Newcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers

th

Gianluigi Donnarumma

NOVEMBER

UEFA Champions League Group G
v
Newcastle United 6 (D'Amico 22, Pellegri 43, 59, 75, Lucas Paqueta 79, Cuisance 84)
Valencia 1 (Parejo 61)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Pellegri*

Well its safe to say that we successfully got revenge!!!! Pellegri got the MoM award for his hat-trick but a special mention goes out to Moise Kean who assisted 4 goals.

--

v
Newcastle United 4 (Pellegri 2, 36, D'Amico 53, Lucas Paqueta 74)
Fulham 0

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Cuisance, Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Pellegri*

This double takes Pellegri up to 19 goals for the season - 8 in 9 in the league and 9 in 4 in the Champions League!!! Schick and Geubbels wont get much of a chance if he carries on like this. Oh and Pellegri as well as his 17 goals in 12 games has 12 assists!!!!!!!

--

v
Chelsea 3 (Cavani 42, 75, Bakayoko 78)
Newcastle United 0

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles, De Ligt, Robertson, Cuisance (Santisteban), Shelvey, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean (Sancho), Schick

Chelsea humiliated us here. In the first half they had 18 shots to our 2. We were forced to play a weakened side as Pellegri was injured on international duty and we were also missing Yedlin, Tierney, Pellegrini and Arthur but that does not excuse our lacklustre effort.

To make matters worse Lucas Paqueta got injured and is out for nearly a month.

--

v
Ajax 1 (Wober 7)
Newcastle United 1 (Cuisance 90)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles (Coetzee), Maresic, Tierney*, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, Murphy, Xadas, Sancho, Geubbels (Schick)

If Cuisance hadn't scored a last minute equaliser we would have been in 3rd place in the group going into the final day. We now need Ajax to get something against Valencia in order for us to top the group - providing we can beat Rostov who we scored 12 past away from home earlier.

--

v
Leicester City 0
Newcastle United 2 (Schick 9, Kean 85)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin*, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas (Cuisance), Kean, Schick (Geubbels)

We weren't at our best here and Leicester shaded it to be fair but we got the goals and they didn't thankfully.

--

SUMMARY

November started well but we then began to fade and one performance against Chelsea was just not acceptable. That game alone sees us end the month an uncomfortable 5pts behind leaders Man Utd. In the Champions League we should qualify for the next round but I would be annoyed if we finished 2nd in the group which looks likely.

Our next match and the first one in December is a huge one as we are at home against Man Utd!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DEANDRE YEDLIN

View attachment 37099

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 37098

Last edited:
maresic-oefb-600.jpg

Dario Maresic

DECEMBER

v
Newcastle United 1 (Schick 24)
Manchester United 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini*, Cuisance, D'Amico (Geubbels), Xadas (Shelvey), Kean (Sancho), Schick

This is a crucial victory as we couldn't afford to let Man Utd got 8pts clear of us. Schick got the only goal of the game and despite not having our best performance we did just enough.

--

v
Newcastle United 9 (Schick 13, 36, 47, 55, Sancho 22, Murphy 40, 84, Stoica 73, Xadas 86)
FC Rostov 1 (Sigurdarson 16)

Lineup
- Woodman, Sampaio, Maresic, Coetzee, Tierney, Cuisance (Santisteban), Shelvey (Stoica), Murphy, Xadas, Sancho, Schick*

A fine win but we fail to match the 12-1 win we got against Rostov earlier in the season - not that I am complaining that we scored 9!!!! Unfortunately Valencia beat Ajax so we finish 2nd in the group.

--

v

Everton 2 (Richarlison 35, Sandro 53)

Newcastle United 2 (Schick 11, 43)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini (Shelvey), Cuisance, D'Amico, Xadas, Kean, Schick*

Everton have been struggling this season but they deserved their point here. Pellegri is back to fitness but Schick cant stop scoring!!!!

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final

v
Leicester City 1 (Iheanacho 11)
Newcastle United 2 (Murphy 1, Sancho 18)

Lineup - Woodman, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic, Robertson (Ubovic), Santisteban, Shelvey, Murphy (Toure), Xadas (Stoica), Sancho, Geubbels

Into the semis we go as my backups once again do the job for us. Ubovic made his debut here.

--

v
Huddersfield Town 1 (Redan 10)
Newcastle United 4 (D'Amico 35, Kean 37, Pellegrini 55pen, Schick 61)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Cuisance, D'Amico* (Sancho), Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean, Schick

Lucas Paqueta made his comeback from injury and had his worst ever game for us!!! Schick scored when their keeper kicked the ball against him lol.

--

v
Swansea City 1 (Ayew 72)
Newcastle United 5 (D'Amico 4, Pellegrini 52, 63, Lucas Paqueta 74, Geubbels 84)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini*, Cuisance, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Schick (Geubbels)

Lorenzo Pellegrini scored 2 screamers here as first of all he powered in a shot from 25 yards and then he volleyed in from 20 yards.

--

v
Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 (De Paul 65, De Ligt 90og)
Newcastle United 4 (Pellegri 34, 41, 64, Geubbels 76)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico (Geubbels), Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Pellegri*

Pellegri came back into the side and he certainly showed he wanted it as he grabbed a hat-trick. His first was a thunderbolt from the edge of the area.

--

v
Newcastle United 2 (Pellegri 4, 74)
Stoke City 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic, Robertson (Ubovic), Cuisance, Arthur (Stoica), Murphy (Geubbels), Xadas, Schick, Pellegri*

I am happy with this win as I had to field a severely under strength side due to players not being fit enough to start.

--

SUMMARY

This was a great month as we got some big victories both in terms of the importance of the match and the scoreline. The most important win came right at the start as we defeated Man Utd in the league and overall our biggest win came when we beat Rostov 9-1 to make it an aggregate of 21-2 in our 2 matches against them.

We still are not top of the league but we have finally got all of our players back to full fitness so hopefully we can kick on. We will be helped by the fact that my chairman gave me an extra £16m in our transfer kitty so I have £20m to play with.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PATRIK SCHICK

View attachment 36965

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 36964

Willem-Geubbels-997.jpg

Willem Geubbels

JANUARY

v
Newcastle United 4 (Pellegri 47, 75, 76, Geubbels 80)
Watford 1 (Boufal 87)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, Schick (Geubbels), Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean, Pellegri*

A couple of days earlier Pietro Pellegri was named as both the World Footballer of the Year and the European Golden Boy and he celebrated these awards with a fine hat-trick which included a long range effort. Willem Geubbels scored with a great finish too.

--

v
Southampton 3 (Clasie 12, 49, Ben Yedder 86)
Newcastle United 4 (Pellegri 18, 75, Pellegrini 70, Kean 78)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico (Geubbels), Lucas Paqueta (Schick), Kean, Pellegri*

What a game this was. We fell behind twice but a spell of 3 goals in 8min secured the points for us. Southampton fought back but that was curtailed when Lemina was sent-off in stoppage time. Pellegri has scored 10 goals in his last 4 league games and he even had a goal disallowed here which denied him his hat-trick!!!!

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
v
Cardiff City 2 (Watkins 40, 78)
Newcastle United 3 (Schick 27, 29, 36)

Lineup
- Woodman, Sampaio, Maresic, Coetzee, Robertson (Ubovic), Santisteban (Faccin), Cuisance (Stoica), Geubbels, Xadas, Sancho, Schick*

Patrik Schick offers me a reminder that Pietro Pellegri isn't the only striker here lol.

