New FM-Base Style

What Do You Think of The Style?

• Total voters

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have created a new style for the forums.

You can view it here.

Please let me know what you think. I havn't changed all of the images yet but apart from images everything else is done (I think).

If you want to go back to the default style then click here or you can change it manually on your options page.

Last edited:
yeah i like it, maybe change the quick reply box as orange on orange is a bit hard to read lol but yeah the old one was getting a bit old

Pfft do you think you're facebook or somethin? :p

Yeah its not bad actually, the colour to coincide with the new FM style?? I'll prob keep it for now

Yeah, the new style is alright, pretty different though.

Few little things I want to ask...

• What do you think of the current logo?
  • At the moment the forum width is set at 90%. Do you like it like that or at 100% so it takes up the full width of the page?
  • Anything in particular that you don't like about it so far?

yeah i like it, maybe change the quick reply box as orange on orange is a bit hard to read lol but yeah the old one was getting a bit old

Ok how about now on the input boxes? That better with a dark grey text rather than the orange?

i like it, change is good

Woo at least somebody is with me :D

Pfft do you think you're facebook or somethin? :p

Yeah its not bad actually, the colour to coincide with the new FM style?? I'll prob keep it for now

Nah we're better than facebook <_<

Yup it inspired me to change Base as, like Sam said, the last style is getting old.

yeah this is a bit better, whats the advantage of 90%?

Nothing really, just looks nicer (i think) although it obviously gives away valuable screen space.

yeah i want it maxed up. ive got widescreen so alot of pages arent big enough for me

glad the new fm is widescreen too

Few little things I want to ask...

• What do you think of the current logo?

I think the old logo was a bit better...this one just doesn't seem FM like at all...although I spose its nice change...

• At the moment the forum width is set at 90%. Do you like it like that or at 100% so it takes up the full width of the page?

100% was probably better although I hadn't noticed the width until u mentioned it

Ok how about now on the input boxes? That better with a dark grey text rather than the orange?

Yeah thats better:p

Could you remove cheats from the banner?

The dotted lines around the full reply from hurt my eyes. And yes I know I'm old.

Also a deeper orange backround in the reply box would be much nicer than the current salmon pink.

also it seems to take abit longer to load, that could just be my ***** internet

and i like the way i can minimise adverts!

Yeh it takes longer to load for me, might be the slight increase in traffic

Sean could you set it again so it says my title (Admin) under my silly comment :)

Could you remove cheats from the banner?

Yeh ok then.

The dotted lines around the full reply from hurt my eyes. And yes I know I'm old.

Also a deeper orange backround in the reply box would be much nicer than the current salmon pink.

How about now? I've changed the border to a solid line and given it a light grey background. I prefer it like this as it still stands out but isn't too bright.

Seems alright for me. But it's probably because there are a few more hacks/mods installed so they all add a few more queries to the database each time it loads etc...

Yeh it takes longer to load for me, might be the slight increase in traffic

Sean could you set it again so it says my title (Admin) under my silly comment :)

Yeh I'm sure the traffic increase has effected the speed as well lol.

Erm what do you mean gregor??

Where did you steal this deisgn from then seany boy

How about now? I've changed the border to a solid line and given it a light grey background. I prefer it like this as it still stands out but isn't too bright.

Yis yis much better. Homage to Seanyboy.

How do you change the Star Player bit under your name? Or is that just special mod privelages?

Oh yea, and how do you change it so the new look is the default when you come on through favourites? Reassign it as a new favourite?

How do you change the Star Player bit under your name? Or is that just special mod privelages?

Oh yea, and how do you change it so the new look is the default when you come on through favourites? Reassign it as a new favourite?

Yup special mod priveleges sorry.

Either on User CP > Edit Options or if you look on the bottom left of the forums there is a little dropdown menu where you can choose the skin and it should set it as your new default.