Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

No good football movies. Why?

Reaction score
Ive not seen it nor do I know what its about but isnt there a film called looking for eric? With Eric Cantona in it? Thats the only reason Im guessing it might be to do with football. Ignore me if it isnt, or even if it is :D

Reaction score
The Damned United - it's been mentioned before, but afaik a lot of the stuff is fiction.

Anyway, the Norway - Brazil highlights of '98 in Marseille are more than enough for me :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also say the damned united

watched it for the first time on tuesday

Reaction score
goal1 was pretty good at the beggining but unrealistic after some point.goal2 and 3 were just s#@!*&)(*

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;PIpoLVVfl7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIpoLVVfl7s[/video]

When Saturday Comes (1996) - Never seen it but Sean Bean is awesome so that surely will be.

Reaction score
The Zidane movie is really good if you're into arty films - Shows the whole spectrum of Zidane's talent/personality on the pitch - and makes a football match look like a ballet or something. I know i probably sound pretty pretentious but the soundtrack by Mogwai really tops it off.

Reaction score
[video=youtube;PIpoLVVfl7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIpoLVVfl7s[/video]

When Saturday Comes (1996) - Never seen it but Sean Bean is awesome so that surely will be.
loved that film! i had forgoetten the name of it for years and havnt been able to find it. Now i can get it again Thanks.

Escape to victory is a good football movie,

Reaction score
No good footy films. The insane ramblings of a man who has never seen Mean Machine.

Possible Ideas: Roque Santa Cruz Control

Last edited:
Reaction score
Andy gray will like this movie: Bend it like Beckham . ;)

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
TBH there is only so much you can do with the football TBH. Love Damned United, Mean Machine.

Reaction score
Probably never happen but I would like to see a sequel to The Damned United showing the success of Brian Clough after Leeds

Like I said probably never happen though as the storyline would be nowhere near as good

Reaction score
Das Wunder von Bern (The Miracle of Bern) is pretty good.

Self-diagnosed FM addict
Reaction score
There is that one movie with Ewan McGregor.. That movie sucks *** though xd

Reaction score
If that Sean Bean movie that was mentioned is the one where he plays for Sheffield United, that is the best I've seen.

Haven't seen it for years, but remember loving it.