Newcastle Jets FC - It's just the start!

Wow. lol. I might start a save just to see how this works out. Non the less, i hope you finish in the top six

Thanks. And yeah, the six would be great, but i really want 4th or higher. Last season i finished 6th, as i said in the OP and we lost the opening final. So, a top 2 would be amazing, top 4 would be great, top 6 good.

25/01/12 - Update #6 - A-League [February]

View attachment 218718

Well, all i can say is... Very Dissapointing. A massive month ends in disaster as we only pick up 3 points from a possible 12. With only 5 games remaining, the race is heating up, and it doesnt look good. The good news is we still sit in 5th, but the chasing pack are closing in. With a change in management in the league again, things are spicing up. It's on, the A-League title race is heating up, who will take the crown!? Anyway, here are the results from February, the shocking results might i add.

February Results (Hyundai A-League)

Newcastle Jets 0-1Gold Coast United
NJ: None
GCU: Daish 22'

Wellington Phoenix 2-1 Newcastle Jets
WPX: Salles 50', Pavlovic 86'
NJ: Haliti 62'

Newcastle Jets 3-1 Melbourne Victory
NJ: Tiago 35', Grella 56', Griffiths 87'

MVC: Hernandez 59', Franjic CARD 45+1'

Perth Glory 1-0Newcastle Jets
GLO: Sterjovski 31'

What can i say, the month was a huge dissapointment, and has given us slim hopes of a top two finish. We must now win all of our games to make the top 2, which is unlikely. Lets begin with the worst loss of the month. The game i expected to waltz through. Well, it wasn't like that, Gold Coast showed that they are no pushover as they brushed us aside with a 1-0 win thanks to Daish in the 22nd minute. A tough match, and they had some good periods, but we dominated, just couldnt find the net. I went off at a few players after the game, and they accepted the fact that they played poorly. A dissapointing start to the month. Now, the Wellington game i knew would be tough, and it ended up being so. We actually took the lead, but two second half goals from Salles and former Jet Mirjian Pavlovic gave them the 3 points. This wasn't actually too bad, but the result just wasn't helping.

Finally, after four games without a point, we won. A terrific display, even though Melbourne were down to 10 men. The game was alot more comfortable than the scoreline shows. Hernandez' goal was not my defenders fault, it was really noone's fault, just his sheer brilliance. My vote for Goal of the Season. The ball was struck from about 35-40 yards out, and flew into the top corner, unbelivable. That was their only real chance, otherwise, we dominated and earnt that win. Finally, we head to NIB Stadium as i was shell shocked again. A new manager was in charge, and his name is Carlos Valderamma, who iv'e never heard of before, but it seems to be working well for them. Another loss for us, which leaves us 5th still, which thankfully, keeps us in the 6. Mile Sterjovski got the winner late in the first half, which was enough to bury us.

It was a tough month, but i thought it was going to be easier than i thought. There were good signs in the glory game, which followed the win, so hopefully we can keep the form going into the final month. There has been one massive set-back though, and that is Adwele Slory, by far our best player has been injured for the whole season, with a broken leg, which is horrible. We would have loved to have him for the finals, but it looks unlikely, but of course that depends whether or not we make the finals. But, on a good note, the rest of the squad is fully fit, bar Kasey Wehrman, who is getting back to full fitness after he dislocated his shoulder in the Gold Coast game. There are good signs, hopefully the bad and ugly is over, and now we can get ourselves in the top four! Here is that ladder you all want to see!

February A-League Ladder
1st
- Central Coast Mariners (38 PTS)
2nd - Melbourne Heart (37 PTS)
3rd -
Brisbane Roar (36 PTS)
4th - Sydney FC (34 PTS)
5th -
Newcastle Jets (30 PTS)
6th - Perth Glory (27 PTS)
7th - Wellington Phoenix (26 PTS)
8th - Adelaide United (25 PTS)
9th -
Melbourne Victory (25 PTS)
10th - Gold Coast United (18 PTS)

