View attachment 918712

View attachment 239619
Lucky Permana - Free

Our 3rd signing of the summer is for Indonesian midfielder, Lucky Permana. He has been signed as a backup, but am sure he will get a lot of game time over the course of the season.

View attachment 239618Nkomo Bertrand - Free

Bertrand is a highly rated Cameroonian midfielder. He becomes our 2nd foreign player in the squad, but has previous experience playing in Indonesia.

Not a flash player, but have homes he will be a solid addition to the midfield.

View attachment 239617 Michael Ndubuisi - Free

Our 3rd and final foreign player for the squad is Nigerian CB Ndubuisi. I will be hoping he can form a solid Nigerian partnership at the back with Egwuatu.

He will provide a big powerful presence at the back, and hopefully cause problems on attacking set pieces.

View attachment 239613Johan Alfarizi - Free

Alfarizi has been signed as my starting LB. He has very good physical stats, which should allow him get up and down the pitch at will.

He doesn't have a huge amount of competition at LB, so will be relying on him to perform week in week out.

View attachment 239611
Yandi Sofyan - 18k

My first money transfer of the season, is for Indonesian striker Sofyan. He is a young lad, with decent attributes that should cause some problems to the oppositions defence.

Has just recently made the Indonesian U20 squad, so has the potential to become a key man in the National side.

I have brought 7 players into the squad so far this season, and am now relatively happy with the squad as it is. If any problems appear during pre-season, i may look for a couple more additions to the squad. However, as it stands there will be no more transfer activity from Persebo this window!

Last edited:
Pre-Season

View attachment 239468

We had a long, successful pre-season which saw us play 8 matches. We had made a number of signings so it gave them time to adjust to my tactics and gel with the rest of the team. 6W,1D,1L is a pretty good record, as we played a variety of teams, which included some within the Super League Division.

I left the matches to my assistant, as I preferred to spectate from the stands during these warm up games. It gave me the opportunity to see where i needed to make changes.

Hopefully we can carry on this form into the start of the season.

November

Mojokerto Putra 0 - 4 Persebo

View attachment 239465

The first match of the season was up against Mojokerto Putra, who we beat in the Premier Division Final last season 2-1. Fortunately this was a much easier game, as we cruised to a 4-0 victory. Our new Argentine striker managed to score just 2 minutes into his competitive debut. We eased off the intensity in the second half and couldn't build on our goal tally.

The pleasing thing about this game, was the impact of my new signings! We only just scraped a win against them last season at a neutral ground and this season we thrashed them in there own backyard. A very satisfying game to watch!

Persebo 9 - 0 Persebaya

View attachment 239458
View attachment 239457
View attachment 239456

WOW!

We absolutely destroyed Persebaya in our first home game of the season! This time it was turn of our new Indonesian striker Yandi Sofyan to steal the show, as he went on to score a double hat-trick! I didn't think we actually played any better than the week before, but we were just managed to convert 5 more chances! Play like this every week and the season will be a breeze!

View attachment 239452

It wasn't that surprising that i went on to win manager of the month, having scored 13 goals in 2 matches and conceding 0. A perfect start to the Super League, but I am sure there will be more difficult times ahead!

Great start, i hope you wont stop. Two titles in two years sounds great ;)

6 goals! Nice buy man! Great he has made an instant impact, should go on to do great things in the league this season.

Great start, i hope you wont stop. Two titles in two years sounds great ;)

Well this is definately my last season in Indonesia - What an achievement it would be to win the double! Still a very long way to go mind but the team is looking good!

6 goals! Nice buy man! Great he has made an instant impact, should go on to do great things in the league this season.

I am hoping so! Him and my Argentine striker Abdala should have good seasons - scoring for fun atm. Am just hoping they can stay injury free.

December

View attachment 238729
Persebo 5 – 0 Persura

Goals

Cahyo (27, 42)
Modong (28)
Alfarizi (79)
Prasetyo OG (84)

MOTM

Alfarizi
(Persebo LB)

View attachment 238728
Bali United 1 – 1 Persebo

Goals

Abdala (14)
Tan (79)

MOTM

Anam
(Persebo RB)

View attachment 238727
Pelita 1 – 3 Persebo

Goals

Fernanda (23)
Sofyan (32, 72)
Modong (59)

MOTM

Sofyan
(Persebo ST)

View attachment 238724
Persebo 2 – 2 Arema

Goals

Sanjaya (9)
Abdala (28, 78)
Firmansyah (80)

MOTM

Abdala
(Persebo ST)

View attachment 238722
Persebo 5 – 0 Persiba

Goals

Abdala (3, 11)
Sofyan (28, 68)
Hamdi OG (80)

MOTM

Sofyan
(Persebo ST)

View attachment 238726
Barito Putra 1 – 4 Persebo

Goals

Sofyan (22, 44)
Santosa (49)
Fajri OG (51)
Setyawan (56)

MOTM

Sofyan
(Persebo ST)

View attachment 238725
PSM 1 – 4 Persebo

Goals

Setyawan (5)
Tambemawa OG (34)
Abdala (40)
Sofyan (44)
Dewan (88)

MOTM

Cahyo
(Persebo CM)

View attachment 238720
Persebo 1 – 1 Persija

Goals

Sasongko (50)
Muhammad (77)

MOTM

Bushra
(Persija CB)

League Table

View attachment 238719
View attachment 238718

December was a very busy month in the Indonesian Super League, as we played a total of 8 games! Fortunately it was a good month for us as we managed to attain 18 points, to build a 4 point lead at the top of the table.

