rydry93

Reaction score
View attachment 376910

My Scunthorpe Story

So this is pretty basic, i want to take Scunthorpe as far as i can, this is just a story im gonna do until the new game comes out.

I will screenshot monthly updates.

This is the first story i have done on this website so im really looking forward to it.

I hope you enjoy
^^)
And here is the first update for the month of august, ill skip pre season for you.

Firstly here are the transfer dealings..
View attachment 376912
So first of all i got a decent transfer budget for a league 2 side which i didnt expect and then we got money from various high profile friendlies.

we raided the loan market for some premier league youngsters, aneke is a player ive had before in this game and he is an absolute beast! im a liverpool fan so im keen to see how teixeira does also.

I spent a record fee on robin shroot from stevenage because we were absolutely desperate for a right winger but i made some money back from the sale of our keeper who was decent and young but i decided to take the money and sign sam johnstone on loan from united who are now our parent club.

Results

Capital One Cup 1st Round
vs Wolves

View attachment 376917

So unsurprisingly we got hammered by wolves, we played much better in the second half but they were too strong for us in the end.

League 2 First Game of the season!
vs Wimbledon
View attachment 376919
Goalscorers: Iwelumo(2), Welsh
Great start to the league season, hammered them in all areas and great performances from Welsh and Iwelumo.

Vs Southend
View attachment 376920

Goalscorers: Aneke, Sparrow
Much closer than it should have been but still a decent result, Welsh yet again was brilliant!

Vs Fleetwood
View attachment 376921

Goalscorers: Iwelumo
Very even game and a draw was always likely, decent point away from home and at the end of august we sit in 3rd place.

Player of the month

Andy Welsh
View attachment 376929

Great month for the left winger with a goal and 2 assists in the first three league games.

I am very excited about this save, promotion should be easy enough with this team. more updates will be up very soon as i will be on it for most of the night :D

September

View attachment 377006

Very busy month and quite frankly poor to be honest!
Not happy at all!

Vs Hartlepool

View attachment 377007

We didnt even play badly in this game, but we just couldnt score

Vs Mansfield
Johnstones Paint Trophy North 1st Round
View attachment 377009

Goalscorers: Mesca, Shroot & Aneke
Yep..... we gave away a 3 goal lead and lost on penalties, never been so annoyed at a match on FM!

Vs Bury
View attachment 377012

Goalscorers: Canavan (2)
We bounced back well from the cup defeat, Canavan nodding in two goals from set pieces.

Vs Rochdale
View attachment 377013

Goalscorers: Iwelumo (2) & Aneke
Well its safe to say, our defence is awful! if anyone has any advice on defenders to buy in january, i need the help desperately!

Vs Newport County
View attachment 377014

Goalscorers: Iwelumo & Aneke
Coming from behind twice and scraping a draw against Newport is just not good enough!

Vs Morecambe
View attachment 377015

Dominated the game and lost to a 3rd minute goal... the awful run continues!

Vs Plymouth
View attachment 377017

Goalscorers: Aneke
Reuben Reid was their only good performer in this game, yet again we defended like retards, especially Dawson

Vs Portsmouth
View attachment 377018

Goalscorers: Iwelumo & Shroot
We let a 2 goal lead slip this time... Harris ripped us apart in the 2nd half but the pen decision was very debatable!

League Table:
View attachment 377023
Sitting in 10th at the moment and already 9 points off the top, maybe its not as easy as i thought it would be with scunny, only time will tell!

Player Of The Month:
View attachment 377027
Chuks Aneke!
What can i say, the guy is a machine! Only him and Iwelumo have been consistent performers for us.

I will be playing all night, so more updates tomorrow!
if anyone has any advice please dont hesitate to comment
but to be honest, on this site it seems like people only really take notice of the members with bigger reps.
hopefully ill be proved wrong!

Come on you Irons

good start buddy if you do ever want to make pictures and screenshots bigger just double click the picture then you get options of size :D

good start buddy if you do ever want to make pictures and screenshots bigger just double click the picture then you get options of size :D

Ahh i was wondering about that! haha thanks a lot mate ill do that on my next update which will be in around twenty minutes :)

haha no, i was buzzing when we went two nil up but Harris was just too good, he played like messi in the 2nd half! lol

As a Scunny fan I'll follow this and see how you do :)

Sam Johnstone :'( (bad experience when we had him on loan the other year lol)

October
View attachment 377228

A very good month! Back in business!

Vs Mansfield
View attachment 377229
Poor result, against a poor side, i think mansfield were bottom at that point. On the verge of the sack after this.

