New admins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russty

Reaction score
When will there be new admins made? I go on this webpage loads of the time but I have just decided to make an account 2 hour ago.

But I have only seen 2 or 3 admins properly anywhere on this site. alot of them don't bother doing anything!!!!!!

I have also seen lots of people that I think would be v.v.good admins too!

so when will new admins be made, if ever? I dont mean to get rid of the old ones, I mean aswsell as!

Russ T :)

Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they're not around. There's a hide function for accounts. for all you know, you could be being watched right now...................

okay fair enough, but I still dont think their is enough. Like you dont see many apart from raikan or thebetterhalf or 1 or 2 others posting that much. i know they do other stuff too, but doesnt noone else think their should be a couple of maybe even 3 or 4 more admins? :)

What does a red name like yours mean??

okay fair enough, but I still dont think their is enough. Like you dont see many apart from raikan or thebetterhalf or 1 or 2 others posting that much. i know they do other stuff too, but doesnt noone else think their should be a couple of maybe even 3 or 4 more admins? :)

Lee and Mike are also very helpful admin :)

I have not seen lee, but i agree mike is good :)

Pretty sure its Lee :p.. and also Redrup not sure if that's how you spell it but u can him on the Arsenal Thread :)

But i like the idea of a new admin and would defo go for it to :)

They're all ninjas, some are just better at hiding than others.

Red name means that he contributed to this forum with his activity and common sense. There are at least 6-7 moderators, part of Sean and Lee who are administrators ( think I'm right). Just because some or louder than others, doesn't mean that they aren't there.
And if there will be some contest for new mod, Steve* will win it.

maybe their should be a vote or something like that if you can? saying if people think their should be a new admin or admins??!

I dont get it. so basically they have red names because an admin decided they were very helpful to people? and what is the difference between admins and moderators?

Red name means that he contributed to this forum with his activity and common sense. There are at least 6-7 moderators, part of Sean and Lee who are administrators ( think I'm right). Just because some or louder than others, doesn't mean that they aren't there.
And if there will be some contest for new mod, Steve* will win it.
I dont get it. so basically they have red names because an admin decided they were very helpful to people? and what is the difference between admins and moderators?

They are like ninjas man. You don't see them , you don't hear them, but **** if i ever saw major beef between posters go on for long, or spam advertisements stick around. Well Raikan once send me ***** enlargement ads through PM but he claims it was an honest mistake.

I am guessing here, but I think the administrators are the people who run the site overall, and they are the ones who appoint mods (I know Sean is the creator of the site anyway). So I presume you meant that you think the site needs new mods...

To be honest, I don't think we need new mods. There are loads of people in the community who help out, so I don't see why it would matter wether it is moderators that are helping or not...

Oh and I never even knew this part of the website existed until just now, so thanks for that haha :S

maybe their should be a vote or something like that if you can? saying if people think their should be a new admin or admins??!
Why would admins give us chance to vote for new mods? There are over 100k registered users here, and not 1% of them are representative enough to make this kind of decision.

Yes. They have red names because Admins and Mods decided that. They did good things to FM Base community and they deserve some kind of award.
Difference between admins and mods are that admins owns this forum or manage it somehow. They usually have more freedom than mods, I believe that's the case with FM Base too.

I agree with Scotty. Why would there be a need for more mods when there is plenty of help from those who contribute with posts on this site? I for one have had help on a couple of occasions when needing it and I have seen many members post help for others when needed, myself included. It is all about helping each other out and you don't need to be a mod to do so. :)

To be fair, mods are only needed to close/delete threads and ban/warn people. We do really need too many of them.

Saying that,

Iamauser for mod? ;)

I remember back in 2010 i think it was, Sean/Lee wanted some new Mods so they started a thread explaining how many new mods they would like and what areas of the site they would be for (tactics, discussion, graphics, editing etc) and asked people to apply to be a mod. You had to state why you think you would be good for the position and what area you would like to considered for. The admins then discussed who of the applicants they would promote.

This was when Raikan, Dunc, TBH, AAnnddyy, Tiraths, Mike. were all promoted (as well as a couple more i may have forgotten)

I remember back in 2010 i think it was, Sean/Lee wanted some new Mods so they started a thread explaining how many new mods they would like and what areas of the site they would be for (tactics, discussion, graphics, editing etc) and asked people to apply to be a mod. You had to state why you think you would be good for the position and what area you would like to considered for. The admins then discussed who of the applicants they would promote.

This was when Raikan, Dunc, TBH, AAnnddyy, Tiraths, Mike. were all promoted (as well as a couple more i may have forgotten)

You right would be good to see a new mod but not like its needed but be something new!!

Status
Not open for further replies.