New American League Chairman Game - Story

Bottom of the league and out in the cup, this is not going as planned!!

@zacram - I was wondering if it would be possible to a get save game link for the updates, I like to get a details update out every couple of months or so...

Well, 7th in the league, just 1 point away from the promotion play-off place. Beat my rival in the cup. That's not that bad. We have to improve in goal scoring, but I think this will be okay. I'll do an update tonight (in CET+1 :D).

eh... ok start. 6th in the league is ok and I guess losing to Mississippi is ok since they are top of the premier league.

Yeah i will put the save link up a bit later. Also wondering what sort of speed you guys want to sim at? I could do 2 months at a time then leave it a couple of days for club announcements and stuff?

Also not sure if anyone ha a different ingame editor from the official one like "FMRTE" ? If so could you see if it will let you change competition rules, as i shouldn't have put a max squad size of 25 on!

Personally, I think 2 months is fine, but right now perhaps just do September too. I might want to fire my manager after that at least! :)

Dallas Daggers Founded

Pretend I did this earlier

book-lord-walder-frey-for-your-wedding-day-preview.jpg

Foreign Businessman Walder Frey has bought the into the new American League system. The Dallas Daggers, are the second Texas club that have been introduced into this new system, the first being the El Paso Chihuahua's. The Daggers will play in the Bud Light Championship (the second tier of American soccer.

Chairman Walder Frey has spoken about the purchase: "When I heard the Starks bought a 'club', I immediantly joined in." Fans will be anxious about the new chairman, who has stated "where's America" and he has revealed "In celebration of this new purchase, my daughter is getting married, and I would paticulary like it if Robb Stark could make it... *cough.*"

0025225c5362982250b9ee9a1743df5d.jpg

The Manager

Yesterday a Ian Holloway was announded as the new manager. The unemployed former Blackpool and Millwall manager said "he is delighted to be part of the 'Daggers' though he has admitted he hasn't met the chairman.

ianholloway1_3022744.jpg

The Players

The players joining are very interesting, the more interesting names being Jan Vertonghen, Lucas Pratto, Fraser Forster, Zakaria Bakkali and Pierre Michel-Lasogga. The squad has a mixture of nationalities and a mix of abilities but we have no doubt that they will do well.

4028cec9142f654877516abdf23754c9.png

c151846e5dabb5663c16aa3214298d1f.png

The Kits

The kits are very vibrant and interesting, sponsored by popular American retail store Target. The home kit being yellow and away being purple.
It is also Kappa made. Fans are so far excited by this kit and hope it will be the lucky promotion kit.

a33a32eab76197d9bf6f211dd9906d43.png

Last edited:
I'd say sim October and November together, and February and March together

Yeah i will put the save link up a bit later. Also wondering what sort of speed you guys want to sim at? I could do 2 months at a time then leave it a couple of days for club announcements and stuff?

Also not sure if anyone ha a different ingame editor from the official one like "FMRTE" ? If so could you see if it will let you change competition rules, as i shouldn't have put a max squad size of 25 on!

Just had a quick look but in FMRTE you can only edit the league prize money and you can register players individually but you cannot edit the nation/league rules or do a mass edit for squad registration...

I don't know if it would be worth changing it and restart it but, it could cause problems when from peoples sims there seem to be a lot of injuries and at no point other the transfer window can you register a player that isn't already named in the squad

I'd say sim October and November together, and February and March together

Yeah I agree... I'd do something like this?

All months mentioned are intended to be the end of the month

July (Start of new Season)
August + Chairman Transfer Window opens
September + Chairman Transfer Window closes
October + November
December + Chairman Transfer Window opens + Draft Youth Intake (27th December - I think for USA)
January + Chairman Transfer Window closes
February + March
April
May + June (End of the Season)

***Not too sure when the Youth Intake is, but your wanting to do a MLS styled draft you may have to shift around the months a little

Las Vegas Strip Foxes
Review of August

The club's PR manager made an interview with the Foxes's chairman, Patrik Pintér after the first month of the brand new competition.