In Nottingham Forest's game my young striker Musulin scored 2 goals to knock out Man Utd!!!

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
v
Newcastle United 4 (Sancho 13, 45, 82, Arthur 16)
Arsenal 2 (Iwobi 59, Coyle 84)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho*, Schick (Geubbels)

We take a decent lead into the 2nd leg with this fine victory. Jadon Sancho has now got 12 goals this season - all in cup competitions!!

--

v
Newcastle United 4 (Pellegri 3, 62, Lucas Paqueta 24, D'Amico 68)
Manchester City 4 (De Bruyne 29, 53, Sessegnon 42, Icardi 82)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho, Pellegri*

Both of these sides put on a show here and whoever comes out on top at the end of the season will surely deserve it. Pellegri's last 5 league games - 3, 2, 3, 2, 2 - goals scored.

--

v
Liverpool 2 (Belotti 61, 90)
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 5, Schick 68, Sancho 88)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho, Pellegri (Schick)

I am so proud of my team here as we battled hard to win this match. Liverpool more than matched us and by the time we scored our opener in the 4th minute they had had 4 shots on goal!!!

--

v
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 16, Arthur 40, D'Amico 80)
Arsenal 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho (Xadas), Pellegri*

Arsenal must be sick to death of us as we thump them here with a commanding performance. We have Arsenal up next too!!!

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
v
Arsenal 1 (Iwobi 61)
Newcastle United 0
(Agg: 3-4)

Lineup - Woodman, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic, Robertson (Ubovic), Cuisance, El Khatib, Murphy, Xadas (Stoica), Sancho, Schick (Geubbels)

We weren't great but my backups have done so well this season so I will let them off here as we still reach the final despite the defeat.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
v
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0
Newcastle United 1 (Sancho 72pen)

Lineup - Woodman, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic*, Robertson, Cuisance (Santisteban), El Khatib, Murphy, Xadas (Stoica), Sancho, Schick (Geubbels)

My backups got trotted out again and put in another so-so performance but our inside agent, Paul Dummett, helped us out as he gave away a penalty which Sancho converted.

--

SUMMARY

January started off with us on fire as we were scoring plenty and getting some great results. We scored 4 against Watford, Southampton, Arsenal and Man City plus beat Liverpool away in another notable match. Things then calmed down a bit towards the end when my backups came on the go but I am happy as we are top of the league and progressing in the cups.

The cups will be tough though as we have Real Madrid in the Champions League and Man City in the Carabao Cup final as well as in the next round of the FA Cup.

Now for a shout out to a couple of individuals. Jadon Sancho was immense this month and has 14 goals to his name for the season (Kean has an embarrassing 6) while Pellegrini really upped his game too. However Pietro Pellegri has been unplayable since he won the 2 massive individual honours as he scored 9 goals in 5 games and he has 33 for the season already - and he has been out injured too!!!

Now to the transfer window. We rejected a bid from PSG of £40m for DeAndre Yedlin but one stalwart did leave and that was Jonjo Shelvey who joined Leicester for £31m. Shelvey made 111 appearances for me and scored 7 goals and was a decent player but I had my eye on someone...….

And that someone was Nabil El Khatib who I brought in from Anderlecht for £23m. He has just turned 18 and is already a full Belgium international and I think he has the potential to be world class.
View attachment 36797

So that is my CMs sorted. Pellegrini and Arthur start with Cuisance and El Khatib as backup and with Stoica and Santisteban pushing them all the way and a decent Italian in the U18s. Except on deadline day I spotted another regen...….

Tom Evans has joined from Bournemouth for £10m!!!!! I cant believe I didn't spot him sooner but I think this is a great signing. He is only 16 and can only get much better and with decent tutoring and some game time he surely will. I wouldn't have signed El Khatib probably if I spotted Evans first but hey ho.
View attachment 36798

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PIETRO PELLEGRI

View attachment 36800

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 36799

Last edited:
Pellegri is a beast!! He's scored 196 goals in 309 games for Monaco in my Tranmere save

img.jpg

Eric Black - my assistant manager

FEBRUARY

v
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 58, 63, Xadas 71)
Tottenham Hotspur 1 (Oberlin 68)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin (Sampaio), Lascelles, De Ligt, Robertson, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Xadas), Kean (Sancho), Pellegri*

Pietro Pellegri has now scored in our last 8 league games and he has scored our first goal in all 8 of them!!!

--

v
Crystal Palace 3 (Cousins 12, Palmer 38, 86)
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 53, Cuisance 88, Deli 89og)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Robertson, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean, Pellegri

Hard to evaluate this. We should have won comfortably as we battered Palace yet somehow we were 2-0 and 3-1 down. Having said that considering we went 3-1 down with 4min left I am happy that we clawed it back. Pellegri kept up his recent scoring run too.

--

v
Newcastle United 2 (Pellegri 88, 90)
West Ham United 1 (Bastien 28)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles (Coetzee), Maresic, Robertson, Cuisance, El Khatib (Santisteban), Murphy, Xadas, Sancho (Schick), Pellegri*

Pietro Pellegri!!!!!! He saved our bacon here with 2 late goals and makes it 10 league games in a row for him now. I had actually left the room once my last sub was made as I just knew we would get beat but when I returned to the laptop I saw we won 2-1!!

I rested most of my first XI for the upcoming Champions League match.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
v
Newcastle United 3 (Lucas Paqueta 33, 90, Pellegri 56)
Real Madrid 2 (Milinkovic-Savic 38pen. Asensio 43)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Maresic, De Ligt (Coetzee), Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Schick), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Pellegri

I should be delighted that we won this but I am not. Firstly Pellegri missed a penalty early doors and despite dominating we found ourselves behind at half-time. We got level and then they had a man sent-off and we got a last minute winner but Madrid offered nothing and we should have won by 3 or 4.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
v
Newcastle United 4 (D'Amico 2, Arthur 38, Pellegri 59, Pellegrini 82)
Manchester City 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini*, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Geubbels), Pellegri

Now here is a result that really stands out as we thump Man City. Before the match I thought that the winners of this should win the cup and afterwards I feel the same. Lets hope they don't get revenge in the Carabao Cup final.

-

v
West Bromwich Albion 0
Newcastle United 2 (Stoica 75, Cuisance 86)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic (Coetzee), Robertson, Cuisance*, El Khatib (Santisteban), Murphy, Xadas (Stoica), Schick, Pellegri

I took a risk and rested most of my first XI and only played Pellegri for him to keep up his scoring run but that has now come to an end. Our first goal was amazing as Stoica crashed in a shot from over 30 yards and then Cuisance scored from outside the box too to seal the deal.

--

Carabao Cup Final
v
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 28pen, D'Amico 45, Lucas Paqueta 72)
Manchester City 3 (Sane 70, Gabriel Jesus 77, 84)
(AET - Manchester City won 2-1 on penalties)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Geubbels), Pellegri (Schick)

FFS!!!!!

I don't know how we lost this. The game was won - twice - but still we lost as we shat ourselves in the last 15min. The penalty shootout was atrocious as the first 5 kicks were missed and I was made to pay for subbing my best penalty takers but at the time the game was won. Raging!!!!!!

--

SUMMARY

My review of this month is soured by the last match as we threw away the Carabao Cup final against Man City. Earlier in the month we had beaten City 4-0 in the FA Cup so to lose after having led the final 2-0 and 3-1 is a massive disappointment and I think its the first final I have lost.

In the league we are 5pts clear but City have a game in hand and in the Champions League we beat Real Madrid 3-2 but it should have been by much more and we may live to regret that.

Lets hope I am cheerier next month!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PIETRO PELLEGRI
View attachment 36722

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 36721

newcastle-united-fanshop-2.jpg

MARCH

v
Newcastle United 5 (Schick 23, Murphy 34, 81, 88pen, Maresic 74)
Bournemouth 1 (Lerma 25)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic, Robertson, Cuisance, El Khatib (Santisteban), Murphy*, Xadas (Stoica), Sancho, Schick (Geubbels)

Now this is a great tonic. We bounce back from our Carabao Cup heartache with a great win against Bournemouth by my backups. I rested my first team for the Real Madrid game and it was Jacob Murphy who really impressed as he scored a hat-trick and got an assist.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg

v
Real Madrid 4 (Brandt 47, Mane 51, Bale 70, 71)
Newcastle United 3 (Lucas Paqueta 7, Kean 54, Pellegri 60)
(Agg: 6-6 - Newcastle United win on away goals)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Pellegri

We knock out Real Madrid!!!!! I went through a whole heap of emotions in this match as the tie went one way and then the other but in the end we edge it on away goals. Moise Kean has done the square root of ****** all this season but turned up in this match thankfully.

--

v
Fulham 0
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 36pen, Lucas Paqueta 55, 61)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean (Sancho), Pellegri

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
v
Newcastle United 6 (Pellegri 32, D'Amico 39, 62, Lucas Paqueta 53, 87, Sancho 65)
Bournemouth 4 (Gray 2, 82, Cook 20, Horta 42pen)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Sancho, Pellegri

Just your run of the mill boring cup game!!!! We come out on top in this 10 goal thriller thankfully as at 2-0 and 3-1 down we weren't looking good at all!!!

--

SUMMARY

March was a short but ultimately successful month as we only had 4 games but and we won both league games, defeated Bournemouth in the FA Cup in a crazy game and also played Real Madrid away where we lost 4-3 but did enough to eliminate them on away goals.

Our reward for beating Real Madrid is yet another cup tie with Manchester City who are chasing us hard in the league also. In the FA Cup semis we will face up against Spurs.

In the youth intake I got 1 decent looking player - a CB called George Okoro.....
View attachment 36651

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUCAS PAQUETA
View attachment 36650

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 36649

lorenzo-pellegrini-italy-san-marino-friendlies_1266yd4sm913716dr6l7zlh20v.jpg

Lorenzo Pellegrini

APRIL

v
Newcastle United 4 (Pellegri 5, Lucas Paqueta 19, Schick 30, Lascelles 61)
Leicester City 1 (Vardy 89)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Pellegri (Schick)

A comfortable win. At 2-0 up Pellegri suffered a tight hamstring and although I was told he could play through it I wasn't wanting to risk him so Schick came off the bench and scored with his first touch!!!

--

v
Newcastle United 2 (Pellegri 50, 64)
Chelsea 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), Murphy (Schick), Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean, Pellegri*

Our last league defeat was 20 games ago against Chelsea and we got our revenge here thanks to a Pellegri double. This was our game in hand so we move 2pts ahead at the top.

--

v
Manchester United 0
Newcastle United 2 (Pellegri 63pen, Xadas 71)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney*, Pellegrini, Arthur, Murphy (Schick), Xadas, Kean (Sancho), Pellegri (Geubbels)

WOW!!!

This is a huge win as we defeat Man Utd at Old Trafford to certainly put our claim on the the title. It also secures Champions League qualification and our initial transfer budget is a decent £88m.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
v
Manchester City 3 (Icardi 7, 13, Bailey 39)
Newcastle United 1 (Arthur 62)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean (Sancho), Pellegri

We have it all to do now. In the 1st half we were awful and I think it would have been worse if Icardi hadn't have got injured. In the 2nd half we were much better - we pulled a goal back but Pellegri of all people missed 2 sitters.

--

v
Newcastle United 4 (Murphy 32, Evans 60, Geubbels 85, Stoica 88)
Everton 1 (Richarlison 34)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic, Robertson, Cuisance (Evans), El Khatib, Murphy*, Xadas (Stoica), Sancho, Schick (Geubbels)

I had 3 super subs here as all 3 scored. 16y/o Tom Evans came off the bench for his debut since making his £10m move from Bournemouth and scored the winner. I rested my players for the Man City game and my backups did me proud as they so often do.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
v
Newcastle United 1 (D'Amico 23)
Manchester City 0
(Agg: 2-3)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles (Geubbels), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean*, Pellegri (Schick)

Gutted!!!!

We knew we had to overhaul a 2 goal deficit and we tried our best and threw everything at Man City but we just couldn't find that all important 2nd goal. Pellegri had another off day.

--

FA Cup Semi-Final
v
Newcastle United 4 (D'Amico 30, Lascelles 45, Kean 48, Schick 77)
Tottenham Hotspur 3 (Origi 8, Lucas Moura 36, 39)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini*, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Pellegri (Schick)

I was put through the mill in this match as we bounce back from 3-1 down to win 4-3 to reach the final. Pellegri yet again disappointed.

--

v
Tottenham Hotspur 2 (Son Heung-Min 81, Mahrez 90)
Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Schick), Kean, Pellegri (Geubbels)

Oh ****. We hand the title advantage over to Man City as they go 1pt clear with 3 games to go. Its going to be close!!!!

--

SUMMARY

This month certainly had its ups and downs. In the league we got 4 wins including victories over Chelsea at home and Man Utd away but we lost to Spurs to hand the advantage in the title race to Man City with only 3 games to go so that is not good.

Neither was our exit to Man City in the Champions League as we exited 3-2 on aggregate but we really should have won the tie. However we have reached the FA Cup final by beating Spurs and we will face Crystal Palace in the final which is decent.

My team - and especially Pietro Pellegri's form - has taken a massive slump in recent games and I just hope upon hope that we can get back to our best and pip Man City to the title.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FELICE D'AMICO

View attachment 36622

--
LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 36621

[video=youtube;7UgLWVO3otM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UgLWVO3otM[/video]

MAY

v
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 25, 33pen, 63)
Huddersfield Town 1 (Redan 46)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico (Geubbels), Lucas Paqueta (Schick), Kean, Pellegri*

We go back on top!!!!! Arsenal defeated Man City before our match started so we knew we had to win to put ourselves back in pole position and that's exactly what we did as Pietro Pellegri finally found his form again and smashed in a hat-trick. Pellegri now has a staggering 51 goals for the season despite being out injured for a while - he has missed 10 league games - which is a staggering amount of goals.

--

v
Stoke City 1 (Afobe 27)
Newcastle United 2 (Kean 53, Arthur 82)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur*, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Schick), Kean, Pellegri (Geubbels)

This was tough. Stoke deserved at least a point, no doubt, but we battled hard and managed to get the win. Man City won 4-0 so we have a 2pt lead and a better goal difference with 1 game to play.

