Reaction score
USo i finally decided to blog my fm13 career as saints fc manager. After several starts and fiddles with tactic, training and formations etc, i started my career. Playing classic mode with english leagues.

So my first port of call is always the same when playing as saints on fm, the free agents page, with some fantastic players availble on a free for my team such as reo coker and merida who i signed and they both walked into the first team. 

The next thing i set about doing was to send the scouts out on extensive searches, which is basically selecting about the first 100 players in each position i have. I will return to this subject in a minute, but on to tactics and formation now.

Looking to utilise the 3 key players in my opinion, i look at there best formation and roles. The players i looked to utilise the most were; adam lallana, a tricky right footed left midfielder who is also the club captain, gaston ramierez, saints record signing, a young future star fir uraguay described as the uraguain kaka and morgan sniederlin, a french deep midfielder with a high work rate, good range of passing and likes to get stuck in.
On this basis i decided to play 433, with a flat back four Dm to Cm a Left and Right winger and a lone striker. Playing a counter attacking style of football.

player role
These generally changed depending on the player, i will give you the run down on my starting 11 tho

boruc- defensive goalkeeper
fox- LB fullback auto
fonte-stopper cb limited defender
merida-ball playing cb defend
clyne- RB wing back auto

sniederlin- DM deep lying play maker
cork- CM box 2box support
reo-coker- CM ball winning midfielder support

Lallana- LW inside forward attack
ramirez- RW inside forward attack

rlambert- ST target man

Summer Transfers
Reo Coker- free cm
Meira- free cb (misspelt it earlier, i was calling him merida lol)
helenius- aab 1.6m ST- replaced lambert in starting line up, player role- poacher
cudicini- 70k gk

outs

butterfield- loan bournemouth
kelvin davis- 240k newcastle
de ridder- 1m palace

Using what was left of transfer budget i balanced out wages so i was not spending to much

So media expctation was to finish 18th, on experimenting with the game on other saves i didnt manage to get out of the bottom three. So my start of season expectation was to avoid relegation with transfer funds around 4m, i will be mainly fociusing on the league so cup games will be a chance to give youngsters like shaw and ward prowse a run out, also to try different tactics, player roles and formations, abd of course to get players needing match fitness in shape.

Started my seaon at craven cottage

Fulham 3-2 saints
duffx2. Hughes (og)
petric. Davis
duff was selected for man of the match and my saint of the match was schniederlin

played poorly and desrved to lose davis came on as a sub for cork and was played as a attacking playmaker, best game he had for me up untill january

Last edited:
Next up was newcastle utd at st marys, my first home game, i really wanted to get a good result.

saints0-0newcastle

mom- coloccini
som- meira

so no goals here, but not surprised as all defenders and gk on both sides had a rating above 8 both colo and meira had a rating of 9.

next. Up was a fixture i was dieing to get stuck into, to orove to the fans i meant business, with a dream draw against the skates in coc r2.

portsmouth2-2saints- saints win on pen

williams. Mayuka-debut goal
Russel. Ramierez-mom
extremeley disapointed with this result went behind twice but clawed the game back to win 3-0 on penaltys and drawn to norwich in the next round.

saints 0-1 man city
som fonte. Tevez-mom

Boring game not many chances but not to bad a result, wait till the reverse fixture at the etihad

everton1-0 saints
vellios. Boruc mom

was absolutley dominated in this game biruc git a rating of 9.5 making over 20 saves.

so still only one point on the board, bad start to the season.

Next up was west ham at st marys, a must win game against a team that also got promoted.

saints2-0west ham
cork
ramierez
schniederlin mom
finally 3 points, dont really remember this match so cant really give my analasys at least iv got a win under my belt

next up was another coc tie away to norwich

norwich 0-2 saints
Lallana
Helenius- first start
Schniederlin mom

could of easily won this game by 5-6 goals but helenius wasnt finishing, he showed real promise and how much of a danger he could be. Another mom/som award for schniederlin, i knew he would be a big influence in this side. 2 wins on the trott now, things are looking ip

readin 1-1 saints
roberts. Helenius- excellent form late sub

didnt think i would get anything from this match, my front 3 were quite all game. Roberts muscled his way in the air to beat clyne at the back post and head into the bottom corner. Brought helenius on with 20 to go after roberts goal and immediatly he made a impact, scoring a 35yd bullet 2mins after coming ob and was unlucky to add to his tally. This lead to hom being called up to the senior national team for denmark. Oh and reo coker got mom

Stoke 2-4 saints
walters. Helenius x3 mom
Etheringtin (og)

After going 2 diwn after 15 minutes i though this was going to be a heavy defeat, but a goal from helenius just before the break got us back into the came. Coming out on fire in the second half helenuis equilised straight from K.O, then completed his hatrick minutes later. He has hit form scoring 5 in 2 games for me and scoring on his senior international debut. We dominated the rest of the game forcing ethrington into a wayward backpass that ended up in his own net.

villa 3-5 saints
agbonglahor. Helenius x4!mom
wiemann. Mayuka
mckenna

Another poor first half, going in 3-1 down, mayuka getting the goal in the first half. Helenius.... What a signing he has been, 9 goals in 4, absolutely domineted the 2nd half.

Just need to improve layout and provide some pictures! Sounds like its going well so far

Thanks for the feedback, i have been posting from my iphone so its a bit akward to sort the layout out, but when i get time on the pc (wich is tajen over by fm) i may adjust it. Never really posted on forums befor but liked rhe manager stories on this one so i thought id try my own. Typing bits here and there when i get a spare moment. As to pics i will prob upload a load at the end of season for stats, league postion etc

Saints 0-0 swansea
reo coker som. williams mom

bore draw, need i say more? Great defensive/ goalkeeper performances from both sides

coc r4

spurs 3-2aet saints
chamakh. Lambert
defoe. Helenius som
sigurdsson
Bale mom
i played a starting 11 for this game but tried a new formation of 4132 composing of a dm and 3 cm to try lambert and helenius up top together, which worked well i thought but not as good as my standard formation, bale and lennon reeked havoc down the wings, bale with all 3 assists and nearly scoring a sliced cross from about 40yrds out. Cup game tho so not to bothered

Saints 1-1 arsenal
helenius. Arteta
cork mom

absolutley dominated this game, lamberts finishing was poor and helenius was feeling a bit jaded so i was trying to rest him, cork put in a amazing performance marshelling the midfield. No idea why the penalty was given for artetas goal, every one was saying it was harsh and no way a pen, so went 1-0 down with 12 minutes to go i brought on the nordic nightmare (helenius) he came on recieved the ball 30 yards out, played a one two with cork and thumped the ball home into the top corner.

Chelsea 4-0 saints
mom torres. Som sniederlin
jovetic
marin
ramires

poor game, got torn apart with reo coker and fonte missing from accumalated yellow cards

saints 2-0 sunderland
lambert
helenius
mom clyne

goid game sunderland werent in it at all, sitting in the bottom 3 for most of the season. Clyne assisted both goals abd had adam johnson in his pocket all game

Saints 1-1 man utd
mom helenius. Rooney

tight contested game, gave them a run for there money, countering there counter attack, end to end game could of been 6-6. Helenius rounded the keeper after 70 odd minutes to slot the ball home. Only for rooney to score in the fourth minute of injury time, which the 4th official only indicated 3...

V. norwich 3-0 saints
morrisson mom
johnson
holt

poor game from the saints nirwich deserved the win dominating the game.

Saints 0-2 qpr
Cisse
Wilson
schniederlin mom
with cisse top goal scorer in the league 2 goals ahead of helenius this was sure to be a good game, cisse scored of course taking him 3 above helenius and was not really in the game either,

liverpool 1-2 saints
downing. Ramierez x2 mom

best performance ramierez had had in a saints shirt making surez look like the lesser of the two uruguayians, he tore liverpools defence to shreds and should of had a hattrick. Great game bar downings late consolation goal, yes i was shocked to when it went in lol. Lallana also tore a gamstring in this game out for 3-4 months. Mayuka replaces him in starting line up for the next game.

saints 2-0 wigan
fonte mom
Lambert

a close game with both goals coming from set pieces heaed in from a corner by fonte and a 35 yrd free kick for lambert, not much happend in this game

west brom 1-0 saints
mulumbu mom. Som schniederlin

dont remeber this game to be honest

Saints 2-1 spurs
lambert som. dawson mom
helenius

went 1-0 down inside first 10minutes from a headed corner and didnt look like coming back. 2nd half kicked of and lambert rifled a freekick into top right corner, then mayuka tore a hamstring to be replaced by helenius who went on to score the winner with the last kick off the game.

Last edited:
HOLY **** BALLS!! - Helenius is doing good for you.. :) Good for you, hope he continues! :)

HOLY **** BALLS!! - Helenius is doing good for you.. :) Good for you, hope he continues! :)

Yes he is, wasnt sure if he would make it in the team, but suits my style of play better then lambert and rodriguez and to think i nearly got crespo on a free instead lol. Just finished my first season and he didnt score as much in 2nd half of the season but my teams performances dropped overall, dont want to give to much away tho as i will be updating more later on.

Looking forward to hearing from you! He has now also begun scoring in my Song of the saints! :) Check it out! :)

Saints 4-1 fulham
Lambertx2 mom. Berbatov
cork
hangleand (og)

was expecting a hareder game from fulham but they played right into our hands after conceding a early goal and went all out on the attack. Which our counter style of play took full advantage of.

saints 0-1 everton
Reocoker s/o. Anichibe
fonte mom

felt hard done by with this game, reo got sent off after 30 mins so i took helenius of for ward prowse and played 4131 held out really well but a sloppy back pass led to anichibes goal

Fa cup r3

saints 0-2 spurs
Defoe
Bale mom

meh, bale destroys me every game :-/ only cup game so no big deal, full concentration on the league now

january transfers

So with mayuka and lallana out injured i felt i needed another winger that can cover both sides that is better then the other replacements u have, aswell as a replacement for fox as most goals come from the left side (how realistic is this lol) some cover for cm and a better player for cm even tho my current trio seem to be doing fine. Oh and a back up rb as i do t think richardson has wat it takes.

Out
seabourne loan yeovil
puncheon 150k blackpool
chaplow. 600k millwall

Ins
lb tiene. 250k
rb jonathan 1.8m
dm mario suarez loan wotb 5m
cm jenas 800k
wf. Ince 5.5m

tiene seemed a good replacement for fox for a good price, didnt realise he would be at acon tho.
jonathom was equal to clyne at rb so pushed clune to lb for a while to try jonathon out
mario suarez looked fantastic attributte wise, bit schniederlin has prob been my best player this season and i didnt really want to replace him but i thought i could play one of them in cm or against the bigger teams play them both at dm, which i never really done in the end.
jenas, was a panic buy really agter letting chaplow go, but he was better then chaplow and only cost me 200k ontop of what i had received for chaplow and he is mire versatile.
ince was prob my main target in the window as he is not far of lallanas level and shoukd exceed his ability, but good cover for both sides if ramierez/ lallana need a break or get injured

only 17 games to update u guys on, i have already finished the season, just trying to fond time to update for those interested