Newcastle United - Managing My Beloved

1591640049592.png

MAY

west ham.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Shelvey*, Dembele, Miranchuk, Everton (Almiron), Edouard

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

We knew a win would confirm us as champions and win it we did. Goals from Miranchuk and Edouard gave us a comfortable win and a 5th clean sheet in a row in the league and we are unbeaten in 20 matches. Edouard scoring means he is 1 goal behind Sergio Aguero in the goalscoring charts.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems, Bentaleb, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Miranchuk (Robertone), Everton (Almiron), Edouard

This performance was absolutely pathetic. Maybe my players were still drunk from celebrating the title win? Everton - who has been shocking recently - got injured and will miss the FA Cup final. I did think about resting my first picks but decided against it and that is the outcome. A bad day at the office.

--

manu.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Lazaro, Lascelles, Schar, Willems (Rose), Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Shelvey, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk (Robertone), Almiron*, Edouard

A fine way to end the league campaign. Edouard and Almiron got us the goals while they had one disallowed and Edouard put a penalty wide. Just as well Aguero scored twice as I would have hated to see him miss out on the golden boot due to that.

--

FA Cup Final
final.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Lazaro*, Lascelles, Schar, Willems, Bentaleb (M.Longstaff), Shelvey (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Almiron (Dembele), Edouard

WE WIN THE FA CUP!!!!

This was an easy match. We took the lead and shortly afterwards they had a man sent-off and after that it was a case of just seeing it out. Saint-Maximin sealed things and that was that.

--

SUMMARY

We won the double!!! What a great end to the season. We clinched the title with a victory over West Ham and that meant we could relax in our last 2 league games however due to our opponents and me wanting Edouard to get the best chance of finishing up as the leagues top scorer I played a full strength side. In the end we lost to Man City but beat Man Utd on the final day of the season.

In the FA Cup final we faced Norwich and we beat them 2-0 fairly easily after they had a man sent-off.

End of season post to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ODSONNE EDOUARD
11.png

1591646828606.png

END OF SEASON POST

What a season that was!!!! We did a Leicester and stormed to the title, surprising everybody in the process. We lost a few games but an incredible 15 game win streak propelled us to the title. All it needed was a quality striker in Odsonne Edouard and a half decent AMC in Miranchuk and we were away. That being said we had to put up with Danny Rose lol.

The title win was miraculous and in the end we won it by 9pts and we had so many memorable moments - too many to mention. We were 2nd top scorers and had one of the best defences and would have had the best defence had we not lost 3-0 to Man City in the penultimate game of the season.

In the Carabao Cup we got to the quarter-finals before losing out to Man City on penalties but in the FA Cup we were victorious. We beat Bristol City after a replay, overturned a 2-0 deficit to beat Aston Villa 5-3 and went on to beat Cardiff and Arsenal before we won 2-0 against Norwich City in the final to complete the double.

There cant be any complaints about my first campaign. The club is in a good position. The stadium is getting expanded, we will be in the Champions League and I now need to strengthen the squad for next term as half my squad are leaving!!!!

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

may.png

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD
squad.png

squad2.png

Goalkeepers - Martin Dubravka was obviously the main man and was 2nd in the Golden Glove rankings such was his proficiency. He only missed 3 games and that was when Karl Darlow came in. Darlow was valued at near £10m at the start of the season but is under a million now - should have sold him early doors.

Defenders - Lascelles and Schar were my CBs and they did well. I would have expected more goals from them but I suppose in the end they are there to stop the ball going into our goal and they did that very well. Jetro Willems was excellent at LB while Danny Rose was a disgrace - and that's me being kind.

A special shout out goes to Valentino Lazaro who was my RB despite not being a natural there. He did very well, scored a few goals and contributed a the most assists but I am not paying £20m on a makeshift RB and I wont be looking to bring him back despite him being very impressive.

Midfielders - Nabil Bentaleb was the surprise performer and was arguably my best player of the season. He scored some stunning long range strikes and some important ones too. His partner in midfield was Jonjo Shelvey and while only scoring once he did quite well. As for the Longstaff brothers, Sean did very well but Matty didn't get much of a chance to shine.

At AMC Miranchuk had a good first season with the club without being outstanding. He scored a few goals and never really gave Lucas Robertone a sniff tbh. On the wings Almiron and Everton were very disappointing on the left hand side and arguably Isaac Success played better than them both but I ostracised him when Everton arrived in January. On the other side Allan Saint-Maximin was fantastic as he scored 17 goals and was a constant menace. Karamoko Dembele was a decent backup and is still only 17y/o.

Forwards - My big summer signing, Odsonne Edouard, was fantastic as he bagged 32 goals in all competitions. He was disappointing at times but as a young player that can be expected and his goals propelled us to the title. Joelinton was useless as expected while Andy Carroll barely played but without his double in the FA Cup we wouldn't have reached the final.

My Player of the Year - Nabil Bentaleb
My Young Player of the Year - Odsonne Edouard
Donkey of the Year - Danny Rose!!!!!!!
Must Improve - Everton

--

SUMMER PLANS

I have a big job ahead of me. Definitely leaving are Lazaro (unfortunately), Darlow, Lejeune, Carroll and Rose but there are other players who I want to move on and I will have to be creative in the transfer market. The chairman obviously has signed Nunez who will replace Lejeune and Ceballos who will replace nobody while Freddie Woodman returning from loan will fill the Darlow spot.

I definitely need a new RB and a backup striker but depending on other sales I will have to bring in other players to replace them and I would like to bring in some younger players also to strengthen my reserves and give me more squad depth.​

1591810617856.png

PRE-SEASON POST

I love pre-seasons but I must admit that this one was a tad problematic. I had so much transfer work to do and I couldn't really afford to bring in any huge signings in fact my 2 most expensive signings ended up being the 2 brought in by my chairman when he took over in February!!!!! In all I brought in 17 players and sold almost as many although I have spent over £70m more than I have recouped!!!!

Also you have to factor in that Danny Rose and Valentino Lazaro left the club after their loan deals left so despite being the surprise champions I really had a squad overhaul on my hands. I had some transfer targets as my first choice and I didn't get a single one. I tried to get Max Aarons, Ben Godfrey, Jude Bellingham, Aaron Hickey and James Maddison amongst others but no dice.

So here are my transfer dealings............

--

PLAYERS OUT

out.png
out2.png
out3.png

First of all ignore Sean McDermott. I brought him in for a pittance and immediately flipped him for a sizable profit. 2 of my first choice players left. Jonjo Shelvey got moved out as the arrival of Ceballos meant that I had one extra midfielder. I offered Lewis Ferguson out on loan to Hearts but he rejected it so I will use him as backup and Shelvey had to go. Tbh he was in the shadow of Bentaleb last season and I have the 2 Longstaff's coming through. £15m came in from Celtic which is not bad.

The wonderful Martin Dubravka left because I wanted a younger man in goal and I had a replacement lined up so off he went.

Some of my backups went. The useless Joelinton left for a cut price £6.5m which left me with just Edouard as a striker after Andy Carroll moved on too. Florian Lejeune left for £6m to make way for the incoming Unai Nunez. Karl Darlow left for a ridiculously cheap £750,000 as I had Freddie Woodman coming back from loan.

Players who returned from loan also left. I was pleased to get £5.75m for Jacob Murphy and to get £2.5m for Rolando Aarons was also a decent piece of business. Dan Barlaser got a small fee while Rob Elliot and Jack Colback were released at their end of their contracts.

I also loaned out a few players as per usual.

--

PLAYERS IN

IN.png

IN2.png

Quite a few here!!!!!

Firstly I will introduce the 2 Spaniards that were forced upon me and who were my most expensive signings. Unai Nunez came in from my FM favourites Athletic Bilbao for £26m. The Spanish international is just as good as Fabian Schar and is a definite improvement on Lejeune and young Ferguson so he will have a season to prove himself. Its the same kinda situation for Dani Ceballos. He is better than I already have but really needs to impress to stick around for next season. They are both quality players though and I will make sizable profits I imagine.
nunez.png
ceballos.png

Next up is my new RB and it is a return to the club for Kevin Mbabu who I brought in from Wolfsburg for £13.5m. The fact that he qualifies as a homegrown player by the club is a huge bonus and I expect him to impress.
mbabu.png

Also coming in for £13.5m is a player who I haven't really seen before and that is Leonidas Stergiou. The 18y/o Swiss wonderkid will be a backup CB but with European football to deal with he will get plenty of chances.
stergiou.png

Now for my 2 backup strikers. First of all I signed the transfer listed Michy Batshuayi from Chelsea for much cheapness. To get a £30m striker for a 3rd of the price was too good a chance to miss and he will certainly prove to be an able backup to Odsonne Edouard.
batshuayi.png

Then I had to bring in another one and I needed a youngster to chip in now and again so I thought back to my Benfica save and brought in my star striker in that save - Kaio Jorge. I paid £11.75m to bring in the 18y/o Brazilian from Santos and he will hopefully develop into a future star.
kj.png

Now let me introduce you to my new goalkeeper. Dominik Livakovic was signed from Dinamo Zagreb for £10.5m. I have seen him before and I think he will prove to be one of the top keepers in the world as he is decent enough just now but he can still improve in my eyes.
livakovic.png

Now I don't need to post Nabil Bentaleb who I brought in for £10m to make his loan deal permanent and that was a bargain. All the rest of my signings were youth players and regens and I will just post a screenshot of the best ones.
brunet.png
schwaiger.png
rodriguez.png

There is still a little bit of money to spend but we shall how things turn out.

--

SQUAD AND SEASON AIMS

I think I have improved my squad ever so slightly. Maybe not much regarding the first XI but the levels of my backup players have certainly increased. Livakovic replaces Dubravka, Mbabu comes in for Lazaro and Ceballos for Shelvey while Nunez and Schar will do battle and other than that it is the same. With European football to navigate my backup players will play a part and that can only be good to see my young players develop.

Regarding the season I want to retain the Premier League as even though we won it surprisingly last season my players have set a standard and they have to live up to that as a minimum. The domestic cups are largely down to the draw and we shall see how we go while in the Champions League it largely depends on the group despite us being seeded but I would like to think that we could get through to the knockout stages.​

1591907041601.png

Newcastle United 4-3 Manchester City 2004

AUGUST

FA Community Shield

View attachment 506880

Lineup - Woodman, Mbabu, Lascelles (Schar), Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin*, Miranchuk (Robertone), Everton (Almiron), Batshuayi (Kaio Jorge)

We win the Community Shield but the winning margin flatters us massively in fact Liverpool were arguably the better side. We took the lead when Saint-Maximin picked up the ball in his own half and he beat a few players to score while Kaio Jorge came off the bench to score 2 penalties. Livakovic and Edouard are injured and on international duty respectively so Woodman and Batshuayi came in.

--

View attachment 506885

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Almiron), Miranchuk*, Everton, Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

Kaio Jorge is certainly making an impression!!! I signed him as my 3rd choice striker and after coming off the bench to score twice on his debut I decided to drop Batshuayi completely here and KJ came off the bench again and scored twice again but this time he didnt need penalties!!!

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos*, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Everton (Almiron), Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

A very good away performance as we limited them to very few chances and were quite ruthless ourselves. St.Max headed in the first and created the situation for the own goal that sealed things. Kaio Jorge came off the bench but didn't score!

--

man city.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems (Hickey), Bentaleb, Ceballos*, Saint-Maximin (Almiron), Miranchuk, Everton, Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

Despite spending big on the likes of Harry Kane, James Ward-Prowse and Gabriel Barbosa, Man City have had a horrendous start to the season and so it continued here as we got a comfortable victory. Ceballos set up both goals while Edouard was **** again. Young Aaron Hickey made his debut here.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Miranchuk, Almiron, Edouard (Batshuayi)

I said Man City spent big but Man Utd (along with Chelsea) topped them and the likes of Sancho, Pellegrini, Cavani, Golovin and Semedo have rocked up at Old Trafford during the summer and that just shows how far ahead they are individually. In the end they scored 2 goals right at the death to win which was extremely harsh on us and Odsonne Edouard's poor start to the season continued as he missed a first half penalty.

--

SUMMARY

I almost packed a pre-season's worth of news into one month here as there was so much going on with matches, cup draws and transfers. I will start with matters on the field and we opened the season with a great 3-0 victory in the Community Shield over Liverpool and Kaio Jorge introduced himself by coming off the bench to score twice. He repeated that feat on the opening day of the league season as we beat Bournemouth and excellent victories over Leicester and Man City followed before we fell foul to Man Utd by conceding 2 goals extremely late on.

Regarding the cup draws we have been given Leeds United at home in the Carabao Cup while in the Champions League we have been given an OK but awkward group as we have to play Monaco, Roma and Borussia Monchengladbach.

Now for the transfer news and I was thinking of getting an AMC but my first move was to bring in a LB as for some reason Leeds United bid an astonishing £19.5m for Paul Dummett so off he went. My DOF put in a £8m bid for Man City's Angelino but I cancelled that and brought in Aaron Hickey from Hearts for £5.5m as his replacement instead. Hickey is only 18y/o and I hope he will develop into a star for club and country.
hickey.png

The departure of Dummett made me realise that I had been a dummy as I needed at least 8 players trained in England and I only had 6 so I needed to bring in a couple of more players. I tried to sign Saka from Arsenal for £15m plus Miguel Almiron but Almiron rejected the move to Arsenal so the deal fell through. In the end I plumped for Nathan Wood of Middlesbrough and I also brought back to the club Lewis Gibson from Everton on loan. Wood is a decent looking prospect but as ever will need games to develop. I will show a screenie of him only.
wood.png

Then on deadline day I made the move to sign Giovanni Reyna from Borussia Dortmund for £20.5m. The 17y/o wonderkid has declared himself to play for England and in time will be a homegrown player. He is a natural at both AMC and MC and I hope he will prove to be an inspired signing. I did want Jude Bellingham but he wasn't interested in talking to me. With Reyna coming in Lucas Robertone has been loaned out.
reyna.png

I brought in a few more younger players to be loaned out or to help the reserves and that's that!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI CEBALLOS
DC.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
aug.png

--

TRANSFERS
transfers.png
transfers2.png

Last edited:
1591946757002.png

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=newcastle+v+leeds+1989&&view=detail&mid=5D74CAA3B3D8D6E45C2B5D74CAA3B3D8D6E45C2B&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=newcastle%20v%20leeds%201989&qs=n&form=QBVR&sp=-1&pq=newcastle%20v%20leeds%201989&sc=0-22&sk=&cvid=FB4D72804E7B4C09A23AAB05D553BD90

Newcastle United 5-2 Leeds United - 1989

SEPTEMBER

fulham.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin*, Miranchuk (Reyna), Everton (Dembele), Edouard

A convincing victory as we bounce back from the Man Utd game. Edouard finally got off the mark for the season and Reyna made his debut from the bench.

--

UEFA Champions League Group G
bmgb.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles (Schar), Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Everton (Almiron*), Edouard

We return to Champions League action (yes we have been here before lol) with a decent victory. Edouard gave us the lead and then had disallowed before we got pegged back but Almiron came off the bench to strike the winner.

--

palacw.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu (Yedlin), Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb, Ceballos*, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Everton (Almiron), Edouard (Batshuayi)

We were 1-0 down and struggling but 2 goals in as many minutes from Ceballos won us the match. He has been amazing sice he has joined - my chairman made a good decision after all!!!

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
pens.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Yedlin, Stergiou (Miranchuk), Schar, Hickey, S.Longstaff (Ferguson), M.Longstaff*, Dembele, Reyna, Almiron, Batshuayi (Kaio Jorge)

This is the first of a double header at home to Leeds and I went with my backups here and they got us through but it should have been far more comfortable. Matty Longstaff fired us into a 2 goal lead and we were cruising but we allowed Leeds back into it and were taken to penalties. In the shoot-out the first 10 pens were all scored and Hickey converted our 6th and they missed so we won. Ferguson and Stergiou made their debuts here.

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos*, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk (Reyna), Everton, Edouard (Batshuayi)

Leeds are managed by Sam Allardyce so to thrash his team 5-1 just days after knocking them out of the Carabao Cup is particularly pleasing. We fell behind but quickly levelled when Edouard converted a penalty and then they had a man sent-off and it was a case of when and not if we would get the winner really. Didn't expect Lascelles to score but he did and Ceballos got another double.

--

monaco.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Everton (Almiron), Edouard (Batshuayi)

2 wins out of 2 has given us a perfect start to our Champions League campaign. Batshuayi got his first goal for us and even had an injury time effort ruled out for offside.

--

SUMMARY

While September was a hugely successful month with us winning all of our matches played I am still not overly happy with how things are going. The reason for that being that the likes of Bentaleb and Edouard whose form has basically fallen off a cliff while Everton never had form to fall off any cliff and has been extremely disappointing. I may have to review the situation in January when the transfer window opens and I have 2 players coming in anyway.

Anywho we are doing well in the league, top our Champions League group and have Man City at home in the next round of the Carabao Cup.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI CEBALLOS
SPANIARD.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
sep.png

Last edited:
1591970207007.png

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...st+ham+v+newcastle+OWEN+HAT-TRICK&FORM=HDRSC3

West Ham 2-4 Newcastle 2005

OCTOBER

burnley.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu (Hickey), Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin*, Miranchuk, Everton (Almiron), Edouard (Batshuayi)

A very good away day performance - apart from Edouard and Everton of course who were pathetic yet again. I can understand maybe Everton's struggles as he obviously hasn't settled into English football but as for Edouard he was on fire last season and has just lost the plot.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Schar, Nunez (Stergiou), Willems*, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk (Reyna), Everton (Dembele), Edouard

Before the match I read the riot act to Everton and Edouard - Edouard responded while Everton didn't. Lascelles was suspended and his replacement, Schar, scored the opener. We got pegged back but Edouard gave us the lead. Then in the 2nd half Dembele came off the bench to score with a thunderous strike and Ceballos wrapped things up.

--

roma.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu (Hickey), Lascelles, Nunez*, Willems, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk (Reyna), Almiron (Dembele), Edouard

Fantastic. I dropped Everton for this match and brought in Almiron who was slightly better but not much. This win has us 5pts clear at the top of the group and looking pretty good for the knockout stages.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems*, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Reyna (Miranchuk), Almiron (Dembele), Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

Our first draw in the league this season and it was enthralling one as both sides went at it. We fell behind and then moments later we had a great chance to equalise but Edouard sent his penalty wide. We bounced back in the 2nd half with a freak goal from Bentaleb and a header from Dembele but unfortunately we just couldn't hold on.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
MAN CITY.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Yedlin, Schar, Stergiou (Miranchuk), Hickey, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff (Ferguson), Dembele, Reyna, Everton, Kaio Jorge (Batshuayi)

WOW!!!!

The moment the team sheets were announced I thought that we were ****** as I was forced to play my backups while Man City were basically full strength but somehow we managed to sneak through in an epic encounter. We quickly went 2-0 down but pulled one back when Everton scored on his return to the team. That brief moment of joy didn't last long as Kane scored to put them 3-1 up and it was looking like it was all over.

It was still that way with 10min to go but 2 goals in 6min from Sean Longstaff and Batshuayi took us to penalties. They blinked first and then Everton missed for us and then we just kept on scoring and we were at 8-8. They missed through Walker but Yedlin flashed his penalty wide and then it was down to the keepers. Bravo missed for them and Livakovic struck his home to make us win 9-8.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu (Hickey), Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Dembele (Everton), Reyna*, Saint-Maximin, Edouard

Very nice. We got off to a perfect start when Reyna scored his first goal for us in the 2nd minute and then when Pedro got sent-off for them we just needed the 2nd goal to seal it and Odsonne Edouard duly supplied it on the hour mark.

--

SUMMARY

Another great month. Apart from a draw away to Arsenal we won every match and on most occasions we played pretty well. We beat Burnley before thrashing Everton and then drawing with Arsenal. We ended the month with an away victory over West Ham and we end the month level top although we lie in 3rd position.

In the Champions League we won away to Roma to all but win the group while the highlight of the month was the incredible cup tie with Man City where my backups came back from 3-1 down to draw 3-3 and win 9-8 on penalties.

I dropped Everton during the month and also Miranchuk and Karamoko Dembele and Giovanni Reyna came in and impressed. Hopefully that will give the bigger names a kick up the backside.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JETRO WILLEMS
WILLEMS.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
oct.png

Leicester sack Eusebio Di Francesco (didn't realise that Brendan Rodgers had gone)​

1592048528892.png

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...79B530909ACFEE8684D279B530909ACF&&FORM=VRDGAR

Newcastle United 4-3 Norwich City 2016

NOVEMBER

4-1.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles (Schar), Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Dembele, Reyna (Miranchuk), Everton*, Edouard (Batshuayi)

A great win and a great performance that secures our qualification into the knockout stages as group winners and look who finally put in a good performance - Everton!!!! He scored 2 goals including a sensational individual effort and claimed the MOM award. Pleased to see Dembele grab another goal too.

