Nani misses out on PFA shortlist

• Thread starter Thread starter sunilvk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 7K

sunilvk7

SAF greatest ever.
Reaction score
Manchester United winger Nani is reportedly the surprise omission from the list of six PFA Player of the Year nominees, although team-mate Nemanja Vidic is in contention.

Vidic is up against Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez, Arsenal's Samir Nasri, Gareth Bale of Tottenham, and two players from clubs that have struggled this season, West Ham midfielder Scott Parker and Blackpool talisman Charlie Adam, according to the Daily Mail.

For the past four seasons, Manchester United players have taken the prize voted for by their peers, with Cristiano Ronaldo (2007, 2008), followed by Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney.

Vidic will be hoping to maintain that streak but it is surprising that Nani, whose huge haul of goals and assists this season has been key to United's position atop the Premier League table, has failed to make the shortlist. There are no Chelsea players on the list despite the fact they are potentially third on the table, should their win the game in hand they hold over City.

Edit:
Nani has been nominated for young player bizarrely enough despite being 24 since last year

The Young PFA nominations are Jack Wilshere, Joe Hart, Seamus Coleman, Gareth Bale, Samir Nasri and Nani.

Nani misses out on PFA Player of the Year list - ESPN Soccernet

Soccernet - Conversations: Nani misses out on PFA shortlist

If this is true, really shocking/suprising. He was the best player in the league along with Vidic. 16 assists and close to 10 goals in the league still not even in the shortlist.

Last edited:
I'm more surprised Hernandez isn't on the list.
Coming to England and making an impact like he has is worth nothing?

Nani probably deserves to be in there more than Bale tbh. Bale had a brilliant start to the season but, along with being injured, he hasn't done a huge amount since. VdV is a very surprising omission.

Not sure it's "pathetic" - this isn't some anti-Utd bridage (although may well be because he tends to "fall over" quite a lot), but is certainly surprising and/or wrong.

If that list is true then I think the streak will be over, I think Parker, Bale and Nasri have done better than Vidic, Im still waiting for a Newcastle player to be up there, might have to wait a long time though.

Updated OP. Nani has been nominated for PFA young player of the year. Jeez.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

Nani probably deserves to be in there more than Bale tbh. Bale had a brilliant start to the season but, along with being injured, he hasn't done a huge amount since. VdV is a very surprising omission.

Not sure it's "pathetic" - this isn't some anti-Utd bridage (although may well be because he tends to "fall over" quite a lot), but is certainly surprising and/or wrong.

Yes. Pathetic was wrong choice of word. Shocking makes more sense.

Yes agree with your post. Nani and VDV deserved nomination there..

Wilshere has to win this, surely. But yes, very bizarre indeed.

I'm not sure. Nani shouldn't even get nominated for this award. He is 24. I think Bale will win this too..

Gareth Bale nominated for both PFA Player of the Year and PFA Young Player of the Year. Quite a Bale wankfest going on there isn't it?

Kompany should have got nominated instead of Bale or Nasri. He had much better season than both of them.

Nasri or Vidic will win the PFA Player of the Year award - depending on whether Arsenal or United win the league.
Wilshere has to win PFA Young Player of the Year - he's been the best young player this season without a doubt.

Bale shouldn't win either. Most of his exploits have come in the UCL, he's been pretty quiet in the EPL. 1 assist and 3 goals? Something along those lines anyway...

Nani should be up for the PFA POTY ahead of Charlie Adam - he's been good but not that good. VdV should be there ahead of Bale, because he's also in the YPOTY.

Meh, hopefully Nani's missed out because he's a total and utter ****. Players who dive and lie as much as him should miss out

Meh, hopefully Nani's missed out because he's a total and utter ****. Players who dive and lie as much as him should miss out

He doesn't dive, he just goes down easily. Not diving, because there is contact. But I agree, it is wrong of him.

When did he lie though?

Nani has almost single handedly kept united in contention, it hasn't been there defence doing them any favours but it has been an attack that has done it. And Nani has been the main protagonist in this, Rooney hasn't fired and Nani although being a winger has consistently beaten his man, provided assists an most importantly has weighed in with some important and may i add stunning goals (This all sounds all to much like another Portuguese man) As for you people who seem to condon his "antics" as diving and such, i should point out that many a player has dived and nani won't be the last, he is a remarkable talent and I would much rather see people ridiculing harsh tackles and disrespect than a simple dive, let the ref decide if Nani has dived thats why they get paid and you haters don't....On another note Bale has been good not great,VdV has been more influencial...Adam deserves his spot, his corners are fantastic and he has done an amazing job at Blackpool Nasri too has been very good, but there are more deserving players than Parker and Vidic as Vidic has been error prone and ill disiplined and Parker although been good hasn't done enough to get into my personal shortlist.

Nasri or Vidic will win the PFA Player of the Year award - depending on whether Arsenal or United win the league.
Wilshere has to win PFA Young Player of the Year - he's been the best young player this season without a doubt.

Bale shouldn't win either. Most of his exploits have come in the UCL, he's been pretty quiet in the EPL. 1 assist and 3 goals? Something along those lines anyway...

Nani should be up for the PFA POTY ahead of Charlie Adam - he's been good but not that good. VdV should be there ahead of Bale, because he's also in the YPOTY.

Voting will be done in the feb. So which club wins the league harldy matters.
Vidic has been rock solid. Shame he didn't win in 2008-09 where he was the best player in the league. Hope he wins it.

Lie? Where and when.

Ronaldo won it in 2006-07 despite being a diving ****.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Lie? Where and when.

Ronaldo won it in 2006-07 despite being a diving ****.

VDS anyone..? He has won us just as much points as any of those players has for there clubs

Kompany should have got nominated instead of Bale or Nasri. He had much better season than both of them.
Did you not see the first 4 months of the season when Nasri was phenomenal?
Bale shouldn't be in young player only, Nani should be in over him in the play of the year category.

Wilshere should take out young player quite easily.

Vidic to win surely, and Wilshere should have young player sewn up.

Back