Nani misses out on PFA shortlist

• Thread starter Thread starter sunilvk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 7K
Some real nonsense in this thread. I agree Bale is overrated, but to say he has only been 'good' for half a season is quite ridiculous.

I personally think Modric is responsible for the majority of our points this season. VDV and Bale, although they seem to earn all the plaudits from pundits and media alike, wouldn't be in the position they are without little Luka, a lot of the time.

Anyway, just to keep on topic, I am surprised Nani has missed out. He has scored a lot of goals, and the only reason I can imagine is because he isn't 'likeable', because of his antics whenever a minor gust of wind touches him.

I have to say the wrong Spurs player is in there, it should have been the Croatian maestro, I actually love him

Nani not being there is ridiculous

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

I disagree. Many players have good/ great seasons besides those on the list - Berbatov, Yaya Toure, Joey Barton, Hernandez (as someone said) - so why give it to the guy who whined and cried his way through a season he spent 70% of on the floor? Yes he was effective but the manner of his play just leads me to hate him above everyone else, and I don't think that should be rewarded.

but thats not hw its chosen, therefore wether you like him or not is irrelevant. not many people liked ronaldo, yet he won it twice in a row for being the outstanding player. good work on the exaggeration though...

but thats not hw its chosen, therefore wether you like him or not is irrelevant. not many people liked ronaldo, yet he won it twice in a row for being the outstanding player. good work on the exaggeration though...

Nani is nowhere near the player Cristiano Ronaldo is/ was at the time. Of course the fact I don't like him isn't relevant, but Nani hasn't been an outstanding player so the CR reference falls flat.

I really cba to argue about a Man United player with a Man United fan though, its possibly the hardest task on the planet. Good work on not subverting my expectations though...

Nani is nowhere near the player Cristiano Ronaldo is/ was at the time. Of course the fact I don't like him isn't relevant, but Nani hasn't been an outstanding player so the CR reference falls flat.

I really cba to argue about a Man United player with a Man United fan though, its possibly the hardest task on the planet. Good work on not subverting my expectations though...

grow up for once tubby, and realise im not the only one, and im not even arguing from bias. 9 goals and 16 assists, he is currently the standout winger in the league, and therefore should be a nominee. Never said he should win it, but his performances should put him in the nominees

besides ask anyone else on here, i show the least bias, certainly a **** of a lot less than you

Last edited:
Really surprised Nani didn't make it. Yeah he may not be physically strong hence the falling down a bit sometimes, but his talent is pretty much there for all to see, and he is a pretty dam classy player. Though I would've liked to see Parker, and perhaps Bale on there too. Have a feeling that next year though, Nani and Bale will definately be up there

Really surprised Nani didn't make it. Yeah he may not be physically strong hence the falling down a bit sometimes, but his talent is pretty much there for all to see, and he is a pretty dam classy player. Though I would've liked to see Parker, and perhaps Bale on there too. Have a feeling that next year though, Nani and Bale will definately be up there

Torn between Parker and Vidic to win it, Parker just edging it

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

never learn from so many warnings, if you cant bother to make an argument without insults, dont bother

Torn between Parker and Vidic to win it, Parker just edging it

Have to admit, I like Vidic because, well he's obviously a quality defender. But the way Parker has played his heart and soul out this season, for a potentially losing cause, has been simply incredible. Would be great if he got it.

Have to admit, I like Vidic because, well he's obviously a quality defender. But the way Parker has played his heart and soul out this season, for a potentially losing cause, has been simply incredible. Would be great if he got it.

He has been fantastic, finally getting the plaudits his play deserved

I think Vincent Kompany is more deserving of a place on the list than Nani IMO.
I want Parker to win but I don't think he will as I feel Vidic will edge it.

So the top scorer (berba) and the player with the most assists by a mile (nani) arnt on the list, I must say i lol'd. Also Kompany should be on that list. Seriously Nasri on that list? 1 assist all season :S

But we get everything Ronan, Look vidic is terrible, he shouldnt even be on there :/

If we have to choose a list of 6 players it would have to be:
Kompany
Nani
Barton (his attitude has improved greatly, and another MOM performance against Wolves)
Parker
Hernandez
Van Der Sar
Surprised that Nani isn't on the list it's quite ridiculous.

Surprised at people saying Nasri shouldn't be there. Same amount of assists and 2 more goals than Bale.. Slowed a little (also down to injury) in 2011 but generally has been excelllent.

Apparently Savage said Wilshere shouldn't be on the Young PFA list. oO)

Surprised at people saying Nasri shouldn't be there. Same amount of assists and 2 more goals than Bale.. Slowed a little (also down to injury) in 2011 but generally has been excelllent.

Silly thing to say by Savage. Wilshere is a great talent. Muppet

bale, it seems having a good couple of games merits you to be player of the year...should easily be vdv or modric instead of him. nani should also be there.

Ignore Savage he said in november vidic was having a bad year and it wont improve unles Rio gets fit. he is a mong..

Kompany and Nani instead of Bale and Nasri ;)

Savage is a muppet though. Wilshere is just 18-19 and played well to deserve nomination.

Is it just me or is Modric slightly underrated? Obv. no one claims he isn't any good, but he tends to get overshadowed a bit by VdV and Bale at Spurs atm.. Been superb all season. (It killed me to say that)

I don't see any point in Man Utd fans complaining about Nani not being in the shortlist as they most likely have the league to look forward to.

Kompany and Nani instead of Bale and Nasri ;)

Savage is a muppet though. Wilshere is just 18-19 and played well to deserve nomination.

But defenders never seem to win it... Nor do GKs

I don't see any point in Man Utd fans complaining about Nani not being in the shortlist as they most likely have the league to look forward to.

Not the point at all? And no one's *complaining*, just saying that he should be in there because, well, he should.

Back