Newcastle United - Managing My Beloved

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
1590844041548.png

NEWCASTLE UNITED - MANAGING MY BELOVED

My Aberdeen save is no more - qualifying for the Europa League final in my 2nd season ruined it in a perverse way so I reloaded my old Newcastle save and thought it looked amazing and so here I am - trying to recreate it lol.

I haven't pre-empted the takeover so haven't given us £300m in the transfer market - everything is as it should be. I look forward to managing the likes of Danny Rose, Valentino Lazaro and Nabil Bentaleb who I didn't have in my previous save.

My aim is simple - world domination with my beloved Newcastle United!!!!!!

--

1590844216336.png

FACTFILE

Founded
Nickname - The Magpies
Ground - St.James' Park
Capacity - 52,354

HONOURS

First Division Winners
- 1904-05, 1906-07, 1908-09, 1926-27

Second Division/Championship Winners
- 1964-65, 1992-93, 2009-10, 2016-17

FA Cup Winners - 1909-10, 1923-24, 1931-32, 1950-51, 1951-52, 1954-55

Charity Shield Winners

Inter-Cities Fairs Cup Winners
- 1968-69

UEFA Intertoto Cup Winners

1590847472621.png

PRE-SEASON

So I take over the club with loads of pre-conceived ideas about my first team squad and who I want to have around me - believe my Joelinton is lucky that I cant sell him straight away!!!!!

In all so far I have spent just under £55m and recouped almost £45m in player sales. Apparently according to my coach reports 90% of my players are playing at a good or leading championship level which I find incredibly insulting and shows whereabouts we should be although I am aiming for a top half finish at the very least.

I also overhauled my backroom staff and even appointed Mchael Laudrup as my assistant manager. Former Newcastle players who have joined my coaching team include Dave Beasant and Darren Jackson while I paid Leeds United £1.6m for Leeds United's director of football Victor Orta and appointed former Scotland international John Collins as my U23 manager.

So without further ado here are my player sales.

--

PLAYERS OUT

Federico Fernandez was the first out the door and joined Bournemouth for £9m. I had a plethora of centre backs at the club so moved on the oldest and we will be reunited soon enough as we face Bournemouth on the opening day of the season.

Burnley and Dinamo Moscow came to my aid big time as both of them signed 2 players from me each. Burnley took Manquillo (£7.75m) and Matt Ritchie (£6.75m) while Dinamo Moscow brought in Christian Atsu and Yoshinori Muto for £5.75m each. None of those players were in my plans or much liked by me apart from Ritchie.

Dwight Gayle joined Derby County for £7m and Henri Saivet is off to Saudi Arabia to play for Al-Hilal at a cost of £3.8m.

Finally I loaned out Jack Colback to Rangers.

--

PLAYERS IN

I desperately needed 4 players. A first choice striker to get Joelinton out of the side and 2 AMC's as I had none in my squad and wanted to play my 4-2-3-1 formation. I also needed a backup right winger to compete with Allan Saint-Maximin.

My new striker and my most expensive summer signing was the £29m capture of Odsonne Edouard. I toyed with the idea of signing Alfredo Morelos who I signed in my original Newcastle save and also Josef Martinez of Atalanta United who has a great friendship with Miguel Almiron but I stumped for the more expensive Edouard. At 21y/o Edouard has a great future and alongside Saint-Maximin is our best player at the club.
edouard.png

I also raided Celtic to sign my backup reserve winger in the shape of Karamoko Dembele for £8.25m. The 16y/o winger was part of my original Newcastle save and from memory I paid nearly £20m for him so to get him so cheaply is great. He isnt really up to the required standard yet but has time on his hands and will get plenty of opportunities to develop.
dembele.png

My 2 AMCs are 2 players who I have never managed before so I am excited to see what they can do. Alexey Miranchuk joined from Lokomotiv Moscow for £7m while Lucas Robertone arrived from Velez Sarsfield for £5.25m. Both are quite similar in abilities and they will do battle for the one position. If one doesn't perform the other will jump in. Simples.
miranchuk.png
robertone.png

Finally I paid £4.4m for Jetro Willems to make his loan move permanent. The Dutch international is a terrific player but may struggle to start many games at LB as Danny Rose is at the club but there is no clause to buy Willems so he may have to bide his time and wait until next season.
willems.png

--

SQUAD

I am happy with how things are looking - at least until January anyway! I still have £6m to spend in the window and need to bring in another left winger. Dubravka will be my keeper, Lascelles and Schar will be my first choice CB pairing and Danny Rose will be my LB but at RB I have to choose between Valentino Lazaro or DeAndre Yedlin. Lazaro isn't a natural RB but is the better player so we shall see.

Bentaleb and Shelvey will be my CM partnership and the attacking midfield 3 will be Almiron and Saint-Maximin on the wings and one of Miranchuk or Robertone at AMC. Odsonne Edouard, naturally, will be my first choice striker.​

Good luck with this. Great signings. Eduard is destined for bigger things than Celtic so you've got a great goalscorer ready to get you going. Karamoko is such a talented youngster as well. Considering I struggle to spend money on most of my saves £6m sounds an awful lot but I never go EPL sides so it's probably not. A few years from now he will hopefully be tearing it up for club and country (Scotland ;))interested to see whats next.

1590912528315.png

AUGUST

bournemouth.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Rose (Willems), Bentaleb*, Shelvey (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Almiron (Dembele), Edouard

I am delighted with this victory. I would have gladly taken a draw beforehand so to get all 3pts with a side that are still getting to know eachother is extremely pleasing. We fell behind early doors but Nabil Bentaleb curled a low shot past Ramsdale from 25 yards for the equaliser. We took the lead when Fabian Schar headed in a Miranchuk free-kick and we managed to hold on for the points. Odsonne Edouard had a pretty poor debut although he did have a late goal disallowed.

At 16 years and 169 days Karamoko Dembele became the youngest ever Newcastle United player here.

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Hayden, Dummett, Schar, Rose (Willems), Bentaleb*, Shelvey (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Almiron, Edouard (Carroll)

Unbelievably I went into this game with 6 defenders injured and 7 in total!!! Isaac Hayden came in as a makeshift RB while Paul Dummett came in at CB where he is competent enough. In the end it did us no harm as we dominated but only managed the one goal and yet again it was from Nabil Bentaleb from 25 yards! Saint-Maximin had a goal disallowed also.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Rose, Bentaleb, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk (Robertone*), Almiron, Edouard (Carroll)

Introducing Lucas Robertone!!!!!!Robertone came on when we were 2-0 up and it was looking like a fantastic away day but Robertone came on and scored 2 magnificent goals. The first was a long range strike into the bottom corner and the 2nd was a free-kick into the top corner. Edouard got his first goal for the club here but played poorly overall.

West Ham actually had 17 shots to our 9 here lol.

--

Carabao Cup 2nd Round
cup.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Yedlin, Clark, Schar, Willems, S.Longstaff (Bentaleb), M.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin (Lazaro), Robertone (Miranchuk), Almiron, Edouard*

I didn't expect another 4 goal haul here considering I fielded a weakened side here. Odsonne Edouard was magnificent as he scored a fabulous hat-trick and also had a goal disallowed. We face Norwich in a few days time at home in the league so naturally I expect a victory.

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro*, Lascelles, Schar, Rose (Dummett), Bentaleb, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Krafth), Miranchuk, Success (Joelinton), Edouard

We make it 4 wins out of 4 in the league and just like a few days ago it was Edouard and Lazaro who did the damage with Miranchuk also chipping in with his 1st goal for us. Isaac Success made his debut here but he wasn't very successful in it lol.

--

SUMMARY

What a start to the season we have had! Sure we had a kind fixture list but to win all 5 games in both league and cup and are sitting pretty at the top of the table. The highlight for me was our excellent 4-0 win away to West Ham where despite having about half of West Ham's efforts we slaughtered them.

Most of my new players have settled in quite well. Odsonne Edouard struggled in the first few games but a hat-trick against Norwich soon turned that around. Nabil Bentaleb has really surprised me and he scored 2 stunning long range efforts in our first 2 games.

There was some transfer activity. Some of my reserves have been sold or loaned out and I moved to bring in 3 more players. I needed another LW and after a loan deal for Nakajima of FC Porto fell through due to him not getting a work permit I moved to sign Isaac Success on deadline day. He looks a decent player and will do a job until I can find someone permanently.
success.png

I brought in 2 hot prospects for the future. Lewis Ferguson joined from Aberdeen for £1.5m and I immediately loaned him back for the remainder of the season while I paid £2.9m to bring in Pelayo Morilla from Sporting Gijon and he joined Tranmere on loan.
FERGUSON.png

morilla.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NABIL BENTALEB
bentaleb.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
aug.png

Bentaleb lol.

Good to see Edouard (i can never guess the right spelling) hitting form eventually and you've made a very good start.

Lewis Ferguson is another talented youngster, was alright at Hamilton but has kicked on at Aberdeen. I used to sign him on previous FM games but it looks like he's been given a big boost in this years version.

No doubts you'll kick on from here.... and keep raiding the Scottish league.

:ROFLMAO:(y)

1591039965007.png

SEPTEMBER

man utd.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Rose (Willems), Bentaleb, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk (Robertone), Almiron, Edouard (Joelinton)

We gave it a good go here but unfortunately suffered our first defeat of the season. We arguably deserved a draw but it was not to be.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Rose, Bentaleb, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin*, Miranchuk (Robertone), Almiron (Dembele), Edouard (Joelinton)

Well hello there!!!! What a victory! Man City had double our shots and had 60% possession yet we walk away with all 3pts. We got the lead through Saint-Maximin and he also had a 2nd goal disallowed and then even more astonishing the useless (in real life) Joelinton headed in the 2nd. Fantastic.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
birmingham.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Yedlin, Clark, Dummett, Willems, Hayden (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff, Dembele, Robertone, Success, Joelinton (Carroll)

We make it through and deservedly so - it was just a shame that we didn't get the job done before the penalty shoot-out. We won 6-5 on penalties (we missed 2, they missed 3) and Jude Bellingham missed their last penalty and Ciaran Clark stepped up to win us the match.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Rose, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff*), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Miranchuk, Almiron, Edouard (Joelinton)

Wolves headed into this game unbeaten but we put an end to that here. Our winning goal came when Joelinton knocked the ball down to Sean Longstaff who fired in first time from the edge of the area.

--

SUMMARY

We had some tough fixtures this month but we came through it brilliantly and even kept 3 clean sheets in our 4 matches. We started the month by losing to Man Utd in a tight match and then followed that up with a stunning home victory over Man City. We defeated Birmingham on penalties in the Carabao Cup and ended the month by beating Wolves 1-0 and we end the month 2nd in the table.

In the Carabao Cup we face another midlands side, WBA, at home so that is a good chance to progress.

Finally (and finally lol), my chairman Mike Ashley is in talks to sell the club but alas it is not with the Saudi Arabian royal family lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MARTIN DUBRAVKA
DOOBS.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
sep.png

Bentaleb lol.

Good to see Edouard (i can never guess the right spelling) hitting form eventually and you've made a very good start.

Lewis Ferguson is another talented youngster, was alright at Hamilton but has kicked on at Aberdeen. I used to sign him on previous FM games but it looks like he's been given a big boost in this years version.

No doubts you'll kick on from here.... and keep raiding the Scottish league.

:ROFLMAO:(y)

There are 2 other SPL players that I am keeping an eye on. Also a championship lad

Dubravka. I think he's the most underrated goalkeeper in world football. Seen him at Hampden Park when Scotland played Slovakia and he put in probably the best performance I've ever seen from a keeper live in person.

1591122201268.png

OCTOBER

watford.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Rose, Bentaleb, Shelvey (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk (Robertone), Almiron (Dembele), Edouard

This was an enthralling match. We surged into a 2 goal lead and were looking comfortable but then Roberto Pereyra scored twice in 4min to drag themselves level in the 2nd half but Karamoko Dembele tapped in the winner for us to become the clubs youngest ever scorer.

What a day for Daryl Janmaat. He scored an own goal for us and his appearance triggered a transfer clause and we got £100,000 due to that!

--

villa.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Rose (Willems), Bentaleb (Hayden), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Success, Edouard*

Like most Newcastle fans I hate Aston Villa so to put 4 past them is extremely pleasing. Isaac Success scored a stunning volley from the edge of the area while Yedlin came into the side and really impressed with 2 assists.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro (Yedlin), Lascelles, Schar, Willems, Bentaleb, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Miranchuk (Robertone), Success, Edouard

This defeat was tough to take. We were awful in the first half and were 2-0 down but they had Lo Celso sent-off on the stroke of half-time and that proved to be key. We came back out in the 2nd half and clawed the game back to 2-2 but unforgivably we threw it away moments after equalizing.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
wba.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin (Krafth), Dummett, Lejeune, Willems, Hayden (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff*, Dembele, Robertone, Success, Joelinton

My backups were fantastic here and won comfortably. Isaac Success continued his goal scoring streak with a fine finish, Lejeune added the 2nd and Sean Longstaff struck from outside the area to seal things in the 2nd half.

--

SUMMARY

We had an entertaining month here! We started things by edging out Watford in a 5 goal thriller before thrashing Aston Villa and then we faced Spurs but this time we were defeated in a 5 goal thriller and annoyingly so as Spurs played half the match with 10 men. We then went on to beat WBA in the Carabao Cup and have been drawn away to Man City in the quarter-finals.

Things are going well though. We are level top of the league which is surprising but our next match is away to Chelsea who are top of the table and are unbeaten.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ISAAC SUCCESS
isaac.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
oct.png

Dubravka. I think he's the most underrated goalkeeper in world football. Seen him at Hampden Park when Scotland played Slovakia and he put in probably the best performance I've ever seen from a keeper live in person.

He is fantastic. Probably just behind Shay Given as my favourite Newcastle keeper. Always remember his debut against Man Utd when we won 1-0 thanks to a Matt Ritchie goal and he was amazing. Probably one of only a few players who I would keep around if the Saudis take over.

1591209710728.png

NOVEMBER

chelsea.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Lazaro, Lejeune, Schar, Rose (Willems), Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Success, Edouard (Joelinton)

Back to back 3-2 defeats now. We gave it our best and tbh Chelsea completely outplayed us in the first half and just about deserved to nick it. We move on but need to end this slump.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems (Rose), Bentaleb, Shelvey (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin (Almiron), Robertone, Success*, Edouard

After 2 straight league defeats I decided to shake things up a little bit and dropped the atrocious Danny Rose and the out of form Miranchuk. In the end we won easily and Isaac Success continues to be a surprising Success as he got 2 goals here. Danny Rose responded to being dropped by coming off the bench and assisting the 3rd goal.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems, Bentaleb, Shelvey (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin (Yedlin), Robertone, Success (Almiron), Edouard*

Southampton are rock bottom of the league and only just won their first league game last week when they put 6 past Norwich away but any bubble they were in after that was well and truly burst here. We peppered their goal in the 1st half and had an Edouard penalty to show for our efforts and he added the 2nd late on.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems, Bentaleb, Shelvey*, Saint-Maximin, Robertone (Miranchuk), Success (Dembele), Edouard

Very nice. I don't know how Shelvey got the MOM award as he didn't even get an assist!

--

SUMMARY

Look at us sitting pretty at the top of the league!!!! Despite losing against Chelsea we bounced back with 3 terrific victories and we end the month 1pt at the top of the league. We are scoring goals for fun and Edouard and Saint-Maximin seem to have developed a great understanding with each other and are banging in the goals and getting assists.

I got a link up with Hearts this month (I don't think I can get Aberdeen due to their link up with Atlanta United) and regarding the takeover the talks have failed so as things stand the Fat Cockney ******* is still in charge.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ODSONNE EDOUARD
oe.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
NOV.png

1591439503436.png

DECEMBER

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems*, Bentaleb, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Robertone, Success (Almiron), Edouard

We rack up our 4th win in a row in the league and were excellent in doing so. Odsonne Edouard just cant stop scoring at the minute!

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Willems (Dummett), Bentaleb, Shelvey (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Robertone (Miranchuk), Almiron, Edouard

We took a surprise lead here when Edouard (who else? lol) struck but we couldn't hold on and tbh Liverpool deserved their victory.

--

palace.png

Lineup - Darlow, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems (Dummett), Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Almiron, Edouard (Joelinton)

Now this is a disappointing result. We took the lead when Almiron struck for the 1st time this season but got pegged back just before half-time. Despite dominating we couldn't find the winning goal and had to settle for a point. Dubravka was ill so Karl Darlow came in for his first appearance.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final

2-2.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Shelvey*, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Robertone, Almiron, Edouard (Joelinton)

I am gutted. This was an enthralling game and we more than matched Man City and twice came back from behind to level things and when Almiron got his 2nd late on I thought the positive momentum would carry on and help in the shoot-out but alas it was not to be as Shelvey and Joelinton missed and Man City didnt.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems, Bentaleb (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Miranchuk*, Almiron, Edouard (Joelinton)

We end our mini slump in form with a great win here. We fell behind but levelled when Edouard converted a penalty and we took the lead late on when Miranchuk fired in a free-kick. Leicester had a last minute goal disallowed thankfully but Saint-Maximin got injured and will be out for a little while.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Willems (Rose), Bentaleb, S.Longstaff, Lazaro, Miranchuk (Robertone), Almiron (Success), Edouard

This was a weird match. We were poor in the first half but were winning 2-1 at half-time and then in the 2nd half we were excellent but conceded the lead and ended up drawing the match. I would have taken a point before the match but I feel that this is a missed opportunity.

--

2-0.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Willems, Bentaleb (Hayden), S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Almiron, Miranchuk, Success (Joelinton), Edouard*

Fantastic. Almiron had a goal disallowed before Edouard stepped up to the plate with 2 goals. He has now scored in 10 of our last 13 league games and has 13 goals in those games. Mourinho has still never won a league game at SJP!!!

--

SUMMARY

2019 ends and we are in fine fettle. We are sitting pretty in a Champions League spot and actually level top. If Liverpool had already played their game in hand and won it the top 4 would all have 44 pts!!!! We did have a few sticky results as we lost to Liverpool in the league and Mn City in the Carabao Cup - albeit on penalties and we also dropped 2pts to Crystal Palace.

On the other hand we got great victories over Spurs and Leicester and also a creditable draw away to Arsenal.

Going into the transfer window I have next to nothing to spend but there are a few players who I am looking to sell so there may be some reinforcements coming in.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ODSONNE EDOUARD
ODSONNE.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

DEC.png

Watford sack Nigel Pearson and appoint Steven Gerrard
Southampton appoint Paco Jemez as manager after sacking Hasenhuttl​

So glad you do another Newcastle save. The first one was awesome to follow. It's funny, every FM, I tend to play various saves, but for whatever reason Newcastle always hooks me into a few saves with them. They're just so fun to try and turn into European powerhouse they should be.

Really hoping in real life their sale brings them back.

1591458857853.png

JANUARY

watford.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro*, Lascelles (Lejeune), Schar, Willems, Bentaleb, S.Longstaff, Dembele, Miranchuk, Almiron, Edouard (Joelinton)

I had a pop at Watford's new manager - Steven Gerrard - before the match so it was nice that my players didn't make me look stupid as they won here.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
bristol.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Yedlin, Clark, Lejeune, Rose, M.Longstaff (Hayden), S.Longstaff, Miranchuk (Lazaro), Robertone, Success, Joelinton (Carroll)

I put my faith in my backups but they couldn't get the job done as we laboured to a draw so a replay beckons. A couple of players who were involved here are soon to leave so I will have a stronger side out for the replay I would imagine.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar (Lejeune), Rose, Bentaleb*, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Miranchuk, Almiron, Edouard (Joelinton)

A classic smash and grab job this. Wolves were by far the better side yet we walk away with all 3pts despite having Bentaleb sent-off. It was Bentaleb who set us on our way with a stunning 25 yard volley and Almiron doubled our lead shortly after half-time. Wolves kept on creating chances and missing sitters but finally pulled one back and then when Bentaleb got his marching orders I felt the game slipping away but in stoppage time Florian Lejeune scrambled home a 3rd and we were victorious.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay
replay.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Lejeune, Dummett, S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Dembele*, Robertone, Success, Joelinton (Carroll)

We get the job done here thanks to Karamoko Dembele who scored 2 goals. I am happy for him as he was due to get a run of games when Saint-Maximin got injured last month but Dembele also picked up an injury so couldn't take advantage. Andy Carroll came off the bench to thump in an effort from outside the box to get the 3rd was a great moment.

--

villa.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar (Lejeune), Dummett, Bentaleb, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk (Robertone), Almiron (Dembele), Edouard*

We have drawn Villa away in the FA Cup so hopefully this is a good sign. Edouard was at the double and he also had a late goal disallowed. This is the 4th time in the league this season that we have won 4 games in a row - we havent extended that to 5 games yet.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Willems (Rose), Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin*, Miranchuk, Almiron, Edouard (Joelinton)

We do make it 5 wins in a row!!! We were excellent here and fully deserved our win. To win so convincingly with just one signing - Odsonne Edouard - is quite something. Jonjo Shelvey finally got his 1st goal of the season here.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
5-3.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles (Lejeune), Schar, Willems, Bentaleb, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Almiron, Edouard*

A boring cup tie - nothing to see here.

LOL!!!

What a game!!! We were 2-0 down early on and struggling and then Jetro Willems pulled a goal back to give us some hope for the 2nd half. Then in the 2nd period we blew them away. Edouard scored his first hat-trick for the club and St.Max added the 5th and all of a sudden we were cruising. They pulled a goal back but it was not enough.

Get it up ye Villa.

--

SUMMARY

What a fun month this was!!!! There was plenty happening both on and off the field so lets get on with giving you the update.

In the league we won all 4 games as Watford, Wolves, Villa and Arsenal were all despatched comfortably enough and we are on a run of 5 league wins in a row. That sees us top the table by 2pts which is stupid but exciting. There are 5 teams in this title race so its going to be exciting!

In the FA Cup my backups drew 2-2 with Bristol City at home before going to Ashton Gate and thumping them 3-0. In the 4th round we were 2-0 down early doors to the hated Aston Villa but we recovered to win 5-3 and a tie against Cardiff City awaits in the next round.

Now for the transfer news and I sold 3 players immediately. Isaac Hayden joined Schalke 04 for an initial £24.5m which is a great price considering he barely featured this term. It was just a pity that due to a transfer clause Arsenal got nearly £4m of that deal.

Ciaran Clark joined Monterrey for an initial £4.3m and Emil Krafth signed for Jeonbuk for £4.7m. A few reserve players left and Andy Carroll agreed to sign for Trabzonspor on a pre-contract the day before he thumped in a goal against Bristol City in the FA Cup.

Incoming were 3 players...….

My first signing was Nathan Ferguson from WBA for £10.25m. I needed another CB with Clark leaving and the 19y/o is a hot prospect so I met his release clause. He should hopefully develop into an England international and I am delighted to bring him in.
FERGUSON.png

Then I signed a player who I hadnt thought of until my DOF put a bid in for him. The initial bid was rejected but I upped it a little bit and despite having enough transfer funds (by £500k) to complete the deal Mike Ashley agreed to go through with the transfer so in comes Everton from Gremio for £21m. I signed him in my Benfica save and although he struggled at first he really kicked on and I think he will be a star for me and although I love Miguel Almiron (my cat is called Miggy after him) I fear he is now 2nd choice for the LW.
evertonp.png

Finally I brought in a personal FM20 favourite of mine on a pre-contract but paid £170,000 to bring him in immediately to help my reserves as Isaac Lihadji joined from Marseille
lihadji.png

Also I appointed Shay Given as a goalkeeping coach so I am delighted to welcome him back to the club and there are also more rumours regarding a takeover although Mike Ashley has just agreed to improve the training facilities.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ODSONNE EDOUARD
edouard.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

JAN.png

West Ham sack Moyes and replace him with Martin Jol​

So glad you do another Newcastle save. The first one was awesome to follow. It's funny, every FM, I tend to play various saves, but for whatever reason Newcastle always hooks me into a few saves with them. They're just so fun to try and turn into European powerhouse they should be.

Really hoping in real life their sale brings them back.

Yeah I looked at my old save and kinda regretted stopping it in hindsight looking at the squad. This is it for me apart from a side project that is soon coming up...…….

Cheers for your comment

1591472530531.png

FEBRUARY

burnley.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems (Rose), Bentaleb, Shelvey (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk*, Everton, Edouard

Everton's debut brings us a 6th win in a row although admittedly he was a bit quiet.

--

bmouth.png

Lineup - Darlow, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar (Lejeune), Willems, Bentaleb, S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin (Almiron), Robertone, Everton*, Edouard

What a comeback!!! From 2-0 down to win 3-2 and we fully deserved it as we peppered the Bournemouth goal. Everton scored his first 2 goals for the club and Edouard also struck as we completed a great comeback. Dubravka, Miranchuk and Shelvey were all injured for this match so Darlow, Sean Longstaff and Robertone came in.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Darlow, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems (Rose), Bentaleb, S.Longstaff*, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Robertone, Everton (Almiron), Edouard

8 wins in a row now in the league - can the title be won? Surely not! Sean Longstaff got the winner here although Saint-Maximin had a goal disallowed.

--

palace.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems, Bentaleb, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin*, Robertone, Everton (Almiron), Edouard (Joelinton)

We played here and were the better side but we got incredibly lucky here as Palace had 2 goals disallowed. We were 1-0 up and barely holding on and sure enough Palace equalised but we went up to the other end of the park and St.Max scored his 2nd to win the game for us.

--

SUMMARY

4 league games played, 4 wins and we end the month 6pts clear at the top of the league albeit Liverpool have a game in hand - surely we cant win the title? We had 4 favourable fixtures this month and harder fixtures are to come but we are living the dream at the moment.

Can it get any better? Well possibly! The latest takeover news is that a business tycoon is in talks to take over the club in a £459m deal and apparently he is going to invest £70m into the club. We shall see.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SEAN LONGSTAFF

LONGSTAFF.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
FEB.png

Leicester sack Brendan Rodgers​

Last edited:
1591520966269.png

MARCH

FA Cup 5th Round
cardiff.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Ferguson, Lejeune, Rose (Dummett), M.Longstaff, S.Longstaff, Dembele (Lihadji), Robertone, Almiron, Carroll*

Through we go thanks to Andy Carroll's double as my backups did the job. Lihadji made his debut here.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar*, Rose (Willems), Bentaleb, S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Miranchuk, Everton, Edouard

Well now - what do we have here? We beat Liverpool and move 7pts clear at the top of the table. Odsonne Edouard got the only goal of a tight match which makes it 20 in the league for him this season and Fabinho missed a late penalty for them. 10 wins in a row now in the league!!!!

--

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Rose (Willems), Bentaleb, S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk (Robertone), Everton*, Edouard (Joelinton)

We just keep on winning!!!! This was a tight match and we took the lead through St.Max but they deservedly equalised and the game was on a knife edge. Joelinton scored late on but it was disallowed however Everton struck in stoppage time to win us the match. If we keep on winning we cant get caught!!!!!!

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
qf.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Rose (Willems), Bentaleb, S.Longstaff (Shelvey), Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk (Robertone), Everton, Edouard

We make it into the semis but it should have been so much more easier as we were 2-0 up and cruising with just 2min to go but somehow we got pegged back. There were no goals in extra-time but fortunately we won the penalty shoot-out 4-2. I have now given up on Danny Rose - he just puts in one poor performance after another and I am sick of it.

--

SUMMARY

There was so much going on this month both on and off the field. On the pitch we only had 4 matches with 2 league matches and 2 FA Cup fixtures. In the league we got a stunning 1-0 win over Liverpool and followed that up by beating Sheffield United 2-1 to make it 11 wins in a row in the league and with just 8 games to go we have a 6pt lead.

In the FA Cup my backups beat Cardiff thanks to a classic Andy Carroll performance and then we edged out Southampton on penalties after we threw away a 2 goal lead in the last 2min and we have drawn Arsenal in the semis.

The youth intake was OK - I did get a decent looking goalkeeper with 4 star potential - lets hope he develops!

Arguably the biggest news though is the takeover. Mike Ashley is gone!!!!!! Incoming is former Bradford City chairman Edin Rahic and he immediately set to work to improve the clubs facilities and put £12m extra into the club. He then decided to sign 2 players despite me having no transfer funds left and so I am getting Unai Nunez (£26m) and Dani Ceballos (£16.75m rising to £22m) forced on to me in the summer. Both players are decent don't get me wrong but I would have spent that money elsewhere tbh.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EVERTON
no14.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
MARCH.png

Manchester City sack Pep Guardiola and hire Max Allegri
Spurs sack Jose Mourinho​

1591560007906.png

APRIL

brighton.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems, Bentaleb*, Shelvey (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Everton (Almiron), Edouard (Joelinton)

12 wins in a row now in the league. Brighton sacked Graham Potter and appointed Stale Solbbaken during the international break but he saw his new team well beaten here. Nabil Bentaleb was excellent - I still haven't decided whether or not to pay the £10m to make his loan move permanent.

--

Untitled.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Willems (Rose), Bentaleb*, Shelvey (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Everton, Edouard (Joelinton)

Get in!!!! 13 wins in a row was achieved thanks to Nabil Bentaleb smashing in a long range strike. He has 6 goals for us now and all have come in patches where he scores in 2 successive games. Chelsea had an early goal disallowed but defeat here realistically ends any title chances that they had.

--

4-0.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar (Ferguson), Willems, Bentaleb, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin*, Miranchuk, Everton (Almiron), Edouard

This was our game in hand over other clubs and we smashed it. We scored 4 times against doomed Southampton and we move 9pts clear over Liverpool but they have a game in hand over us. We are almost there!!!! Unfortunately Saint-Maximin got injured and will miss the FA Cup semis.

--

FA Cup Semi-Final
semi.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Lejeune, Willems*, Bentaleb, Shelvey, Dembele, Miranchuk (Robertone), Everton (Almiron), Edouard

We reach the FA Cup final with a hard fought victory over Arsenal here. We fell behind but levelled when a speculative long range effort from Willems was fumbled into the net by the Arsenal keeper Okonkwo. Why Okonkwo was playing I don't know as Leno was on the bench but the 18y/o Nigerian kid worth £4,000 got the nod strangely. Odsonne Edouard struck the winner and that was that.

--

everton1-0.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems*, Bentaleb, Shelvey (S.Longstaff), Dembele, Miranchuk (Robertone), Everton, Edouard (Joelinton)

15 league wins in a row. This was Sean Dyche's first game in charge of Everton and he can be considered to be very unlucky that his side didn't get at least a point as they missed a load of chances. Dembele struck the winner for us though and it clinches a Champions League spot for us and with that I have been given a transfer budget for next season of £75m.

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Schar, Rose (Dummett), S.Longstaff, Shelvey, Almiron, Miranchuk (Robertone), Everton (Lihadji), Edouard

The win streak in the league is over and perhaps surprisingly it is Norwich City who end it. We were pretty poor and one of my players was a disgrace and surprise surprise it was Danny Rose. Pathetic doesn't do him justice and he is at risk of me disliking him in real life now lol.

Norwich had a goal disallowed and this is just the 2nd time in the league this season where we have failed to score.

--

SUMMARY

We are on the brink of greatness. My players (not Danny Rose) just keep grinding out the results and we are one win away from securing the title. Even then Liverpool need to win their last 4 matches although we do have to play both of the Manchester sides. Our next match is against West Ham at home though so hopefully we will beat them.

We also reached the FA Cup final by beating Arsenal and in the final we will play Norwich City who just ended our long winning run in the league so while we will be huge favourites it is by no means secure.

With me getting next seasons transfer budget I immediately moved to bring in Nabil Bentaleb permanently for £10m. He has been excellent for us and scored some vital goals. With the near £50m having already been committed in spending to bring in Ceballos and Nunez from my chairman I don't know how much my transfer budget was affected because of that.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NABIL BENTALEB
BENTALEB.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
APRIL.png

Spurs appoint Carlo Ancelotti as their new manager from Everton
Everton replace him with Sean Dyche
Potter leaves Brighton and they bring in Stale Solbakken​