Neil Warnock sacked as QPR boss

Surprised by the decision as everyone else, but I never really rated him as a manager. He's had more money to spend and has a better squad than Norwich and Swansea who are doing quite a bit better.

It gives a new manager time to bring in players in the transfer window and save QPR from relegation. Better to make the decision now then when they're still struggling towards the end of the season.

Not a bad decision in my opinion, but then again it could all backfire horribly and QPR will end up bottom. :p

Only won 1 home game all season and that was against 9 men chelsea not that much of a suprise if you think of it. And maybe the owner wants to see if someone new like Hughes etc can keep them up.

And they still got battered that day too!!! Think they need someone else to try take them to the next level in signings and contacts etc etc.

I'm glad he's been sacked.

For one good reason- Long before my time Warnock was manager of Argyle. He loved his time at the club, has a house down in Cornwall, and has said before he would love to finish his career here. Now he's been sacked, our forums have gone into overload, and there's a real sense of belief our owner could get Neil Warnock down here as Manager/Director of Football until the end of the season. You might I am crazy, and yes, this is hard to believe. However, Warnock loved his time here and would regularly make visits to the board-room when he come down as an opposition manager...

.. I'm not saying it 100% will happen, but I just sense, Neil Warnock could make a return to Argyle.

Hopefully their season gets worse from now ( I dont like QPR very much) but I do feel quite sorry for Warnock.

Stupid decision if you ask me. He took them up with a very impressive points tally and although they haven't set the world alight they are holding their own atm. Couple of January signings and they could easily have a good second half of the season. I'd rather have stuck with him than have Hughes tbh.

Could be a possible Steve Kean sacking coming up if the Blackburn owners decide they fancy Warnock as manager. Unless he retires now. He said he was going to after he left Palace but was too tempted by the offer from QPR.

And things get nastier for QPR - Faurlin got his ACL ****** in the game against Milton Keynes.

The club are looking to spend money, they had bids turned down for Samba and Johnson, however part of the reason was that they disagreed on targets and the board were not convinced that Warnock could attract that kind of player they want

Saw this coming, on our way back from the Dons last Saturday, and we bumped into the Dons captain Dean Lewington (as you do) and he said it was on the cards. Doesn't deserve it tho.

He's a **** anyway, some Wigan fans have been asking for him to manage us, but I'd dis-own Wigan if he did. He's a Championship manager at best.

I wonder if this is all Carlos Tevez fault too....

The club are looking to spend money, they had bids turned down for Samba and Johnson, however part of the reason was that they disagreed on targets and the board were not convinced that Warnock could attract that kind of player they want

I dont think they disagreed on targets, Warnock was always looking to bring in high-quality players as soon as Fernandes took over the club as seen by the arrivals of Joey Barton, Wright-Philipps and Anton Ferdinand all of whom are good PLM players

Iwould go even so far as to say that the likes of Barton and Wright-Philipps could have made it to a top 8 club if they wanted to. I dont think the problem lies in Warnock's ability to attract players tbh or the fact that he and the board disagree on targets

I think that Fernandes has a long-term plan in place at QPR and he felt Warnock was a manager who just did not have the ability or oversight to ensure its success

I dont think they disagreed on targets, Warnock was always looking to bring in high-quality players as soon as Fernandes took over the club as seen by the arrivals of Joey Barton, Wright-Philipps and Anton Ferdinand all of whom are good PLM players

Iwould go even so far as to say that the likes of Barton and Wright-Philipps could have made it to a top 8 club if they wanted to. I dont think the problem lies in Warnock's ability to attract players tbh or the fact that he and the board disagree on targets

I think that Fernandes has a long-term plan in place at QPR and he felt Warnock was a manager who just did not have the ability or oversight to ensure its success

they've actually said as much

really this is just typical money and politics in football again.... hes a excellent manager and if you wanted someone to get you out of a dog fight there aint many better

He's a **** anyway, some Wigan fans have been asking for him to manage us, but I'd dis-own Wigan if he did. He's a Championship manager at best.

Whatever you think of him as a person, he's every bit as good a manager as Martinez IMO.

martinez is a **** manager any team he manages he will try to get them to play like barcelona all fancy football but it just dont work like that! especially when your managing wigan.

martinez is a **** manager any team he manages he will try to get them to play like barcelona all fancy football but it just dont work like that! especially when your managing wigan.

Wouldn't say he's ****. He had great success with Swansea and decent success with Wigan. And I'd say he did a great job of getting Swansea playing good football, and Wigan are capable of some good stuff as well. He still isn't entirely proven as a manager however, whereas Warnock is.

fair enough maybe **** was a bit harsh but agreed on the warnock being proven part

Don't really have a stance on this until I see the replacement and what they are looking to do, players wise, football wise.

Could be better for the club, for all we know.