New season, new tactic needed Man City

ronmaiden

Reaction score
Hiya all

Just about to start my second season as Man City, finished 6th in my first season and played most of it with a 433 which worked quite well but just had too many draws, was going to play the same formation again but thought I might see if anyone had a better idea for my team.

I had £100mill to try and buy players but sooo many didn't want to come to me so have bought a few players like Cardozo and Sakho, here is my squad, any ideas would be more than welcome! cheers, my personal preference is to play a 442 as I like 2 up top and wingers but havn;t as yet found a 442 that is sound in defence and attack. 433 is ok but just seem to relinquish possession in idfield too easily and conceed a lot from crosses. I have about £86 mill left to spend possibly on wingers (tho Im hoping Robinho and Balotelli might be the answers without having to buy)

OK as some may have spotted I have had lots of trouble with tactics on this game, but finally have found that winning formula. It's a 433 I got from another site and have had great results so far. A 2-0 home defeat to Blackburn spurred me on to use this, next game a 2-0 beating of Blackburn in the LC at Ewood Park.

I was unlucky not to beat Arsenal at the Emirates (more shots and amazingly 63% poss)

From then on I have been unbeaten with the exception of a meaningless Uefa Cup game when i had already qualified. Notable results include beating Arsenal at the Emirates in LC, a 1-1 draw with Liverpool and recent beatings of Man U and Villa away.

Currently sat 3rd and only 9 points off the top and I have Dos Santos, Van Der Vaart and Santon coming soon in Jan transfer window - hope it all continues!!

i have just started ro be city just signed aguero from ath madrid signed dos santos but i want a quality midfeilder and defender and good ideas oh and i just realised you can have all the money u want but the players i try and sign dont agree to the contract offers

You have to buy Diarra and Srna, diarra is immense in my game and gets double figures, he got injured for about seven games and ended up losing four of them, he returned and I started winning! And srna is complete class, can defend and bomb down the wing for crosses, has most assists and man of the match awards and scores free kicks and pens, always having to turn down massive bids for him. For a left back guardado is awsome too, more a wing back but similar to srna.

nearly finished the season on man city and am 7th in the table and try using 4-4-2 attacking and put tempo up high and play very wide a got some good results with this.

With this tactic i won my first game against Blackburn.:)

Also, i have got Diarra he is playing CM for my man city team at the moment but he isnt getting any goals but for everyone else he is, he has good morale, which is the best position to put him?

Thanks

Last edited:
For me Diarra gets the most goals on the right of the middle 3 midfielders. Got into double figures for both seasons I have played. I will upload this tactic when i get home in case there are individual player instructions that might help get the goals.

Well I finished my second season and finished 2nd!!! (behind the unstoppable force that seems to be Arsenal), went out in the semis of the Uefa Cup to Bayern and won the FA Cup against Arsenal (a 120+ minute goal by Huntelaar) so all in all a great season and the 433 tactic to thank. Only blip was when Diarra got injured and I lost 2 silly games to Wigan and Chelsea and then at the end where I lost to Villa and Utd.

Huntelaar ended up with just over 30 goals.

Just been given £70mill so have bought Aguero, Ashley Young, a young Chinese WB with awesome stats and a young CB from Brum. Here's hoping these are the final pieces of the puzzle.

Diarra is not a key man for me he has got 1 goal so far and its bout half way through season.
Which Diarra do you have?

Lassana Diarra from Portsmouth is the one I have, there is a Diarra at Real Madrid too. Lassana Diarra is listed as a WB/R/DM/MC I think but seems to work really well for me on the right side of my midfield 3, solid in defence and chips in with goals, good at free kicks and corners too.

No, Huntelaar is my target man in the middle of my 3 attackers, I try and then play pacey strikers/AM either side of him with good finishing and crossing skills to supply him, he got 30+ goals for me last season, Diarra i just have with a forward arrow

How do you give them arrows?

Also can i see your player instructions for Diarra?? If you dont mind

......Just beat Liverpool 3-1 in league

My team confidence is 100% Superb at the moment never had that before:):)

Last edited:
Glad its working! erm I use a mac for my game so I think I use the equivelent of the right mouse button to drag the arrow from the player, when i get home I will upload the full tactic which will give u all the individual settings (along with corners/free kicks etc)

In my second season I went on a 23 game unbeaten run, wished I had found it at the start of the season and I might have ended up Champions (I inflicted Arsenal with their only defeat of the season too)

Yeah with Man City, thought I would I would go them as they have very low expectations (mid table in my second season!!) but a shedload of money and a very big wage budget

No, in my first season i put the expectations up to European qualification so got about £100mill (they were going to give me £70mill for a top half finish) in my second season I got about 70mill and at the start of my third season i also got 70mill, again tho I upped the expectations (to European qualification, I thought title challaneg may be slightly beyond me at the mo) to get more money and spent most of it getting Aguero and Ashley Young.

Trouble with upping the expectations of course is that if you don't meet the requirements you face the sack but I think £70mill is enough to get into Europe. (espesh with the 433 tactic I use)