Nani Signs New 4 Year Deal At United

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 3K
Nani cost 18million quid which is a big outlay compared to the performances hes put in over the past few years.

He was a bit part player under the shadow of Ronaldo. Once the winker left he seemed to think he was going to instantly become the next big thing, possibly becasue he seems to have so much confidence (arrogance) in his own ability. For most of this season hes been *****, The Arsenal and Milan games aside hes been inconsistent and very one dimensional.
I think he can turn it around though, Ronaldo was a one trick pony when Fergie signed him, no doubt Fergie thinks he can mould Nani into a great player also.

Really rated Aderson based on the glimpses id seen of him at Porto and also the Brazilian national youth teams, where he appeared to be a goalscoring playmaker in the mould of a more mobile Paul Scholes. He had a long term knee injury just before we signed him and hasnt looked the same since. I also think hes been played in a deeper, more defensive role, possibly to improve him and create an all round midfielder. If we get Hargreaves back any time soon then hopefully Fergie will release the shackles on Anderson and let him loose in the final third :)

Totally agree with what you say about Anderson-some of the passes he plays sometimes are incredible-he has great attacking talent, but it seems to have been curbed by SAF somewhat because he has such energy as well.

On to Nani-I'm glad he's signed a new deal. I've always said given a good run, he can show what he can do. He's been good this year, and i think may cement a first team place next year.

It's a shame Valencia can't learn to use his left foot, because we could switch those two on the wings. Nani can play both, and does very well on the right, but cos Valencia can't switch (as much as I like him), Nani gets stuck on the left.

Nani has the ability, he just hasn't shown it yet.
Most of the top teams have a player like him to be honest.
Babel at L'pool, Kalou at Chelsea, Walcott at Arsenal.

Isn't Messi younger than Ronaldo though ;)

Nani has the ability, he just hasn't shown it yet.
Most of the top teams have a player like him to be honest.
Babel at L'pool, Kalou at Chelsea, Walcott at Arsenal.

Sorry but I would take Nani over those three any day. Especially Walcott, he plays like a headless chicken.

does nani remind anyone else of a young cristiano ronaldo?
ball greedy and incosistent.

Isn't Messi younger than Ronaldo though ;)

Doesn't Messi play in a two-horse race league? HAHA. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if C. Ronaldo scores 50 league goals next season. Wasn't Guiza once top goal scorer or something? LOL. That says a alot about the quality of the defence in La Liga.. (A)

Im fairly happy he signed, he's a decent squad player to have
But for the love of god we need a world class winger
Give Nani a year more or two and see where he is
For now, buy Franck Ribery

Im fairly happy he signed, he's a decent squad player to have
But for the love of god we need a world class winger
Give Nani a year more or two and see where he is
For now, buy Franck Ribery
that wouldnt work, you cant just buy ribery for a few seasons, besides:

1) hes injury prone

2) he hasnt actually been very good this year, robben has totally outshone him

3)buying ribery means putting nani on the bench, thus stunting any improvement

4)he'd cost at least 30 million, money that could be spent in better areas like GK, to replace VDS, or upfront for a good 3rd striker to help rooney and dimi

5)hes an incredibly disruptive player, sooner or later he'd cause a rift, and someone like rooney would give him one

You guys may think i'm talking rubbish in this post, but i was really pleased with Nani against Bolton. On the left hand side, when he assisted both the 3rd and 4th goal, the way he twisted and turned, a season ago, he'd twist and turn, get onto his right foot and hammer it towards goal. Yesterday, he made two great passes instead of shooting and that just shows how much he's learning, I rarely see Nani shoot anymore, it shows he's becoming a real midfielder rather than a hit and hope youngster.

does nani remind anyone else of a young cristiano ronaldo?
ball greedy and incosistent.

No, not anymore. He's been really good this year and has set up alot of goals.

Doesn't Messi play in a two-horse race league? HAHA. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if C. Ronaldo scores 50 league goals next season. Wasn't Guiza once top goal scorer or something? LOL. That says a alot about the quality of the defence in La Liga.. (A)

Dion Dublin was once top scorer in the PL. Don't talk *****. Guiza was a decent striker.

You guys may think i'm talking rubbish in this post, but i was really pleased with Nani against Bolton. On the left hand side, when he assisted both the 3rd and 4th goal, the way he twisted and turned, a season ago, he'd twist and turn, get onto his right foot and hammer it towards goal. Yesterday, he made two great passes instead of shooting and that just shows how much he's learning, I rarely see Nani shoot anymore, it shows he's becoming a real midfielder rather than a hit and hope youngster.

Spot on, he played really well and is showing some consistency. Set up two goals very nicely.

Certainly a good player, could easily become a great one. I think he has become a much better team player this season and he doesn't try silly shots as much any more, Darron Gibson does that now.

Certainly a good player, could easily become a great one. I think he has become a much better team player this season and he doesn't try silly shots as much any more, Darron Gibson does that now.
urgh gibson, some people keep touting him as the next paul scholes. NOT A CHANCE IN ****. he can barely shoot like scholes, let alone play like him, his overall play is average at best

really played well against bolton yesterday hes starting to find more and more consistency

as for buying ribery i hope we don't as he is well over priced i read he has the same knee problems as hargreaves and we need to strengthen other parts of the pitch as well as the wing

Jake's post is pretty much how I see Nani. Expensive and inconsistent but with a lot of talent. If he's got the attitude to knuckle down, then he'll be a very good player.

Not surprised that he's been signed to a longer contract - to do anything else would be risking flushing the best part of 20m quid down the drain, but if he isn't more consistent next season, then I think he'll be heading to somewhere like Sunderland for a fraction of what he cost.

urgh gibson, some people keep touting him as the next paul scholes. NOT A CHANCE IN ****. he can barely shoot like scholes, let alone play like him, his overall play is average at best

Come he is a youbg lad. learning the trade, you cant expect him to be able to shoot and play like scholes yet. i think he is a big part of a post ferguson united. which is what fergie is grooming him for.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

that wouldnt work, you cant just buy ribery for a few seasons, besides:

1) hes injury prone

2) he hasnt actually been very good this year, robben has totally outshone him

3)buying ribery means putting nani on the bench, thus stunting any improvement

4)he'd cost at least 30 million, money that could be spent in better areas like GK, to replace VDS, or upfront for a good 3rd striker to help rooney and dimi

5)hes an incredibly disruptive player, sooner or later he'd cause a rift, and someone like rooney would give him one

1) he has an one bad injury.

2) He has been injured and want to leave. hence not trying

3) squad rotation, everyone would still get Games

4) We got Machedaa and Welbeck. surely buying another striker would stunt there growth. 30million is a steal.

5) SAF would set him straight.

Back