Newcastle Jets FC - It's just the start!

nickmajfc

Reaction score
24/01/12 - Australian Date - Update #1

Hey guys, iv'e been contemplating for weeks now if i should make a story, and i think i will. Im in my second season with A-League club, Newcastle Jets. My reasoning for this club is partially obvious. One, im from Newcastle, Australia. Two, I want to start out from a lesser league club, and eventually become the manager of a top club, even if this takes 10 or more years. I will be updating monthly, so i have time to play the game, study, work and all that. So ill kick things off with this update, telling you about my first season, just so everyone is up to date.

Alright, so in our first season, we played really well and managed to make the finals, finishing in 5th. This meant we would play in the minor semi-final, which we did lose to Perth Glory. But, that was still a good achievement. We played good football at times throughout the season, but we never really had any consistency. We lost when we shouldn't have and won when we shouldn't have, so it was a very inconsistent season. My best players throughout the season, were Ryan Griffiths (9 goals), Tiago (2 Goals, 3 Assists: pretty good for a CB, David Carney (Very good signing, got 5 goals). We managed to sign up Carney, which was huge, and i bet he would be a leading star for all A-League clubs. The Media thought he was the best signing of any club. So, after a pretty decent season, my aim is to get 4th or higher, especially after my signings for the new season ahead. Now, I will update everyone on the first month of results, plus all the friendlies before that month. Just to start off, I may as well tell you my transfers in and out.

IN:Vince Grella, $302.000 from Blackburn Rovers
Mohsen Moselman
, $33.000 from Malavan (Better rating that Ryan Griffiths and my top striker now, and he was cheap)
Andwele Slory, FREE from Free Agent (One of my best players, cant believe he was free)

OUT: Jason Culina, $2.5M to Al Ahlil (Biggest transfer fee for a player sold out from the club)

Well there you go, my ins and outs, not too many outs, a few ins, but very well worth it. Your probably wondering why i wasnt able to sign a amazing 1 million dollar player, this is because the wage budget isn't good at Newcastle. Grella was my Australian Marquee, he should be the biggest signing this season for any club, i assume.I will update you all after the first month of competitive football. Please follow, would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
I'll be following this :)

Not many people do stories about teams that side of the globe.

The way the Jets are playing, i wish i was a Heart supporter! haha

Oh wow, i just had a whole page written out and the internet shut down.
Seriously?

24/01/12 - Update #2 - Friendlies & October
Ok, since my long story stuffed up, which was like 7 paragraphs long, im going to keep this very short, and will make sure the rest of the updates are as i planned. Sorry about this one.
Anyway, here are the friendly results;

Morwell 0-6 Newcastle Jets
Newcastle Jets 6-0 Lake Maquarie
Newcastle Jets 5-0 Valentine Phoenix
Hamilton Olympic 0-8 Newcastle Jets
Sydney Olympic 0-0 (4-2p) Newcastle Jets
Newcastle Jets 2-1 Gold Coast United
Melbourne Heart 2-2 Newcastle Jets

Morwell, Lakes and Valentine were all very good wins, and then the 8-0 maulling over Olympic was a beauty. Our football was so slick and fast, we out run them all over the park. Very good start to the friendly season. Next up thought was our only defeat, and it was poor. We didnt take our chances, and lost on penalties to Sydney Olympic. But, then we won and drew our final two games, both against A-League opposition. So, a positive pre-season, with Ali Abbas and Moselman firing at all cylinders.
Here are the results of the October month (next update will be more in -depth with goalscorers and all that)
Newcastle Jets 2-0 Gold Coast United
Newcastle Jets 3-1 Melbourne Victory
Wellington Phoenix 1-1 Newcastle Jets
Perth Glory 1-1 Newcastle Jets

So a very good start to the league campaign as we beat Gold Coast and Melbourne Victory. The win over Gold Coast was actually quite easy for some reason, as we never looked like conceeding. Was a good win for the lads and a confidence booster. Then we beat Melbourne Victory, which was huge. With the likes of Archie Thompson, Carlos Hernandez and even Harry Kewell on the oposition, we still managed to ease to victory, with a good display from Vince Grella. But, we then lost Grella to injury, as he felt the rath of a bad challenge on internation duty in Australia's 3-1 win over China in their second phase of WCQualifiers. We missed him dearly for the final two games of the month. The draw agains't Wellington was hugely dissapointing. They went a man down in the 3rd minute and we dominated like there was no tomorrow for the next 45 minutes. We missed a penalty in the 11th minute though, as Carney hit his spot kick straight at Phoenix Custodian Mark Paston. We pressured even more in the second period, but former Jet Mirjian Pavlovic scored for the Nix in the 63rd minute, giving them a huge goal. But, better late then never a shot by Ali Abbas was deflected in off Tony Lochead, thankfully saving our blushes. But, that was still a dissapointing draw, but Adelaide also drew, which meant we stayed top the league. Coming into our final game, we had a chance to end the month on top of the table, but we didnt capitalise. We drew 1-1 with Perth, which i was actually happy with. A goal from Labinot Haliti in the 35th minute cancelling out Billy Mehmet's 33rd minute opener was all the game warranted. A good point but Sydney FC are now top on 10 points, leaving us 2nd on 8 points. Overall a very good month, and a very happy November to look forward to, i hope.

Now, here is the league table after October.​
1st - Sydney FC (10 PTS)
2nd - Newcastle Jets (8 PTS)
3rd - Adelaide United (8 PTS)
4th - Central Coast Mariners (7 PTS)
5th - Melbourne Heart (6 PTS)
6th - Brisbane Roar (6 PTS)
7th - Perth Glory (2 PTS)
8th - Melbourne Victory (2 PTS)
9th - Wellington Phoenix (1 PTS)
10th - Gold Coast United (1 PTS)

So as you can see, Sydney have a two point gap at the top of the league, as i sit in a very good looking second spot. Adelaide, Central Coast, Melbourne Heart and the Brisbane Roar round up the finals places. The biggest shock on the ladder, is Melbourne Victory, but even bigger, is the gap between Sixth and Seventh, which is pretty big after four games. It's looking good so far, tell me what you think guys. Also, im going to give you the next month's fixtures, and you can all give me predictions, why not have some fun involved in this too!
November Fixtures;
Newcastle Jets vs. Adelaide United
Central Coast Mariners vs. Newcastle Jets (F3 Derby)
Sydney FC vs. Newcastle Jets (NSW Derby)
Newcastle Jets vs. Melbourne Heart
Gold Coast United vs. Newcastle Jets

Obviously the away team is on the right, home team is on the left. A tough set of away fixtures, but we can get through it. Predict if you dare :)

Oh right, and my predictions;
Jets 1-0 Adelaide
Mariners 2-2 Jets
Sydney 1-0 Jets
Jets 3-0 Heart
Gold Coast 0-2 Jets

That would be good for me, but thats not the reason i chose these. This is just a random guess!​

Last edited:
I live in Newcastle as well, so looking forward to this. Hopefully you can do a bit better than they are doing currently.

I'll follow. I've never played as an Australian team before, this might inspire me to do so. Good luck!

Really Josh.

Yeah, i go to every game, Squadron every game haha.

Thanks for the support guys. The Australian League is a challenge, im surprised im doing so well at the moment. Wont spoil any november results :)

24/01/12 - Update #3 - A-League [November]

View attachment 218513
It's been a wobbly old month, but that's the usual November for the Jets as they are never the best throughout. That didn't change as the month was fairly dissapointing, even though we still sit in a good spot, 3rd. With only two wins out of 5 from the month, it wasn't great, but the way the league is going, we will take it. We did get thrashed, but that was by Sydney, and they are on fire, i guess we didnt see it coming. But, there were a few decent draws throughout. So, here is a much more detailed results list.

November Results (Hyundai A-League)

Newcastle Jets 2-0 Adelaide United
NJ: Kantarovski 17', Griffiths 79'
AU: None

Central Coast Mariners 1-1 Newcastle Jets
CCM: Abdul-Wahab 49'
NJ: Slory 44', Card Tiago 24'

Sydney FC 4-0 Newcastle Jets
SFC: Antonis 39', McFlynn 45+2', Bridge 52', 68'
NJ: None

Newcastle Jets 1-1 Melbourne Heart
NJ: Regan 77'
MHT: Germano 36', Colosimo Penalty Miss 41'

Gold Coast United 1-3 Newcastle Jets
GCU: Brown 20'
NJ: Griffiths 9', Pepper 86', Haliti 90+1

