Near death experience

I blasted caravan nearly knocked me over while on my bike on Saturday. Glad to hear you are all right!

i had a near death experience last summer, when two gipsies tried to robb me, in oporto you have to be carefull . i was heading home with a friend, i suddenly one of them came out behind a car and told me to give him my cell and cash, i didnt of course. my friend didnt do **** because he was being held by a 12 year old --' anyway, me and the guy were fighting, but he was much bigger than me, when i managed somehow to throw him on the ground, somehow he got up and gave me a kick in the head, my head bounced on the pavement and i fell asleep, no reaction , no nothing. he ranway because (PEOPLE WERE STARTING TO SHOW UP finally, and because he killed me) . i'm only telling you this because my chicken **** friend told me because i dont remember a single thing --' if the guy passed right by me, i wouldnt recognize him ..

sorry for such a long post and my english ..

Some pikies in thier pikey-wagon came round a blind corner on the wrong side of the road heading straight for me a couple of years back.

Anyone who has heard of Fenland or 'The Fens' may know that many of our roads have deep drainage channels and many rivers running adjacent to them. Many people who go into the water in a car do not come out alive as the deep layer of soft silt jams their doors shut. Whenever a car goes in another one that no-one knew about (often with bodies inside, and often a few years old) is quite often found nearby during the recovery of the original. In the 80's the IRA in England used the area as a very good way to dispose of people they no longer needed without a trace.

I was faced with a choice of taking the hit from this huge pickup truck in my little tin can of a VW Golf or risking a dip in the water.
Ive never been so **** scared in my life, struggling to work your door open as your car sinks is not a nice feeling at all. Needless to say the pikies didnt hang around to see if i was ok. My phone was soaked so i had to wait 2 hours (during December at about 2am) for it to dry out and make a call to Mum and Dad to rescue me as i was in the middle of nowhere.

We came back the next day and towed my car out, luckily there was nothing majorly wrong with it other than water damage to the interior.

@ Jake: how the **** did you get outta the car? :O

You were certainly lucky.

I've had a couple of "near death experiences".

First one was when I was very, very young... I can't remember my exact age, but I was definitely an infant. I was at some kind of event with my parents, and I had somehow managed to toddle off into a swimming pool and must have gone under. Now clearly I wasn't able to swim at that point, and I was told that I was just flailing around until my dad jumped in and pulled me out. They eventually cleared my lungs.

Second one was when I used to play hockey for my school. We were on a trip to the Netherlands to play some of the teams there (it's their national sport, and they were crazy-good). I was in town with a couple of my friends and we had somehow managed to slip down a side alley. Anyway, some older kid and his friends came up to us and he grabbed me by my neck, and started yelling at me in Dutch. I had no idea what he was saying, but he brandished a knife on me and started waving it around at me and my friends. At this point, my friends ran off out of fear and I had the sense to slam my elbow into his ribs and I literally sprinted all the way back to the hotel. I'm guessing he wanted money or something.

Not sure if the second one counts, as he may not have used the knife. *shrug* The amusing thing is that I've never been mugged, or attempted to be mugged, in England. Yet I spend one week in Holland and I'm assaulted. :O

I'll let you guys know when I suffer a horrific car accident and come out unscathed. :)
Haha, nice one;)

@ mashedpotatoes- you need to be over a certain age on fm so i just put a random year in
@ Kris - im actually not joking

@ mashedpotatoes- you need to be over a certain age on fm so i just put a random year in
@ Kris - im actually not joking

my only near death experiance was when i got drunk a few weeks ago for the first time ( im only 12 :p)

Drinking at 12...
a bit chavy don't you think, and just because you are 12, doesn't make you a cool kid:S

@ Jake: how the **** did you get outta the car? :O

Being a local resident means i know the fen roads (and the silty bottomed drainage channels that run alongside them) very well. I knew i was going into the water so i prepared myself for the impact and opened the door as soon as i was in the water. Im lead to believe that most people get trapped in their car because the shock/panic they experience when first entering the water means vital seconds are wasted, by then then car is well and truly wedged and there is little chance of escape.

A moment of real calmness i guess, i had a totally clear head and everything seemed to go into slow motion. I have no doubt that preparing myself for the crash a second or so before it happened and acting calmly and methodically (rather than screaming my head off and panicking) when entering the water saved my life.

Yeah I also remained strangely calm. That survival basic instinct I guess

I posted this on the scariest thing you've ever seen thread and it should be in here.. So yeah..

I manage to crack my head open in Germany. My second personal near death experience. I was playing that 'Peekaboo' game when I was younger and he did it to me, I turned and ran head first into the point of a solid wall. I cracked the top of my head open, blood was rushing down my face and I had to go to a german hospital, I've now got a big scar at the top of my head, and was pretty wary of walls after that.

The worst near death I had was laughed at by my parents, but I was so scared. I was snorkelling around Spain with my Dad, my sister and an instructor. The instructor led the way into this cave, this was last year btw. And fair play, the cave was pretty cool, just off the coast, but then he turned to me and said that we were going to go into the next cave and I actually had no idea where to go and I just followed him, then right in front of me, almost pitch black, he dived underwater and swam out of my sight into the darkness.. Of course, I was next.. So I just tried to follow his path, I took a deep breathe and just dived under and tried to swim. Then I got stuck in pitch black. I was so scared and was panicing underwater, I couldn't breathe and it was pitch black, I didn't know how to get out of the water, so I just kept flapping around underwater, hitting my head against the side of the rock. I did actually think at one point "This is it" and just thought maybe I was going to die, but then I just kept trying to find a way out of my situation and eventually and somehow, I still can't work it out.. But I managed to get to the otherside of this underwater passage and I just threw my snorkelling stuff off and just breathed like mad, that instructor was the biggest **** ever. It was so freaky..

I haven't really experienced that much in all honesty.

Two Years back, I was on a ski trip with the school, All was going well it was on like the third day so we was just starting to try more steep slopes anyway we got to this corner and my ski got caught over the top of my other ski, I couldn't turn I ski ied straight past the saftey barrier and was about 5 metres from falling a 30 ft drop when I just threw my self to the floor, I was in shock for like 2 hours after, My mates saw the funny side, my instrucor didnt , i was moved down :( but other than that nothing seroiusly bad)

lol, no offence, but i almost died today, you think I'm bothered about other threads? And this is different, its not the "scariest thing" i've ever seen

@paul: thanks mate:D

Ur a legend mate. Im glad ur a life. to God be all the glory. haha wow that was close. *Claim compensation* lol.

Two Years back, I was on a ski trip with the school, All was going well it was on like the third day so we was just starting to try more steep slopes anyway we got to this corner and my ski got caught over the top of my other ski, I couldn't turn I ski ied straight past the saftey barrier and was about 5 metres from falling a 30 ft drop when I just threw my self to the floor, I was in shock for like 2 hours after, My mates saw the funny side, my instrucor didnt , i was moved down :( but other than that nothing seroiusly bad)

I hate that with something unfortunate or horrific, someone always finds the funny side. :S

A perfect example was last week, me and my mates were looking out of a window from a class, watching the school day go by and a guy we know fell over and of course we all ****** ourselves laughing.. Then we found out that he broke his wrist. oO)

This may sound wierd and i'm sure someone will hurl abuse at me but I actually want to experience something near death or something that I can tell a story about.. I'd probably regret saying that, but I want to experience that in a really strange, non-emo way. The same feeling I get when i'm curious of how it feels to break a bone and in a way, i'd want to experience it to feel it, but yeah, really hard to explain.

I hate that with something unfortunate or horrific, someone always finds the funny side. :S

A perfect example was last week, me and my mates were looking out of a window from a class, watching the school day go by and a guy we know fell over and of course we all ****** ourselves laughing.. Then we found out that he broke his wrist. oO)

This may sound wierd and i'm sure someone will hurl abuse at me but I actually want to experience something near death or something that I can tell a story about.. I'd probably regret saying that, but I want to experience that in a really strange, non-emo way. The same feeling I get when i'm curious of how it feels to break a bone and in a way, i'd want to experience it to feel it, but yeah, really hard to explain.
That bit actually made me laugh myself, as I could imagine it happening lol

well my only near death experience was... i was on my dirt bike in a field i soared up to 50mph and there was a rock which i didnt see my bike lifted to the air and i fell off i was in hospital 1 week but thats not as close as yours plus sorry everyone i was a **** before

sprag365 said:
my only near death experiance was when i got drunk a few weeks ago for the first time ( im only 12 :p)
nd tryed to do a back flip on my bike to impress the girls. It failed and i landed on my head :L

nd good to hear you ok mate :)

Drinking isn't big or clever. I haven't really had anything like this and I've never broke any bones either. Glad to see your alive and well.