Vs York
View attachment 377230
Finally got a win, was a dominant performance, Iwelumo and Aneke on the scoresheet again!

Vs Accrington
View attachment 377233
Goalscorers: Iwelumo (2)
Good result against a surprisingly high flying Accrington team, Iwelumo with another two goals, he is unbeatable in the air.

Vs Torquay
View attachment 377231
Goalscorers: Iwelumo (2) , Sparrow & Teixeira
Thats more like it!! We played like brazil in this game and Teixeira scored an absolute screamer!

Vs Wycombe
View attachment 377232
Goalscorers: Davies, Iwelumo (2) & Mozika
Yet another Iwelumo brace, he is finding it too easy in this league!

League Table
View attachment 377234
Well that looks a lot better than it did! Great month and my job is stable... for now!

Player Of The Month
View attachment 377250
Chris Iwelumo
What a player! 7 goals in 5 matches this month and he is top scorer in League 2 now!

Ill be playing all day, so plenty of updates to come!
Next update will be in at around 1pm
:)

As a Scunny fan I'll follow this and see how you do :)

Sam Johnstone :'( (bad experience when we had him on loan the other year lol)

Thanks, i hope you enjoy it :) and Johnstone started out really poor, but he has redeemed himself in the last couple of months! i didnt realise he had been at Scunny before haha

Chris Iwelumo somin crazy like dat lol is top scorer in my pompey story as well got 23, 6 more then Constable in 2nd he a tank i tried to get him but no luck lol btw good start my story has caught up with where i am in my actual save so i'm playing march then i should have an update out :D KUTGW

Looks a lot better now mate haha keep it up and hopefully you can get into those automatic places!

Chris Iwelumo somin crazy like dat lol is top scorer in my pompey story as well got 23, 6 more then Constable in 2nd he a tank i tried to get him but no luck lol btw good start my story has caught up with where i am in my actual save so i'm playing march then i should have an update out :D KUTGW
Yeah he is a great striker for this league and could probably do a decent job for me if i get promoted to :D and thanks mate, i have subscribed to your story so looking forward to the update!

Looks a lot better now mate haha keep it up and hopefully you can get into those automatic places!
Thanks mate :) i think the team just needed to get used to my tactic because they have been brilliant recently! more updates soon!

November
View attachment 377289

Another very good month!

Transfers

View attachment 377291
I decided to bring in Chris Brown on loan as a backup to Iwelumo because Deon Burton is just not good enough.
I think he will get us some goals off the bench.

Vs Truro
Fa Cup 1st Round
View attachment 377292
Goalscorers: Brown (3), Welsh & Mozika
Brown got a hat trick on his debut but we were always expected to hammer Truro, im hoping for a little cup run and hopefully go to somewhere like Old Trafford or The Emirates.

Vs Burton
View attachment 377293
To be fair we could and maybe should have scored more but Burton are a good side so i am more than happy with the win.

Vs Bristol Rovers
View attachment 377294
Goalscorers: Dawson & Davies
Came from behind and got yet another win and even the captain Andy Dawson got on the scoresheet :O

Vs Northampton
View attachment 377295
Goalscorers: Aneke
A win is a win but we should be hammering teams like Northampton in my eyes. Chuks gets another goal though

Vs Dagenham & Redbridge
View attachment 377296
Goalscorers: Aneke (2) & Iwelumo
These two players are too good for this league. FACT!

Vs Oxford
View attachment 377297
Goalscorers: Brown
We were by far the better team but had to rely on a late Chris Brown penalty

Vs Cheltenham
View attachment 377298
Goalscorers: Brown (2)
Tough game against Cheltenham, decided to take off sparrow for Brown and put two up top and it paid off, he got us out of jail there against top of the league.

League Table
View attachment 377299
So an unbeaten month gets us right back in the title race, im feeling very confident now, with maybe 1 or 2 additions in january we should get promotion comfortably
oh and....
View attachment 377300
Manager of the month, get in!

Player Of The Month

View attachment 377301
Chris Brown
The new lad gets it, saved us on a couple of occasions but the award could of gone to Iwelumo also.
Unfortunately his loan deal runs out soon, but hopefully we can bring him back on a permanant deal or maybe a renewal on his loan.

I will try and get two more updates up tonight so keep an eye out!

Keep it up bro definitely on course for promotion now

Interested to see how you do as a Scunthorpe fan, im currently in Premier League and always finishing 5th can't seeem to brake into top 4 with my team but started the save when we was in League 1 oh and for the future its UP THE IRON! ;

December
View attachment 377495
Bit of an inconsistent month but still getting points on the board

Vs Cambridge
Fa Cup 2nd Round
View attachment 377501

Poor result, a replay we should of easily avoided!