So, a very mixed month of November. Two wins is actually quite good, but there were some dissapointing results there. One bad result i found was obviously the 4-0 loss, but we actually played well, just let Sydney take their chances. The Heart game was by far the worst. So, lets start with Adelaide. We dominated this game, and it was very similar to the opening game of the league against the Gold Coast. We created chances and played the game in their half, getting the points. Then came the game all us Jets fans look forward too, the F3 derby. This i was delighted with. A point was a terrific result as we had a man down thanks to Tiago's two fouls which earnt him two yellow cards. We fought hard and were unlucky not to steal it in the 89th minute as Griffiths struck the bar. But a good result nonetheless. Next up was the dismal 4-0 defeat to Sydney. We played well in patches, but they caught us out at the back, we pushed way too many forward, that's all i can say about this one to be honest, was just good football by Sydney, and you will see why they are playing so well when i put the table up down the page. In our second last game of the month, we took on the Melbourne Heart at home. This was our first meeting in the league. We played well, but let them score at the worst possible time. We were lucky not to be two down as Colosimo missed the whole goal with his spot kick. But, thanks to a super sub by myself (not being too cocky ;) ), we scored as Taylor Regan, the kid born and bred in Newcastle scored a screamer from the edge of the box, saving us from another loss. Then, came the best performance of the month, when we outrun Gold Coast, but you will see why we beat them when i show you the ladder, just look at the bottom, you will see what i mean.

So, overall, not too bad, we sit 3rd, and we will be looking to improve in December, but there are some tough fixtures heading our way. The one thing i must mention though is the fact that we've been hit by injuries like a bomb. We are missing our key players. Vince Grella is still out, Moselman just returned, but is still getting back to full fitness. We have lost Ali Abbas now for around 7 to 8 weeks, so that doesnt look good. Also, even worse, our best player Andwele Slory is out for 4 to 5 weeks, which is a disaster. So, once they return, we can surely start making a gap between ourselves and the rest of the pack. The Heart are second, but we know we can beat them, which is good. Also, on other managers, Melbourne Victory boss Mehmet Durakovic has once been told that if he loses a match he will be fired, and that match they managed to win. Perth Glory boss Ian Ferguson twice has been told the same thing, and twice they managed to pull off upsets to keep his job. So those two are on the fringe. What surprises me is that Gold Coast coach Miron Bleiberg hasnt even been spoken to. Anyway, here is the league table, very interesting one if that.

November A-League Ladder
1st - Sydney FC (19 PTS)
2nd - Melbourne Heart (16 PTS)
3rd - Newcastle Jets (16 PTS)
4th - Brisbane Roar (15 PTS)
5th - Central Coast Mariners (12 PTS)
6th - Perth Glory (11 PTS)
7th - Adelaide United (10 PTS)
8th - Melbourne Victory (9 PTS)
9th - Wellington Phoenix (6 PTS)
10th - Gold Coast United : LOL-> (1 PTS)

So, as you can see, Sydney FC are flying, and i believe are still underfeated, perhaps chucking a Brisbane Roar. They are 3 points clear, but should be ahead by more after December. Also, as the LOL suggests, Gold Coast are dismal, and have only managed one draw out of 9 games, which is horrible. Still wondering why Miron Bleiberg hasn't been sacked. Melbourne Victory are the suprise team who aren't doing as well as their team suggest's, they actually just got rid of Harry Kewell, but it was his decision, as he has decided to go into the coaching department, as youth coach at Sporting Lisbon, an odd choice. Perth are doing quite well but the Roar aren't doing what was expected by them. They are the current champions, and the only champions to have won the A-League minor premiership and finals series grand final two years in a row, which is some feat. But they are struggling to find their feet this season. The Heart are doing really well, but we are on the same points, so, i sense some 2nd place coming. Well, it's getting closer, but we can smell finals already. As we come to December, we will certainly be aiming for 2nd spot by the end of the month.

I might not bother with predictions, as i will be updating regularly, but here are the months 4 fixtures anyway;

December A-League Fixtures;
Brisbane Roar vs. Newcastle Jets
Newcastle Jets vs. Wellington Phoenix
Melbourne Victory vs. Newcastle Jets
Newcastle Jets vs. Perth Glory

So, some winnable games there, but some tough ones. We haven't played the Roar yet, and they arent going too well. Very winnable even though its away from home, as long as our game plan works. Wellington are also beatable, as they are struggling, and we are at home, so it gives us the edge. I think that game is a must win, otherwise i wont be happy. Melbourne, well anything is possible, they will be great one week and horrible the next. So hopefully they are really good whilst we are playing Wellington. Then we round off the month agains't the Glory at home, which is also winnable, but with Smeltz up front, we must take them seriously. A good month looms, can we pick up 12 points, who knows. For me, 6 points (2 wins) would be good, 7 or 8 points would be nice. 9 or more would be terrific.

Thankyou for reading and following guys, cheers, will have one or two updates up tomorrow before i go to work in the afternoon! oh and p.s: do you guys think this is detailed enough?

Good looking story pal, try adding a few screenshots with full time results etc :)!

25/01/12 - Update #4 - A-League [December]

View attachment 218687
A very good month, excluding the opening game that is. After a dismal drubbing at the hands of Brisbane Roar, we managed to win two straight and draw the final game, which really shouldv'e been 3 straight wins. Nonetheless, we sit 2nd still, but if we had won the final game of the month, we would have been first. The table is actually quite interesting, considering the dominance of Sydney last month and Roar's 5-0 win over us, but you will be surprised by the ladder itself.

December Results (Hyundai A-League)

Brisbane Roar 5-0 Newcastle Jets
BRI: Rixon 10', 58', Berisha 18', 56', Burns 38'

Newcastle Jets 4-1 Wellington Phoenix
NJ: Mosalman 13', 28', Griffiths 16', Slory 90+1
WPX: Salles 55'

Melbourne Victory 0-2 Newcastle Jets
MVC:
Hernandez CARD 63'
NJ: Griffiths 30', Brockie 81'

Newcastle Jets 2-2 Perth Glory
NJ: Virgilli 5', Griffiths 87'
MHT: Andrezinho 2', Vrteski OG 83'

As you can see, we started in disaster as we took on the defending champions Brisbane Roar at Suncorp Stadium. Infront of 9,305 people, we were humiliated, as we were cought out way too often, perhaps playing too high of a line, regardless, we restored alot of pride the following week as we dismantled Wellington 4-1. A very good win at home, and the Nix were on a run of form, but we managed to out run them all over the park. A very pleasing win, and it was very pleasing to see Mosalman picking up some form, but he didn't show too much in the following two games. Next up we took on the Melbourne Victory, who actually has a change in manager, and those Australian's following this, you will be amazed by the news when you find out later in this post. Anyway, we defeated them 2-0 away, which is no easy feat at AAMI Park. Infront of a big, 24,000 crowd, we out played them all over the park. Even before Carlos Hernandez was sent off for a stupid challenge, which has actually seen him pick up a 2 game ban. Finally, we had a chance to end the month top as we were the final team to play that round, and a win would have sent us top by a point, but we didn't do enough. An own goal to our keeper Vrteski, which was a disaster, nearly lost us the game, but thankfully, Griffiths got his 5th goal of the season and saved us. Overall, 7 points is brilliant, and thats very good for the month, exactly what i wanted.

Now, onto transfer stories, managerial moves and all that. Well, theres actually nothing really in the transfer department, as the Australian window has closed. But, we received an offer for Central Defender Tiago, and he was automatically signed up as his contract had expired, so we could do nothing about it, as i tried to renew his contract, but he wasnt interested. On the bigger news, and Melbourne Victory have signed a new boss, after weeks before finally, Mehmet Durakovic was sacked from the job. This all came in a hurry, as a shock resignation from Ange Postecoglu was announced from the Champions Brisbane, as he decided to take the helm at Melbourne. Then the unthinkable happened, as former Melbourne Victory manager, the winner of 3 Grand Finals, Ernie Merrick took the helm at Brisbane. Remarkable stuff, but nothing has improved for either team so far, as you will see on the A-League ladder. So, a very good month, and we sit nicely in 2nd spot.

December A-League Ladder
1st -
Melbourne Heart (24 PTS)
2nd -
Newcastle Jets (23 PTS)
3rd - Central Coast Mariners (23 PTS)
4th -
Sydney FC (22 PTS)
5th - Perth Glory (19 PTS)
6th -
Brisbane Roar (19 PTS)
7th - Adelaide United (16 PTS)
8th - Melbourne Victory (12 PTS)
9th - Wellington Phoenix (10 PTS)
10th - Gold Coast United (4 PTS)

Ok, so a new thing im going to do here, and that is focus on the clubs highlighted. So, lets begin with the top. The Melbourne Heart. They are performing way above expectations. To be honest, i didn't see this coming. They haven't changed their squad too much, but are still doing really well. They are only a point ahead of us, but it's still looking good for them. Then there is us, the Jets. We are also performing above expectations. Even though i would love to finish 1st, i would love 2nd aswell, as both, 1st and 2nd, get two chances to make the Grand Final in the finals series. Next, is Sydney FC. After a magnificant 19 game unbeaten run, it has somewhere come to a halt, as they have been losing a few games. They now find themselves 4th on the ladder, which is remarkable considering the way they started the campaign. It just comes to show that even if you start off really well, you might not do too well. Take the Roar for example in the Real Life league, they were doing really good, until they lost to Sydney. And this brings me to the next team of emphasis, the Roar themselves. They were firing, started to win some games, but after dismantling us, they lost their next couple of games. Which is good for us, and i will have to think of some new tactics to put on against them for our next fixture, which is actually in the next month. Speaking of the next month, here are the fixtures for January.

