Nani the new Ronaldo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know why I'm defending him, I'm a Liverpool fan but I guess you just have to admire good players no matter what your allegiance. No he won't ever be as good as Ronaldo, but if he's half as good then he's still a **** good player is he not?

As I and several other said earlier, he will never fill the goal void himself left by Ronaldo - 40 goals a season is insane for any player, never mind a winger. But he may help fill that void by creating goals for other players.

Nani is half as technical as Ronaldo is, plus Ronaldo is much more consistant. Nani is only good when he wants to be.

Nani will not be as good as Ronaldo, sad to say. But comparing them is not fair because Nani is playing a completely different role then Ronaldo did. And goals don't measure everything.

Nani is Portuguese, so is Ronaldo, one still plays for United, one left.. that's basically their comparisons. Nani is a winger.. Ronaldo is a striker masquerading as a winger. Two different players

Nani is half as technical as Ronaldo is, plus Ronaldo is much more consistant. Nani is only good when he wants to be.
apart from having a hand in 33 of united goals this season... yep he is inconsistent....

NO because nani is a winger, ronaldo is a striker playing wide forward, they are completely different, only the pundits and the lazy will make the comparison

They're completely different, but Nani will be key to United for a long time. He's probably the only United player I like tbh

never ever bring this topic up a again CR7 best player in the world IMO Nani isn't even a poor man's Ronaldo saying that is an insult to Ronaldo

never ever bring this topic up a again CR7 best player in the world IMO Nani isn't even a poor man's Ronaldo saying that is an insult to Ronaldo
sigh.... they are different players entirely, so no need for your rhetoric

No. Ronaldo is better and a different type of player.

sigh.... they are different players entirely, so no need for your rhetoric

Not completely different both play on the wing
both like ball at there feet
both are quite selfish

and i was just trying to show the difference in class between the two players

They bring different abilities / skills to the table and cant really be compared with each other. Nani is an awesome player in his own right and easily been Uniteds best player this season. I'l leave it at that.

Not completely different both play on the wing
both like ball at there feet
both are quite selfish

and i was just trying to show the difference in class between the two players
completely different

Ronaldo is an inside forward, whose sole aim to drive at goal from wide

nani is a winger, who crosses/runs/shoots when needs

Fat Ronaldo > Ronaldo > Lee Sharpe > Nani > Obertan

completely different

Ronaldo is an inside forward, whose sole aim to drive at goal from wide

nani is a winger, who crosses/runs/shoots when needs

I agree that Ronaldo is inside forward but he still takes on FB like nani

Still drives at goal like nani

Still crosses like nani maybe not as much but still does

they both work best when they are one on one with a defender

and when i ball is at their feet

No, he's Nani. Don't see why we need to always be making comparisons between Players X and Y, just let them play and make their own name.

Here he is talking about the comparisons: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6781301,00.html

"Nani has inevitably been likened to compatriot and ex-United ace Cristiano Ronaldo during his time at the club.

But while the winger says he is friends with the Real Madrid star, he has shrugged off any comparisons.

"I don't compare myself to Ronaldo or anyone else, I just think about myself and the club and what I can do for them," he said.

"I know people liken me to Cristiano but I just want to be Nani, a good player who people enjoy watching."

He added: "We are good friends. He spoke to me before the Marseille game and wished me good luck. He always tells me how well I am doing."

Despite his prolific form this season, Nani says he is still working on his game in order to reach his full potential.

Improve
"I hope to improve much more," he added.

"It is good for your confidence to know people are looking at you to win matches for the team. When you are on the pitch, it means you want the ball all the time because everything is going so well.

"I know, though, that I can do better. That is why I'm training hard every day and staying fit for every game."

No, he's Nani. Don't see why we need to always be making comparisons between Players X and Y, just let them play and make their own name.

Here he is talking about the comparisons: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6781301,00.html

"Nani has inevitably been likened to compatriot and ex-United ace Cristiano Ronaldo during his time at the club.

But while the winger says he is friends with the Real Madrid star, he has shrugged off any comparisons.

"I don't compare myself to Ronaldo or anyone else, I just think about myself and the club and what I can do for them," he said.

"I know people liken me to Cristiano but I just want to be Nani, a good player who people enjoy watching."

He added: "We are good friends. He spoke to me before the Marseille game and wished me good luck. He always tells me how well I am doing."

Despite his prolific form this season, Nani says he is still working on his game in order to reach his full potential.

Improve
"I hope to improve much more," he added.

"It is good for your confidence to know people are looking at you to win matches for the team. When you are on the pitch, it means you want the ball all the time because everything is going so well.

"I know, though, that I can do better. That is why I'm training hard every day and staying fit for every game."