Vs Exeter
View attachment 377504
Goalscorers: Aneke & Iwelumo (2)
Chuks was absolutely unplayable in this game, Exeter couldnt handle him and of course Iwelumo scored again!

Vs Southend
View attachment 377508

Goalscorers: Bentley OG & Iwelumo
Drew against a Southend side missing a few key players such as Freddy Eastwood, i wasnt happy!

Vs Cambridge
Fa Cup Round 2 Replay
View attachment 377510
Goalscorers: Canavan, Davies (2), Brown (3) & Mozika
Why we couldnt do this in the first game is beyond me! We lost dawson in the 25th minute at only 1-0 so a 7-1 scoreline was great, we even ended up with 9 men after we had a player injured when we used all our subs.

Vs Wimbledon
View attachment 377511
Goalscorers: Shroot, Welsh, Mozika, Aneke & Iwelumo
5 different goalscorers really pleased me but we really need a new keeper, Johnstone doesnt even dive for the ball anymore lol awful keeper!

Vs Chesterfield
View attachment 377512
Goalscorers: Welsh
Erm....? Yeah we got battered, not much more to say lol

Vs Fleetwood
View attachment 377514
Goalscorers: Iwelumo & Davies
Good way to bounce back, we left it quite late but it was a really solid performance against a good team

Vs Bury
View attachment 377516
Oh my god we battered them but just couldnt get the winner, so frustrating!

Vs Hartlepool
View attachment 377518
This scoreline flatters Hartlepool a lot! it should of been a lot more comfortable for us

League Table
View attachment 377524

Top of the league after another solid month! lets make this place our own now!

Player Of The Month
View attachment 377527

Christian Ribeiro

Really good month from our right back, he was very consistent and his crosses were causing all sorts of problems

More updates tomorrow!

Interested to see how you do as a Scunthorpe fan, im currently in Premier League and always finishing 5th can't seeem to brake into top 4 with my team but started the save when we was in League 1 oh and for the future its UP THE IRON! ;
Ahh "UP THE IRON" ! i shall remember that :) thanks! and hopefully i can get up to the premier league eventually :)

January
View attachment 377650

New signings and an incredible month!

Transfers
View attachment 377655
We spent a big chunk of our remaining budget on Left back Alan Sheehan from Notts County because Andy Dawson is too old to play every week

View attachment 377656

It was an absolute must to bring in a new keeper because Sam Johnstone was just awful, so i opted for Richard Lee, he brings in some good experience from higher leagues so im very happy with him.

View attachment 377657
I felt we needed a ball winning midfielder so i decided to bring in Dean Furman from Doncaster

View attachment 377658
Unfortunately we couldnt bring Chris Brown back as our backup striker so i went for a young striker in hope he can do a job when Iwelumo eventually retires, so lets hopes Jonathan Obika fulfills his potential!

Results

vs Newport County
View attachment 377662
Bit of a slip up, i think in this whole game there was like 3 highlights and that was it, very boring game!

Vs Accrington
Fa Cup 3rd Round
View attachment 377664
Goalscorers: Iwelumo, Welsh & Mozika
Good performance in the cup, i wasnt happy about getting a team in the same league but we managed to get through and were rewarded with a home tie against Newcastle.

Vs Rochdale
View attachment 377666
Boring game but another 3 points!

Vs Morecambe
View attachment 377667
Goalscorers: Iwelumo (2)
Yep, Iwelumo gets another 2, i knew he would score in this league but it seems everytime he shoots he scores!

Vs Portsmouth
View attachment 377669
Goalscorers: Iwelumo (4!)
By far our best performance this season and Iwelumo just cant stop scoring and thank god Ashley Harris was injured for Pompey because he was brilliant against us at the start of the season.

Vs Mansfield
View attachment 377670
Goalscorers: Canavan
I thought we wasnt going to beat Mansfield again but Niall Canavan popped up late on to grab a winner

Vs Newcastle
Fa Cup 4th Round
View attachment 377672
Goalscorers: Shroot
What a result! Admittedly
Newcastle were without the likes of Cisse and Tiote but it was still a very strong side but we defended brilliantly and caught them on the counter attack and scored!

League Table
View attachment 377674
Starting to build a lead at the top and im very confident we can keep it up, as long as Iwelumo is playing we are pretty much unstoppable

Player Of The Month
View attachment 377682
Chris Iwelumo

8 goals this month including that 4 against Pompey, he is one of the most prolific strikers ive managed on FM13, he shoots he scores!

February update will be posted later :)

Oh and...
UP THE IRON ;)