"The Bud Light Championship started in Wednesday, August 20th and all matches were played at 19:30. Our team faced against San Juan Carbies, and we unfortunately lost 3-0. Hahn scored in the 16', Parker in the 62' and Beckerman in the 90'. This was a though result but our squad harmony have to improve, and we'll be okay. Our second match was on the 27th of August. We went to Idaho and we conceded an early goal in the 39'. But in the second half we have made a fantastic comeback, with Eljero Elia's goal in the 62' minute, and Nagbe's penalty in the 79' minute. That was a great match and we claimed our first points. In the last match we played at home at the 30rd of August. We played against 1st placed Tennessee Titans, and we scored an early penalty. But sadly we lost in the 2nd half, they were better, but this result is disappointing, and we can't afford this losses at our home. Meanwhile, in the cup we have beat our rival, LV Gamblers, in the first match we 2 late goals in the 84th and in the 86th minutes, and that was enough, because in the 2nd match we scored just one goal, and we got through to the 2nd round, where we will face against Colombus Dragons. We looking forward to this match, and we want to improve our league-side, too. We will meet in the next month, I hope I can bring you good news."

Caribes Newsletter: Inaugural Season August

901943d1436165934t-new-american-league-chairman-auction-game-spaces-available-away.png

The San Juan Caribes started off their season in style, showing off their brand new away kits and stunning the Las Vegas Strip Foxes 3-0 in their home opener. German speedster Andre Hahn scored the first goal in Caribes history with a stunning effort in the 16th minute.

901942d1436165926t-new-american-league-chairman-auction-game-spaces-available-home.png

The fans that flocked to el Estadio la Concha for the Caribes home opener surely left slighty dissapointed after witnessing a 1-1 draw against the Gotham Guardians. Young starlet Kenedy saved the night for San Juan with his 77th minute strike.

The last game of the month will have Julen Lopetengui heading back to the drawing board. San Juans second trip to Las Vegas has them heading back home with their heads down after a heavy 4-0 loss at the hands of Gamblers FC. After surrendering an early penalty, the match was all but over after veteran defender Filip Daems was giving his marching orders in the 21st minute.

Overall, the Caribes sit in 6th place in the league table on even points with Dallas and New Jersey. Lopetegui will be looking for more consistancy in front of goal during next months fixtures.

News From Hawaii

Hawaii Typhoons

in a press conference earlier today The Newly Formed Hawaii Typhoons announced that the presidency of the club was being handed over Scottish Billionaire Liam Moss

View attachment 244786

in a pr at the typhoon terrace Mr. Moss spoke about his desire to succeed with the first professional Hawaiian soccer team He also spoke about how this was a big moment for the community of Honolulu saying "the club is fortunate to have an amazing fan base that could potentially change world football"

View attachment 244785View attachment 244784

Key Areas

Manager = Shaun Dyche

Key Players =
Jose Callejon
Sergio Romero
Andrea Poli
Filip Djordjevic

The club also announced that even though the start of the season was poor they are still remaining supportive of their manager Dyche

The major problems seem to be; squad registration limit too low at 25, 2 yellow cards = 1 match ban, large number of injuries

We could possibly restart and fix these issues since we have only progressed 1 month or can just carry on as it is? Although if we did restart all the C2C transfers would be lost as well.

I will post a poll, if you could vote yes or no to restarting that would be great!

Should we Restart the Game? - Poll

Surely you could just redo the C2C transfers?
Sorry yeah meant to say I could redo the transfers. Had to delete my inbox though so just the ones with transfer fees would need resending

If you edit the database, you could fix loans too,and boost the US Youth Recruitment quality!

Ok - based on that poll we will be starting again!

- Shall we have no squad size limit, but 5 HG players in a match day squad (so 5 out of 18)?

- I have boosted prize money a bit more (can be changed in FMRTE editor anyway if need be)

- Upped the cumulative yellow card suspension to 5.

- Changed US Youth Recruitment

- Have duplicated a good physio and fitness coach to each team and put them on a 5 year contract.

Any other changes before starting the game again?