My Work on an old Tactic Creating Technique

Yeah both excellent bits of kit, together with my tactic creation excel document, work wonders! (Sorry bit big headed lol)

Hi all,

From starting this thread i was trying to make andre villas boas tactic, mix of porto and chelsea.
It was not so easy like wenger or mourinho style but finally i tweaked it to work fine.
I try to focus passing down the wings, increase forward runs, crossing and mentality for full backs and wing backs, increas wide play for wing players and that central midfielders hold up ball. Also to decrease long shots and instruct the team to only shoot once they get close to the goal. My defence goal is to push higher up the field when in possession.

I uploaded it so i am looking forward for feedback you can tweak it and all that.

View attachment 205388

Here is the link of tactic:

* after you click it you need to click again on CLICK HERE TO START DOWNLOAD FROM SENDSPACE

Download ANDRE VILLAS BOAS, PORTO (FCP, Aug 2012).tac from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here are screenshots 1st season:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/taadeportugaloverviewst.png/

Here are screenshots 2nd season:

have fun!

Last edited:
EXCELLENT WORK MATE!

I seem to be saying that alot zoki! Very impressive, has anyone else tested this?

EXCELLENT WORK MATE!

I seem to be saying that alot zoki! Very impressive, has anyone else tested this?

thx mate, i think that i have mastered your tactic creation technique :)))
tactic is insane, i will play more few days and then i am going to create arsene wenger style football ;)
i am looking forward to work on that tactic with you.

Hi Legskeattch,

Do you by any chance still have the original sheet? The new update has tendencies which many managers do not have, and when i enter 0,0 into fields VBLookup does nothing

thanks in advance

Hey Legskeattch,

can you give me del bosque and kenny dalglish tactic ?

Like you I have been playing Manager games since the late 90's with Ultimate Soccer Manager. Remember that one? Anyhow got a load of questions becasue I find this the most interesting way of creating a tactic there is. Everybody wants to play the "barca" way, so naturally everybody looks at Guardiola. So I am working with that. Here are my questions.
I dont have FM editor so I do not know his tendencies or his non tactical attributes, can you upload a screenshot of that?
What about focus passing? how is that determined?
The playmaker and targetman? Who will get those roles?
Do the non tactical tendencies tell you anything about how to handle press conference and pep talks?

i've been reading this thread and all i can say is: GREAT THREAD!

and zoki...what a defense you got there ;D

wow, wow, wow, great thread!does anybody like me think this could become the best pre-match scouting tool ever in history of cm/fm?im verry impressed, this deserves a sticky and i hope the mods dont just pass by.the only problem from what i remember using the editor is that i remember it was extremly slow to load.anyways, great work mate, good logic!

Hey has anyone used Luis Aragones' tendencies and if so , has it been successful?

can someone tell me how to do arsenal tactic?? playyer roles and roles+? thanks

How can I download the Editor for FM12 btw i have the STEAM version

is it up to us to set the player roles and duties?

Last edited:
hey legskeattch, im using the fmrte 12 there are no dirtiness allowance, are any other tackling information?