Good guide!

Used the diamond formation and stuck to the player roles, finished 10th first season, but finished 4th 2nd season and beat Athletico Madrid to qualify for the champions league! Works really well

Just going into 3rd season!

Brilliant guide...Just started a save and bought Connor Wickham as backup to Charlton Cole.

Getting rid of Dyer is a must !!

Good guide!

Used the diamond formation and stuck to the player roles, finished 10th first season, but finished 4th 2nd season and beat Athletico Madrid to qualify for the champions league! Works really well

Just going into 3rd season!

The talent in central midfield is great, Noble and Collison are both young as well so they can form a long term partnership, just a shame that Behrami won't be with West Ham any more on the next patch.

I'm trying a narrow 4-1-3-2 at the moment and it's working pretty well, might consider uploading it if the team blend into it well

Thanks to Ride The Walrus as well.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has had success with Carlton Cole, he's been pretty poor for me, hideously inconsistent.

I used Cole second season as a complete forward and played at a decent level in the league for West Ham

Played 33
Scored 18
6 Assists

But I got lucky first 2 seasons getting Coutinho on loan, got 23 assists last season lol

Fantastic guide mate, west ham is one of my two current saves so thought Id have a look. Agree with 98 percent of what you have written, so I'll give you my 2 percent. For me, whilst Parker is the best player, I cashed in pre season for 17 mil from united. Also, I think Holmar can become a star with the right training not just a squad member. You're spot on with the assessment of looking at the youth - Spence and Tomkins make up my central defence, 6th after 33 games.

This guide has helped me alot thanks :D.

Alot of changes in the new patch for WH aswell, the only problem with my new west ham save is the ****** strikers >_<, Out of the 4 main strikers (Cole, Piq, and the 2 new ones Ba and Keane) i have played Ba and Keane together in the 4-1-3-2 formation you suggested. Ba Can barely hit the target, Piquionne puts in a MoM performance against Plymouth in the LC (Scored twice), and then is taken off at half time in the next EPL Game against sunderland because he just wasn't performing...and Keane only just managed to score from a tap in.. (Managed to Win the game 3-0 thanks to goals from Tomkins and Matty Upson)

The horrible thing is that i dropped Cole because he was awful Pre-Season, And then decide to play him and Piquionne against Plymouth, Cole Scores twice and looks on fire, But alas, as soon as he scores his second he gets injured and is out for 3-4 months!

Any help regarding this? a new striker perhaps or just change of what roles they play?

EDIT: Changed to that 4-1-2-1-2 formation, Playing the strike partnership of Piquionne and Cole with Keane just behind (Ba is being played as impacted striker atm) and Robbie Keane and Piquionne can't stop scoring! Cole is doing a great job as Target man aswell, Got me from 17th to 7th in no time :)

Last edited:
This is the best guide on the site ! an absolute gem here Niall, thanks a lot :)