--

v
Newcastle United 8 (D'Amico 4, 69, 73, Kean 10, 34, Lucas Paqueta 16, Pellegri 29, 68)
Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 (Helder Costa 51, Brady 78)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Pellegri

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

We knew we needed to win and win we did. We were 5-0 up after 34min and the title was sewn up and in the end Man City lost 1-0 to West Ham so we end up 5pts clear. This 8-2 win reminds me of the coronation of Newcastle winning the 2nd Division in 1993 against Leicester 7-1 (see above).

--

FA Cup Final
v
Newcastle United 5 (Kean 25, Lucas Paqueta 38, Pellegri 54, Lascelles 65, Cuisance 84)
Crystal Palace 1 (Milivojevic 31)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Pellegri*

We continue our form from the Wolves match to thump Palace in the final. Pellegri missed a penalty to make it 6-1 but I think I can let him off with that.

--

SUMMARY

We get the end to the season that we wanted and in a way what we deserved. The way we finished the season with an 8-2 win over Wolves to seal the title and a 5-1 win in the FA Cup final was a great way to end the campaign.

So we go into pre-season in good spirits - I have arranged one signing already which will cause no end of confusion but I am excited!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PIETRO PELLEGRI
View attachment 36525

Newcastle-vs-Man-City.jpg

END OF SEASON POST

Ultimately this season will be known as the Newcastle v Man City season as we battled each other for all the major competitions. In the league it went to the final day of the season but Man City fluffed their lines while we went out and destroyed Wolves 8-2 to clinch the title. In the FA Cup we thumped Man City 4-0 en route to the final where we easily beat Crystal Palace.

However Man City did a number on us in the Carabao Cup final as they fought back from 2 goals down to beat us on penalties and in the Champions League they edged us out in the quarter finals by a single goal and they went on to beat Man Utd in the final.

So it was a successful season but also a season that could have been so much better!!!!

This season was also the first season of my Italian spine of the team. Donnarumma in goal, Pellegrini in midfield, Kean and D'Amico on the wings and the astonishing Pellegri up front who scored over 50 goals himself despite missing a chunk of the campaign.

All is looking good but as ever we can improve things and there will be some wheeling and dealing done in the summer for sure.

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 36478

--

SQUAD
View attachment 36477View attachment 36476

Goalkeepers - Donnarumma naturally excelled in his first season at the club since making his £61m move in the summer. Woodman got a few cup games but may be sold in the summer for the sake of his career as we don't need him for registration rules anymore and have some fantastic young keepers lurking in the U23s.

Defenders - Much the same tbh. I was slightly disappointed that De Ligt didn't score but other than that they all did well. Arguably the most impressive defender was my young backup RB Mauro Sampaio who took his chance in the team and performed well and got over 20 starts. I hope he can continue to develop.

Midfielders
- In the central area Pellegrini and Arthur excelled as usual but I would have liked more goals from both of them. Mickael Cuisance got plenty of games and impressed while my January signing El Khatib didn't but we will see how he goes next season as he is only 18 and is settling in at the club.

On the RW D'Amico was excellent but on the left Moise Kean was a huge disappointment. He played ok, got 20 assists but only just got into double figures for goals which is a shocking amount considering he hit around 20-30 goals the previous two seasons. Lucas Paqueta was amazing again and proved he wasn't a one season wonder while my backup wingers Sancho and Murphy were great when called upon.

Forwards
- It was all about one man - Pietro Pellegri!!!!! He scored over 50 goals and won every individual award going including the World Footballer of the Year. He truly was immense and although I signed him a year earlier than planned which scuppered my transfer plans for last summer he paid me back in full.

Patrik Schick had another good season and would walk into the side ordinarily but Pellegri couldn't be removed while Geubbels did well but I would have liked to have played him more.

My Player of the Year - Pietro Pellegri
My Young Player of the Year - Pietro Pellegri
Must do Better - Moise Kean
Donkey of the Year - Rivaldo Coetzee

--

THOUGHTS FOR THE SUMMER

I am going to scour the planet for young players to come into our setup both at home and abroad and will try to find some gems at low prices. I have one amazing regen player coming in already which will give me more than one headache as you will see when he is revealed.

I may strengthen my defence with a central defender to challenge Lascelles and I do have an initial £70m left to spend so I may sell before I buy any big targets as I have a load of players whose futures are unclear. Fiete Arp (remember him?) top scored in the Championship and is valued at over £40m, Benjamin Schindelholz did well at Udinese and is valued at £20m while Matija Musulin is valued at £13m. I also have several other players out on loan who could be sold so I will see how much I can raise before I put in any major offers.

PRE-SEASON

I can quite comfortably say already that this could be one of the best seasons in the Premier League and it will be very tough for us to win the league. Would you believe I have only got a net spend of £4m at the moment as I have spent £103m and taken in £99m which at the moment means I still have around £80m to spend!!!!

There were a few changes regarding my affiliate clubs. Annoyingly Karlsruhe were relegated to Germany's 3rd tier so they are useless as they cannot loan non-eu players but fortunately Mouscron got promoted so they should do well this season in Belgium plus I got Heerenveen too which is a fantastic side to get. I cancelled a few other links.

As for staff it was Newcastle v Man City again!!! They pinched the original Ronaldo off me for £2m as well as another scout for another £2m but I pinched a couple off them in turn. I also got David Trezeguet as a scout!!!!

So here are the transfers...…..

--

PLAYERS OUT

Patrik Schick is gone!!!! The reason will soon be apparent and he has joined Real Madrid for £56m which is a £33m profit. He was immense for us and scored 35 goals in just 55 appearances and we wish him all the best in the future.

Two other members of my first team squad have been sold. Freddie Woodman left to join Leicester for £6.25m. He played 45 times for me and did well but for the good of his career I felt I should let him go. The other player to leave was Rivaldo Coetzee who joined Yifang for £2.2m after a handful of appearances.

I raked in nearly £30m by selling some U23 players!!! Berke Ozer joined Cardiff City for £10.75m, Matija Musulin joined Hull City for £9.5m, Yefferson Maturana joined Udinese for £3.4m and Zvezdan Ubovic joined Partizan Belgrade for an initial for £2.4m after he was refused a work permit.

Out on loan went a few players. Willem Geubbels has joined Inter Milan for £2.5m and Fiete Arp has joined Cardiff City for £2.4m after I got paltry offers for him permanently. Gheorge Stoica is off to West Ham for £1.6m and Yannick Toure is off to Wolves for £1m and Benjamin Schindelholz has joined Valencia for the same amount.

I loaned out heaps of other youngsters too as usual.

--

PLAYERS IN

I had earmarked my biggest transfer a few months previously. I have paid RB Leipzig £66m to bring French central defender
Dayot Upamecano to the club. He is a world class defender and will hopefully build a brilliant partnership alongside De Ligt.
View attachment 36411

My next signing is the one that caused me a lot of headaches and he still is!!!! I have bought a Brazilian regen striker - labelled the next Ronaldo - for £18.5m from Flamengo. The problems? Well firstly I didn't need a striker so that's why Schick was sold but the main problem? HE IS CALLED
ARTHUR!!!!!! I will have to see if he has another name so I can distinguish one Arthur from the other.
View attachment 36410

My final signing for the first team was
Marcus Rashford from Man Utd for £15.75m. I am delighted to bring him in as he is English which is a boost and I have never managed him before and look forward to working with him. I had hoped to bring him in on a free in the summer but Man Utd triggered a contract extension clause but I am happy with the transfer fee in the end. His arrival made me loan out Geubbels.
View attachment 36409

I have also signed 7 regens for small fees (I couldn't sleep last night and was awake from 2am-5am scouring international sides lol). Most have left on loan to get work permits. I spent nearly £3m on these guys and
Jairo Martinez - a wonderkid - looks a real player.
View attachment 36408View attachment 36407View attachment 36406View attachment 36405View attachment 36404View attachment 36403View attachment 36402

As for missed targets. The main one was Kylian Mbappe. I had a £100m bid accepted but at the time I didn't want to pay a player £400k a week which was double my current highest paid player. I regret that now!!!!!! I decided to try and get a right back but after cancelling my DoFs bid for Hector Bellerin for £32m I changed my mind on him and they are now asking for double that!!!! Also I pulled out of a £44m deal for Passlack. Kai Havertz is a player who I like but Lucas Paqueta doesn't deserve to be dropped.

With £80m in the kitty I may still spend some cash.

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

Martyn Convery is my new backup keeper. Sukunza, a wonderkid, is at the same level but I like to have some English players where possible so I loaned Sukunza out. Upamecano obviously comes in to oust out my captain Lascelles at CB and that's about it apart from Arthur (striker) and Rashford replacing Geubbels and Schick.

--

OTHER TEAMS TRANSFERS

Mbappe, Saul, Asensio and Insigne are all new arrivals to the league!!!!!!

Chelsea - Saul (£95m) - Total Spend - £222m
Leicester - Lukaku (£8m), Phillip (£27m), Bernard (£6m)

Man City - Mbappe (£94m), Asensio (£89m), Van de Beek (£43m) - £215m
Man Utd - Insigne (£81m), Chilwell (£41.5m), Caldara (£48m), Davinson Sanchez (£34m), Butland (£19m) - £186m
Spurs - Joe Gomez (£49.5m), Batshuayi (£30m)

58cad2a4b4d33_MarcusRashford.jpg

Marcus Rashford

AUGUST

FA Community Shield
v
Newcastle United 4 (Kean 6, 71, Lucas Paqueta 20, D'Amico 65)
Manchester City 2 (Bailey 48, LaPorte 90)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt (Lascelles), Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico (Sancho), Lucas Paqueta, Kean*, Pellegri

We draw first blood in the Newcastle v Man City battle for the season although in truth the game could have went either way as Man City had a goal disallowed to draw level at 2-2.

--

v
Liverpool 3 (Belotti 6, Keita 45, Woodburn 89)
Newcastle United 6 (Kean 11, Pellegri 20, 22, 65, 69, 90)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Althauser), Kean (Sancho), Pellegri*

What a way to start the league campaign as Pietro Pellegri scored an amazing 5 goals to shoot down Liverpool at Anfield. My new signing, Louis Althauser, came off the bench and set up Pellegri's 4th with his 1st touch.

--

v
Newcastle United 3 (Kean 2, Pellegri 13, D'Amico 35)
West Ham United 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano (Lascelles), De Ligt, Robertson, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean, Pellegri

This was 3-0 going on 6 as we hit the woodwork 3 times and missed several other glorious chances.

--

v
Everton 0
Newcastle United 2 (Lucas Paqueta 58, D'Amico 90pen)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean (Rashford), Pellegri (Althauser)

A decent away victory that keeps our 100% record going. Marcus Rashford came off the bench to make his debut.

--

SUMMARY

A fantastic start to the season was had from us as we put 4 past Man City to win the Community Shield and then followed that by putting 6 past Liverpool with Pietro Pellegri bagging 5!!!! Victories over West Ham and Everton followed as we impose ourselves right from the start.

I did sign a couple more players. The main one being 18y/o Louis Althauser from Bayer Leverkusen for £48m. He is a striker but may find himself playing RW as cover for D'Amico more often than not but he has a big future ahead of him and I am delighted to bring him to the club.
View attachment 36196

I also signed Laudio Dju as a young backup player for a pittance but I don't expect him to feature in the first team tbh.
View attachment 36195

In the cups I was hoping for some easy ties so I can play my backups quite regularly like last season but it was not to be. They will probably play against Huddersfield in the Carabao Cup but in the Champions League we will face Real Madrid, AS Monaco and RB Leipzig!!!
50051.png
50023.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PIETRO PELLEGRI
View attachment 36193

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 36194

Last edited:
Dayot-Upamecano-449278.jpg

Dayot Upamecano

SEPTEMBER

v
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 34, Lucas Paqueta 40, Althuser 90)
Arsenal 1 (Diogo Jota 87)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini*, Arthur, D'Amico (Rashford), Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Pellegri (Althuser)

Our strong start continues and it could have been more as Pellegri missed a penalty. Althuser scored his first goal for the club with a well taken finish.

--

UEFA Champions League Group F
50051.png
v
Real Madrid 5 (Isco 4, 90, Mane 26, 34, Schick 59)
Newcastle United 6 (Pellegri 6, 12, Kean 20, D'Amico 24, Tierney 44, Sancho 65)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt (Lascelles), Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Pellegri*

WHAT A GAME!!!!!!

They had 33 shots to our 28 as both teams put on an attacking show never seen before. We stormed into a 4-1 lead and when Tierney scored I just knew it had to be our day but we gifted Schick a goal typically and had to hang on in the end. The only negative was that Kean got injured and is out for a few weeks.

--

v
Crystal Palace 2 (Jimenez 28, Cousins 90)
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 30, Rashford 73, Althuser 80)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin (Robertson), Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Althuser), Sancho (Rashford), Pellegri*

We weren't at the races for the 1st hour and then I made a triple substitution which really put us into gear and both Althuser and Rashford scored to give us the win.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
v
Huddersfield Town 1 (Ghezzal 21)
Newcastle United 2 (Rashford 53, Sancho 113)
AET

Lineup - Convery, Sampaio, Lascelles (Okoro), Maresic, Robertson, Cuisance, El Khatib (Santisteban), Althuser (Murphy) (Sancho), Xadas, Rashford, Arthur R.*

My backups did the job here. I gave debuts to Convery, Okoro and Arthur (now known as Arthur R. in teamsheets) who got the MoM award. Althuser was disappointing s was El Khatib.

--

v
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 15, 43, 46)
Huddersfield Town 0

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico (Althuser), Lucas Paqueta, Sancho (Rashford), Pellegri*

Back to back wins against the same opposition. Pietro Pellegri grabbed his 2nd hat-trick of the season.

--

V
Newcastle United 5 (Sancho 7, Lucas Paqueta 61, 66, Arthur R. 67, D'Amico 82)
RB Leipzig 0

Lineup
- Convery, Sampaio, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Cuisance (Santisteban), El Khatib, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Sancho, Althuser (Arthur R.)

Wonderful. I rested a few players and decided to give Althuser a start against a team from his home country but he was hopeless. Arthur R. came off the bench and scored immediately to show him up.

--

SUMMARY

We maintained our perfect start to the season during this month with some fine victories. I even managed to play some of my backups for a couple of games. The highlight of the month was the 5-0 win over Leipzig which sees us top of our group by 3pts already.

It seems already that it could be as I predicted in the summer - us v Man City again!! They did lose to Everton but they look very strong. Man Utd are struggling and we have them in the next round of the Carabao Cup.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PIETRO PELLEGRI

View attachment 36160

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 36159

players-celebration-lascelles-diame-lejeunne-leazes-end-distance-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

OCTOBER

v

Stoke City 1 (Afobe 26)

Newcastle United 6 (D'Amico 22, Upamecano 33, Pellegri 35, 73, Arthur 65, Rashford 78)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho (Rashford), Pellegri

A great away performance as we score 6 goals in an away match for the 3rd time already this season.

--

v
Newcastle United 2 (Arthur R. 67, Rashford 83)
West Bromwich Albion 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, El Khatib, D'Amico (Sancho), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean (Rashford), Althuser (Arthur R.)

Disaster!!!! During the international break Pietro Pellegri got injured and is out for 3-4 months so it gives Althuser, Rashford and Arthur R. to compete for a place. As it happened it was Arthur R. and Rashford who impressed as they came off the bench to score.

--

50023.png
v
AS Monaco 0
Newcastle United 2 (Jemerson 4og, Kean 6)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Sampaio, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney*, Cuisance, Arthur (El Khatib), D'Amico (Arthur R.), Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean, Althuser

This win effectively secures our qualification already as all the other teams are yet to win a game!!! Unfortunately D'Amico got injured and is out for about a month.

--

v
Burnley 1 (Iheanacho 90)
Newcastle United 2 (Mahlambi 7og, Arthur R. 55)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano (Lascelles), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, Althuser, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean (Sancho), Arthur R.

I have decided to play Althuser at RW as he is far better than Murphy so he will get a few games there to learn the position better and it also gives Arthur R. (so called by the way because one of his names is Rodrigues) a run up front and he duly scored. Althuser struggled.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
v
Newcastle United 1 (Carmona 106og)
Manchester United 0
AET

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt*, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, Rashford, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean (Sancho), Arthur R. (Murphy)

Even though this looks like a close game - don't be fooled - we absolutely battered Man Utd here and finally got what we deserved when an own goal went in our favour - our 3rd in as many games.

--

v
Newcastle United 3 (Arthur R. 42, El Khatib 62, Rashford 68)
Manchester United 3 (Andre Silva 27, 43, Bruno Fernandes 32)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Sampaio, Upamecano, Lascelles (Maresic), Robertson, Cuisance (Evans), El Khatib, Rashford, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Sancho, Arthur R.

After the win in midweek I would have expected a victory here but given that I was forced to play virtually my backup side I am happy with a draw - especially since we fought back from 2 goals down. El Khatib's goal was a beauty as was Rashford's.

--

SUMMARY

We weren't at our best this month but I think that is down to injuries and fatigue as I had to chop and change my side quite a bit. We remain unbeaten however and only a draw with Man Utd is a blot in our copybook.

Individually we were ricked by the injury to Pietro Pellegri who is out until after Christmas. Arthur R. has stepped up recently while Marcus Rashford has been immense also.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DAYOT UPAMECANO

View attachment 36132

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 36131

aerial-view-of-newcastle-united-football-club-also-known-as-st-james-A063T1.jpg

NOVEMBER

59324.png
v
50023.png

Newcastle United 4 (Rashford 1, Arthur R. 57, 83, Murphy 77)
AS Monaco 0

Lineup - Convery, Sampaio, Upamecano (Maresic), Lascelles, Robertson, Cuisance, El Khatib (Santisteban), Murphy, Xadas, Rashford, Arthur R.*

My backups did an amazing job here as they put 4 past Monaco with Arthur being the star of the show as "the next Ronaldo" continues to improve.

--

v
59324.png

Cardiff City
Newcastle United (Lucas Paqueta 3, Xadas 89, Althuser 90)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, Althuser, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean*, Arthur R. (Rashford)

We deserved a 3 goal winning margin and our 2 late goals gave us just that. Man City dropped points so we extend our lead.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 5 (Arthur R. 5, Lucas Paqueta 7, Arthur 17pen, Kean 22, Althuser 63)
Southampton 1 (Lemina 40)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano (Lascelles), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur*, Althuser, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Arthur R.

Easy. Both of the Arthur's scored for the 1st time as we demolished Southampton however Kean got injured and is out for a few weeks and Upamecano got a serious injury and is out for 3 months!!!

--

59324.png
v
50051.png

Newcastle United 4 (Arthur R. 11, 15, 81, D'Amico 45)
Real Madrid 2 (Kovacic 10, Milinkovic-Savic 74)

Lineup - Convery, Sampaio, Lascelles, De Ligt, Robertson, Cuisance, Arthur (El Khatib), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Sancho (Rashford), Arthur R.*

We went into this game 5pts clear of Real Madrid so I took the opportunity to rest a few players but never would I have predicted that we would win so handsomely and score 4 goals against them. Arthur R. was immense and is up to 10 goals for the season.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 5 (Arthur R. 24, Arthur 39, 90, Rashford 75, Pellegrini 88)
Chelsea 3 (Geraldes 1, 71, Fekir 6)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Althuser), Lucas Paqueta, Sancho (Rashford), Arthur R.*

What a game!!! We gave Chelsea a 2 goal head start but still we fought back to win. Arthur R. kept up his great form, Rashford continues to be a supersub, Arthur scored 2 goals in a game which is unheard of but the main highlight was Pellegrini's goal as he scored a stunning dipping volley from 35 yards.

--

SUMMARY

This month I think will prove to be the pivotal one in our season. For a start we were excellent result wise and have opened up a startling 8pt lead at the top of the table. In the Champions League we have won our group and have won all 5 of our games with us thumping both Monaco and Real Madrid this month.

I got a surprise when I signed a new player. I brought in a South African keeper on a free to help Mouscron out as I knew he wouldn't get a work permit and I expected to sell him on for a million or so but upon his arrival he was valued at over £10m!!!!!!
View attachment 35985

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ARTHUR CUGURRA RODRIGUES
View attachment 35984

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 35983

Last edited:
scotland-flag-w-border_large.jpg

KRIS STUART APPOINTED AS THE NEW SCOTLAND MANAGER!!!!!

After failing to qualify for the World Cup by finishing 2nd in the group behind Italy (no shame there considering they have half of my team) Scotland got rid of Alex McLeish and I jumped at the chance to take over. I have rejected offers from Spain, Holland and a few others but I always wanted to manage my country and now I have the chance.

Looking at the squad they have two great left backs - my very own Kieran Tierney and Andrew Robertson - plus a great CB in Scott McKenna of Arsenal. After that it is all a much of a muchness tbh but I look forward to leading the team!!!

th

DECEMBER

v
59324.png

Manchester City 3 (Icardi 16, 90, Van De Beek 50)
Newcastle United 3 (Sancho 31, 48, Lascelles 73)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Sancho, Arthur R. (Althuser)

So annoying!!!! If we had held on we would have extended our lead to 11pts but Icardi's leveller ended that hope. Having said that Man City were the better team so to get a point is a good result.

--

v
59324.png

RB Leipzig 1 (Paulinho 78)
Newcastle United 2 (Althuser 2, Arthur R. 72)

Lineup - Convery, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic, Robertson, Cuisance (Santisteban*), El Khatib, Murphy, Xadas, Rashford, Althuser (Arthur R.)

When the group was drawn I would never have thought that we would have won all our games but we have!!! God knows how Santisteban got the MoM award!!!

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 5 (Althuser 4, Sancho 26, Lucas Paqueta 39, D'Amico 58, Arthur 79)
Watford 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho*, Althuser

A near perfect performance. We are still unbeaten for the season and I can only imagine what it would be like if Pellegri hadn't got injured!!!

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 4 (D'Amico 52, 75, El Khatib 57, Althuser 82)
Arsenal 0

Lineup - Convery, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic, Robertson, Cuisance, El Khatib, D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta, Rashford (Murphy), Arthur R. (Althuser)

A fantastic result as my weakened side thump Arsenal to move into the quarter-finals.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 2 (Arthur R. 70, 90)
Bournemouth 1 (Kostic 89)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Rashford), Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Althuser (Arthur R.*)

We huffed and puffed and actually battered Bournemouth (we had over 30 shots) but couldn't get the goal. Finally Arthur R. came off the bench to score but when they levelled I was gutted but we immediately went up to the other end of the park and Arthur R. scored the winner.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 3 (D'Amico 63, Althuser 70, 90)
Liverpool 2 (Cengiz Under 33, Belotti 83)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Rashford), Kean, Arthur R. (Althuser*)

Last time out Arthur R. came on for Althuser to win us the match and the roles were reversed this time around. Maresic had a goal disallowed too late on but Althuser was great as he backheeled an assist for the first and coolly finished twice himself.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 2 (D'Amico 77, 90)
Tottenham Hotspur 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta (Rashford), Kean, Althuser (Arthur R.)

We were struggling here and yet again it was down to a sub to change the game for us. This time it was Marcus Rashford who came on and set up both of the goals for Felice D'Amico.

--

v
59324.png

Brighton & Hove Albion 3 (Sheaf 49, Ritchie 53, Oliveira 90)
Newcastle United 6 (Althuser 62, 90, Rashford 64, 89, 90, Murphy 79)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles, De Ligt, Robertson, Pellegrini (Santisteban), Cuisance (El Khatib), Rashford*, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho (Murphy), Althuser

CRAZY BISCUITS!!!

I had to rest a few players due to them not being fit enough with the hectic winter schedule and what unfolded was a crazy match and an incredible last few minutes where there were 4 goals scored after the 89th minute.

To win 6-3 after being 2 down with under half an hour to go is quite an achievement!!!!

--

SUMMARY

The first half of the season is done and everything is going perfect. Even the injury to Pellegri has been a boost as it has meant that Rashford, Althuser and Arthur R. have been given a chance to impress and on the whole they have done so.

We have opened up a colossal 14pt lead at the top of the table so it really seems to be just a matter of time before the title is confirmed. In the Carabao Cup we will play Chelsea in the semis, we have Portsmouth in the FA Cup and Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League.

Finally Pietro Pellegri won every single end of the year player award from European Golden Boy to World Footballer of the Year and Felice D'Amico was runner-up for most. I also signed another African on the cheap to sell on for profit.
View attachment 35898

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FELICE D'AMICO
View attachment 35896

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 35894

Last edited:
WHAT A READ!!! Some phenomenal signings, especially Pellegri. I decided to go for Cutrone on my Liverpool save instead of Pellegri and done well for me but his record for you is something else...keep up the great work, really enjoying this..

newcastle-players-stretch-on-mats-outside-of-the-training-ground-the-picture-id479322402

JANUARY

v
59324.png

West Ham United 1 (Boschilia 9)
Newcastle United 3 (Rashford 13, Lascelles 27, Althuser 28)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin*, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Cuisance), Rashford, Althuser

After Rashford's hat-trick I didn't dare drop him so Kean was left out and Rashford scored again to give me another headache. Althuser also netted again and Pellegri is due back soon.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 1 (Lucas Paqueta 57)
Everton 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta* (Sancho), Rashford, Althuser (Arthur R.)

We battered Everton here but only got 1 goal to show for our efforts. Hey ho.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 3 (Rashford 2, 31, 45pen)
Portsmouth 0

Lineup
- Convery, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic, Robertson, Cuisance (Santisteban), El Khatib (Evans), Rashford*, Xadas, Sancho (Murphy), Arthur R.

Another Marcus Rashford show - he even won the penalty which led to his hat-trick!!!

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
v
59324.png

Chelsea 1 (Morata 53)
Newcastle United 3 (Lucas Paqueta 18, 20, Kean 61)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Rashford), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Pellegri (Althuser)

Pellegri returns!!!!! When he got injured a few months back he was top scorer for us and was leading the way in the league and on his return he still is which is quite remarkable (Icardi has scored 13 goals too for Man City). This is a great result and we should be in the final now.

--

v
59324.png

Arsenal 1 (Iwobi 70)
Newcastle United 1 (Rashford 79)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Maresic, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico (Rashford), Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Pellegri

We were quite poor out there and when we fell behind I thought our 1st defeat of the season was on the cards but Marcus Rashford saved us and rescued a point. Both teams misses glorious chances to win the game late on.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 7 (Pellegri 23, 27pen, Kean 39, Lucas Paqueta 55, Pellegrini 77, Rashford 79, 89)
Crystal Palace 2 (Jimenez 65, Fassnacht 90)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin (Sampaio), Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Robertson, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Rashford), Pellegri*

A very nice victory. Pellegri got back on the scoresheet to put us 2-0 up and when Rashford scored his double I just noticed that they are level on goals scored!!!! Rashford has 12 league goals - he has 4 league starts!!!

--

v
59324.png

Huddersfield Town 0
Newcastle United 6 (Lucas Paqueta 9, 74, Kean 28, 80, Pellegri 68, 70pen)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin (Sampaio), Lascelles, De Ligt, Robertson, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico (Rashford), Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Pellegri*

7 goals in the last game and 6 goals in this. Pellegri is back to his best as he notched up 2 goals and 3 assists!!!!

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 1 (Rashford 69)
Chelsea 2 (Hazard 36, Hernandez 72)
(Agg: 4-3)

Lineup - Convery, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic, Robertson, Cuisance (Santisteban), El Khatib(Evans), Rashford, Xadas, Sancho, Althuser (Arthur R.)

This, amazingly, is our first defeat of the season in all competitions but my backups did enough to see us through into the final.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 3 (Xadas 3, Althuser 10, Sancho 24)
Hull City 2 (Irvine 74, Mir 88)

Lineup - Convery, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic, Robertson, Cuisance (Santisteban), El Khatib (Evans), Rashford (Murphy), Xadas*, Sancho, Althuser

I am happy that we are through but I thought we should have scored more than the 3 that we did having surged ahead so early.

--

SUMMARY

January saw us lose our first match of the season but it didn't matter as we still made it through to the Carabao Cup final. Otherwise we were excellent!!! The highlights were a 3-1 away victory against Chelsea in the Carabao Cup and scoring 7 past Crystal Palace and 6 past Huddersfield.

In the transfer window I didn't sell anyone but Real Madrid bid for Kean, Pellegri, Arthur and Lucas Paqueta!!!! If I had accepted all of the offers I would have raked in over £300m but naturally I wasn't interested.

I did however sign several regens all for a pittance. 90% of them have been loaned out to Mouscron or Heerenveen to get a work permit but the one to watch out for is the Argentinian wonderkid RB Eandi who I signed on a pre-contract and then paid £1.9m for him to move immediately.
View attachment 35859View attachment 35858View attachment 35857View attachment 35856View attachment 35855View attachment 35854View attachment 35853View attachment 35852

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUCAS PAQUETA

View attachment 35861

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 35860

Last edited:
Carabao-Cup-draw-quarter-final-fixtures-871528.jpg

FEBRUARY

v
59324.png

Leicester City 2 (Gray 29, 33)
Newcastle United 5 (Lucas Paqueta 2, 45, Pellegri 31, 41pen, D'Amico 58)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (El Khatib), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Pellegri (Althuser)

A fine victory as Lucas Paqueta and Pietro Pellegri carry on their amazing form but Pellegri picked up an injury and is out for a few weeks.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 6 (Althuser 1, 15, 30, Arthur 9, Lucas Paqueta 26, Arthur R. 60)
Stoke City 2 (Wilson 17, Wood 81)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (El Khatib), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Althuser* (Arthur R.)

We didn't need Pellegri here as Louis Althuser scored a hat-trick in his absence. In our last 4 games we have scored 7, 6, 5 and 6 goals.

--

v
59324.png

West Bromwich Albion 0
Newcastle United 2 (Kean 14, Gregoritsch 34og)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini*, Arthur, D'Amico (Rashford), Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Althuser (Arthur R.)

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
v
59324.png

Borussia Dortmund 1 (Isak 54)
Newcastle United 4 (D'Amico 27, 82, Kean 63, Pellegrini 68)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta (Sancho), Kean, Althuser (Arthur R.)

A great result. Dortmund battered us in the 1st half and how we went in at half-time a goal up I don't know and in the 2nd half when they equalised I thought the worst but they had a defender sent-off moments later and after that it was one way traffic and we ended up scoring 4. Upamecano made his return from injury here.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 2 (Sancho 5, El Khatib 23)
Stoke City 0

Lineup - Convery, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic (Hanus), Tierney, Cuisance (Evans), El Khatib, Rashford, Xadas (Santisteban), Sancho*, Arthur R.

I put out a backup side here and they did a fine job. Hanus came on to make his debut and was taken off within a minute due to injury!

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 4 (Kean 3, 51, Pellegrini 55, Rashford 87)
Burnley 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Robertson (Tierney), Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Althuser), Lucas Paqueta, Kean*, Pellegri (Rashford)

Nice and easy. Moise Kean has found his shooting boots recently as he scored another 2 goals but long gone are the days when he scored 30+ goals from the left wing.

--

Carabao Cup Final
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 4 (Lucas Paqueta 3, Pellegri 12, 26, Sancho 90)
Fulham 1 (Nketiah 31)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt (Lascelles), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Rashford), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean (Sancho), Pellegri

THE CARABAO CUP IS OURS!!!!

Fulham were no match for us tbh - especially after we took such an early lead - and when we were 3-0 up before the half hour mark I knew the trophy was ours.

--

SUMMARY

A fine month - culminating in ourselves clinching the Carabao Cup with a 4-1 victory over Fulham. We really played well this month and scored 4 past Borussia Dortmund away from home which was the highlight of the month tbh.

Next month sees us have the youth intake and should see us find out next seasons budget as we are only a win or two away from securing Champions League football. To think that by the end of February we are sitting 17pts clear at the top and 28pts clear of 5th place is quite incredible.

I just got a loan report through and I have many, many, decisions to make. Sure several are made for me as in the players that wont have work permits but several quality players are due to come back. Schindelholz, Arp and Geubbels are 3 strikers returning. Lenny Robson, Joseph Marwood and Graham Conway have impressed and are valued at over £10m while Sukunza and Dani Martin are 2 keepers due to return. As I said that is not to mention the 18 players that don't have work permits!!!!!

I did a rough count and I have over £300m worth of talent out on loan given at their base value and if you take Geubbels as an example who is valued at £20m - I rejected a £60m bid for him 2 seasons back!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LORENZO PELLEGRINI

View attachment 35812

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 35811

[video=youtube;LVRibG3KRtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVRibG3KRtI[/video]

I will now show goals or games against opponents that I have faced in the month - here is Laurent Robert scoring a scorpion overhead kick v Fulham.

MARCH

v
59324.png

Manchester United 2 (Caldara 9, 56)
Newcastle United 2 (D'Amico 33, Kean 35)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt (Lascelles), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Cuisance), Kean, Pellegri (Rashford)

This point secures qualification for the Champions League for next season so I have been given my initial transfer budget. £50m. Not great but manageable.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 6 (Sancho 13, 23, Althuser 14, Xadas 19, 45, Rashford 90)
Borussia Dortmund 7 (Weigl 17, Isak 41, 73, David Neres 68, Ramselaar 75, 90, Suarez 84)
(Agg: 10-8)

Lineup
- Convery, Sampaio, Lascelles, Maresic (Okoro), Robertson, Cuisance (Faccin), El Khatib (Santisteban), Rashford, Xadas, Sancho, Althuser

Barmy. How we lost when we were 5-2 up at half-time is beyond me as my backups must have thought the game was over and to be fair so did I.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 8 (D'Amico 6, Pellegri 14pen, 25, 70, Arthur 34, 45, Lucas Paqueta 54, De Ligt 63)
Cardiff City 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Pellegri*

A perfect performance. Cardiff didn't even get a shot on goal as we humiliated the Welsh side. They did have a man sent-off but we were already 4-0 up when it happened. Moise Kean deserved a goal - he got 4 assists.

--

v
59324.png

Southampton 0
Newcastle United 3 (Lucas Paqueta 35, Kean 58, D'Amico 66)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Pellegri (Althuser)

Southampton were battling for a Champions League spot at Christmas but they have fallen by the wayside now and we dealt with them easily enough.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 4 (Arthur 3, Pellegri 12, Lucas Paqueta 45, Kean 64)
Fulham 1 (Nketiah 38)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Upamecano, De Ligt (Lascelles), Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Rashford), Pellegri*

We ended last month by beating Fulham 3-1 in the Carabao Cup final and we end this one by beating them 4-1 in the FA Cup.

--

SUMMARY

March saw us lose a game!!!! It was a crazy match as we went from 5-2 up to 7-6 down against Dortmund but in the end it didn't matter as we progressed into the next round anyway and we will face Atletico Madrid in the quarter-finals.

In the league we are still unbeaten and with a 15pt lead are only a win or two away from securing the championship. Pietro Pellegri is competing to be the top scorer as he is 1 behind Mauro Icardi but Icardi didn't miss 12 games of the league campaign so far!!!!

In the youth intake we got 2 decent looking players.....
View attachment 35786View attachment 35785

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUCAS PAQUETA
View attachment 35784

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 35783

--

th

SCOTLAND

Friendly
svk.gif
v
sco.gif

Slovakia 2 (Duda 55, 84)
Scotland 1 (Griffiths 34)

Lineup
- Archer, Paterson (Ralston), McCrorie (Hendry), McKenna, Tierney, McGinn, McGregor (McTominay), Slane (Forrest), Christie (Hornby), Morgan, Griffiths (May)

My first game in charge and I have to admit I don't have much to work with. I have 2 great LBs (my very own Tierney and Robertson), 2 good CBs in McKenna and McCrorie and 1 good regen in Slane. After that I am struggling. We didn't deserve to lose here mind you!!! I gave Lewis Morgan his international debut here.

--

Friendly
arm.gif
v
sco.gif

Armenia 0
Scotland 4 (McTominay 40, Forrest 48, May 54, Fleck 64pen)

Lineup
- Archer (Clark), Paterson, McCrorie (Lindsay), McKenna, Robertson, McTominay*, McGregor (Fleck), Slane (Forrest), Christie (Hornby), Morgan, Griffiths (May)

That's better!!! Zander Clark came off the bench to make his debut in goal for us.

Last edited: