hopes Aaron can grab a few goals before the season is out.
picture.php

Lyons Transfer History 2009/2010
picture.php

Ligue 1 Fixtures

Lyon 2 - 0 Montpellier Herault SC

The first game back after the winter break with Lyon never looking like they would lose this one. Pjanic set up Gignac with a pinpoint cross, who then rose well and headed the ball into the back of the net. Once again Pjanic got the assist laying the ball forward for Lopez to run onto it, take on a defender and hit a shot into the bottom corner.
Goals - Gignac, Lopez
M.O.M - Miralem Pjanic

picture.php

AS Nancy Lorraine 0 - 1 Lyon

Our first away game of 2010 and we were fairly poor but Nancy Lorraine were just as bad. Neither side could shoot with just 7 shots on target out of 23 during the whole game for both sides. However Toulalan managed to grab the only goal of the game with a header from Pjanics cross.
Goals - Toulalan
M.O.M - Jeremy Toulalan

picture.php

FC Lorient 1 - 1 Lyon

We were away for the second game in a row and like the previous match we were once again poor but this time were made to pay with Lorient scoring just after the restart of the second half. It looked all over with 5 minutes to go, until Lopez popped up with a header from Gomis' cross. Bastos was our only layer who looked like creating something until he had to go off injured. Then with 10 minutes to go Cris was also injured which meant Sakho got his second runout for Lyon.
Goals - Lopez
M.O.M - Michel Bastos

picture.php

Lyon 2 - 0 Paris Saint-Germain

Lyon managed to grab the win here although the teams were evenly matched. PSG won the battle of possesion but we were more deadly and took our chances better. I chose Gomis over Gignac for this one up and he repaid my faith by scoring minutes before halftime after some fine work once again by Pjanic. PSG were pressing for the equaliser but our defence stood strong and seen off everything they threw at us. Then just before the end, Lyon hit an excellent counter attack with Kallstrom playing forward a brilliant ball for Lennon who made a great run before calmly slotting home, which made it 3 games and 2 goals.
Goals - Gomis, Lennon
M.O.M - Miralem Pjanic

picture.php

French Cup

Lyon 2 - 0 Grenoble Foot 38

We entered the French Cup in the ninth round and were drew against a fellow Ligue 1 side. However we easily brushed them aside to continue in this competition. Lopez got us underway after a great one-two with Bastos before sloting the ball home. We then had to wait over an hour to wrap the game up, with Gignac scoring a tremendous curling strike after some hard work by both Ederson & Garrido to intercept the ball and play it forward for Gignac.
Goals - Lopez, Gignac
M.O.M - Andre-Pierre Gignac

picture.php

Lyon 3 - 0 OM

We got a very hard rival team in the 10th round of the French Cup but managed to make them look very ordinary. In Aarons Lennons first ever game for Lyon, he stole the show with a great debut goal. Lopez found Lennon is space who fired home to send the fans wild. We grabbed a second after some good work by Reveillere and Gignac who sent in a lovely ball for Lopez who hit a fantastic half volley. Just 10 minutes after the restart Toulalan scored his 5th of the season with a well taken header.
Goals - Lennon, Lopez, Toulalan
M.O.M - Aaron Lennon

picture.php

Coupe de la Ligue

Lyon 3 - 1 RC Lens

We began our run in this cup in the fourth round. Again we were drawn against a Ligue 1 side and again we beat them comfortably. Kim Kallstrom got a start ahead of Pjanic, who was in need of a rest, and was in great form setting up 2 goals for Lyon. Tafer also started and had a decent game, but failing to end up on the scoresheet. With the game 3-0 at halftime, Lens changed everything around at halftime to try and get a draw at least and, although they managed to grab one back, they never really looked like hurting us.
Goals - Toulalan (2), Bastos
M.O.M - Jeremy Toulalan

picture.php

Lyon 1 - 0 OGC Nice

After seeing off Lens, we were in the Quarter final against Nice. After some good hardwork by both sides and Aaron Lennon in particular looking dangerous on just his second game for Lyon, neither team could break the deadlock which sent the tie into extra-time. Gignac had been very poor and was substituted after 100 minutes for Gomis. With the tie still level and looking to go to penaltys, Gomis scored after Lopez played a good cross into the box. Nice kicked off but had no time to get back into it as the final whistle went.
Goals - Gomis
M.O.M - Aaron Lennon

picture.php

February update will be on the way soon and will include 7 games featuring the French Cups and we also get back into the champions league against A.C Milan.

Any suggestions/mistakes let me know....

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 it's working quite well atm.

Who do you play as lone striker? if Lopez what role do you give him?

Well done so far.League table?
Thanks. I will post league table in february update as i continued playing into february before getting a screenshot of the end of January table because i just didnt realise :p

Last edited:
can i see a screenshot of ur l league how it looks mate welll done in ur games tho

picture.php

This includes some february league matches which will be coming in my next update

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

February Update

February was a tough month for Lyon with injuries and suspension really hurting the team which resulted in our first loss of the season.

