@bencollen the tactics I made were not working at all, not very surprising given my record with tactics!

I'm about to try what miguelalves suggested

@bencollen the tactics I made were not working at all, not very surprising given my record with tactics!

I'm about to try what miguelalves suggested
I am having the same problem. I am ptting them in the strongest position and getting no result. The oposition just seems to walk past them. But when we have the ball we are takled straight away. Cant get a shot on target. May have to try your tactic. If thats ok.

I am having the same problem. I am ptting them in the strongest position and getting no result. The oposition just seems to walk past them. But when we have the ball we are takled straight away. Cant get a shot on target. May have to try your tactic. If thats ok.

View attachment 463380

Starting to have a bit more success with this mate

What player instructions have you gone with.

I haven't used any, I didn't want to over complicate it.

If you're going to use the tactic make sure you change the style from attacking to counter depending on who the opposition is.

View attachment 463345

As you can see aside from the cup game I've been doing very well!

Mr Carroll

So harsh that all West Ham FM fans have to start this season off by trying to find someone to fill Andy's boots for 7 months :-( First time round I got Crouchy for ?1M but he flopped so restarted and trying out a 20 year old Argentine instead.

4-1-2-2-1 too

So harsh that all West Ham FM fans have to start this season off by trying to find someone to fill Andy's boots for 7 months :-( First time round I got Crouchy for ?1M but he flopped so restarted and trying out a 20 year old Argentine instead.

4-1-2-2-1 too

Agreed, I've just got to the point where he's fit but not fully match fit. I used Vaz Te as my striker for most of the season, Petric doesn't score for me and Maiga is awful. I should of signed Carlton Cole back on a free!

Carroll's started scoring for me, including a hat trick against Tottenham in a 3-2 win! Plus he's getting a lot of assists,

Got Mame Diouf coming in on a free next season as well.

Carroll's started scoring for me, including a hat trick against Tottenham in a 3-2 win! Plus he's getting a lot of assists,

Got Mame Diouf coming in on a free next season as well.

Just introduced a new tacticView attachment 462995

Beat fulham 4-2. will post other results when i have completed a couple of weeks

Just introduced a new tacticView attachment 399881

Beat fulham 4-2. will post other results when i have completed a couple of weeks

Could be as simple as a lack of instructions previously, I think the more instructions given the better the team will play to the style you want. I think you have enough selected now though ;)

View attachment 462940

Finished 11th in my first season with this tactic. I sold/released: Diame, Reid, Jussi, McCartney and Petric.
I signed: Mame Diouf (who was Bundasliga top scorer), Annan, Mohammed Sissoko, Victor Valdes, Steven Taylor and Adam Johnson.

On previous games the second season has always been more difficult due to teams knowing how you play, i assume this year will be no different. Anyone got any suggestions on how to alter my tactics without changing the style too much? My only player instruction is 'cross more often' which applies to Razvan Rat.

Last edited:
Ignore the second screen shot, don't know what I did there. I'm using the 4231 deep.

I added 'look for overlap' and i'm unbeaten so far, including 1-1 away to Arsenal and 2-0 at home to City. Sitting top of the table as it stands.