Newcastle Statement

• Thread starter Thread starter jnrsnes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 3K
im certain wolves will go down next season.
agreed, they got lucky wins over spurs which is the main reason they stayed up, they just play 4-1-4-1 and every now and again decide to punt it up to doyle

Newcastle's problem is that they also need to keep wages under control. Players on a free transfer are usually on a free transfer because their wage demands are too high for their current club. It's interesting how Newcastle gambled this season on keeping that squad, and fair play to them it's worked, but it has come at a price and you may have to yo-yo unless there's three worse teams than you in the PL next season.

We'll get a few wage gobbling players on free transfers.

Didn't think we'd spend anyway.

As for Bolton, I hope they get relegated along with Blackburn. Really hate the way those teams play their football.

Since Coyle took charge Bolton have changed there style of play, Watched them a few times now and they are 'watchable' I think it will be interesting to see how they look next year.

Newcastle's problem is that they also need to keep wages under control. Players on a free transfer are usually on a free transfer because their wage demands are too high for their current club. It's interesting how Newcastle gambled this season on keeping that squad, and fair play to them it's worked, but it has come at a price and you may have to yo-yo unless there's three worse teams than you in the PL next season.

I assume most of there players will have a clause to regain previous wages following promotion?

The quality is there already to survive, which must be the target for next year. I am interested to see how Houghton will get on.

You could make a good side out of all those free players!!

And that Lucarelli celabration.....never seen that done before.....

England:
Mikael Silvestre (Arsenal)
Philippe Senderos (Arsenal)
Juliano Belletti (Chelsea)
Martin Petrov (Manchester City)
David James (Portsmouth)
Morten Gamst Pedersen (Blackburn)
Jermain Beckford (Leeds)
Joe Ledley (Cardiff)

Spain:

Raul Tamudo (Espanyol)
Robert Pires (Villarreal)
Juan Albin (Getafe)

Germany:

Hamit Altintop (Bayern Munich)
Jermaine Jones (Schalke)
Jose Paolo Guerrero (Hamburg)

France:

Kim Kallstrom (Lyon)

Italy:

Mark Bresciano (Palermo)
Per Kroldrup (Fiorentina)

Scotland:

Kris Boyd (Rangers)

If we can get those players and sell few flops, I am sure we can finish confortably in top ten.

Aren't Newcastle losing money due to the massive wages they paying to players? Like they are paying the likes of Barton £50,000+ per week? Wouldn't it make sense to free up some of the wages before offering contracts to massive players such as Kallstrom?

Your lucky that there will be at least 3 teams that are probably worse than you in the EPL next season. WBA will go down, whoever goes up via playoffs will go down then you have the likes of Wigan/Brum (Reading#2?)/Bolton etc..

Id love to know how were in that list! If we havent proven were capable then i dont know what we can do. Yes second season sindrome, but there are 11 teams worse than us over 38 games! End of.

I think that we need to look at dropping wages aswell, as there are five or six on wages well over 50k pw. Kallstrom would be a brilliant acquisition, I always liked him, especially on Champ Man 4:) I think we only need some rotational players, and a goalscorer(Lucarelli would do for me) to give the squad better depth. We have also today promoted 5 of the youth squad to the 1st team. Haris Vuckic(AM, everyone expected him to be 1st team), Bradden Inman(MF, similar to Nolan), Steven Folan(CB), Samuel Adjei, Phil Airey(ST), who excelled with the youth side last season.

Id love to know how were in that list! If we havent proven were capable then i dont know what we can do. Yes second season sindrome, but there are 11 teams worse than us over 38 games! End of.

You can't predict what will happen.

You may stay up. You may go down.

We may stay up. We may go down.

Odds of Newcastle breaking into the top four are 40/1...

.. what the ****.

Our team is pretty awful atm, by prem standards, we actually have a worse strikeforce than Burnley/Pompey/Hull.

We need to bring in someone that can score goals in the prem, or I suspect we will come back down next year.

Odds of Newcastle breaking into the top four are 40/1...

.. what the ****.

Our team is pretty awful atm, by prem standards, we actually have a worse strikeforce than Burnley/Pompey/Hull.

We need to bring in someone that can score goals in the prem, or I suspect we will come back down next year.

Agreed.

Carroll, Lovenkrands, Ameobi and Best just don't cut it.

I think we need this:

GK: Fine for this season with Harper.
LB: OK with Enrique but we need backup.
CB: If Taylor stays we'll be OK.
CB: I don't think Coloccini is reliable enough but he'll stay.
RB: We need a new player. Fast.
LM: Jonas is good. Leave him.
CM: Guthrie, Smith, Nolan and Barton to choose from. We're fine.
CM: Same as above.
RM: Need a new winger. Routledge won't cut it.
ST: New one needed now. With pace.
ST: Keep Carroll. He'll link up nicely with a pacey player!

Agreed.

Carroll, Lovenkrands, Ameobi and Best just don't cut it.

I think we need this:

GK: Fine for this season with Harper.
LB: OK with Enrique but we need backup.
CB: If Taylor stays we'll be OK.
CB: I don't think Coloccini is reliable enough but he'll stay.
RB: We need a new player. Fast.
LM: Jonas is good. Leave him.
CM: Guthrie, Smith, Nolan and Barton to choose from. We're fine.
CM: Same as above.
RM: Need a new winger. Routledge won't cut it.
ST: New one needed now. With pace.
ST: Keep Carroll. He'll link up nicely with a pacey player!

Agree with that, apart from I think we should try and get David James, better than Harper and will want to play Prem football.

Why did we sign Best and Routledge on Perminent deals when neither are Prem standard and we were already in a great position for being promoted? Loaning them would have made sence, but nmot buying them.

Agree with that, apart from I think we should try and get David James, better than Harper and will want to play Prem football.

Why did we sign Best and Routledge on Perminent deals when neither are Prem standard and we were already in a great position for being promoted? Loaning them would have made sence, but nmot buying them.

Routledge has been great but a stupid signing. God knows why we signed Best. XD

I think we could improve on Harper but it isn't number one concern. :)

Well, he isn't a Premier League player so technically we've bought a player to be used over six months and not again.

Why isn't he a Premier League player? He had an absolutely cracking season in 2004/05.

Since then he just wasn't really given the chance but you never know, now full of confidence he might be able to recapture it for you next season.

Tbh, I really liked Routledge this season, he's a pacey winger, that's what we need on counter-attacks. I don't know why people are criticising Routledge, he wasn't given a chance to prove himself at Tottenham/Villa, that's why he couldn't cut out as a Premier League standard. I think he'll do well and the reason Hughton bought Best & Routledge was because we were still in Championship, remember our team was pretty small and they were good enough for Championship, but I wouldn't say Routledge can't be good enough for Premier League. I saw he got technique, speed, pace, he can do it.
Best isn't the best deal anyway, but I am sad that we can't see Martins no more, as we were linked with him. :(

Back