Nani Signs New 4 Year Deal At United

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 3K
Is it possible to have a view on a contract signing? He signed a new contract, footballers do it all the time :S

There are a lot of people saying that he should have been sold and was not worth the fabric of the shirt etc. I'm sure people will have something to say on whether he was deserving of a new contract etc.

There are a lot of people saying that he should have been sold and was not worth the fabric of the shirt etc. I'm sure people will have something to say on whether he was deserving of a new contract etc.

Oh right didn't know that. He's not that bad... No where near as terrible as Anderson who was probably the biggest waste of money ever.. Although I guess people could start to hate him [Nani] as he is supposed to be the new Ronaldo, which he can never be.

Oh right didn't know that. He's not that bad... No where near as terrible as Anderson who was probably the biggest waste of money ever.. Although I guess people could start to hate him [Nani] as he is supposed to be the new Ronaldo, which he can never be.

If I'm honest, I think Anderson has been decent, but yeah not worth nearly as much as what we paid for him.
Back on topic, I think it's a good thing for Nani to sign a new contract. He's starting to show his potential finally and I think he can only improve from now.

When Nani plays well he is absolutely fantastic. I'm a big fan of his. The incredible ball against Milan, the amazing first touch in the counter attack against Arsenal which resulted in Rooney scoring. He was also terrific against City in the CC. He has shown many glimpses of what a talent he is so I think this is a good deal for United.

On Anderson, I think we have yet to see the best. He was looking very good at Porto when I had seen him play so it's sad he has lost his goal scoring touch, especially considering he hasn't seemed to have added enough to his game.

Definately agree with that Deano. I think he has the potential to be a world beater.

Good deal for utd even if they wanted to replace nani with someone else i dont think man utd can afford it right now nani is a decent player i think a lot of people disregard him cause its only natural to compare him to ronaldo ronaldo is a different class from a lot of players not just nani nani does the job for man utd although sometimes hes very poor but other times hes good this season hes been a little more consistant and seems to be playing more games

Cannot disagree more. Nani is more predictable than an East Enders storyline,He is ball gready and one of the most inconsistant players i have ever seen.

Really? He's torn Arsenal to bits several times, and has turned in good performances against some top sides. Inconsistancy is a big detriment to him but once again he is 23 and will get that with time. I still think his ability is top class and slowly bur surely they are drilling a good work ethic into him at OT.

I agree with that aswell tbh. I think when he was out of the team for a few months he must have been working very hard because I think if you watch him now you can see that he makes the more sensible option. He is not afraid to pass the ball backwards now rather than trying to beat the player even if there is possibility of it happening. I think he's finally beginning to develop into a mature footballer, and with that comes quality. Hopefully he will gain consistency with confidence and start turning these performances into weekly things not 3 times a season like he normally does.

Nice to see. He's really improved in the latter stages of this season.|)

XD What are you on about?

Nani has got a new contract so Ferguson obviously think he is good enough.:S
Nani is not ****. simples.:P
Fergie also paid £32m for Berbatov. :P

Nani has potential but he doesn't show it enough imo, but yeah he's still young so time is on his side.

Nani cost 18million quid which is a big outlay compared to the performances hes put in over the past few years.

He was a bit part player under the shadow of Ronaldo. Once the winker left he seemed to think he was going to instantly become the next big thing, possibly becasue he seems to have so much confidence (arrogance) in his own ability. For most of this season hes been *****, The Arsenal and Milan games aside hes been inconsistent and very one dimensional.
I think he can turn it around though, Ronaldo was a one trick pony when Fergie signed him, no doubt Fergie thinks he can mould Nani into a great player also.

Really rated Aderson based on the glimpses id seen of him at Porto and also the Brazilian national youth teams, where he appeared to be a goalscoring playmaker in the mould of a more mobile Paul Scholes. He had a long term knee injury just before we signed him and hasnt looked the same since. I also think hes been played in a deeper, more defensive role, possibly to improve him and create an all round midfielder. If we get Hargreaves back any time soon then hopefully Fergie will release the shackles on Anderson and let him loose in the final third :)

Last edited:
Nani cost 18million quid which is a big outlay compared to the performances hes put in over the past few years.

He was a bit part player under the shadow of Ronaldo. Once the winker left he seemed to think he was going to instantly become the next big thing, possibly becasue he seems to have so much confidence (arrogance) in his own ability. For most of this season hes been *****, The Arsenal and Milan games aside hes been inconsistent and very one dimensional.

Exactly my point! He is 23 now too, you wonder how much longer it will take him to get there.

Exactly my point! He is 23 now too, you wonder how much longer it will take him to get there.
he is a good player with the wrong mentaility, but i think he'll get there soon enough, ferguson must have seen enough of an improvement in that for him to offer a new deal

Nani is a good player. Sometimes he suffers from over-confidence but don't most young players do? He's still better than Walcott anyway :P

Back