Nani the new Ronaldo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nani wouldnt be as good as Ronaldo's weaker boot, he is good, but not top class, there is only 4 or 5 top class players anyway :/

Yes, not as a player though
He's just as selfish and arrogant as Ronaldo and he's also not against the occasional dive

They're completely different, but Nani will be key to United for a long time. He's probably the only United player I like tbh

I agree with this...nani is a better winger but ronaldo is a world class inside forward (2 very different roles). Nani like anyone has the potential to reach the elite if he carries on the way he is...man u's best player this season...and good luck to him

I agree that Ronaldo is inside forward but he still takes on FB like nani

Still drives at goal like nani

Still crosses like nani maybe not as much but still does

they both work best when they are one on one with a defender

and when i ball is at their feet
that could be said bout any wideplayer. they are different players in style and roles, thats a fact

Nani wouldnt be as good as Ronaldo's weaker boot, he is good, but not top class, there is only 4 or 5 top class players anyway :/

I disagree:

Iker Casillas
Julio Cesar
Petr Cech
Sergio Ramos
Dani Alves
Nemanja Vidic
Giorgio Chiellini
Lucio
Gerard Pique
Phillip Lahm
Ashley Cole
Michael Essien
Steven Gerrard
Xavi
Andres Iniesta
Kaka
Cesc Fabregas
Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
David Villa
Fernando Torres (on form)
Wayne Rooney
Carlos Tevez

All world class for me. Nani is not there yet, very good player in good form though.

No he is not C.Ronaldo nor will he ever be, even though they play different roles they are still in a similar position with a similar style of play except C.Ronaldo is more goal orientated and better. That being said Nani plays a role for ManUtd and plays that role well and that ultimately is what counts.

I disagree:

-LIST OF DOOM-

All world class for me. Nani is not there yet, very good player in good form though.

Oh dear. Won't be long before people start criticising the list. ;) You missed out Victor Valdes, Buffon, Higuain, Cambiasso, Drogba, Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Daniele De Rossi, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Arjen Robben, Wesley Sneijder, Samuel Eto'o, Walter Samuel and Marc Albrighton, for example. (6)

ok lots of different opinions here so i decided to make a poll to settle it

I think under the guidance of Fergie for a few more years, then he can become United's most pivotal player. He has shown some excellent form this season though.

Though I believe Ronaldo will never be remembered as a legend, there's no way you can compare Nani with hiim. Nani is a good top quality player, no more and no less.

But when you compare him with Ronaldo, the only thing we find Nani capable of is spoiling all Ronaldo's effort when that latter almost scores a legendary goal against World Cup champions! xD

Last edited:
Oh dear. Won't be long before people start criticising the list. ;) You missed out Victor Valdes, Buffon, Higuain, Cambiasso, Drogba, Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Daniele De Rossi, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Arjen Robben, Wesley Sneijder, Samuel Eto'o, Walter Samuel and Marc Albrighton, for example. (6)

That was off the top of my head although yeah, I was debating whether to put Albrighton on there inbetween Messi and Ronaldo. ;)

2 best players in the world skill-wise

Messi
Ronaldo

Nani does not even come close to Ronaldo, and imo Messi is even better than Ronaldo

Ofc there are other top class players, but the best players in the world is a shortlist of 2 players - both listed above.

I disagree:

Iker Casillas
Julio Cesar
Petr Cech
Sergio Ramos
Dani Alves
Nemanja Vidic
Giorgio Chiellini
Lucio
Gerard Pique
Phillip Lahm
Ashley Cole
Michael Essien
Steven Gerrard
Xavi
Andres Iniesta
Kaka
Cesc Fabregas
Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
David Villa
Fernando Torres (on form)
Wayne Rooney
Carlos Tevez

Hahaha, thats funny, you have alot of poor players up there for a list of world class players, all are better then Nani

apart from having a hand in 33 of united goals this season... yep he is inconsistent....

NO because nani is a winger, ronaldo is a striker playing wide forward, they are completely different, only the pundits and the lazy will make the comparison

Don't tell me that, ell the author of the thread.

But when you compare him with Ronaldo, the only thing we find Nani capable of is spoiling all Ronaldo's effort when that latter almost scores a legendary goal against World Cup champions! xD
indeed :'(

i actually like nani but ronaldo is way up

i'd love to know why people think Nani is/will be better than Ronaldo

TBF , I don't personally like either of them but I must say Nani is nowhere near as good as Ronaldo and never will be.
I do not like Ronaldo's attitude but I admit he is a very talented player ( not close to Messi though ) whereas Nani is just ........................ :S