*JK*

19th Title Here we Come
Reaction score
Hi I just had a idea so please let me know what you think and if it would be possible.

Prem gets reduced to 14 teams so you play 26 matches.

After the 26 matches who ever is in 4th to 1st will play in a semi final than the 2 winners will be in the final??? Thoughts?

So the team who finishes top doesn't actually win the league? They have to go threw 2 stages even though they finished top of the league fairly?

Good point didnt think of it that way...Or another way

Reduce prem 2 14 teams so you play 26 matches

1st wins the league then 2-5 have a semi final and a final to choose who gets the other champ league spot?

1st wins the league then 2-5 have a semi final and a final to choose who gets the other champ league spot?

Yeah, that sounds a lot better. :)

This what im thinking

Position...Prize Money...Playoff

1st...£30m...No
2nd...£26m...Yes
3rd...£24m...yes
4th...£23m...yes
5th...£20m...yes

6th...£19m...yes
7th...£18m...yes
8th...£17m...yes
9th...£16m...yes

10th...£10m...no
11th...£7.5m...no
12th...£5m....no
13th...£2.5m...no
14th...£2.5...no

Bold indicates playoff for Last champs league spot so there will only be 2 CHAMPS LEAGUE POSITON
Underline indicates Europa league only two postions available again a play off
13th and 14th get relegated

Why does the league need to be reduced?

Cos I want it to be :)

So teams have to participate in a play off to get to the champions league and a play off to get to the league final. Bit harsh?

This what im thinking

Position...Prize Money...Playoff

1st...£30m...No
2nd...£26m...Yes
3rd...£24m...yes
4th...£23m...yes
5th...£20m...yes

6th...£19m...yes
7th...£18m...yes
8th...£17m...yes
9th...£16m...yes

10th...£10m...no
11th...£7.5m...no
12th...£5m....no
13th...£2.5m...no
14th...£2.5...no

Bold indicates playoff for Last champs league spot so there will only be 2 CHAMPS LEAGUE POSITON
Underline indicates Europa league only two postions available again a play off
13th and 14th get relegated

1. This would mean a very short season for the teams that finish 10-14th. If I were you, I'd do it like the SPL, where it's divided after 2 games each, etc etc.
2. This format would mean that the team that came 2nd, if they were to lose the playoff, then they wouldn't be able to even qualify for Europa League? Doesn't sound fair. :S

Doesn't sound fair but dramatic! I love the idea :D I'll give ita go for you

Lol well they person who finishes as runner up in the final 4 the champs league could automaticlly go into the europa league.

Thats where it gets difficult where do the other 6 teams go?

How could you do a relegation play off?

I think what you should have is

teams 1-4 have playoff for champions league

teams 5-9 have europa league playoff

teams 10-14 have relegation playoff

This could be done in a league format playing home and away 6 more games to bring you up to 30 games which would reduce fixture congestion

Also It means the teams in the certain groups are playing against teams in there own level a bit like the split in the SPL

Number one:If you win the league you have to be guareenteed champs league otherwise thats cruel!
Number two:How the fuc* could you do a relegation playoff.

I think what you should have is

teams 1-4 have playoff for champions league

teams 5-9 have europa league playoff

teams 10-14 have relegation playoff

This could be done in a league format playing home and away 6 more games to bring you up to 30 games which would reduce fixture congestion

Also It means the teams in the certain groups are playing against teams in there own level a bit like the split in the SPL

This sounds good with 1st guaranteed as winning the league? However I'd prefer a more like more champions league play off like 1-6 with the first knocked out go into Europa play off

You could have the top 3 are guaranteed a champions league spot, the team who finishes 1st are automatically in the play off final for the league with 2nd and 3rd having a semi to get the final.