My Wattford tactical experiments where I am fighting for Premiership in first season

vujevic

Reaction score
Wattford-tactical experiments

Hello guys my name is Meraklija Vujevic and I am guy who is every year creating tactics on this forum.
I am the guy who thinks that in first season even with worst team I can be in top 4 in every division.

To achieve this every year I create my tactics what are litle bit different that most people are using.
Some of my achivements in first seasons from last Fm16
Torino won seria A in first season,entire guide and gameplay is on You tube.
Sociedad won La liga in first season
Leicster won Premiership in first season.
Watford won Premiership in Beta version.

Here is my topic from last year

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...d-leicester-won-premiership-first-season.html

I spended few days observing the games during my tactical experiments with various clubs and finaly I menage to create 2 interesting tactics.

I decided to play with Watford so Miles can be happy.

On my you tube chanel there is playlist with my Watford carrier and there you can see how good are this two tactics.
I am on top of table after half season and I have big chances to win Premiership in first season.

First formation what I am using is 4-3-3 with 3 strikers.

Second formation is 4-3-1-2 .

Tactics are still not uploaded,and this will be done probably when I complete season with Watford.

First off all I still didnt even created the names of the tactics,so every sugestion is welcomed.

Topic will be updated,in the mean time you can check my Watford carrier on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUIgZvHn21BL0ro_G1kmCIlCVJNKhsTpA

OFFICAL TACTICS

4-3-3
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v08qx...c_v1_E14A800A-06B6-4D33-8AFB-66C7ED62885D.fmf

4-3-1-2 http://www.mediafire.com/file/b289u...c-v2_34F3B938-87C8-45D0-84A8-4F5C67126F78.fmf

4-1-2-1-2 http://www.mediafire.com/file/49gdw...eams_E1E69F7C-4AA2-4212-9C10-CF99606CD0D2.fmf

3-4-1-2-Pirate Poacher by Meraklija Vujevic_531EB4EB-3404-44E3-AB49-D31B9E917050

4-5-1 old school-
Old_school-4-5-1-by_Meraklija_Vujevic_1E0CE1AA-F35C-44A6-BF81-79B0F54CCC28.fmf

Last edited:
I have recreated but i need setup of corner freekick and so on, and PI if there is some and OI?:)

I have recreated but i need setup of corner freekick and so on, and PI if there is some and OI?:)

If you watch all videos from my chanel you will see that I am using both tactics .

all depends who is my oponent

be patient like everbody else

probably tomorow afternoon I will complete season

Last edited:
WATTFORD WON PREMIERSHIP-88 pt-2 tactics used

TABLE

ZZgpHk7.jpg

RESULTS

CdX8oS3.jpg

bd1FXQe.jpg

flVXZHV.jpg

PLAYERS

5LdLWUj.jpg
55KPb0Q.jpg
EXiIRCX.jpg
CAp8hvh.jpg

TRANSFERS

N2pHJLp.jpg

TACTICS

foVXtAv.jpg

1not6f4.jpg

2yEeaRp.jpg

GAME STATUS

UqOenso.jpg

GUIDE AND GAMEPLAY

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUIgZvHn21BL0ro_G1kmCIlCVJNKhsTpA

TACTICS USED

HOME GAMES-Attractive-4-3-3 by Meraklija Vujevic v1

AVAY GAMESMid strenght-4-3-1-2-by Meraklija Vujevic-v1

all tranings match preparations is done by my assistant manager

only differnece between tactics is amount of strikers used

Arsenal higly recomended club for this tactic

please subscribe and like my You Tube chanel.

Last edited:
Everthing is explained on you tube.

all training match preparations is done by asisstant manager.

Everthing is explained on you tube.

all training match preparations is done by asisstant manager.

Could you not just tell the OI? or is it are demand too watch hours of youtube videos to play your tactic?:)

I am looking for next club to menage.

Few of them are looking interesting

Sociedad,Bordeaux and few others.

Used your tactic to great effect. Top with Liverpool 8 games left, new update for football manager and now I'm down to 3rd 3 losses in a row and a draw. I just get pounded in defense now.

Used your tactic to great effect. Top with Liverpool 8 games left, new update for football manager and now I'm down to 3rd 3 losses in a row and a draw. I just get pounded in defense now.

It is still Beta so offcourse they will change some things.

probably tomorow I will play with other club to check it again.

This is actually the best tactic I've ever tried in all my FM years. Sick job, dude! Well done!

Edit: Havent tried it after the last update tho.

This is actually the best tactic I've ever tried in all my FM years. Sick job, dude! Well done!

Edit: Havent tried it after the last update tho.

I have. I discovered Vujkevic (misspelt there, I suspect) recently. I used his tactic mid-season (well, in November) with Tottenham.

I had trained for a fluid 41212 as secondary to a 41221 (or barca 433).

As with beta saves, I save scummed shamelessly and was top of the league in November but totally undeserved. I was getting hammered at the end of games. I was incapable of developping a high press tactic with 2 wide forwards which could not be exploited by the AI come the end of games. Even when I hammered the opposition, getting 3-4 clear cut chances, they would equalise or score a late winner, hit me on the counter, etc.

Since I was familiar with 41212, the switch to this 4213 was quite painless. (I did not use the 433, I used only his "away" tactic, home and away). I have had much better result. Notably a 1st Rd KO CL tie with Borussia Dortmund which I won home and away: 3-0 at home (hit the bar 4 times... Borussia had ZERO shots on target), and 4-2 away.

I am currently 6 points clear at the top of the PL with 9 games to go, and a game in hand on Arsenal in second. I am sitting on 77 points.

I highly recommend this tactic. Since finding it, I started playing the game "properly", without save scumming, and it feels like I am playing FM, finally.

My next step is to try to understand why the tactic works so well compared to the rubbish I came up with. So far I have this:

1. Very narrow and slow tempo works well
2. Players much closer together than when using wingers / Inside Forwards

Now how can I have these results while having IFs and Wingers and DMs? I signed Bazoer and do want him to play at DM.

Problems:

Sometimes I dominate the opposition but match stats say they had more clear cut chances than me. I get 1 or 2 CCC's, 3-4 half chances, and they get 2-3 CCC's. The fact is that this is due to the match engine creating CCC's out of thin air when you are dominating a direct, pacy team. They get just two or three crosses in, and even if they don't really get the shot off it seems to count as a CCC. I'll take it. It doesn't even happen in many matches, but it is there.

My centre backs have been immense using this tactic. My forwards too. I signed Icardi because this tactic was working so well, I needed more strikers than Kane, Jansen, Son (competent) and Kuku (only a F9 so cannot be used for the away tactic).

Finally, I highly recommend checking out the OP's youtube. I subscribed. If he's on twitch I'll follow him there as well.

Reasons to subscribe:

1- He has made this badass tactic
2- He has a f**ing badass accent
3 - Poignant use of occasional swearwords
4- Barely disguised contempt for some popular football strategies and tactics
5- He goes through games fast
6 - He still manages to explain his thinking process and why he does what he does.

Thank you OP! Sorry I called you Vujkevic by mistake :)

Last edited: