jamie.is.king

Reaction score
Kevin+Nolan+Newcastle+United+v+Sunderland+aSNf26fiorWl.jpg

I'm half way through my second season at Newcastle.

2010/11- We finished 9th in a good but inconsistent season. Andy Carroll was the star scoring 17 goals and getting into the England squad.

This is my current squad:

Goalkeepers
Tim+Krul+West+Ham+United+v+Newcastle+united+UErxxqkSgk8l.jpg

Steve Harper - Out of contract at the end of the season and probably leaving the club
Fraser Foster - Currently plays second fiddle to Tim Krul
Tim Krul - Number 1 on the verge of a national team call up

Defenders
Fabricio+Coloccini+Chelsea+v+Newcastle+United+SBvSr3c1Gfzl.jpg

Fabricio Coloccini - Argentine defender has been solid and is vice captain
Jose Enrique— ‘The Bull’has been an ever present at left back
Ryan Shawcross—Signed for a bargain £3.3m after Stoke were relegated in the summer
Ryan Taylor—Orginaly not part of my plans but has proved a solid right back
Stephen Folan(rsv)– Irish youngster looking to break into the team
Steven Taylor—Managed to tie him down to along term deal but he often starts at right back
Tamas Kadar—Very good improvement from the Hungarian who won 2 younger player of the month awards last season.
James Tavernier(rsv)—21-year-old who has made a few Carling Cup starts

Midfielders
Stephen+Ireland+Newcastle+United+v+Aston+Villa+0so4Iy6Sa5Gl.jpg

Kevin Nolan—Club captain who was poor last season but has netted 7 times this season
Adam Johnson—New signing who was dynamite on his debut against Scunthorpe
Danny Guthrie—Currently transfer listed after a poor showing last season
Haris Vuckic—Young midfielder often on the bench set for a big future on Tyneside
Georginio Wijnaldum—Signed from Feyernoord in the summer has show glimpses of class
Dan Gosling—Struggled for starts and hasn’t really broken into the team yet
Jonas Gutierrez—Consistently good and has chipped in with a few goals
Cheik Tiote—Has been a lynchpin in the midfield
Kazenga LuaLua—Decent in a few Carling Cup games and substitute appearances
Yven Moyo(rsv)– Good prospect but has had limited games
Hatem Ben Arfa—Rather strangely I extended his loan by a year but he would not sign permanently but a genius when on form
Blaise Matuidi—Signed for a cheap £2.2m in January hopefully will form a strong partnership with Tiote but both are similar players
Bradden Inmann- Austrailian youngster who appears on the bench
Stephen Ireland—Yet to start the £2.8m signing will hopefully reinvigorate his career on Tyneside

Forwards
Andy+Carroll+Newcastle+United+v+Fulham+Premier+xUo06K__jfwl.jpg

Andy Carroll—Top class forward with 17 goals last season and 12 in 24 games this season he is a key player
Connor Wickham—Gifted teenager who has made a few starts this season
Marcus Berg- Signed on loan from Hamburg he has been a real disappointment with only 3 goals this season
Aaron Spear(rsv)—Young forward currently listed for loan
Joan Simun Edmundsson(rsv)-Icelandic 20-year-old who has made Carling Cup starts
32 Ryan Donaldson– Local talent finding it tough to break into the first team

Absentees include Joey Barton who was unhappy so sold to West Ham. Deadwood like Routledge, Williamson, Perch, Best, Xisco, Simpson and Lovenkrands have all moved on.

Sol Campbell was excellent first season but wanted crazy wages and a two-year deal so he was released and Nile Ranger is on loan at Charlton.

I am currently nearing the close of the transfer window having acquired Adam Johnson(£5.5m) Stephen Ireland(£2.8m) and Blaise Matuidi9£2.2m) and am hoping to push on for another comfortable top 10 finish

My preferred formation and line-up:
View attachment 116249

great signings mate, especially Adam Johnson and Stephen Ireland. Well done, you've got a follower.

IRELAND WANTS TO SHINE
New signing hopes to star on Tyneside
stephen%20ireland_BAi.png

Stephen Ireland has promised he will be a hit at St James Park after his £2.8m move from Aston Villa.

The 25-year-old Irishman failed to live up to his billing at Villa Park but believes he can recapture his form from his Manchester City days.

Ireland said:"It's a great chance for me at a great club.

"I believe in my ability and it's great that the manager also believes in me. He wants me to reinvigorate my career and play at a level I know I can."

Ireland may be in line to make his first start in the FA Cup 3rd round replay against QPR after missing the 5-1 win over Scunthorpe with a fractured wrist.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

NOLAN DOUBLE SMASHES OLD CLUB BOLTON
Winger Johnson also on target as Newcastle defeat Trotters 3-1

Kevin+Nolan+Newcastle+United+v+Sunderland+Sw-oVKIUmQUl.jpg

Captain Kevin Nolan inspired Newcastle to a comfortable 3-1 win over Bolton Wanderers at St James Park.

The ex-trotter Nolan scored twice in the first half to grab his eighth and ninth goals of the season and move Newcastle into 11th.

Swedish forward Johan Elmander had put the visitors ahead after 10 minutes but new signing Adam Johnson levelled a minute later with a fierce shot.

Johnson was overjoyed with his first goal for his boyhood club after his £5.5m move from Manchester City but the day belonged to Nolan.

The midfielder dealt his old club a double sucker punch with two close range finishes before half time.

Attendance: 38,816
Man of the Match: Kevin Nolan

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

TAYLOR SEES RED AS HAMMERS EDGE OUT TOON
Zavon Hines earns West Ham a fortunate 1-0 win over Newcastle

West+Ham+United+v+Newcastle+united+Premier+1V6wI5D6tIzl.jpg

Ryan Taylor was red carded as Newcastle were unlucky to fall 1-0 at Upton Park.

Young forward Zavon Hines fired in a low strike to win the game late on after Taylor was dismissed on the hour mark.

West Ham had to soak up pressure with Andy Carroll and Adam Johnson both coming close before Hines won the game for the Londoners.

Attendance: 34,980
Man of the Match: Matthew Upson

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

TWO FOR SHOLA AS NEWCASTLE BEAT
BRUM

Shola Ameobi bagged a brace as Newcastle defeated Birmingham
2-1

Shola+Ameobi+Newcastle+United+v+Sunderland+VY8rLFsSurml.jpg

A last gasp Shola Ameobi goal gifted Newcastle a hard fought victory at St Andrews.

Second half substitute Ameobi put the Tynesiders ahead after 55 minutes before giant forward Nikola Zigic levelled for Birmingham.

Zigic's late goal looked to have salvaged a draw for Birmingham until Ameobi headed Newcastle above Sunderland in the Premier League table.

Attendance: 22,546
Man of the Match: Shola Ameobi

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

WOLVES WIN BATTLE OF ST JAMES PARK
Enrique own goal hands Wolves away day points on Tyneside

Wolverhampton+Wanderers+v+Newcastle+United+4R-gt5OjhrRl.jpg

Newcastle were dealt a cruel blow as Wolves snatched all three points after a horrific own goal from Jose Enrique.

Christophe Berra had put Wolves ahead after just five minutes but Newcastle dominated the game.

Eventually Andy Carroll levelled on the hour mark with a powerful volley past Wayne Hennessey in the Wolves goal.

Stephen Ireland came off the bench for his debut and should have won the game for Newcastle with a low drive that came back off the post.

With a late corner Wolves pinched the points after Enrique mis-kicked the ball into his own net to halt Newcastle's charge towards the top half.

Attendance: 41,916
Man of the match: Christophe Berra

NEWCASTLE LOOK AT NEW MODRIC
United send scouts to watch Georgian playmaker

fratria_1__26_.38590.source.jpg

Newcastle manager Jamie Orrell dispatched chief scout Graham Carr to watch Spartak Moscow teenager Jano Ananidze.

The 19-year-old has been hailed as the new Luka Modric and has been linked with Manchester City over the past months.

Jano has 11 caps for Georgia and already has four international goals and could be a replacement for Hatem Ben Arfa who may leave Newcastle at the end of his loan deal.

It is believed that Carr highly recommends the player and believes an offer of around £6.5m could tempt Spartak to sell the wonderkid.

View attachment 116455

NOLAN DOUBLE RESCUES POINT FROM CHAMPIONS
Captain scores twice as Newcastle hold Chelsea

Kevin+Nolan+Newcastle+United+v+Sunderland+MCkQ3MYW9G1l.jpg

Newcastle United 2-2 Chelsea

Kevin Nolan continued his great season with two more goals to take a point of Chelsea at St James Park.

Nicolas Anelka put the champions ahead after just five minutes but Nolan levelled just after half time.

Frank Lampard appeared to have won the game until Nolan's late header salvaged a draw for the Tynesiders.

Nolan now has 11 Premier League goals this season, the most ever in a single season in the top flight.

Attendance: 51,094
Man of the Match: Kevin Nolan

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

THERE'S ONLY ONE UNITED
Newcastle beat Manchester 2-0 at St James Park

Andy+Carroll+Arsenal+v+Newcastle+United+Premier+dPDN43qgo-Vl.jpg

Andy Carroll scored as Newcastle cruised past a below-par Manchester United.

Nani put through his own net in a bizarre incident from a corner before Carroll sealed the win late on.

Carroll troubled Vidic and Evans all afternoon and got his rewards when he met a Stephen Ireland cross with a bullet header past Tomasz Kuszczak.

The win cements Newcastle's position in 12th with time running out for a top half push for the Tynesiders.

Attendance: 48,395
Man of the Match: Andy Carroll

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

BURNLEY STUN TOON
Newcastle brought back down to earth at Turf Moor

Hull+City+v+Burnley+Premier+League+7nB0f5MttpBl.jpg

Burnley 2-0 Newcastle United

Newcastle followed their win over Manchester United with a poor defeat to Burnley.

Steven Thompson opened the scoring for the Clarets before Wijnaldum conceded a penalty allowing Graham Alexander to double the lead.

The two early goals allowed Burnley to sit back as Newcastle struggled to break down the home team.

Attendance:15,943
Man of the Match: Graham Alexander

Nice start mate, Enjoy the massive headlines clever idea ;) Good luck and KIU will check on your progress and story from time to time mate.

PORTUGUESE TAKEOVER ON TYNESIDE
Consortium from Portugal completes takeover of Newcastle United

19-2.jpg

Manager Jamie Orrell's job is under threat after a consortium lead by Lisbon-based businessman Fernando Rocha acquired Newcastle.

According to the Guardian Rocha may want to reinstall Alan Shearer as Newcastle manager.Rocha's first priority however is to get the club on a sound financial footing.

Newcastle fans have come out in support of Orrell after the local manager turned the club into a solid Premier League side.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:50 PM ----------

TOON AND BAGGIES DRAW IN GOAL FEAST
Newcastle held to 3-3 draw at the Hawthorns

Hatem+Ben+Arfa+Everton+v+Newcastle+United+jKCf162ir-tl.jpg

Graham Dorrans scored a late goal to salvage a point for the Baggies against Newcastle.

Newcastle had appeared to have won the game after Hatem Ben Arfa scored a fine solo effort on the hour mark until Dorrans scrambled home late on.

Andy Carroll and a Nicky Shorey own goal put Newcastle two up before Shorey smashed home a free kick and James Morrison headed home from close range.

Kevin Nolan then missed a penalty before Ben Arfa scored the Tynesiders' third.

Attendance:26,716
Man of the Match: Adam Johnson

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

ORRELL TO KEEP HIS JOB
New owners guarantee Newcastle manager his job
st-james-park.jpg

New Newcastle owner Fernando Rocha has said current manager Jamie Orrell will keep his job.

Rocha has decided to show faith in the geordie after orginally stating he will look for a replacement.

Rocha's Portugese consortium have taken over from Mike Ashley on Tyneside and are hoping to make steady progress with Orrell at the helm.

TOON END IN DISAPPOINTING 13TH PLACE
Newcastle ended the 2011/12 season in 13th place with 47 points

View attachment 116703

Manchester City also claimed their first ever Premier League title while all three promoted clubs were relegated.

Andy Carroll ended the season with 16 league goals just five behind Carlos Tevez who claimed the golden boot.

Adam Johnson made 11 assists over the course of the season again five behind Ashley Young who topped the assists table.

View attachment 116704

looks gd mate, i am following , could you post a screenshot of your transfer from the 1st season, the in's and out's !!

by the way are you using the default FM11 database ???

yeah mate why?

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

BEN ARFA REFUSES TO SIGN FOR TOON
Hatem Ben Arfa will not enter contract talks with Newcastle to make his loan deal permanent

Hatem+Ben+Arfa+Everton+v+Newcastle+United+5255wm7Yn28l.jpg

Ben Arfa will return to Marseille after he decided not to stay on Tyneside after two years on loan.

The silky Frenchman has shown moments of true genius while at St James Park and the club seemed keen to put up the £5.25m to make the deal permanent.

Ben Arfa will leave Tyneside having made 59 appearances scoring seven goals including a memorable solo effort against Sunderland in Newcastle's 3-0 win in October 2010.

Last edited:
just wondering cause you've inspired me to start a game like yours on my fm11

just wondering cause you've inspired me to start a game like yours on my fm11

haha happy to help!

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Looking good mate try and push for top 6 this season :)

yeah hopefully. Got a surprise gamble signing in the pipeline aswel!

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

HARPER TO HANG UP HIS GLOVES
Newcastle goalkeeper set to retire after 18 years on Tyneside

Sheffield+United+v+Newcastle+United+6JXJ7T0fXk3l.jpg

Steve Harper will call time on his career after being told he will not be offered a new deal at St James Park.

The geordie stopper has spent his whole career at the club often playing second fiddle to first Pavel Srnicek and then Shay Given.

Harper was a fine goalkeeper and loyal servant to the club and will be missed around the training ground.

Manager Jamie Orrell was hoping Harper would take a coaching job at the club but the player has refused the offer.

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:15 PM ----------

NEWCASTLE RE-SIGN BELLAMY
United agree loan deal with former star

Craig+Bellamy+Cardiff+City+v+Doncaster+Rovers+mLE-z0ACoV_l.jpg

Newcastle have sensationally agree to take bad-boy Craig Bellamy on a season's loan from Manchester City.

Bellamy made 93 appearances scoring 28 goals for Newcastle in his first stint at the club but courted controversy by feigning injury and refusing to play for manager Graeme Souness.

The Welshman has become a hate figure across the country and turned down several offers from Newcastle over the past year to return because of his relationship with the fans.

Jamie Orrell has finally got his man and has promised the 31-year-old will be a key figure at St James Park this season.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

GUNTER JOINS MAGPIES
Newcastle swoop to land Welsh full-back

Nottingham+Forest+v+Swansea+City+bBM7ackFSNQl.jpg

Newcastle have completed the £500k signing of Chris Gunter from Nottingham Forest

Newcastle added a second Welshman to their squad by fighting off competition from Borussia Dortmund and West Ham for the 22-year-old.

Gunter became available after Nottingham Forest were relegated and manager Jamie Orrell was determined to fill the void at right-back.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

BEN ARFA RETURNS
Fans favourite re-signs for Newcastle

benarfa_2.jpg

Newcastle have amazingly signed Hatem Ben Arfa in a cut price deal just weeks after the winger refused to sign for the club.

The Frenchman rejected Newcastle to move back to Marseille only to fall out with manager Didier Deschamps and be placed on the transfer list.

Newcastle quickly offered Ben Arfa a return to Tyneside and completed a £2.8m deal.

Geordie fans were gutted with Ben Arfa's departure and will now welcome the winger back with open arms.

Enjoyable read mate, some interesting signings, and an interesting couple of seasons.

TOON TAKE PARKER
Newcastle sign West Ham skipper for £6.5m

Scott+Parker+West+Ham+United+v+Wigan+Athletic+oETvBwUavSXl.jpg

Scott Parker has become the latest player to return to St James Park after Newcastle agreed a £6.5m deal with West Ham.

The 30-year-old has become a hero at Upton Park but refused to sign a new deal at the London club.

Newcastle manager Jamie Orrell has been heavily backed by the club's new owners and moved quickly to replace the outgoing Blaise Matuidi.

Parker made 55 appearances for Newcastle in his first spell and will be a key player this season for the Toon.

good signing in parker, will do well for you hopefully. And where do you play Nolan, because im in second season and he has been really poor. Im playing Verratti ahead of him atm, even though hes my captain

Just had a read of your whole story and it's amazing with some nice images. Try to push for European spot this season mate. I myself am doing a Newcastle save and currently in 4th season right now.

computerholic14: I played Nolan as an advance playmaker just behind my striker. He bangs in around 10 goals per season and even netted a hattrick before.

good signing in parker, will do well for you hopefully. And where do you play Nolan, because im in second season and he has been really poor. Im playing Verratti ahead of him atm, even though hes my captain

I been playing him Centre midfield(attacking) and allow him to roam.