Well, a very interesting ladder now. With a change of the guard at the top, there could easily be a change at the spoon. The Central Coast, our rivals, now sit 1st, on 38 points, with the Heart one behind them, and Brisbane two behind. The Mariners have fought well and after a start of season slump, they are now leading the chasing pack, but i dont think the A-League has ever been this close. The next team to look at is Brisbane, they also started poorly, but they have picked themselves up under Ernie Merrick, and are now looking good in 3rd for a home Semi Final, but they could easily get top spot. Then, us. we sit 5th still, with 30 points. Thats only seven points between us and melbourne, and think about, we play Melbourne, Central Coast, Sydney and Brisbane in the final month, also we have Adelaide, so if we some how win all 5 games, we can win it, but it's unlikely. Of course we can just win 3 or 4, and results go our way, but in football, you have to focus on the job at hand, and thats for us to pick up our points instead of worrying about the other teams results. Finally, Melbourne Victory. They are a disaster, and Ange Postecoglu hasn't done much to help their cause, maybe it will take him till next season to sort things out, or will the victory board lose patience with him?. I think they should give him a go, let him have a whole off-season to prepare for next season. That's all for the ladder, and it's looking close, we can still get a home final, but of course, we could still miss out on the finals!

A shocking month in the league, but we can improve. Now onto the managerial news, injury news and transfer news. Theres nothing in new in the transfer department, but the board have told me to consider selling Vince Grella, as he is taking up a whole chunk in our wage budget, but i think i might try and see it out till the end of the season, then let him go. In the managers department, there was another change of managers, this time at Perth Glory. Finally Ian Ferguson was sacked, which i think was harsh, as they were doing really well. Carlos Valderamma took over, who has lost his first two in charge of them. Mosalman got injured, but not for too long, about a week for him. The other injury is only Slory, who we wont see for the rest of the season. Now, for the fixtures in March, the deciding month!

March A-League Fixtures;
Newcastle Jets vs. Adelaide United
Central Coast Mariners vs. Newcastle Jets
Newcastle Jets vs. Melbourne Heart
Sydney FC vs. Newcastle Jets
Brisbane Roar vs. Newcastle Jets

Well, it's going to be very tough. But, the fixtures are the ones that are the most important. Adelaide at home, we know we can win this, but again, we have to watch out, look what happened with the Gold Coast. Central Coast away will be difficult, but we always have a full stand full of away suppoters, so they will help. Then the home game agains't the Heart, who have been phenominal this season. It's at home, so again, it's winnable, but we need to stick to our game plan. Sydney, well, away from home it will be tough, but as long as we get in there, get stuck in and dont let them play their game, we can get something out of that, and the same goes with Brisbane. It's unfortunate that both of our two final games of the regular season happen to be against Sydney and defending champions Brisbane, and both away from home. Can we do it? We shall see.

Next update should be posted before midnight AEDST. For those who want to work it out, it's 3PM right now, so next update should be here in about 8-9 hours.

Last edited:
Guys, will be back on FM12 in about an hour, just about to watch the second half of the real jets match. Just if anyone wanted to know, 0-0 at half time :). We suck in real life, even though we have won a championship before.

Wow, never realised how the Aus league worked! Good update, keep up the good work!

Wow, never realised how the Aus league worked! Good update, keep up the good work!

Cheers mate. Yeah, the A-League is growing, but it will be lucky to even become as good as the Rugby League here. Always been a football fan, thankfully we have the EPL to watch here, never miss a Man United game.

The players are just slower, and the speed of the league is too slow. But, it's still good to watch. What i can't understand is, when Melbourne Victory play Adelaide or their big rivals Melbourne Heart, they get a full crowd, then another game, they cant get the same. Like, why cant the same fans come back for every game, not just them, every team. That's why i love the EPL.

Well, we ended up drawing 1-1 in the real life game, went down 1-0, came back and nearly won it late. ****! :(

26/01/12 - Update #7 - A-League [March] - Finals Series [Semi Finals]

View attachment 218789

What a month to cap things off. Dissapointing in parts, but pleasing none the less. With 2 huge wins, one draw which felt like victory and two defeats, one a bit embarrasing. With the our Rivals topping the table, we had to focus on our business at hand, and that was making the finals! Did we do that? find out in the results below, you will be amazed by a few.

March Results (Hyundai A-League)

Newcastle Jets 3-3 Adelaide United
NJ: Carney PEN 53', Tiago 77', Topor Stanley 87'
AU: McKain 10', Malik 29', Van Dijk 89'

Central Coast Mariners 4-1 Newcastle Jets
CCM: Ricco 18', Bozanic 45+2', Jukic 57', 76'
NJ: Brockie 34'

Newcastle Jets 3-2 Melbourne Heart
NJ: Tiago 2', Wheelhouse 66', Topor Stanley 73'
MHT: Duganzic 19', Zullo 64'

Sydney FC 1-0 Newcastle Jets
SFC: McFlynn 16', Jamieson CARD 7', McFlynn Pen Miss 84'

Brisbane Roar 1-2 Newcastle Jets
BRI: Rixon 1'
NJ: Tiago 15', Griffiths 35'

I must say, we ended the season on quite a high. With a huge win over the defending champions, and a good win over the Heart. But, lets begin with the opener agains't Adelaide. For sure this was the game of the season, as both sides went at it. We changed formations to a 3-4-3 for the first time in the season, and we thought it worked. Adelaide took a quick two goal lead into half time, then somehow, i thought this might be our month, as we scored three straight goals to set us on course for the epic win, but Van Dijk, saved United in the last minute, which was so dissapointing, after we fought back from two down to go 3-2 up. But, overall, a good point, considering we were under the pump early. Next up was the humiliation to our rivals. Was very impressed with Ricco, the first goalscorer, he tore us to shreds. We did level the game at 1 a piece, but that never looked like helping. We then conceeded another three, to hand our fans dissapointment, and believe me, ive felt it first hand, losing to the mariners at the central coast isn't the best feeling, especially when your away supporters bay is full compared to the home supporters bay.

Moving on, we then took on the Heart, who were second at the time, still trailing the ladder leaders, Central Coast. We finally managed to beat the Heart this season, as we won an epic. We opened the scoring very early through Tiago, but Mate Duganzic levelled it. This time we weren't to be denied, even though the Heart wen't 2-1 up. Instantly after their goal, we responded, and then won it through a Topor Stanley header, 17 minutes from time. Finally a win, which ended our shocking run of losses and draws. This was not to last though, as we seccumbed to a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Sydney FC, who were really good. Even though we were a man up, they were just a class above. They missed a penalty, but it didn't matter. We did end the month on a wonderful note though!

In our biggest win of the season, we came out and took the game to Brisbane. But, before we could even start doing that, we conceeded in the first minute. But, that was just a early blow that didnt effect us, as we dominated from the 2nd minute, right through till the 90th, and we managed two goals inbetween, giving us a historic 2-1 win, replicating the 2-1 win at Suncorp last season, but this one was special. Finally something to cheer about, and we did manage to make the finals, but the next game wont be easy. You will find out who soon. Here is the season ending Ladder, who won the minor premiership? who's playing at home in their respective Semi finals? well, here we go!

March & Final A-League Ladder
1st - Central Coast Mariners (51 PTS)
2nd -
Melbourne Heart (47 PTS)
3rd - Brisbane Roar (43 PTS)
4th - Sydney FC (42 PTS)
5th - Newcastle Jets (37 PTS)
6th - Perth Glory (32 PTS)
7th - Wellington Phoenix (31 PTS)
8th - Adelaide United (30 PTS)
9th - Melbourne Victory (27 PTS)
10th - Gold Coast United (24 PTS)

Well isn't that odd. There were no changes in positions what so ever, it was only the points which grew. So, as it stands, we have made the finals, but face a tough trip to Sydney, who we lost to in all 3 games this season, so it doesn't look good. But, if we can produce the same stuff we did agains't Brisbane in Sydney, than we can win this thing. Anyway, lets take a look at every team, and there performances.

Firstly, Gold Coast United. The seller dwellers. Woodern Spooners. What else can i say. They were horrible, even though we lost to them at home once, yes, at home. They just never looked like moving up, and im surprised Miron Bleiberg still has his job. The Melbourne Victory, in my opinion, the shock of the season. With new man Ange Postecoglu in charge, things got even worse, as they fell to 9th, after they changed managers when they were 7th. People must still be wondering why there was a change at the helm. Next up is Adelaide United, whom also provided a shock. Perhaps they were involved in the game of the season agains't us, but they were involved in drama and dissapointment. Now with no manager, the search is on. Next are the boys from across the Tasman.

Wellington Phoenix actually had a decent campaign, but they would have loved to make the finals. Regardless, Ricki Herbet's men should be proud of their achievements. Perth Glory, the boys from the West. Just managed to edge out Wellington for the important 6th spot, and now have a chance to win their first ever A-League finals game. Yes, Perth have only made the finals once before, and they never made it past the opening game, can they this time? We are up next. It was a sensational start to the season, as we were in the mix, around 1st, 2nd and 3rd until January hit, then we slumped to 4th and 5th, eventually ending in 5th, forcing us into a away meeting with Sydney FC. But, we can reflect on a successful season, which could have been better, if it wasn't for so many injuries to key players, ala Grella and Slory. Now, we move to Sydney themselves. They beat us comprehensively once, 4-1, and twice by the 1-0 margin. We always struggle agains't them, and this time around, things will hopefully be a bit different. They had a good compain, and Viteslav Lavicka should be pleased with a home semi position. As with the Brisbane Roar, who now have to go on the harder path to win their 3rd consecutive A-League crown. They made the major semi last year, and went on to win the title for a 2nd year in a row, can they make history and win 3 in a row?. Now, the Heart. Wow, just wow.

The Melbourne Heart performed above expectations and managed a 2nd finish. After leading the way for most of the season, they eventually lost top spot to the Mariners mid-January. But, new Heart manager Josef Hickersberger should be proud of 2nd spot. Can he lead the Melbourne Heart to the title in their second ever season in the competition. Now, we have the minor premiers, the Central Coast Mariners. The team who has shown everyone why they are the best, and now they have a great chance to win the Grand Final. The Mariners have made it to 3 Grand Finals, but have lost all 3 to all Newcaslte fans delight, especially the second loss as it did come to the Jets in the 2008 Grand Final, which was the same venue that we will play at agains't Sydney in the Minor Final. In other news, both the Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Victory are on top of their respective groups in the Asian Champions League. The Roar are on 9 points, as they have dominated to go 3 from 3. With 3 games to go, they look set to make the next round. Melbourne are level top on 5 points, after a win and two draws. Wouldn't it be interesting if they met in the next round!? Anyway, here are the Finals Series fixtures for weeks 1 and 2.

April - Hyundai Finals Series Fixtures

Week 1
Minor Semi Final #1
Brisbane Roar vs. Perth Glory - LIVE from Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (QLD)

Minor Semi Final #2
Sydney FC vs. Newcastle Jets - LIVE from Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney (NSW)

Week 2
Major Final - Leg #1
Melbourne Heart vs. Central Coast Mariners - LIVE from AAMI Park, Docklands, Melbourne (VIC)

It's looking like the next two weeks are going to be huge. So, lets review the fixtures. First up, we have the first Minor Semi-Final, as the Roar host the Glory. Brisbane, the champions, will be heavy favourites heading into this, but the Glory have been good away from home this season, how will they respond, for my sake, i hope its them who make it through. Then we come to our Semi Final, away to Sydney. This won't be easy. I plan on using the same side and tactics i used in the 2-1 away win in Brisbane, so hopefully Sydney fall to this aswell. I would accept a penalty shootout if it went to it. Slory will be out for a few days, so hopefully he can recover with full fitness in time. Finally, the Major Final's first leg.

It's the battle of the giants. The two teams who topped the ladder, the Melbourne Heart and the Central Coast Mariners. The Heart will be looking to use the likes of Alex Terra, the Golden Boot winner and Foreign Player of the Season to get the goals and give them the home edge, but the Mariners youngster Bernie Ibini-Isei, just named Young Player of the Season, will be looking to get the vital away goal. Who will come out on top? we will find out on the next update!

Before i go, i thought i might give you the list of awards for the season.

Goalkeeper of the Season - Eugene Galekovic - Adelaide United
Goal of the Season - Terry McFlynn - Sydney FC - Stunning curled effort from 34 yards out!
Foreign Player of the Season - Alex Terra - Melbourne Heart
Young Player of the Season - Bernie Ibini-Isei - Central Coast Mariners
Golden Boot [Top Goalscorer] - Alex Terra - 12 Goals - Melbourne Heart
Manager of the Season - Graham Arnold - Central Coast Mariners
Player of the Season - Brett Emerton - Sydney FC - AVG Rating of 7.56

Well there are the awards for the 12/13 Hyundai A-League regular season. One thing i didn't put in there, was an unbelievable achievement for myself, as i picked up third spot in the Manager of the Season award. A good achievement, and im very happy with that. So guys, i will update you again after the Major Final is over, should be a much shorter update then, thanks!

Alright guys, the next update will happen in the next hour or so, about to play the minor semi.

26/01/12 - Update #8 - Finals Series [Finals]

View attachment 218988
I couldn't be happier, we have made the Minor Final. After a pain-saking 120 minutes, plus another 10 or so in a penalty shootout, we emerged victorious, going one better than last season. This wasn't the only result of course, there were others, and you can see them all below.

April - Hyundai Finals Series Results

Week 1
Minor Semi Final #1
Brisbane Roar 2-1 Perth Glory - LIVE from Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (QLD)
BRI: Drewik 2', Archibald 62'
GLO: Amphlett 78'

Minor Semi Final #2
Sydney FC 0-0 (2-4p) Newcastle Jets - LIVE from Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney (NSW)
SFC: None
NJ: None - Haliti: Winning Penalty in Shootout

Week 2
Major Final - Leg #1
Melbourne Heart 0-1 Central Coast Mariners - LIVE from AAMI Park, Docklands, Melbourne (VIC)
MHT: None
CCM: Simon 37'
Well, it was full off drama, but it all went very well. A heart pounding two weeks. First up though, was the first of two minor semi finals. Perth were away to third placed Brisbane Roar. In what was an expected result, the Roar came out 2-1 winners. The stats told the whole story, as the Roar had 23 shots at goal, with amazingly 13 on target, and they only managed 2 goals. Perth got one, but it wasn't enough. So, now, the winner of the Sydney vs Jets game would take the other spot to face the Roar in the Minor Final. That team, was us. We managed to outlast 120 minutes to send the game into a shootout, and to be honest, we couldv'e won it in normal time. Our tactics worked and we took an early 2-0 lead in the shootout, then it was just hit and score from then on in until Haliti scored the decisive penalty to send us through. One better than last year, but can we go further?

Finally, we had the first leg of the major final, this being between the two best clubs in the country, throughout the season. The Mariners were away to the Melbourne Heart, in what was a calm affair. The mariners got that decisive goal, which has given them an away advantage heading into their home second leg. They are now firm favourites to go straight to the Grand Final, after Matt Simon nodded home from close range just before the break. A good two weeks, but can we continue our fairytale run? We will find out soon! Here are those fixtures now, for the next week.

April - Hyundai Finals Series Fixtures

Week 3
Minor Final
Brisbane Roar vs. Newcastle Jets - LIVE from Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (QLD)
Winner will face the loser of the Major Final in the Preliminary Final next week.
Major Final - Leg #2
Central Coast Mariners vs. Melbourne Heart - LIVE from Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford (NSW)

Very straight forward. We take on the Roar, who beat Perth, and the Mariners host the Heart in the 2nd leg of their semi final. If we win, we will take on the loser of that Major Final between the Heart and the Mariners, but if we don't, Brisbane will have the chance to get to their 3rd consecutive Grand Final. Can we do it?, we shall find out later today!

(Sorry that this one is short, i just dont think it needs too much covering. Will be playing the next game very soon, so i will get the next update up here very soon, thanks guys!

26/01/12 - Update #9 - Finals Series [Finals]
View attachment 218991Ryan Griffiths scores his second right at the death

The Newcastle Jets this afternoon have produced their best performance of the season, as they overcame the challenge of defending Champions, the Brisbane Roar. two second half goals from Ace Marksman Ryan Griffiths gave the Jets the vital win in the Minor Final, which now gives them a shot for a place in the Grand Final, as they clash with the Melbourne Heart in Newcastle. The Heart lost 3-2 to the Mariners in the second leg of their Major Final, with the Aggreggate score ending 4-2 in the F3 rivals favour. Now the Central Coast head straight for the Grand Final and for next years Asian Champions League, as Newcastle and the Melbourne Heart will battle it out for the right to join the Mariners in the big one. Here are all the highlights from last night's action.

Highlights play on screen. Then the interviews from the players follow, then the managers.

FoxSports: Ryan, it must be an honour to be the man who scored the goals which sent your team to the Preliminary Final, how do you feel?

Griffiths: It's amazing, i never thought this would happen, and it did. To beat the champions on their turf, not just once, but twice within 3 weeks is amazing.

FoxSports: Can you get to the big one?

Griffiths: I think we can. We have every chance, especially because we are playing at home. Melbourne were nice enough to let us host the Preliminary Final.

FoxSports: Yes, for those who don't know, this morning the FFA said that they feel the Preliminary Final requires a larger crowd, and they feel that Newcastle will bring a better crowd than Melbourne would, so they asked the Heart for permission, and they granted this, surprisingly.

FoxSports: Now we have Jets boss Nick Majurovski who joins us. Nick, wow, did you ever think your team could get this far?

Majurovski: I did, we have always had faith, and thankfully, towards the end of the regular season, the boys picked up some form, and now we have eliminated two of the biggest teams in the competition, Sydney and Brisbane.

FoxSports: You have done really well on a personal note, will you be staying with Newcastle regardless off the finals series' outcome?

Majurovski: I would like to, but we will have to wait and see what happens in the near future.

FoxSports: Good luck out there next week.

Majurovski: Thankyou!

- Guys, im actually thinking i will do the updates like this all the time now, its much easier for me, and gives it that professional approach. I feel that the other one took me a little too much, and a wall of writing like that, even though it was paragraphed didnt work well. Atleast here i can add a couple of photo's to my writing. I will come up with new and inivative things throughout the next campaign.

Last edited:
This is superb stuff, really good depth and you're teaching the guys who know nothing about the A-League a lesson, Keep it up

GONE WITH THE WINDView attachment 219005Lavicka's final salute to the Sydney FC fans

Viteslav Lavicka has been sacked as manager of Sydney FC, after a very dissapointing season. Yes, they may have made the finals, but they were expected to make it to the grand final. According to Sydney FC chairman David Traktovenko, even the fact that Sydney FC didn't make it to the Major Final was dissapointing enough, and then to go out in the first minor semi final, at home to Newcastle was even bigger. Now, instead of Sydney, it will be Newcastle playing for a place in the Grand Final tomorrow night. It was a shock to see this happen, but that's the way football is sometimes, now can they find a suitable replacement?

David Traktovenko: "It was an obvious decision to let Viteslav go, we just didn't achieve what we should have with the squad we currently have. With the likes of Nicky Carle, Bruno Cazarine and even Brett Emerton, we only managed a 1 week finals birth. Hopefully the next man for the job will get us to glory next season. We will announce the new manager in the next few weeks, as we are in no hurry since the season just ended, thankyou."

That was the press statement released by Sydney FC today. We will let everyone know who the new man in charge is when we find out, so stay tuned to Fox Sports News throughout the next few weeks.

A NEW DIRECTION
View attachment 219018
New boss in charge, can he make a difference?

It's official, Sydney FC have a appointed Hristo Stoichkov as their new manager. Only days after the sacking of Viteslav Lavicka, the Sydney FC board didn't take long to appoint the new boss. We expected this to take weeks, but it didn't. Sydney obviously had their next target already in mind, and look who it is. Hristo, Bulgarian is a former star player who has ended up in the managerial career. Regarded as one of the best footballers of his generation, he is now hoping to bring his knowledge and experience to the desperate Sydney FC. They started the season well, but ended it poorly. Can Hristo help them achieve better things next season?

David Traktovenko: "We are happy to announce Hristo as the new man in charge. He is successful, and was regarded as the best player of his generation. We will work with him, and he will hopefully bring us success in the near future. We welcome him to the club in open arms."

Hristo Stoichkov: "Im delighted to be here. Sydney is one of the biggest clubs in Australia and deserves success. Unfortunately Viteslav was unable to get the job done, and i wish him the best in his future endevours. I will come into management here and produce the best possible coaching for the boys. I won't be involved with the lads training wise obviously till next season, but i will get a chance to meet the boys later this week."

Clearly Hristo is settling in well, but can he produce the goods for Sydney next season?. Just a quick reminder, tonight, make sure you tune in to Fox Sports 1, 1HD, 13D for the Preliminary Final between the Newcastle Jets and the Melbourne Heart. It's live from 7:00pm, kick-off is at 8:00pm.

ON THEIR WAY!
View attachment 21913508' Grand Final, it's on again!

It's official, the Newcastle Jets are going to meet the Central Coast Mariners in the A-League Grand Final. Two goals from Ryan Griffiths and one from Mohamad Mossalman have given the Jets a comfortable 3-0 win infront of 24,330 fans. This clearly means alot to the City of Newcastle, and you can see how much it means to the fans, as they displayed their passion for the town with a banner that read NEWCASTLE in giant letters on one stand of the stadium, what an effort. The Jets will meet the Mariners for the second time in a Grand Final, and will be looking to make sure the Central Coast lose a 4th Grand Final.

It will be on in the big one, but who will come out on top?. The Mariners will be heavy favourites, but we cant count out the Jets. The Jets aren't too happy that the venue is going to be Bluetongue Stadium in the Central Coast as it only holds 19,000 people. The last time the two met in the final it was neutral, played in Sydney infront of 36,000 fans. Even though Sydney is closer to the Central Coast, you could have put money on Jets fans turning up in numbers, regardless, its sure to be a great and historic Final.

Wow, i didn't even realise i didn't complete this story! i had way too much on my hands!

we won the grand final for those who wanted to know, i will be producing a new story when my copy of FM13 arrives in the next two days. This time, using the Western Sydney Wanderers!