Newcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers

[video=youtube;QcyNGDbS7kU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcyNGDbS7kU[/video]

OCTOBER

UEFA Champions League Group D
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 9 (Kean 8, 40, Addai 11, 14, 15, Althuser 31, 48, Madlala 56, Pulgar 75og)
Torino 0

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Alexander-Arnold, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, Althuser*, Addai, Kean, Madlala

Magnificent. I thought we were going to get double figures again here.

I have to pick out Henri Addai as he only scored 4 goals last season and has 6 goals already this term. I also noticed that he was at the top of the list in the top players of the world and he is certainly playing up to that just now. Unfortunately he is keeping out Kai Havertz who was in the top 5 of that list lol.

The top 10 in that list is...
Addai (Newcastle)
Neymar (PSG)
Pellegri (Newcastle)
Gallinetta (Newcastle) !!!
Havertz (Newcastle)
Pogba (PSG)
Arthur (Newcastle)
Cortes (Bayern Munich) - I just sold him!
D'Amico (Newcastle)
Pellegrini (Newcastle)

Trent Alexander-Arnold is also in the list too. Moise Kean isn't on it. Crazy.

--

v
59324.png

Derby County 0
Newcastle United 2 (Pellegri 44pen, Addai 46)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Eandi, Upamecano (Gallinetta), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (El Khatib), Arthur, Althuser, Addai*, Kean (Rashford), Pellegri

Pellegri's drought is over as he converted a penalty here. Addai impressed again and he scored a fine goal.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 5 (Kean 14, 79, 90, Pellegri 30pen, Rashford 85)
Stoke City 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eandi, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, El Khatib (Alvarez), D'Amico (Rashford), Addai, Kean*, Pellegri (Sancho)

That's better. Moise Kean was the star of the show as he grabbed a hat-trick but Pietro Pellegri is still flattering to deceive.

--

v
59324.png

Bayer Leverkusen 0

Newcastle United 2 (Pellegri 20, Upamecano 70)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Eandi (Alexander-Arnold), Upamecano*, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (El Khatib), D'Amico (Althuser), Havertz, Kean, Pellegri

--

v
59324.png

Cardiff City 3 (Nketiah 35, Toma 44, Oxford 88)
Newcastle United 4 (Pellegri 9, 18, 86, D'Amico 19)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eandi, Upamecano (Gallinetta), De Ligt, Tierney, Alvarez, Arthur (Havertz), D'Amico, Addai, Kean (Sancho), Pellegri*

Cardiff gave us a fright here but we managed to sneak the win. Pietro Pellegri got a hat-trick as he seems to be finding his form again.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 5 (El Khatib 37, Sancho 41, 56pen, 83pen, Althuser 64)
Swansea City 0

Lineup - Convery, Alexander-Arnold, Gallinetta, Kotalik, Eduardo, Alvarez (Smit), El Khatib, Althuser, Havertz (Wood), Sancho*, Madlala (Curran)

My backups did a fine job here. Jadon Sancho becomes the 5th player this season to score a hat-trick.

--

SUMMARY

We were much better this month and kicked things off with a great 9-0 victory over Torino which was the highlight of the month. We mostly won our games by scoring 4 or 5 goals in a game so we are getting back to our best and Pietro Pellegri is finding his form again.

Off the field we got Kaizer Chiefs of South Africa as a feeder side. As for Aberdeen they have been terrible and still sit 11th in the SPL although they did just beat Atalanta in the Europa League. They are somehow playing 5 games in a row away from home in the league which doesn't help.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HENRI ADDAI
View attachment 34244

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 34243

--

th

Willie Miller
1975-89
65 caps, 1 goal

SCOTLAND

Friendly
sco.gif
v
nzl.gif

Scotland 2 (Clark 26og, McGregor 69)
New Zealand 1 (Thomas 56)

Lineup - Fitzpatrick, Herd, McCrorie, Lindsay, Tierney (Montgomery), Mallan (McGinn), McGregor, Burke (Slane), Christie (Gilmour), Kenneth*, Wright (Hodge)

Not great. Yet again half my squad wasn't fit enough to play really. Montgomery of Celtic made his debut here.