I wouldv'e put in Screens, but for some reason when i PRNTSCRN the game, then paste it into paint, it just shows my internet browser, so i think ill just stick to text, im more of a writer, obviously, as i write for work.

January A-League Fixtures;
Adelaide United vs. Newcastle Jets
Newcastle Jets vs. Central Coast Mariners
Newcastle Jets vs. Sydney FC
Newcastle Jets vs. Brisbane Roar
Melbourne Heart vs. Newcastle Jets

So, a very season defining 5 game month, as we take on nearly all title contenders. When i saw the team name in the home section three times in a row, i was happy, until i saw the opposition. So, in January, i face the two teams i was demolished by, but at home, so we can do much better, our Rivals at home, Adelaide away, who we have a good record agains't, and finally the ladder leaders, Melbourne Heart. So, this month wont be easy. Wins agains't Adelaide and the Heart are more likely then the Three home games. We will see what happens, will most likely update January by 3pm, im loving this save.

Thanks again for following guys!

25/01/12 - Update #5 - A-League [January]

View attachment 218705View attachment 218706 View attachment 218707

A very interesting month of football for the neutral, but a shocker for the Newcastle Jets. With only one win from 5 games in January, things aren't looking good at the moment. The only good news was the fact that the win came agains't Sydney, but the rest, were just poor. With losses to Adelaide, Brisbane and the Heart, our position doesn't look so good anymore. The point at home against the Central Coast was decent, but we played better and deserved more. So here we go, the results are as follows.

January Results (Hyundai A-League)

Adelaide United 2-1 Newcastle Jets
AU: Cassio 58', Djite 75'
NJ: Slory 4'

Newcastle Jets 2-2Central Coast Mariners
NJ: Mosalman 21', 41'
CCM: Simon 43', Ibini-Isei 45+1'

Newcastle Jets 2-1Sydney FC
NJ:
Brockie 69', Haliti 90+2'
SFC: Bridge 59'

Newcastle Jets 1-2Brisbane Roar
NJ: Griffiths 18'
BRI: Burns 45+2, Berisha 46', Zarkovic CARD 66'

Melbourne Heart 1-0 Newcastle Jets
MHT: Tiago OG 7',
Konstanitinidis CARD 66'

Alright, first up was the Adelaide game. This was the worst possible start to January. The first month of the new year is always vital, in every league. But, we didn't start it as we would have hoped. A loss agains't Adelaide which was a bit harsh considering we had a penalty shout turned down, which looked obvious, but i didnt want to risk anything. So we lost, even though we had the better of the game. Next up was the F3 derby. A good performance, and a decent point. We were 3rd i believe at that time, looking good for the month. Mosalman impressed again, with a brace agains't the Mariners.

What was so dissapointing about the game was the fact that we went 2-0 up in the 40th minute, and then somehow they scored twice between the 41st minute and half time, some miracle. This was unfortunate. Next, we took on Sydney, who demolished us last time out. But, we payed them back, not with a thrashing, but a professional performance, as we brushed them aside. Brockie scored after Bridge opened the scoring for Sydney, then Labinot Haliti saved the day and won it in the final minute. The Sydney players were fuming, they thought he was offside, but i checked, he was onside by a long shot. Then we came across our annoying bogey team, the Brisbane Roar. Our third straight home game, this time ending in defeat. The Roar were just too good, but we were denied yet another clear penalty, where Brockie was brought down in the area, clearly. This time, after the game i went nuts at the press-conference, and the FA felt i was going a bit overboard, so i sat out for the next game. Which didn't help at all.

That game was agains't the team who is now unbeatable, the Melbourne Heart. Yes, they have lost a game or two, but they right now, are very hard to beat. Which showed. We dominated the second half, but that early own goal to Tiago, which was shocking, was all it took, even though we had a man extra for the second half, which was very dissapointing. One thing to note, numbers obviously aren't on our side, we now sit 5th, and if you notice, in the Roar game and the Heart game, both opposition players got sent off at exactly 66 minutes, which is quite remarkable. Nonetheless, a poor month, but hopefully February will see an improvement, as it is the second last month of the season.

Here is the current standings in the league;

January A-League Ladder
1st - Melbourne Heart (34 PTS)
2nd - Central Coast Mariners (30 PTS)
3rd - Brisbane Roar (28 PTS)
4th - Sydney FC (27 PTS)
5th -
Newcastle Jets (27 PTS)
6th -
Adelaide United (23 PTS)
7th - Perth Glory (20 PTS)
8th - Melbourne Victory (19 PTS)
9th - Wellington Phoenix (17 PTS)
10th - Gold Coast United (12 PTS)

Again, i will go over the clubs iv'e highlighted. First up, the Melbourne Heart. Im amazed that they are still top, with the side they have. They are doing well, and impressing me alot. Credit to the new manager who came in at the end of last season. Credit to the way they are playing, they will be tough to catch. Now, us. Dissapointingly, we have slipped to 5th, from 2nd. If we had beaten the Roar, we couldv'e gone 2nd, but it wasn't to be. We must pick up form as February is crucial, as we dont want to be left behind to chase the pack in the final month of March. Now, a big surprise is Adelaide's improving form. After a dissapointing start of the season, they find themselves 6th. Now the good news here is, that there is still a 4 point gap between 5th and 6th, which is good. As long as we make the 4, ill be pleased. Top two, would be terrific, which is still there of course.

So, a very difficult month, but we will get through it. The next lot of fixtures, i must say looks good, so we can get up there, as long as injuries dont get in our way. Now a bit of transfer/managerial news. On the transfer side, Wehrman's contract also expired, so he was signed away to a Brazillian club, but we keep him till the end of the season. Other than that, there are no real news in regards to transfers and managers. The only managerial news came in the form of Stoke City, who sacked their boss Tony Pulis, and eventually found a replacement in Steve Kean. A surprise in Stoke, but they are doing quite well. For those who would like to know for curiosity, Manchester United won the 11/12 season, and are now leading the 12/13 season, with Arsenal in second spot.

February A-League Fixtures;
Newcastle Jets vs. Gold Coast United
Wellington Phoenix vs. Newcastle Jets
Newcastle Jets vs. Melbourne Victory
Perth Glory vs. Newcastle Jets

The month ahead looks lovely, and i will be hoping for atleast 7 or 8 points from a possible 12. But, if we concentrate, 12 can be taken from all four. The Gold Coast, if we lose, i will be angry as ****, as we should win this with the utmost ease. The Wellington Phoenix will be the hardest of the four, as we have only won once in Wellington in 9 attempts, but you just never know. We have already beaten the Victory at home, and we get them at Ausgrid again, this time though, they are coached by Ange Postecoglu, record winning coach with the Roar. Then we round things off away at the NIB Stadium as we clash with the Perth Glory. They have also improved, which is why Ian Ferguson has kept his job. That will be tough, but again, winnable. Should be a good run in to the finals, what are your predictions, where will i finish? let me know below!

Next update might not be here till either 10pm tonight, or sometime tomorrow morning.

Another quality update...Come on Newcastle! It would be awesome if you can get the 12 points. What position do you have to finish in to qualify for the C/L?

Another quality update...Come on Newcastle! It would be awesome if you can get the 12 points. What position do you have to finish in to qualify for the C/L?

Cheers!

12 Points would be lovely. We have to be in the grand final in the Finals Series. If you dont know, it works like this:

Top 6 from the Hyundai A-League Regular Season qualify for the Finals series. 1st gets the minor premiership, just a little extra cash, which is good, but the grand final is more important.

Then in the finals. It's 1st vs 2nd, over two legs. The winner over the two legs goes straight to the grand final, and makes the Asian Champions League.

Then 3rd plays 6th i believe, and 4th plays 5th. The two winners out of those games then play each other in the minor final. Then the winner of that takes on the loser of 1st vs 2nd, to decide who will join the other team in the Grand Final. So, if 1st or 2nd lose, they get a second chance in the Preliminary final.

So, if you come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th, it's much harder, as you have to win 3 games before the grand final itself. But 3rd and 4th have a better chance as their respective finals games are at home first. Then if say 3rd and 4th have to meet in the minor final, then 3rd gets the home advantage. Then in the preliminary final, the loser out of 1 v 2 gets the home prelim.

Hope you understood that. haha.
So, the easy was to put it, is the two teams in the grand final make it to the champions league.

Wow. lol. I might start a save just to see how this works out. Non the less, i hope you finish in the top six