TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
My new project

EDIT: Starting à save with Cardiff. Project will be up when having played enough matches.

I am intending to setup a new project, explaining how to setup a tactic approach to suit a specific team and the players at hand, just like I did FM11. For those remembering my Palace project in FM11, this one will be similair and this time, it will be much more in-depth as I will explain my reasoning pre and in game regarding every single match of the season.

I intend to use the Tactics creator and will not tweak any setting/slider manually.

Now, I need your help!

- What English team should I use? ( Please post suggestions on why)

( here is my old project from FM11

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...up-tactic-specific-players-circumstances.html )

When will I start ?

- straight away but I will not make any posts until I am at least 4 month into the save. This way, I will always have something to post even though being away from the game, also making the first 1 posts more in depth

Last edited:
TBH, my longtime friend, could you start with Nottingham Forest please :)

I've played till January of 1st season with them myself, sitting in 2nd place ATM (so doing well), but your approach would be really interesting to see. Also quite a challenging team IMO - in particular considering I didn't make any transfers during first window.

TBH, my longtime friend, could you start with Nottingham Forest please :)

I've played till January of 1st season with them myself, sitting in 2nd place ATM (so doing well), but your approach would be really interesting to see. Also quite a challenging team IMO - in particular considering I didn't make any transfers during first window.

Haha, any team but them as I actually play my longterm save with Forest :D

I suggest a mid-table team, so we can see the influence of a lot of factors that with a bigger team wouldn't be possible to see. Maybe QPR? They are a pretty decent team.

Haha, any team but them as I actually play my longterm save with Forest :D

even better then :) Then you already know their strength/weaknesses etc, would be quite an insightful.

But anyway, if you dont want to start with them at least post your suggested best approach and line-up based on your experience (or send me with PM please) :)

even better then :) Then you already know their strength/weaknesses etc, would be quite an insightful.

But anyway, if you dont want to start with them at least post your suggested best approach and line-up based on your experience (or send me with PM please) :)

Thats the thing though, i am not going to use a team I already know inside out. It wold also be boring altering betwen 2 saves, both using the same team :D

Will do so on msn (but not tonight). So far, my record is 24-5-1 in the league, beating Man U at Old Trafford in the FA Cup :D. This is using my sets.

Last edited:
Only following this if every fifth post you wheel out drunk TBH.

Swansea - because you could make a possession based tactics for once.

Cardiff might be interesting.

No, no, this is only the FOURTH post. It's the NEXT one where you have to start not making sense. :p

So you know about my " one glas of wine for every post", **** !

So you know about my " one glas of wine for every post", **** !

You're on your fifth now, and you average about a post every four minutes. A glass of wine is about two and a half units of alcohol, or ten millilitres, so if you keep up your current rate in an hour you will have imbibed 1.5 centilitres of alcohol.

Tank.

You're on your fifth now, and you average about a post every four minutes. A glass of wine is about two and a half units of alcohol, or ten millilitres, so if you keep up your current rate in an hour you will have imbibed 1.5 centilitres of alcohol.

Tank.

I carry tiny glasses

Last edited:
Cardiff might be interesting.

I am actually thinking Cardiff. I might have to do 2 seperate ones though, to make up for not facing brilliant players, explaining how to face the fact that you are up against Rooney, RVP, Aguero etc. ( all about cutting of supply)

If Prem, then possibly Newcastle or Spurs? Plenty of ability in both sides, allowing you to show what can be achieved when things are done right.

Evening TBH, hope you are well, long time...I'd love to see...

A 3 tactic system, that requires minimum in game changes.
Ideally 3 different complimentary shapes (say 4-2-3-1 Deep, 4-1-2-2-1 & 4-2-1-3)
Tested with Leeds (No money, mid table side, get on a roll...could get promoted)

Cheers

Evening TBH, hope you are well, long time...I'd love to see...

A 3 tactic system, that requires minimum in game changes.
Ideally 3 different complimentary shapes (say 4-2-3-1 Deep, 4-1-2-2-1 & 4-2-1-3)
Tested with Leeds (No money, mid table side, get on a roll...could get promoted)

Cheers

Macca :D long time no...hear/posts(?).

The system will include formations rather than one static formation. There will be changes alright but in some games, It might just be be dropping the CMS futher down the field using roles/duties or even pushing up those defensive wingers into Inside FCs

Last edited:
Macca :D long time no...hear/posts(?).

The system will include formations rather than one static formation.

Been lurking here for a while, lack of posts but still nosing around. Good to hear, I'll be honest, shouts are not my favourite thing, but I love the idea (living back in the days of FM05 / 06) of switching shapes and roles rather than team instructions.

I think with the TC and the pre-defined roles available, and my love of finding players who can do more than 1 role / 1 position, it would be good to see this put into action properly.

Seeing a player jump in game from being a DLP to AP, or a DLF to a Target Man and watching it pay off would be brilliant if done properly, and you're clearly the lady to do it! ;)

Been lurking here for a while, lack of posts but still nosing around. Good to hear, I'll be honest, shouts are not my favourite thing

I have been making my sets as usual though, the 451 with wing-backs being my favourite.