--

UEFA Nations League Division B Group 1
sco.gif
v
sui.gif

Scotland 1 (Hornby 73)
Switzerland 1 (Rodriguez 51)

Lineup - Fitzpatrick, MacDonald, McCrorie, McKenna, Montgomery, Gauld (McGinn), McGregor (Mallan), Slane (Burke), Gilmour, Wright, Hornby*

This draw secures us as group winners. Yay lol.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;uvvMwAjeRVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvvMwAjeRVc[/video]

NOVEMBER

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 5 (Kean 2, 24, 64, Pellegri 52, 90pen)
Middlesbrough 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eandi, Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, Althuser, Addai (Havertz), Kean*, Pellegri

Moise Kean has scored in 3 league games this season and in each one he has grabbed a hat-trick!

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 3 (Sancho 23, Madlala 50, El Khatib 74)
Bayer Leverkusen 1 (Busse 6)

Lineup - Convery, Alexander-Arnold, Gallinetta, Kotalik, Eduardo, Alvarez (Smit), El Khatib, Althuser*, Havertz, Sancho, Madlala (Curran) (Rashford)

I put out my backups here and they got the win required despite falling behind early on.

--

v
59324.png

Tottenham Hotspur 3 (Ntcham 16, 59, Batshuayi 37)
Newcastle United 5 (Pellegri 7, 27, Althuser 52, Rashford 75, 84)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Eandi, Upamecano, De Ligt (Kotalik), Tierney, Pellegrini (Alvarez), Arthur, Althuser, Addai, Kean (Rashford), Pellegri

This was a thrilling match as both teams both went for it and Spurs deserved a draw in truth but Marcus Rashford came off the bench to win it for us.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 1 (Havertz 23)
Liverpool 1 (Keita 59)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Eandi (Alexander-Arnold), Upamecano, De Ligt, Tierney, Alvarez (El Khatib), Arthur, D'Amico, Havertz, Kean (Rashford), Pellegri

Very disappointing as we created enough chances to win this game 3 times over. Addai hadn't scored for a little while so I put Havertz in and he repaid me with a goal.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 3 (Madlala 47, 90, Rashford 76)
Lyon 0

Lineup - Convery, Alexander-Arnold, Gallinetta, Kotalik, Eduardo, Alvarez (Smit), El Khatib, Althuser, Addai*, Sancho (Rashford), Madlala

We had secured qualification going into this game. Henri Addai got the MoM award with a 8.9 rating yet he didn't score or get an assist against his old club.

--

SUMMARY

November only provided one hiccup when we drew with Liverpool 1-1 - all the rest of the games we dominated and won easily enough with the exception of the Spurs game although we even scored 5 goals there.

Not much else is to be said. Aberdeen are still playing **** and Darran Donald's job is on a shoogly peg while my national side is still going great guns and won their UEFA Nations League group.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LOUIS ALTHUSER
View attachment 34218

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 34217

--

th

Danny McGrain
1973-82
62 caps

SCOTLAND

UEFA Nations League Division B Group 1
svk.gif
v
sco.gif

Slovakia 2 (Safranko 53, Zrelak 89)
Scotland 4 (McGregor 33pen, Kenneth 52, Mallan 57, Burke 67)

Lineup - Fitzpatrick, MacDonald (Herd), McCrorie, McKenna, Tierney, Mallan, McGregor, Slane (Burke), Gilmour, Kenneth*, Hornby (Hodge)

A good win and for the first 45min it looked unlikely as Slovakia dominated but we got a penalty which was converted by McGregor. We steamrollered them in the 2nd half though. Kenneth and Gilmour were excellent - they need to perform for Aberdeen too now!

I just noticed that Slovakia were my first opponents as Scotland manager and they won 2-1. Since then we have came on leaps and bounds and are far better than them.

--

Friendly
hun.gif
v
sco.gif

Hungary 1 (Mervo 81)
Scotland 5 (Hornby 3, 25, McGregor 31, 74, Slane 54)

Lineup - Fitzpatrick, MacDonald, McCrorie (Herd), Lindsay, Tierney (Robertson), Gauld (McGinn), McGregor*, Slane (Burke), Christie (Mallan), Kenneth (Wright), Hornby

Last edited: