My Work on an old Tactic Creating Technique

Does anyone know of any managers in the game that have the Tactical tendencies to generate a '' counter '' strategy or '' defensive '' strategy ? By the way , thanks very much for this technique , finally got around using the editor and just played Claudio Ranieri football with a 4-4-1-1 variant against chelsea in my first match with sunderland and lost 0-2 , it was great because we didn't play bad at all and we had some clear cut chances , so it was encouraging and posession was basically even for the whole match .

Last edited:
Hi

Nice find!

I can confirm, that the 'determination' attribute is not really linked to starting strategy. It is just, like determination for any other coaches or players, an attribute that measures how determined hard the manager is willing to work to bring success to his club.

However, I can confirm that the others attribute work like a treat in providing an excellent, basic framework to a working tactic.

For example:

1. you can start a 4-4-2, use Sir Alex' attribute to set the tempo, width, time wasting, tackling, and philosophy.

2. Then, choose the appropriate strategy, for example, Man U home against Bolton would be Attacking, Man U away to Chelsea would probably be standard or counter.

3. Assign appropriate player roles with respect to the strategy you've chosen in part 2: Important! You must maintain enough defensive shape while doing so. I.E. Just because Barcelona has a bunch of great Adv. Plymaker dosent mean they should set all their central midfielders to attacking advanced play-makers. If you start with standard you probably will have more players on support and defend than, say, if you start with control or attacking.

4. Tweak slightly player roles and instructions according to your strengths and weaknesses.

Works a treat for me!

Update:

I find, that, for my Chelsea team, I had great success using either Rafa's 4-2-3-1 (with two DMCs) or Sir Alex's 4-4-2 flat. Both of these tactics are fairly direct which probably suit my Chelsea team.

My re-created 4-3-3 tactic from Arsene Wenger, Andre-Villas Boaz and Josep Guardiola has not been as successful. All of them plays slower, shorter tempo passing which, I guess does not suit Chelsea as much. No wonder AVB is having such a hard time IRL :D

Did anybody find a 4-3-3 that plays slightly more direct?

Last edited:
Hi

Nice find!

I can confirm, that the 'determination' attribute is not really linked to starting strategy. It is just, like determination for any other coaches or players, an attribute that measures how determined hard the manager is willing to work to bring success to his club.

However, I can confirm that the others attribute work like a treat in providing an excellent, basic framework to a working tactic.

For example:

1. you can start a 4-4-2, use Sir Alex' attribute to set the tempo, width, time wasting, tackling, and philosophy.

2. Then, choose the appropriate strategy, for example, Man U home against Bolton would be Attacking, Man U away to Chelsea would probably be standard or counter.

3. Assign appropriate player roles with respect to the strategy you've chosen in part 2: Important! You must maintain enough defensive shape while doing so. I.E. Just because Barcelona has a bunch of great Adv. Plymaker dosent mean they should set all their central midfielders to attacking advanced play-makers. If you start with standard you probably will have more players on support and defend than, say, if you start with control or attacking.

4. Tweak slightly player roles and instructions according to your strengths and weaknesses.

Works a treat for me!

Update:

I find, that, for my Chelsea team, I had great success using either Rafa's 4-2-3-1 (with two DMCs) or Sir Alex's 4-4-2 flat. Both of these tactics are fairly direct which probably suit my Chelsea team.

My re-created 4-3-3 tactic from Arsene Wenger, Andre-Villas Boaz and Josep Guardiola has not been as successful. All of them plays slower, shorter tempo passing which, I guess does not suit Chelsea as much. No wonder AVB is having such a hard time IRL :D

Did anybody find a 4-3-3 that plays slightly more direct?

Thank you for your feedback... I have been so busy lately!

when i covert to classic with Acelotti and Ferguson i get awsome results but when i try guardiola or anyone with 433 i get ****, this is a stupid question but i checked on the formation for Barca and that is a 451 but the preferd formation is 433, i just don't know how to set it up, i also put togheter Mourinhos defense with Guardiolas attack to create Mourdiola! testing in the next week.

Hi

Nice find!

I have been using this tactic creating for this week and think that attacking not just decide the philosophy but also the strategy, i had great results with my real madrid and wenger save and my Biesla? and Milan save.

Awesome thread!

Although through the xls i have yet to discover any "rigid" managers? :S

has anyone got an older version of fm to find johan cruyff atributes?

When i try to copy the tactics from another manager it the document says its in read only mode. How do i change this

fantastic Theory here, Do you guys do alot of Editing for Indavidual Player instructions or Keep it Default as possible ?

anyone still have my old tactic andre villas boas style?

Hi all,

From starting this thread i was trying to make andre villas boas tactic, mix of porto and chelsea.
It was not so easy like wenger or mourinho style but finally i tweaked it to work fine.
I try to focus passing down the wings, increase forward runs, crossing and mentality for full backs and wing backs, increas wide play for wing players and that central midfielders hold up ball. Also to decrease long shots and instruct the team to only shoot once they get close to the goal. My defence goal is to push higher up the field when in possession.

I uploaded it so i am looking forward for feedback you can tweak it and all that.

View attachment 205388

Here is the link of tactic:

* after you click it you need to click again on CLICK HERE TO START DOWNLOAD FROM SENDSPACE

Download ANDRE VILLAS BOAS, PORTO (FCP, Aug 2012).tac from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here are screenshots 1st season:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/taadeportugaloverviewst.png/

Here are screenshots 2nd season: