Nigel Adkins sacked by Southampton.

Can see saints going down with villa and reading. Might have to get in on the relegation betting with JP WOODY

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Someone to finally take us off the back pages for a day at least and by doing a Chelsea esque thing!

In all honesty what a stupid non sencical thing to do! Let Adkins keep you up which i am sure he would have done and if you feel you need to replace him then do it at the end of the season! It does go to show how disappointing only a point gained by an away side at the Bridge is received now days lol.

Adkins was completely mental for keeping Boruc on the bench for so long, still very bizzare timing for sacking though.

So it turns out that Pochettino has been studying Saints for weeks, and that throughout negotiations Forren knew that Adkins would not be staying on. Clearly this has been planned for a considerable amount of time.

So it turns out that Pochettino has been studying Saints for weeks, and that throughout negotiations Forren knew that Adkins would not be staying on. Clearly this has been planned for a considerable amount of time.

Absurd, really absurd. Surely the primary goal was to avoid relegation then build from that? Not sack the manager after 6 months with time to turn it around, when only a few points behind Norwich and West Ham. Once you survive the first season you can start building the foundations for a successful future in the premier league. It amazes me how many clubs don't follow the model set by Everton, Man Utd, Arsenal. Yes not always had success, but stability is the key to success (which can be interpreted in different formats), and as demonstrated by Everton, we are now able to make a genuine push for European football. Liverpool had a shakey start with Brendan too, but now it's turned around. It's just propostrous

I think Southampton has seen how much WBA improved when they got rid of Di Matteo. Time will only tell but adkins wouldn't commit to saint in the summer just gone so they have been waiting patiently. I just hope it doesn't knock saints for six and go the other way to the bottom of the table!!

Apparently Pochettino doesn't even know English so good luck there. Also heard Adkins job wasn't safe no matter what as he and the board did not get along at all.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Someone to finally take us off the back pages for a day at least and by doing a Chelsea esque thing!

In all honesty what a stupid non sencical thing to do! Let Adkins keep you up which i am sure he would have done and if you feel you need to replace him then do it at the end of the season! It does go to show how disappointing only a point gained by an away side at the Bridge is received now days lol.

Totally agree, What makes it worst is that they only lost 2 games in the last 12 :S I would consider that good for a team who got promoted last year.

I think Southampton has seen how much WBA improved when they got rid of Di Matteo. Time will only tell but adkins wouldn't commit to saint in the summer just gone so they have been waiting patiently. I just hope it doesn't knock saints for six and go the other way to the bottom of the table!!

West Brom replaced Robbie with a top grade experienced manager...then after with one of the best coaches in the PL.
Saints have replaced a manager who has worked a small miracle for one that will ultimately FAIL lol

Shocking decision, talk about not giving Adkins the time to keep the Saints up after all he has done for them. I think he would of kept them up, now I am not sure they will survive being relegated.

He will. There will be Championship clubs right now looking at sacking their managers with a view of bringing him in.

My quote 6 days ago. Lets see if Huddersfield bring Adkins in after sacking Simon Grayson today.

would love to have him at leeds, think he was quoted as saying he would be interested. Would be worth sacking Warnock now to make sure we get him but don't think GFH are going to do that