My Story, My Dream, My Club. *The Season Begins!*

McGovern.

andymcg44 v.2
Reaction score
viewimage30

Breaking News
quote Georgie Thompson
The breaking news this hour is surely the biggest news story of this footballing year. The continent of Africa have decided the put together a team named the 'African Allstars' and compete in the Premier League. As of yet we have no news on the club crest, colour or kits but one thing is for sure, all Premier League clubs will be lining up against the best players in Africa twice every year. More on this amazing news story as it develops.

I've been living in the shadow of my uncle for far too long now. For once I want to be the one grabbing the headlines, one night as I lay in my bed I thought 'I love football, I love Africa and I have Money'. So I proposed a continental team to compete in the best league in the world. When the FA fell into turmoil following resignations at the top I had my opportunity to get what I wanted out of a sticky situation at FA Headquarters.

They made the decision to allow my team into the competition hastily, and more to get me out the office than any other reason. Will they end up ruing this decision? I couldn't give a ****. Maybe for once I'll be capturing the headlines. My Name is Andrew Mandela and this is my story, my dream and my club.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

African Allstars Confirm Kits

f3u7ih.png
25hd2k2.png
6tgu82.png

The kits are made by Adidas and although these weren't first on my priority list to get the club up and running, a friend at Adidas whipped them up nice and quick for me.

I swayed the people at Pepsi to sponsor us for the season, since they have recently used the theme of Africa in a commercial I thought they would be a fitting sponsor.

African Allstars Confirm Location, Stadium and Youth Setup

The Club also confirmed that we would be based in Cairo, Egypt. Although the Premier League wanted us based in the U.K we wanted to stay to our African Roots, and since Egypt had won the most recent African Cup of Nations and they were in North Africa, therefore not as far from the U.K as, say, South Africa the decision was made.

Controversy

Many managers in the Premier League have showed publicly how annoyed they are at the inclusion of the African Allstars in the Premier League this year, most notably Sir Alex Ferguson of Manchester United

quote Sir Alex Ferguson

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that once every two weeks a club from England are being forced to travel all the way to Africa for one 90 minute game, especially in a domestic competition. Even when we compete in the Champions League we don't need to travel this far, it is truly a discrage.

wajclc.jpg

Sir Alex Ferguson: Not Best Pleased

One thing I think Sir Alex Ferguson fails to realise is that our club will be forced to do this every fortnight. No doubt nothing will come of this as Sir Alex Ferguson has the FA in his back pocket all year round. That is what I call a discrage.

Last edited:
Great opening post, looks good so i'll follow :).

Interesting start :). Looks good. I'll be coming back every now and then to see what's happening :D

A Logo is a No Go

347xpig.png

Unfortunately, we could not get a logo made for our club in time for the deadline, which 'by coincidence' was brought to a week earlier by the FA. The new man in charge is definitely not in favour of having us in this league and I think he wants to get us out as soon as next year, but that won't happen on my watch. The logo therefore chosen for this season is that of the continent of Africa, at least we're sticking to our roots.

African Allstars Acquire Amazing Amount of Season Ticket Holders

It has also been confirmed this week we managed to sell out our season tickets and 40,000 have been sold. Personally I believe it is down to the hard work of many employees I sent out in various parts of Africa to promote our club. Now we know week in week out we'll have at least 40,000 proud Africans following the team in our new Stadium, called The Plateau Stadium, located in Central Cairo where there are good transport links and great technology advances. That's why we see this as a perfect venue. The current stadium holds 60,000 spectators all-seated and boasts a retractable roof and under-soil heating. Plans are also in place to increase the capacity to 80,000 after Christmas and the stadium itself has the potential to expand to 100,000 but that many spectators seems a long way off.

The name of the stadium was chosen by a poll on the clubs website, this was the most popular choice over the other three which were;
- The Pyramid
- Allstars Stadium
- Roger Milla Stadium

210f0ci.png

The Plateau Stadium in all it's glory, with the colour inspired by Pepsi

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Players and Manager Confirmed

I was delighted to announce this week all players who I requested to be in the squad confirmed and many undisclosed fees were accepted by various clubs around the world. The amount of season ticket holders and good sponsorship deals were a slight help but most of this money came straight out of my pocket; which I am not unhappy about, rather proud of. How many other people have made enough money to fulfil a whole continents wildest dreams?

The Squad given to the manager is as follows:

Goalkeepers

If I am honest the amount of goalkeepers available was not so big but I am happy we bagged Vincent Enyeama (Nigeria) who will certainly be our first choice. Providing healthy competition to Enyeama will be Tony Sylva (Senegal) who, although not the best goalkeeper in the world will provide essential experience to this position.

1446wwj.png

Vincent Enyeama - "I'm Number 1"

Defenders

For our right back position I am relatively pleased with the option of either Habib Beye (Senegal) who is experienced in the premier league or Michaël Chrétien (Morocco) who offers a more attack-minded approach but also being able to play in the heart of the defence.

xcqgbs.jpg
6zarfn.jpg

Habib Beye and Michaël Chrétien Are in Direct Competition for the Right Back Position

At the heart of defence we have managed to provide many options to the manager including Kolo Toure (Ivory Coast) who has vast experience of the Premier League and will be our vice-captain. John Mensah (Ghana) has also played in the top competitions and will be a certain contender for the centre back position. But with Joseph Yobo (Nigeria) also in the team, the player who will hold down the position is far from a foregone conclusion. To provide even more healthy competition for places is Sébastien Bassong (Cameroon) who will be looking to gain experience from his older counterparts.

r6xx7m.jpg
2pzmnmd.jpg
5zh7jp.jpg

Three Men, Two Places. You Do The Maths.

The players that could fill the left back position are Taye Taiwo (Nigeria) and Benoît Assou-Ekotto (Cameroon). This position once again is too tough to call and this can only be good for the manager. Both players have reasonable experience and the two will be eager to learn from each other.

2rqhmhj.jpg
fazqs4.jpg

More Healthy Competition For The Manager To Deal With.

Midfielders

The right wing position is one which will also be hotly contested. With Chinedu Obasi (Nigeria) and Salomon Kalou (Ivory Coast) in hunt of the place. Competition for this position will also be bolstered by the versatile midfielder Stéphane Sessègnon (Benin).

5ns3q.jpg
ormmf8.jpg

It's a Straight Sprint to The Right Midfield Position

Central Midfield is possibly our strongest position with world-class players galore. Michael Essien (Ghana) is one of the various contenders for the central midfield positions, which includes John Obi Mikel (Nigeria) and Yaya Toure (Ivory Coast). Another player eager to break into the first team will be Sulley Muntari (Ghana) who will provide a defensive and attacking incentive to the team. Throw into this mix, once again the versatile Stéphane Sessègnon and youngster Alex Song (Cameroon) and the midfield battle for places begins.

1zis5l.jpg
ajuz5u.jpg
33wxna8.jpg

World Class Players Battling for The Midfield Position

Left Midfield is a position in which players who can play here can play in various positions. Nadir Belhadj (Algeria) can play all down the left side and Demba Ba (Senegal) can also play as a front man. Other options include Salomon Kalou and Stéphane Sessègnon.

27yzuhe.jpg
j9lefk.jpg

Two of the Manager's Various Options on the Left Wing.

Strikers

The list of strikers available is, like the central midfield position, world class. Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast) will captain the side but even his position is not written in stone as competition comes from Emmanuel Adebayor (Togo) and Obafemi Martins (Nigeria). Not forgetting the prolific Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon) and promising Marouane Chamakh (Morocco) the forward position is sure to be a hot contest.

23vahwh.jpg
15flj5y.jpg
vomu6u.jpg

The Men Given The Task of Firing The African Allstars to Future Glory

Noticable Absentee

Emmanuel Eboué of Arsenal and Ivory Coast turned down a move, saying he is too good for our team. This came as a shock as the fans at Arsenal don't even seem to have warmed to him much. Maybe it is for the best; he could have sparked booing from our fans. He'll see when we play Arsenal who is 'too good for our team'.

Unknown Englishman Appointed as African Allstars Manager

quote Georgie Thompson
Andrew McGovern has been appointed the manager of the African Allstars today, on the same week their star studded line-up was too. McGovern has no experience whatsoever in football management apart from, as written on his CV, 'guiding Sunderland to Champions League Glory on Football Manager'. Andrew Mandela has been heavily criticized for this appointment and it is sure to be a talking point for many weeks to come.

I'm being slaughtered by the press for my appointment but I'm confident he'll succeed. They'll see...

best start to a story well done looks a great start mybe could compete with one the other great storys best of luck.

Reserves Team Confirmed

Along with the top class players in the First Team Squad, every top club needs youngsters coming through the ranks, which is why I put my hand in my pocket again to bring in the following African Youngsters:

Nicolas N'Koulou
Daniel Opare
Lukman Haruna
Torric
Theo Weeks
Younes Belhanda
Rabiu Ibrahim
Serges Deble
Omar Koroma
Victor Anichebe
Ishak Belfodil
Macauley Christianus
Ransford Osei
Khouma Babacar
<B>​

quote Andrew McGovern (Manager)
</B>
I am looking to find some feeder clubs in order to send these players out and gain first-team experience. Hopefully me and Mr. Mandela can arrange some afflitions in the next couple of days.

One Week later...

4 Teams Announce Link With African Allstars

121y1yf.png
2iqd3xi.png
2bqlqq.png
21dldhd.png

I am happy to announce links with Scunthrope, Sheffield United, Leeds United and Darlington. I tryed to make links with clubs from different leagues in order to get my reserves of different abilities first-team football throughout English football.

Me and Andrew McGovern are hoping to send all of our reserves on loan to these four clubs. We are building towards the future of this club which, at the end of the day, is most important.

This sounds awesome, Ill follow.

Great start, and good luck keeping all those strikers happy. The stadium looks class as well.

nice idea, but if i'm honest i don't really see much of a challenge in getting the best african players to play for your team and then just competing as usual in the PL, except your team will be insane, with Drogba, Essien, Enyeama, Toure(s).. anyway sorry to be negative, i'll balance it out:
Good luck, very original and nice layout

This is a great start man, very interesting. I made an Airtricity League of Ireland XI before in the Blue Square North but I got bored cos I was walking every match lol. I'm defo following.

If you need back up for centre back sign Mokoena from Pompey. Solid centre back

nice idea, but if i'm honest i don't really see much of a challenge in getting the best african players to play for your team and then just competing as usual in the PL, except your team will be insane, with Drogba, Essien, Enyeama, Toure(s).. anyway sorry to be negative, i'll balance it out:
Good luck, very original and nice layout

I thought that at first but when I though about a lot of players fighting for positions and possible unhappiness I thought 'Why the **** not?' :D

Thanks for all the other commments, keep following!

Fantastic story mate! and seriously i don't read stories, i have to read too much at uni never mind leisurely and it takes a lot to captivate my attention.
This has!!

i have one pathetic insignificant piece of advice for you though, with your quotes in the green bubbles said by people. Either change it from black, or don't make it bold, because it blurs a bit with the green and isn't pleasant to read.

Great idea though. i will actually follow this! You have given me ideas for myself now XD

Fantastic story mate! and seriously i don't read stories, i have to read too much at uni never mind leisurely and it takes a lot to captivate my attention.
This has!!

i have one pathetic insignificant piece of advice for you though, with your quotes in the green bubbles said by people. Either change it from black, or don't make it bold, because it blurs a bit with the green and isn't pleasant to read.

Great idea though. i will actually follow this! You have given me ideas for myself now XD

Hope you like it and cheers, all help is good help :D

Very nice start and an interesting idea. I'll surely follow.

Next update this afternoon - transfer and pre-season friendlies round-up

POST RESERVED