Needing advice on my new tactic,what would you change? If anything.

I can suggest a million things, but there's not much point. You're the one with the tactic in front of you and you've seen it in action - do you have any issues?

Okay, well my opinion is that it looks horrific on paper. Not the best role selection and an even worse Duty selection. Some TIs seem over the top and some don't really compliment your roles. The wings are static. No midfield.

That's my opinion, but as you have no issues, it's not a problem.

Okay, well my opinion is that it looks horrific on paper. Not the best role selection and an even worse Duty selection. Some TIs seem over the top and some don't really compliment your roles. The wings are static. No midfield.

That's my opinion, but as you have no issues, it's not a problem.

Thanks for the comments WJ,what would you consider changing if this was your tactic,i did think that there was maybe 1 or 2 more TI's than normal.Again thanks for the feedback.

for a start maybe unselect clear ball to flanks and control with direct passing doesn't really work, i suggest shorter passing if you want to implement a control system.

for a start maybe unselect clear ball to flanks and control with direct passing doesn't really work, i suggest shorter passing if you want to implement a control system.
I wouldn't say a shorter passing system is a must in a control setup.

noted thanks,again im a newbie at the tactics side of things...be easy lads aye.

Last edited:
I'd keep an eye on your midfield. You have no one to hold and the BWM will chase down all over the place, leaving his position at will which could leave you with only your CM in the middle. And even he is on a support duty so your back four may be a bit exposed due to lack of midfield cover.

I'd keep an eye on your midfield. You have no one to hold and the BWM will chase down all over the place, leaving his position at will which could leave you with only your CM in the middle. And even he is on a support duty so your back four may be a bit exposed due to lack of midfield cover.

Maybe even two central midfielders with one on support and one on defensive duties you think then possibly?

Maybe even two central midfielders with one on support and one on defensive duties you think then possibly?
You'd know the answer if you read the links I gave you. They're very good guides.

You absolutely need a holding midfielder or you will get caught out time and again. Using two W(s) with two FB(s) is also not going to produce anything, as WJ said. Strive for balance across the field. One W(a) and one W(s) ideally. I tend to mix up my fullbacks as well with generally a CWB(a) and the other on support, as opposites of that particular side's wingers. Play to your best players' strengths. Finally, as you are a Vanarama team I would recommend keeping things as simple as possible. Simple roles (CM, AM, W) and a straightforward game with few TI's and PI's. Players of that caliber generally aren't very intelligent and can't handle sophisticated tactics.

During a match put the viewing mode on "Comprehensive" or better to see what your players are doing and how your tactics work on the field as opposed to how you think they should work.

Last edited:
You absolutely need a holding midfielder or you will get caught out time and again. Using two W(s) with two FB(s) is also not going to produce anything, as WJ said. Strive for balance across the field. One W(a) and one W(s) ideally. I tend to mix up my fullbacks as well with generally a CWB(a) and the other on support, as opposites of that particular side's wingers. Play to your best players' strengths. Finally, as you are a Vanarama team I would recommend keeping things as simple as possible. Simple roles (CM, AM, W) and a straightforward game with few TI's and PI's. Players of that caliber generally aren't very intelligent and can't handle sophisticated tactics.

During a match put the viewing mode on "Comprehensive" or better to see what your players are doing and how your tactics work on the field as opposed to how you think they should work.

Thanks mjagiel,i'll be putting up my finalised tactic as soon as possible so i can get some more feedback from the guys here,thanks everyone.

TI overload again. It is a mess, tbh. :(

Apart from that, the huge issue is the massive gap between central midfield and your poacher, which is a poor role for a lone striker anyway. You did not get this from the 2 guides I linked.

Back to the drawing board i guess WJ :p
Honestly, get your shape right first before adding a million TIs. Having a good role and duty selection (combined with mentality) is the most important. After that, you can fine-tune with TIs and maybe even a PI or 3.