--

brentford.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Yedlin, Lascelles, Nunez, Hickey, S.Longstaff, Ceballos (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Reyna, Everton (Almiron), Edouard*

We were missing a few players but that didn't hamper us too much as Brentford are rock bottom. Edouard got a double while Reyna scored again and Everton was back to his old useless self again.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Schar (Stergiou), Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Reyna, Everton (Dembele), Edouard*

What a win this is. Chelsea probably deserved at least a draw but we were ruthless in front of goal with Edouard and Reyna scoring in the 3rd league game in a row. Reyna's goal was unbelievable as he converted after playing a few one twos with Jetro Willems.

--

mgb.png

Lineup - Woodman, Yedlin, Stergiou, Schar, Hickey, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff, Dembele, Miranchuk (Reyna), Almiron (Everton), Kaio Jorge (Batshuayi)

With the group already won I decided to field a side full of backups and they were unlucky to get beat here. Almiron had a goal disallowed that would have put us 1-0 up while Reyna came off the bench to net yet again.

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu (Hickey), Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Reyna*, Everton (Almiron), Edouard

Reyna is at it again!!! He scored 2 great goals here to give us victory with the first coming after linking up with Edouard and the 2nd being a free-kick he hammered home from distance.

--

SUMMARY

This month saw the emergence of Giovanni Reyna as a first choice pick. He came into the side and averaged a goal a game and whats more he links up well with Odsonne Edouard and his game has improved too so that is great. Miranchuk wasn't doing too badly but he wasn't contributing enough goals or assists but the 18y/o has certainly shone him up.

We sit pretty at the top of the league with ourselves, Man Utd and Liverpool threatening to break away. Next month will be hard though as we have loads of games and some tough fixtures to boot!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GIOVANNI REYNA
REYNA.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
nov.png

Fernando Santos is the new Leicester City manager​

Attachments

• 1592046061173.png
    1592046061173.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 50
  • nov.png
    nov.png
    838.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 1592046814708.png
    1592046814708.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

DECEMBER

sheff utd.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Yedlin, Lascelles (Schar), Nunez, Hickey, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin*, Reyna, Everton, Edouard (Batshuayi)

Reyna's goal scoring run comes to an end but we still managed to win fairly comfortably despite falling behind early doors. Our equaliser was sensational as Saint-Maximin volleyed home first time from the edge of the area.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Yedlin, Lascelles, Nunez, Hickey, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin*, Miranchuk, Everton (Almiron), Edouard

A decent point away from home with Saint-Maximin getting 2 goals and the MOM award. He went off injured with 10min to go so we ended the match with 10 men. Ceballos also picked up an injury and he will be out for a few weeks.

--

monaco.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Yedlin*, Stergiou, Schar (Wood), Hickey, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff, Dembele, Miranchuk, Almiron, Batshuayi (Kaio Jorge)

We wrap up the group stages with a boring win but it was a good experience for my backups. Nathan Wood finally made his debut here.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Yedlin, Lascelles, Nunez (Schar), Willems, Bentaleb, S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin*, Reyna, Everton (Almiron), Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

What a fabulous result this is. We move 5pts clear of Liverpool with this terrific victory. The game was on a knife edge until Saint-Maximin stepped up as he scored a fabulous solo goal and then crossed for Kaio Jorge to head in the killer 2nd.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
qf.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Schar, Willems, S.Longstaff (Ferguson), M.Longstaff, Dembele, Miranchuk, Everton (Almiron), Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

Our name must be on the cup. I had to field a weakened side here and it showed as Liverpool battered us from start to finish. They finally took the lead and were looking good but then late on Dembele and Miranchuk struck to send us into the semis. They still had time to have a goal disallowed. In the end they had 28 shots to our 7 lol.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu (Yedlin), Lascelles, Nunez, Hickey, Bentaleb, S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Everton (Dembele), Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

A horrendous, turgid and pathetic match. Both teams were awful but they got the goal and our 13 league game unbeaten run comes to an end.

--

villa.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems (Hickey), Bentaleb, S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Reyna (Miranchuk), Everton (Almiron*), Edouard

We get back on track with a narrow victory. Nunez had an early goal disallowed and we had to wait until Almiron came off the bench to score a fine goal to give us the 3pts. Villa sacked Dean Smith after this match.

--

ARSENAL.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Yedlin, Lascelles, Nunez, Hickey, Reyna (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin*, Miranchuk, Almiron (Dembele), Edouard (Batshuayi)

This is a sensational result and performance. We were unbelievable tbh and to see Sean Longstaff, Nunez and Hickey score is one thing but for all 3 to score in 35min in the same game is just ridiculous. A great way to end the calendar year.

--

SUMMARY

December was undoubtedly a tough month but I am proud of my players as they by and large got us some excellent results. In the league we were almost perfect. We got a magnificent win over Liverpool and thrashed Arsenal 4-1 however we did lose to Wolves and drew away with Spurs but despite all that we have relinquished top spot and sit 1pt behind Man Utd in 2nd place.

Our cup results and draws were perfect. In the Carabao Cup we somehow beat Liverpool 2-1 with a late comeback and also with a weakened side to set up a semi-final tie with Reading while we beat Monaco with my backups to finish the group stage and we have been drawn against Lyon in the knockout stages. In the FA Cup we are at home against Burton Albion.

I have arranged 3 transfers already for next month. One goes straight into the first team, one will be loaned out and one is good enough for the first team but will be loaned out and sold for profit hopefully.

Finally - take a look at the managerial merry-go-round down below!!!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALLAN SAINT-MAXIMIN

STMAX.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
dec.png

Frank Lampard is shown the door by Chelsea and in comes Diego Simeone
Carlo Ancelotti is sacked by Spurs and fellow Italian Roberto Mancini comes in
Leeds United get rid of Sam Allardyce and replace him with Slaven Bilic
West Ham dump Martin Jol
Everton sack Sean Dyche and poach Scott Parker off Fulham
West Ham, Aston Villa and Fulham need new managers​

1592130453337.png

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?.../search?q=newcastle+4-3+leicester&FORM=HDRSC3

Newcastle United 4-3 Leicester City 1997

JANUARY

FA Cup 3rd Round

burton.png

Lineup - Woodman, Yedlin, Stergiou, Schar, Hickey, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Bellingham (Ferguson), Dembele*, Miranchuk, Everton, Kaio Jorge (Batshuayi)

I obviously fielded my backups here and recent signing Jude Bellingham made his debut here. We won easily enough as we crashed in 4 goals in the first half an hour. It would have been nice to add more in the 2nd half but it wasn't to be.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
reading.png

Lineup - Woodman, Yedlin, Stergiou, Schar, Hickey*, S.Longstaff, Ferguson, Dembele, Miranchuk, Almiron (Everton), Kaio Jorge (Batshuayi)

My backups got another showing and they did a fine job and we are basically in the final now. Aaron Hickey has scored in our last 3 games - not bad for a 18y/o left back!!!!!

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu (Hickey), Lascelles, Nunez, Willems*, S.Longstaff (Ceballos), Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Reyna, Everton (Dembele), Edouard

My first team came out from the cold and got a victory with a standard performance here. Hickey didn't score but I will let him off with that lol.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, S.Longstaff (Bellingham), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Reyna, Everton, Edouard*

Everton are fighting against relegation and we piled on the misery here with victory. To be fair though they put in a decent performance and had a goal disallowed at 1-0 so it could have ended up differently.

--

av.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Ceballos, Dembele, Reyna*, Everton, Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

I dont really like Aston Villa so this is a good win. Both sides had goals disallowed - ours was from Reyna - while Kevin Mbabu got his first goal for the club.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
sheff wed.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu, Stergiou, Schar (Wood), Hickey, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Bellingham, Dembele, Miranchuk, Everton, Batshuayi*

I put my faith in my backups to see us through and they did fine. Michy Batshuayi scored a brace to take him up to 5 for the season.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
2nd.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu, Stergiou, Schar, Hickey, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff, Dembele, Reyna*, Everton, Batshuayi (Kaio Jorge)

This was a nothing match as the first leg victory basically had us through. We won thanks to goals from my 2 Brazilians Everton and Kaio Jorge.

--

leicester.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Reyna, Everton (Dembele), Edouard*

--

SUMMARY

A perfect month. We had 8 matches and won all 8 as we hit a great run of form. In the league we had 4 matches and we end the month a point clear at the top of the league ahead of Man Utd. Liverpool are just a bit behind but their last result was an 11-0 victory over Sheffield United!!!!

In the Carabao Cup my backups beat Reading home and away to take us into the final against Man Utd while in the FA Cup we despatched Burton Albion and Sheffield Wednesday to set us up with a tie again against Man Utd.

There is quite a bit of transfer news. Nobody really left although I did reject an £77m offer from Arsenal for Allan Saint-Maximin. Incoming were a few players. One for the first team, two prospects for the future and two players to be sold for a high profit (hopefully).

Jude Bellingham was the main signing and I paid Birmingham City £17.5m to bring in the 17y/o midfielder. He will prove to be an excellent acquisition for us and is a world class player for the future. He will get plenty of opportunities to play to aid his development.
bellingham.png

The two players for the future are Tomohiro Yano who I brought in from my feeder side Kawasaki Frontale for £2.5m and Matias Arezo who joined from River Plate of Uruguay for £1m. Arezo is on 66k a week which is rediculous but I will loan him out to cover the costs and he has returned to Uruguay for the rest of the campaign. Yano is a decent looking keeper.
yano.png
arezo.png

Finally the two signings I made to sell on at a later date were Cristian Pavon from Boca Juniors for £4m and Tosin Adarabiayo from Man City for £1.6m. Both were very cheap deals to complete and I have loaned out Pavon already.
pavon.png
adara.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
AARON HICKEY
hickey.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

Fulham appoint Danny Cowley as their new manager
Brendan Rodgers turns up at Aston Villa
West Ham appoint Carlos Sanchez as their new manager!!!​

1592147485292.png

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...-26&sk=&cvid=3488254F27FF41D7A41D43F12521B25C

Leeds United 3-4 Newcastle United 2001

FEBRUARY

leeds.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Yedlin*, Lascelles (Stergiou), Schar, Willems, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Reyna (Miranchuk), Everton, Edouard

Leeds are rock bottom on 9pts and doomed for relegation however they won their previous match 6-1 and caused us a few problems here. Yedlin and Willems scoring is not something that happens a lot but in the same match? Remarkable. Saint-Maximin got injured early on and will be out for a few weeks.

--

bmth.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles*, Schar, Willems, S.Longstaff (Bellingham), Ceballos (Miranchuk), Dembele, Reyna, Everton (Almiron), Edouard

Gutted. After 7 wins in a row in the league and seemingly we were on course to make it 8 but we conceded a goal in the 93rd minute to throw away 2pts.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
lyon.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Dembele, Reyna (Miranchuk), Almiron (Everton), Edouard (Batshuayi)

I am delighted with this result. Before the match Livakovic was sent home with an illness so Freddie Woodman played in goal and was excellent. It was a tight match and it sparked into life when we had Unai Nunez sent-off. They then had a goal disallowed before taking the lead late on through Ikone. However we popped up with an equalizer when Everton, who was dorpped from the side, popped up with the crucial away goal.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Woodman, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Dembele (Everton), Reyna (Miranchuk), Almiron, Edouard*

We gain revenge over Wolves who beat us in December by edging them out in a 7 goal thriller. Odsonne Edouard has 8 goals in his last 7 league games as he is really hitting top form again.

--

Carabao Cup Final
final.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems*, Bentaleb, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Dembele, Reyna, Almiron (Everton), Edouard (Batshuayi)

WE WIN THE CARABAO CUP!!!!!

This was an enthralling final with both sides bombing forward although we were the better side overall. We fell behind when Rashford scored but we quickly equalised when Jetro WIllems fired in a shot at the near post from 18 yards. We were level at half-time but we came out of the blocks in the 2nd half on fire and Karamoko Dembele headed in what proved to be the winner. Both sides had chances to score more but that was the end of the scoring.

--

SUMMARY

This month saw me win my 3rd major trophy as we edged out Man Utd 2-1 to claim the Carabao Cup. The board at the start of the season didnt see the competition as important but I am out to win everything I can so I am naturally delighted with the win.

In the league we had some tight matches with narrow victories over Leeds and Wolves while we also drew with Bournemouth when they scored deep into stoppage time. We are still top of the league though as Man Utd drew with Chelsea.

In the Champions League we made things difficult for ourselves against Lyon with Nunez being shown a red card and we were one nil down however Everton popped up in the last minute to salvage a draw and give us a vital away goal.

Youth intake next month!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JETRO WILLEMS
willems.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

FEB.png

Newcastle United 5-1 Tottenham Hotspur 2016

MARCH

spurs.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles (Schar), Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb*, Ceballos, Dembele, Reyna, Almiron (Everton), Edouard (Batshuayi)

We were excellent here. Spurs barely troubled us although they did have an early goal disallowed. We battered them but it took until late on before we scored although when we did it was a beauty as Bentaleb smashed in a shot from a tight angle against his former club.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
2nd.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Schar, Willems, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Reyna, Everton (Almiron), Edouard*

We make it to the quarter-finals with this win. Odsonne Edouard scored twice although this wasnt all plain sailing as Lyon only needed another goal to knock us out and they had several clear cut chances.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
cup.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu (Hickey), Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Reyna, Everton (Almiron), Edouard (Batshuayi)

Our hold on the FA Cup is over as Man Utd knock us out and gain revenge for us beating them in the Carabao Cup final. We took the lead through Allan Saint-Maximin when he fired in a shot into the top corner from 20 yards but in the 2nd half we let Rashford beat the offside trap twice and he ran through to score. We deserved a draw at least but it wasnt to be.

--

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Yedlin*, Schar, Nunez, Willems, S.Longstaff (Miranchuk), Ceballos (Bellingham), Saint-Maximin, Reyna, Everton, Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

A disappointing result. We were the better team no doubt but we just couldnt find a goal. Fortunately Man Utd also drew so everything remains the same but it is a missed opportunity in hindsight.

--

SUMMARY

Only 4 games this month so it was very quiet - the calm before the storm you could say. In our 2 league matches we beat Spurs but drew with Sheffield United. We are still top of the league, 1pt clear of Man Utd although if Liverpool win their game in hand they will be 3pts behind us. We still have to play Man Utd and Liverpool so it is going to be so close.

We were dumped out of the FA Cup by Man Utd in a match that could have gone either way which was a disappointment but in the Champions League we knocked out Lyon and in the quarter-finals we have been drawn against Ajax which is a decent draw for us.

Finally, the youth intake was pretty poor tbh.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NABIL BENTALEB
BENTALEB.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
MARCH.png

Attachments

• 1592158669666.png
    1592158669666.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 58

Newcastle United 5-0 Manchester United 1996

APRIL

brentford.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Yedlin, Schar, (Stergiou) Nunez, Willems (Hickey), Bentaleb, Ceballos*, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Reyna, Everton, Edouard

Despite being the worst team in the league, Brentford caused us a few problems here. We sailed into a 2 goal lead thanks to Ceballos (he scored 5 goals in 4 games early in the season and this is his first goals since then) and we were cruising but they pulled a goal back and had an equalizer controversially disallowed. Everton struck late on to seal things.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
ajax.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Yedlin, Lascelles, Nunez, Hickey, S.Lonstaff (Bellingham), Ceballos*, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Miranchuk, Everton, Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

Dani Ceballos' late goal proved to be the winner here and we hold a narrow lead going into the 2nd leg. Ceballos seems to like to score his goal in batches!!!

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems (Hickey), Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Reyna (Miranchuk), Everton, Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

We got the win and Ceballos continued his goal scoring form but amazingly there were 3 missed penalties in this match, all coming in the 2nd half. Haller missed for West Ham before Bentaleb missed twice for us - shambolic.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
ajax2.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez (Schar), Hickey, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Reyna (Miranchuk), Everton, Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

Aaron Hickey's fine strike from outside the area gave us the crucial away goal here that sent us through. It was a tight, narrow match but Antony was on fire for them and I will keep a close eye on him for the future. Semi-finals here we come!!!

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu*, Lascelles, Nunez, Hickey, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Ceballos (Bellingham), Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Reyna, Everton, Edouard

This was an exciting affair. We raced into a 3 goal lead and everything was easy but in the 2nd half Norwich were all over us and pulled 2 goals back but we just about held on in the end.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez (Schar), Hickey, Bentaleb (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin*, Reyna, Everton (Dembele), Edouard

What a match this was. We took the lead when Ceballos headed home but we soon found ourselves 2-1 down. St.Max levelled but Cavani broke free to put them 3-2 up shortly after half-time. We then battered them. Bentaleb had a goal disallowed before St.Max equalised and Edouard immediately put us in front. Saint-Maximin completed his hat-trick late on to give us the win and effectively end Man Utd's title chances.

This result secures Champions League football for next season and I have been given an initial transfer budget of £80m.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
BARCA.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu (Yedlin), Lascelles, Nunez, Hickey, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Reyna (Miranchuk), Everton (Dembele), Edouard

Barcelona taught us a lesson here as they easily beat us and controlled the game from start to finish. That being said they scored the 3rd when we were down to 10 men after Yedlin went off injured.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Hickey*, S.Longstaff, Bellingham (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Reyna, Everton (Almiron), Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

We bounce back from the Barcelona game with a great victory here. Chelsea came into this match on the back of 2 4-0 wins but they didnt really turn up here and we won fairly comfortably. A special shout out goes to Aaron Hickey who wasnt really fit enough to play but he was the fittest LB I had and he was the MOM and got an assist.

--

SUMMARY

We packed in 8 matches this month and at the end of the month we had a 2 day break between the Barcelona and Chelsea matches and our next match is away to Man City, once again just 2 days after the Chelsea fixture! We had some really tough matches and got some excellent results. In the Champions League we managed to scrape past Ajax on away goals although we are 3-0 down to Barcelona in the semis.

In the league however we were excellent and have a strong hold of top spot. We won all our matches and that included a 5-3 win over Man Utd and a 2-0 win over Chelsea. We go into the final month 6pts clear of Liverpool but they have a game in hand and we also play each other at Anfield on the 2nd last game of the season!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI CEBALLOS
ceballos.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
april.png

1592233985602.png

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=newcastle+3-2+barcelona&&view=detail&mid=8CA3922D4E9823DB8D818CA3922D4E9823DB8D81&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=newcastle%203-2%20barcelona&qs=n&form=QBVR&sp=-1&pq=newcastle%203-2%20barcelona&sc=1-23&sk=&cvid=9D2BFD502768419DAAAA13A123CC31DB

Newcastle 3-2 Barcelona 1998

MAY

city.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Yedlin, Schar, Stergiou, Gibson, S.Longstaff, Ceballos (Bellingham), Dembele, Miranchuk, Everton (Almiron), Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

This game was always going to be a write-off as I had to field a seriously weakened side. We now hand the advantage of the title to Liverpool as if they win their game in hand they will go top of the league as they have a much better goal difference.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
LONA.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Hickey, S.Longstaff (Bellingham), Ceballos (Miranchuk), Saint-Maximin, Reyna, Everton, Edouard*

So close!!!!! I cant fault my players here as they were terrific - especially in the first half as we had 22 shots on goal by half-time. When Edouard scored our 2nd I thought we were going to do it but it was not to be. In the end the 3rd goal they scored when we were down to 10 men after Yedlin's injury proved to be the difference.

--

palace.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Schar, Nunez (Stergiou), Willems, Bentaleb, Ceballos (Bellingham), Saint-Maximin, Miranchuk, Everton (Almiron), Edouard*

A must win game and win we did. We got a lucky goal to give us the lead but they levelled with one of the few shots on goal that they had. Fortunately though St.Max headed us in front and Edouard smashed in a free kick to finish it off. Even better news - Liverpool lost 4-3 at home to Arsenal!!!!! If we draw against Liverpool next we will retain our title.

table.png

--

pool.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Schar (Stergiou), Nunez, Willems, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Reyna (Bellingham), Everton (Almiron), Edouard

We bottled it here. We were absolutely pathetic and we now hand the advantage over to Liverpool for the title. We just didnt turn up at all and never looked like scoring and we got what we deserved - absolutely nothing. All I can do now is beat Fulham on the last day and hopefully Liverpool will slip up against Man Utd or Crystal Palace.

--

fulham.png

Lineup
- Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Willems, S.Longstaff, Ceballos (Bellingham), Saint-Maximin*, Reyna, Everton (Almiron), Edouard

WE RETAIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!!

Liverpool drew with Man Utd so we knew that if we won here we would be champions again and win we did and handsomely too. Mbabu put us in front with a fine individual effort and we doubled our lead when Reyna crashed in a free-ick from 30 yards. Saint-Maximin arrowed a shot into the top corner in the 2nd half to settle things and Nunez headed in the 4th.

In the end Crystal Palace beat Liverpool 1-0 but still get relegated on goal difference.

--

SUMMARY

It was a nervy end to the season but we did it!!! We won the title and as it ended up we had done enough before we played Liverpool the way things panned out but after losing to Man City and Liverpool I couldnt foretell that. The Man City game I could take and we then beat Crystal Palace however our performance against Liverpool was shocking and we handed the advantage to them but they bottled it as they drew with Man Utd and lost to Crystal Palace which meant that we won the title by 5pts.

In the Champions League we tried to overcome a 3-0 deficit to Barcelona but we just fell short. We were magnificent in the 2nd leg and won 2-0 but the damage done in the first leg was too much. Funnily enough I actually think going out at that stage helped us win the title as Liverpool reached the final (and the FA Cup final no less) and had to cram in 4 games in a week while we had only 2 in that period of time.

End of season post to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ODSONNE EDOUARD
edouard.png

1592238168892.png

END OF SEASON REVIEW

I suppose one point of view could be that we had a weaker season than last as last term we won the league and FA Cup while this term we won the league and the less important Carabao Cup however I suppose we did reach the Champions League semi-finals and claimed the Community Shield.

We kicked off the campaign by beating Liverpool 3-0 in the Community Shield and that set us up well for the upcoming league campaign. Alls season long it was a 3 horse race between ourselves, Liverpool and Man Utd. We had two long unbeaten runs in the league and we were top of the table for most of the season however we faltered towards the end and almost got pipped by Liverpool but in the end we won by 5pts.

We got 1 more point than last season and scored more goals but defensively we were much worse however we won the title and thats the main thing. In the Carabao Cup we knocked out Leeds on penalties before we had our match of the season when my backup side came from 3-1 down late on to draw 3-3 with Man City and beat them 9-8 on penalties. Liverpool and Reading were then beaten before we beat Man Utd 2-1 in the final.

We lost our hold on the FA Cup though as Man Utd beat us 2-1 in the 5th round which just leaves us with the Champions League. We cruised the group stages by winning 5 out of 6 and then got kind draws alongside Lyon and Ajax although we were far from convincing when knocking them out. That set us up with a semi-final tie against Barcelona and after losing 3-0 away we won 2-0 at home in a game that we dominated but we were out.

What is really encouraging is that my side is a very young side with teenagers such as Stergiou, Hickey, Bellingham, Kaio Jorge, Reyna and Dembele all getting plenty of game time and with that can only improve.

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
end.png

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

squad.png
squad 2.png

Goalkeepers - Dominik Livakovic came into the side this year and did OK. We did concede more goals this term but I wouldnt necessarily blame Livakovic for that and rather blame the collective. He improved a fair bit and I think he can get better. Freddie Woodman got 8 games and was a capable backup.

Defenders - All 4 of my full backs were excellent. On the right Kevin Mbabu returned to the club and excelled and he scored 4 goals while Yedlin as backup was impressive also. At left back Jetro Willems was one of my players of the year and was immense. With 2 goals and 15 assists and my 2nd highest average rating he has more and repaid the £4.4m that I paid for him last season. Aaron Hickey was signed in the summer from Hearts and surprised me with how good he was as he scored 4 goals and the 18y/o now means that Scotland have 3 top notch left backs!!!

In the middle Lascelles was solid as ever while he had a new partner in Unai Nunez and he was decent enough. Schar and Stergiou were backups and neither stood out for good or bad reasons lol.

Midfielders - Dani Ceballos came in in the summer and was a streaky player. He was fantastic at the start and end of the season but faded in the middle but overall he was decent. Bentaleb had a quieter season this term while the Longstaff's and Bellingham provided cover. At AMC Miranchuk had the jersey at the start of the season but Giovanni Reyna came in and started on fire with a run of goals and assists. He did drop off towards the end of the campaign but the teenager was a big surprise.

On the wings ASM bettered last campaign. He scored 22 goals in all comps and is one of my key players. Backup to him was Dembele and the 18y/o got plenty of games and scored 8 goals. Now as for the LW I have problems. Everton was awful although his attributes are so good. I just dont know what to do apart from maybe play him as an inverted winger rather than an inside forward. Miggy Almiron didnt impress me much either tbh.

Forwards - Odsonne Edouard did OK but was not as good as last term. He started the season very poorly but picked up towards the end and has actually started in every league match over the past 2 seasons which is some feat! That therefore meant that there wasnt much chances for Kaio Jorge and Michy Batshuayi as backup. KJ did ok though and scored 10 but Batshuayi was unconvincing.

My Player of the Year - Allan Saint-Maximin
My Young Player of the Year - Giovanni Reyna
Donkey of the Year - Everton
Must Improve - Everton

--

SUMMER PLANS

It all depends on who leaves and what I can get for them tbh. The clubs finances are OK as I write but only get 35% of tansfer income so I need to be savvy. I think one of my CMs is going but other than that I will see how much money I can raise before I decide who I go in for tbh.

1592257210456.png

PRE-SEASON POST

I love pre-seasons but this one has been an absolute nightmare. First of all my board have been a bunch of knobs. My percentage of transfer income was 35% throughout the summer and despite selling nearly £200m worth of players they havent once given me a chance to amend it or even ask for more wages or transfer funds so I have been seriously ****** off with them.

Also Real Madrid came in for me and I naturally objected them and didnt even go for the interview so I naturally went and asked for a new contract with the hope of increasing the percentage of transfer income but the board rejected me wanting a new contract flat out.

Finally and this is still ongoing - my huge summer signing was brought in but insisted on a release clause and then Barcelona only went and matched it 2 weeks later! Now fortunately for me the said player rejected it but lo and behold at the time of writing they have come back in for him. I wouldnt quit the game if he left within a month and only get a 3rd of his transfer fee to spend but it would be seriously testing!!!

Anyways here are my transfer dealings.....

--

PLAYERS OUT

out.png
out2.png
out3.png

So as you can see I had a bit of a clear out with 5 first team players being moved on. Guangzhou Evergrande were particularly generous as they paid £30.5m for DeAndre Yedlin and £20m for Nabil Bentaleb although that was a bit on the cheap. Bentaleb was sold because I was bringing in a far better player plus with Ceballos, Bellingham and the 2 Longstaff brothers I needed to make space. As for Yedlin - I just couldnt afford to turn that kind of money down.

The same goes for Fabian Schar as Shakhtar Donetsk forked out an initial £26m which could go up to £32.5m for my 3rd choice defender and oldest member of my squad. That leaves Lascelles and Willems as the oldest members of my first team squad at the age of 27!!!!

Miguel Almiron left to join AC Milan for a cut price £25m. I love Miggy in real life and named my cat after him but he just didnt do it for me here and I wish him well. I also cashed in on backup players Michy Batshuayi, Lucas Robertone and Alexey Miranchuk as well as reserve team players Yannick Toure, Lewis Ferguson and Juan Cruz which took in the best part of £80m.

Naturally I loaned out several players and mostly for decent fees and 100% of wages. One may come back and bite me in the **** though as if the player that has just signed for me leaves I would have kept Ariel Brunet around. We shall see.

--

PLAYERS IN

in.png

I think you can safely guess who has had his release clause met!!! I brought in Kai Havertz who was transfer listed for £66m. I have never managed him before and he is a world class player already at such a young age and he should dominate in the AMC position. Unfortunately as has been mentioned, Barcelona have met his £103m release clause and while he has rejected them once they have bid again and there is still a month of the window to go. Surely he wont leave so soon. I will only get about £35m of that money if he does go!
havertz.png

My next biggest signing was my first one and that was of Sandro Tonali. I couldnt believe it when I was quoted just £24m for the young midfielder as I had always been quoted his release clause fee of £72m so I snapped him up immediately. I had him in my previous Newcastle save and he was just insane and ran games from a deep lying position and I am sure he will do so again.
tonali.png

Almiron's replacement is Federico Chiesa. Again I had him in my previous Newcastle save but he wasnt my first choice winger. That was Ansu Fati and he rejected me to sign for Arsenal so I had to think again and I plumped for the Italian international. He rejected Barcelona to sign for me which was pleasing and he will do a great job. He is a natural on both wings which is handy.
chiesa.png

Elano Costa is my new CB and replaces Schar. This regen looks as though he will be a star in the future as he is quick and technically excellent. I met his £17.25m release clause fee to bring him in and I have no doubts that he is ready for the first team but he might have to be patient as I have Stergiou too.
costa.png

Finally I brought in 2 young kids who were transfer listed in France. Why Gouiri was transfer listed by Lyon for just £6m is beyond me so I snapped him up to be my 3rd choice striker with Batshuayi having been moved on while Millot is a decent prospect.
gouiri.png
millot.png

--

SQUAD

If it was deadline day today and Havertz wasnt getting bids thrown at him I would just say I need a backup RB as Yedlin still has not been replaced but with just £9m left in my transfer budget that is going to be tricky. However if Havertz does go I will need to bring in another AMC and a backup RB with just about £40m to spend. Nightmare.

What makes it worse is that having been given an initial transfer budget of £80m with the club £10m in debt I have made £50m in transfer dealings and the clubs balance sheet at the moment has us with £165m sitting in the bank so if it was to go up another £103m and to £270m and I would only have £40m to spend I would be apoplectic.

Anywho regarding the first XI the changes are that Tonali will come in to partner Ceballos in midfield while I have had enough of Everton and will move Saint-Maximin over to the left hand side and have Chiesa on the RW. Havertz will naturally be my AMC. But for how long?............

What tactics do you use to back up the 4-2-3-1 as it seems to work no matter who you play as? Do you have specific tactics to back it up, set pieces set up etc? I don't think I have had a game where a striker has scored a ton of goals!

I think Barca's antics are a perfect representation of their inevitable post-Messi era and so I wouldn't be too upset if they were desperately gunning for a replacement!

Just look at how they acted with Martin Braithwaite! Also, how do you normally go about selling players? Do you offer them out to clubs or just tell your DoF to offload them?

1592325959153.png

Frank Watt
1892-1929

Newcastle's first ever manager and the most successful. 4 league titles, 2 FA Cups and a Charity Shield were won under his tutorship. The Scotsman signed club legends Stan Seymour, Hughie Gallacher and Colin Veitch and was referred to as the "Guv'nor".

AUGUST

FA Community Shield

pool.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles (Stergiou), Nunez, Hickey (Reyna), Tonali*, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Chiesa (Dembele), Havertz, Saint-Maximin (Everton), Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

Last season we beat Liverpool 3-0 in the curtain opener and we repeat the trick again. Chiesa got a debut goal while Kaio Jorge who came off the bench last year to score twice got one here.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles (Stergiou), Nunez, Hickey, Tonali, Ceballos, Chiesa, Havertz, Saint-Maximin (Everton), Edouard*

Brighton have returned to the Premier League and we gave them a rude awakening here. We scored 3, Edouard had one disallowed and we hit the woodwork a few times. It could have been a cricket score.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu, Lascelles, Nunez, Hickey, Tonali (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Chiesa (Dembele), Havertz, Saint-Maximin, Edouard (Kaio Jorge)

Leicester conceded 5 on the opening day but they gave us a scare here. Unai Nunez's glancing header in stoppage time won it for us but it was too close for comfort.

--

blackburn.png

Lineup - Livakovic, Mbabu*, Lascelles, Nunez, Hickey (Willems), Tonali, Ceballos (Reyna), Chiesa, Havertz, Saint-Maximin (Everton), Edouard

Newly promoted Blackburn have started the season with 2 wins out of 2 but we ended that run here with a convincing victory. Edouard got another 2 goals and another penalty - his 3rd pen of the season already!

--

everton.png

Lineup - Woodman, Mbabu, Lascelles (Stergiou), Nunez, Hickey (Willems), Tonali, Ceballos, Chiesa (Everton), Havertz, Saint-Maximin, Edouard*

Odsonne Edouard!!!!!!

Like Blackburn in the last match, Everton came into this match with a 100% record and had even beaten Man City 4-0 but we put them back in their place here. Odsonne Edouard continued his amazing form and raised it to another level by firing in 4 goals and none of them were penalties. Mbabu got 2 assists and Woodman

--

SUMMARY

I can have absolutely no complaints whatsoever about our start to the season. Everything (almost) is tickety boo. We won the Community Shield 3-0 against Liverpool again with Federico Chiesa getting a debut goal. We then started our league campaign and we won all 4 games and apart from the narrow 3-2 win over Leicester they were won pretty easily too!

Odsonne Edouard has been absolutely magnificent. Last season he was **** at the start of the season but this term he has started on fire with 9 goals in 5 games including 4 goals in the match against Everton. Tonali has made a fine start to his career with us also although Kai Havertz has been pretty quiet.

As for Kai Havertz - he rejected Barcelona again and is pleased that I kept my promise to strengthen the squad so everything is fine for me for just now but I need to get him to sign a new contract before the January transfer window opens!

I brought in 3 more players and all 3 were defenders. My new backup RB is Luke Matheson who came in from Wolves for £7.5m. The 18y/o is a decent prospect and I hope he can follow Aaron Hickey's example of last season so he can properly develop.
matheson.png

I also brought in 2 centre halves. Pankov came in from Red Star Belgrade for £3m and Juarez came in from Lanus for £4m. I will be honest and say the only reason I signed Pankov was cos I promised players I would strengthen my squad while regen Juarez was a pre-arranged deal.
pankov.png
juarez.png

Finally the gods have been kind to us as in the Carabao Cup we have Chesterfield at home while in the Champions League we are up against CSKA Moscow, Anderlecht and Lyon.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ODSONNE EDOUARD
edouard.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
aug.png

--

TRANSFERS

transfers.png
transfers 2.png