Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh big surprise. Dan has a great idea. ;)
Seriously though, looks great as usual. I'll for sure give it a go.

I'm looking to give it a go,I have some spare time now to do more things.

Cheers for the challenge Dan.

You can't be against 3 European teams XD

Thats why i said"i think" 8-|

After getting thumped by england i headed straight for the "Start Screen button" lol

Rooney hit 4, He best do that in the summer!

Re: Challenge of the Month, May

Great to see some new entrants giving this a go. If ppl enjoy this first CotM then there will be more! ;)

i have a month mate but i will do it lol

remind me if i have not started by wednesday haha

Whats the deal with arranging Friendlies?? More games gives people more chances for points, I have a friendly proposal from Puerto Rico which I am going to turn down, but for future reference this would be helpful.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

My first attempt is going well, a 1-1 draw with the USA in which I dominated and they needed a dubious PK to equalise and a convincing 3-0 win over Costa Rica.

Unfortunately I still sit 5th, but only 3 points away from 1st.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Well my attempt fell lame at the hands of Ecuador...A hard fought game at home in which we should have scored 3 or 4 goals ended up in a 1-0 loss. Having to force the match away led to lapses at the back, my strikers could not finish again and the game was never going my way.

Forcing even more holes at the back appeared and Ecuador could not miss, finishing every chance they had.

Our only goal came from the spot and a heavy 5-1 defeat was the result. Only 4 players including subs had a rating of above 6.5 proving how terribly the team played....

Really disappointed in this, I had a great start and a 4-0 win over Honduras and 3-0 win over Costa Rica had me looking good.

Re: Challenge of the Month, May

khodder said:
Whats the deal with arranging Friendlies?? More games gives people more chances for points, I have a friendly proposal from Puerto Rico which I am going to turn down, but for future reference this would be helpful.

Hi, sorry but only competitive games earn you points... The only advantage to organizing friendlies is the chance to blood new players!

Good attempt there... Ecuador did for me too!

We need a few more entrants, think you can beat the challenge? Then why not give it a go! ;)

I'll have a go at it tomorrow. But I doubt I can match your lots attempts.

Hi, fishing for some feedback here.

I thought I would introduce this Challenge idea as similar threads on other forum sites have worked well. So far interest here on FM base has been low and I'd be interested to know if the idea is worth pursuing. If you could take some time to pm me with any thoughts it would be really appreciated.

For info, the concept has been to create small challenges*that aren't time consuming but are tricky whilst at the same time exposing participants to teams, leagues and regions tha they wouldn't ordinarily explore. Is this flawed?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
I'll give it a go Dan. Setting it up now.

RE Holidaying. I can't use the 'holiday until next squad selection' option then??

I gave it a go but got knocked out in the playoffs by Uruguay.

Its quite a tough challenge as you need to take points off USA or Mexico to avoid the playoff with a South American team

KingEric said:
I gave it a go but got knocked out in the playoffs by Uruguay.

attachment.php

Its quite a tough challenge as you need to take points off USA or Mexico to avoid the playoff with a South American team

That's the idea mate, tough challenges to prove your managerial mettle, Yorkshirelad got them to the finals which is the best effort so far!

It's a short challenge so why not give it another go buddy... USA are beatable, Mexico is a tougher game.

Great idea, I don't have much time so I love managing countries ;)

Paul **** said:
Great idea, I don't have much time so I love managing countries ;)

Nice one Paul, welcome aboard mate and GL

i will give it a go sometime this month.... just got the knockout challenge to do first

Status
Not open for further replies.