Nani misses out on PFA shortlist

• Thread starter Thread starter sunilvk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 7K
Bale is the most overrated player ever, with Adam in close 2nd.
Bale has had 2/3 above average games in the league this season and he is on both shortlists :S

Tevez & Nani to win each category if they are correct. However it will probably be Bale % Bale.

Why is Doyle not there :(.

The wrong Spurs player is on the list anyway. Van der Vart has been more impressive than bale as well as playing a lot more games than him. Bale, while being a class player has gotten far too much attention. I reckon Lennon has done just as well as him, but its because Bale has only been a winger for the last couple of years that he is getting the attention. I agree with the rest of the nominees though. Uniteds defence has been our main attribute for the past couple of seasons and Vidic definitely deserves it over Nani. Too often centre backs miss out on such awards because a midfielder or striker has scored or assisted so many times in the season. What about the guys that keep the ball out of the net at the other end???

Lie? Where and when.

Ronaldo won it in 2006-07 despite being a diving ****.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Lie? Where and when.

Ronaldo won it in 2006-07 despite being a diving ****.

It's lying when he dives.

The wrong Spurs player is on the list anyway. Van der Vart has been more impressive than bale as well as playing a lot more games than him. Bale, while being a class player has gotten far too much attention. I reckon Lennon has done just as well as him, but its because Bale has only been a winger for the last couple of years that he is getting the attention. I agree with the rest of the nominees though. Uniteds defence has been our main attribute for the past couple of seasons and Vidic definitely deserves it over Nani. Too often centre backs miss out on such awards because a midfielder or striker has scored or assisted so many times in the season. What about the guys that keep the ball out of the net at the other end???

I agree on Bale he had a great start to the season. Then people copped on to the fact that all he does is knock the ball past his opponent and beat them for pace. He rarely performs technical genius to get round the defender, so all clubs need to do is not leave space behind their full backs. Charlie Adam on the other hand has been one of the most productive players of the season, with great performances, goals and assists this season. He did all that in a Blackpool team that without him would simply already be relegated. How exactly does this make him over-rated?

I'm not surprised. All credit to him, but just one big season is not going to get you on such a prestigious list. All six of the contenders have been stalwarts for their respective clubs for more than a season, or even for previous clubs before joining their current one. Vidic has been a crucial figure in Manchester United's defence, Nasri has been arguably Arsenal's most consistent winger out of Walcott and Arshavin and Tevez is the mainstay figure in City's attacking line-up. The addition of Dzeko just brings aerial dominance and a much bigger target man.

I'm not surprised. All credit to him, but just one big season is not going to get you on such a prestigious list. All six of the contenders have been stalwarts for their respective clubs for more than a season, or even for previous clubs before joining their current one. Vidic has been a crucial figure in Manchester United's defence, Nasri has been arguably Arsenal's most consistent winger out of Walcott and Arshavin and Tevez is the mainstay figure in City's attacking line-up. The addition of Dzeko just brings aerial dominance and a much bigger target man.

Bale, Charlie Adam had one good season. In fact Bale had half good season and also Nasri (This year his form has dropped very much).

And also these awards are for the performances in this season, not how good and consistent you are/were for few seasons.

Last edited:
Bale & Adam not so much.

If this is 100% true its just wrong!!!

I disagree. Many players have good/ great seasons besides those on the list - Berbatov, Yaya Toure, Joey Barton, Hernandez (as someone said) - so why give it to the guy who whined and cried his way through a season he spent 70% of on the floor? Yes he was effective but the manner of his play just leads me to hate him above everyone else, and I don't think that should be rewarded.

Some real nonsense in this thread. I agree Bale is overrated, but to say he has only been 'good' for half a season is quite ridiculous.

I personally think Modric is responsible for the majority of our points this season. VDV and Bale, although they seem to earn all the plaudits from pundits and media alike, wouldn't be in the position they are without little Luka, a lot of the time.

Anyway, just to keep on topic, I am surprised Nani has missed out. He has scored a lot of goals, and the only reason I can imagine is because he isn't 'likeable', because of his antics whenever a minor gust of wind touches him.

the only one who should win is scott parker...brilliant in EVERY game he has played this season.

They must be judging this on one game against Inter in a different competition rather than premier league statistics:

Nani: Goals - 9 Assists - 16 (5 more than anybody else)

Bale: Goals - 7 Assists - 1

i think demi berbatov should of been given a look instead of a few of those players. i know as a man utd fan he can be a really lazy and at times doesn't look interested but his contribution is unreal. 28 games 20 goals and 3 assiats. thats just under a 1/3 of our goals in the league. he definatly deserves a place more than bale. i also think vdv should of got a look and also nani.

Omg why :( Nasri should be in the shortlist too, instead of young player

Dosent matter if he is in it or not, Parker has been the most consistant and deserves to win.

i think demi berbatov should of been given a look instead of a few of those players. i know as a man utd fan he can be a really lazy and at times doesn't look interested but his contribution is unreal. 28 games 20 goals and 3 assiats. thats just under a 1/3 of our goals in the league. he definatly deserves a place more than bale. i also think vdv should of got a look and also nani.

Back