Ligue 1 Fixtures

Toulouse FC 2 - 0 Lyon

We went into this game expecting to win and were stunned by the final outcome. We won the battle of possesion but with a massive 20 shots, only 4 were on target with Lyon just not on form today and Gomis was dreadful after gettin the nod to start with Lopez gettin a knock. With the game level at halftime, Toulouse came out quicker and better than Lyon and had wrapped up the win just 15 minutes into the second half. Aaron Lennon also got injured for 2 weeks during this game.
picture.php

Lyon 5 - 0 RC Lens

We got back to winning ways in fantastic fashion today. Lyon ended this one with 10 men after Aly Cissokho was sent off for a professional foul after just 38 minutes. Lopez opened the scoring after beating his marker and calmly slotting home. Gomis then scored his 10th of the season with a well taken goal. However with the game 2-0 at halftime Lens lost a player to level things up after he picked up 2 yellow cards. Lopez nicked his second of the game then scored his hattrick from the penalty spot after another Lens player was sent off after tripping Toulalan. In the dying minutes and Lyon clear winners, the ball was cleared from a corner only to fall to Clerc who hit a tremendous 25 yard shot which rippled the back of the net and rounded off a terrific win.
Goals - Lopez (3), Gomis, Clerc
M.O.M - Lisandro Lopez

picture.php

FC Sochaux-Montbe 0 - 1 Lyon

We did just enough to see off the challenge of Sochaux with Gignac scoring the only goal of the game early in the first half. We couldnt get our normal game going as Sochaux were persistently fouling.
Goals - Gignac
picture.php

Lyon 3 - 1 OGC Nice

We controlled this one from start to finish and resitricted them from having much of chance although they did managed to nick one towards the end. With Lopez injured Gomis and Gignac began up front but both managed to miss chances. Lovren got us under way with a fine headed goal. Lennon then scored his 3rd for Lyon with a good run and finish. Bastos then rounded off the win minutes before the end.
Goals - Lovren, Lennon, Bastos
M.O.M - Dejan Lovren

picture.php

Ligue 1 Table
picture.php

With Lyon 17 points clear, we are looking more and more likely to win the Ligue 1 and only need to win 7 games out of our last 12 to clinch the title.

Champions League Fixtures

Lyon 3 - 2 A.C Milan

A game we would have to at least draw to have a chance of moving into the next round of this competition. We were terrible in the first half and went down after just 5 minutes to a screamer by Ronaldinho. Pato then scored not long before halftime to leave us with a mountain to climb. I showed my anger at the players during halftime and told them we needed to come back if we wanted to progress, and this sparked something in them and 7 minutes into the second half Gomis grabbed us a goal. We were the better team and gave Milan no space during the second half but just couldnt break their strong defence down. Then with the game going into stoppage time, Lyon hit Milan on the counter with Lopez running at their defence, playing forward a great ball to Bastos who then converted the chance to make it 2-2. Parkin sensed the nerves in the Milan back four and decided to hit them with everything Lyon had and todl the players to get forward and attack Milan for the final 3 minutes. Seedorf brought down Bastos on the left hand side of the Milan box and Bastos quickly took the freekick hitting a 30 yard ball across to Sakho, who ran forward with the ball and cracked a curling shot from 30 yards into the roof of the Milan net to score his first ever Lyon goal and make it 3-2 to Lyon.
Lyon once again showing their comeback qualities in the champions league. However Lopez & Sakho both picked up knocks, and although managing to finish the game they will both be out for 4 weeks.
Goals - Gomis, Bastos, Sakho
M.O.M - Bastos

picture.php

Copue de la Ligue Semi-Final

Lyon 4 - 1 AS Nancy Lorraine

We couldnt break down Nancy and our lack of chances finally costing us as we went down 1-0 not long after the restart. As we pushed forward, Gignac was able to find the net to level things up and with neither side able to score again extra-time ensued.
Not long after the restart Pjanic skipped past challenges by Nancy players and fed the ball through to Gignac who blasted the ball into the top corner to put Lyon in front. Moments before halftime in extra time, Lopez was out wide on the right and whipped the ball in for Pjanic to score and wrap the tie up. With the tie almost up there was time for one last Lyon attack with Bastos crossing for Ederson to get on the end of the cross to make it 4.
Goals - Gignac (2), Pjanic, Ederson
M.O.M - Michel Bastos

picture.php

French Cup 11th Round

LOSC Lille Metropole 2 - 0 Lyon

Just three days after gettin defeated by Toulouse, we had a great chance to bounce back with a win but again Lyon were dreadful and again it was the second half where we threw it away and let Lille convert 2 chances. Unlike the previous game we were completely outclassed in terms of chances and possesion. With Lopez suspended for this one, Gignac and Gomis started up front and both were poor.
picture.php

Any suggestions/mistakes just let me know

March Update will be on way shortly...

Last edited:
Your game against AC Milan in their home will be hard, good luck

ive hust stumbled upon this after searching for advice on lyon
very nice layout easy to read and follow!!!!!! well done

ps how do you get the funds for sakho and lennon beg for more money? or do they just give it to u?

also are u playing deep counter or high up slow build up thanks

Last edited:
hey mate,since you're managing lyon,can't you tell me a bit about clement grenier? coz i were interested to sign him.
will he be good enough for my wolfsburg's first team in 2-3 yrs? (currently still at 1st season of my game).
I know this is a bit 'off-topic', but i will apreciate it if you can share information about grenier. :)