I was concerned that we might start to struggle in Super League, but instead we have gone from strength to strength, with Abdala and Sofyan scoring at will! The only slight area of concern in the team at the moment is at CB, as we only have 4 first team players in the squad. The volume of matches combined with injuries, is taking its toll and is an area i would like to strengthen come the start of the transfer window in February.

View attachment 238713

January is set to be an even busier month with 9 games in total! I just hope the squad can cope with the number of games.

View attachment 238531

After a few months of studying, i had finally attained my National B Licence!

It had been hard work, juggling my managerial duties with studying but i knew it would pay off in the long run. If i was ever going to achieve my dream of managing in Europe, I knew i needed to bolster my qualifications. So with that in mind, I again asked the chairman to fund my through my National A licence and to my delight he agreed!

View attachment 238527

January

View attachment 236361

A very busy January, saw us play a total of 9 games, including the 1st round of the cup.

It was another incredible month which saw us continue our undefeated run! We just seem to be scoring for fun at the moment, with our Argentine superstar, Abdala picking up 16 goals in the process.

Unfortunately i am loosing a little bit of interest in the save, as it has become very easy this
season, so have decided to do brief updates until the end of the season and will then be continuing my career elsewhere....

Glad you are back. ;) Your story started to miss, but i can understand your reasons, but keep your head up.

End of Season

View attachment 235972
View attachment 235971

View attachment 235970
View attachment 235968

So i decided to power through the rest of the season - unfortunately i couldn't quite go unbeaten as i ended up losing 2 matches. It was a very easy season on the whole, which saw us do the double of the Cup and Super League! The 2 strikers i brought in scored a combined 71 goals in 79 matches across all competitions!

I also picked up the Indonesian Super League Manager of the Year award, entered the Indonesian Hall of Fame and set a record points tally in the Super League.

So an average season i guess...

View attachment 235963
View attachment 235965
View attachment 235961

I will now be continuing my adventure in more detail again now that the season is over.

P.S.
Formatting went a bit weird on some of the screenshots i'm afraid.

Last edited:
Sean O'Brien Resigns as Persebo Manager

View attachment 235717

Sean O'Brien has decided not to renew his contract with Persebo at the end of an incredible season.

The 23-year-old is believed to have rejected a number of contract offers from chairman Amin Said Husni throughout the course of the season.

The rookie manager joined Persebo in 2014 and has seen his team lift the Indonesian Premier Division, Indonesian Super League and Indonesian Cup.

"I have decided not to renew my contract as manager of Persebo" the Northern Irishman announced a couple of days after the historic Indonesian Cup victory.

"I have finished my work here and believe I have accomplished all I can in Indonesia. I would like to thank the fans for there fantastic support at every single game. The players have also been amazing and fully got behind my tactics and philosophies and am blessed that they brought me so much success over the past 2 years".

"It is with a heavy heart that i must now leave Persebo, but I believe that now is the right time to do so. I am not sure what the future holds for me, but am ready to start the next chapter in my career."

O'Brien achieved a win percentage of 72% in 86 matches during his spell at Persebo and was awarded both Indonesian Premier League and Super League Manger of the Year awards.

O'Brien is not currently linked to any jobs, but whispers of his name have started to creep beyond Asia.....

View attachment 235716

O'Brien is not currently linked to any jobs, but whispers of his name have started to creep beyond Asia.....

Yeah, probably not much more room for growth there.

My guess is South America. Not ARG or BRA, but one of the minor leagues.

View attachment 235463

"Hi Sean, hows it going?"

"Not too bad thanks Eric. Am back living in Northern Ireland for the time being. Any news on a job yet?"

"I have been making a number of enquires over the past 3 months Sean, with not much luck. Despite your success over in Indonesia, most clubs are looking for a more experienced manager. Having said that i have lined up 4 interviews for you!"

"Fantastic news! I think i had been a bit naive when i left Persebo and thought i would be able to waltz into management at more reputable club! What clubs have offered interviews?"

"Yeah, unfortunately you are still a relatively unheard of name across the footballing world i'm afraid. I am currently arranging interviews for you at Luton (League 2), Cobreloa (Chilean First Division), SJK (Finnish Premier League), RoPS (Finnish Premier League). All these clubs will be a step up from the Indonesian Super League!"

"Looking froward to it! Would be great to make a name for myself in England, but will happily take any of those jobs in all honesty. Cheers for your help Eric."

"Dont worry about it. Will send the details through a bit later, Good Luck!"

View attachment 235434

Come to Finland mate! ;) The only bad thing is the long break between two seasons, and the different schedule. But as i saw there is fight in the first division, and if you can come out on top you can show your name for Europe. ;)