Nemanja Vidic proves he can be the true difference maker for Manchester United in the

• Thread starter Thread starter oneunited
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 2K
Jose wanted him to madrid at the start of the season. I guess that camp nou 5-0 never had happened if Vidic would have been a madrid player. Best defender in the world at the moment IMO.

But there are a few defenders that are close to him...like Vermaelen and Vincent Kompany...maybe some others.

Top, top CB. Need someone like him (A no nonsense defender who can take a beating) next to Danny Agger for us.

Best in the world? I'm not sure as he can be made to look ordinary sometimes by certain players, one of the best 2/3 CB's in the world though? Without any shadow of a doubt.

No way.

Easily the best centre back in the world right now.

This. I have lost the count of number of times i have said this, Vidic is the best CB in the world and his partnership with Rio is one of the best CB pair. Infact i would say the best.

His contest against Torres is very overrated. He had mare twice and all of a sudden Vidic can't handle Torres. Anyways that is for another day.

He was immense against Spurs. One of our best player this season and defensive rock from 2006-till date.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Although he is a sensational defender i would like to start in saying i called during the game what a lovly player Modric was and i said he was motm. But i like Vidic alot, i would say in the last 6months both Vidic and Ivanovic have possibly been the best defenders definatly in the PL and maybe in Europe.

I agree with this. Ivanovic is top defender. He is on 40K Lol. He is improving every game and for me he is Captain material.

What i dont understand is how Vidic rarely receives any praise from UEFA or FIFA yet players like Carlos Puyol are always in the Champions league best team, world team of the year etc. Puyol plays for Barcelona and Spain, if it wasnt for Xavi and Iniesta who dont let the opposition near the ball then Puyol would be exposed for the overrated waste of hairspray he is.

then Puyol would be exposed for the overrated waste of hairspray he is.

Really couldn't disagree more with this. In my opinion, Carlos Puyol makes Pique the top defender he is. Really quality centre half is Puyol.

Top CB pairings for me

Puyol - Pique
Silva - Nesta (not bias if you actually watch them most would agree they compliment each other)
Vidic - Ferdinand

In no particular order

This. I have lost the count of number of times i have said this, Vidic is the best CB in the world and his partnership with Rio is one of the best CB pair. Infact i would say the best.

His contest against Torres is very overrated. He had mare twice and all of a sudden Vidic can't handle Torres. Anyways that is for another day.

He was immense against Spurs. One of our best player this season and defensive rock from 2006-till date.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

I agree with this. Ivanovic is top defender. He is on 40K Lol. He is improving every game and for me he is Captain material.

Yer definatly captain material, he is currently negotiating a new contract and he stated he wants to stay at Chelsea for a long time. Serbia really have produced 2 wonderfuly gifted centre halfs.

Really couldn't disagree more with this. In my opinion, Carlos Puyol makes Pique the top defender he is. Really quality centre half is Puyol.

When you think about it, Puyol has always been a really top defender and Pique couldnt even get into Uniteds first team, 1 season later Barca are roflstomping everyone with Pique and Puyol at the heart of the defence and everyone lauds Pique

Dont get me wrong Pique is a good player, but im sure if you put a more average defender along side him, it would certainly expose him

For me he is the best defender in he world, since his transfer to the club he has been immense and one of the main reasons why it's been one of our most successful periods in recent times. He may struggle against torres but often when up against him, torres has been at the top of his form and not many players could handle him when he is in that form. Very loyal to the club to the club as well.

Back