No good football movies. Why?

Ive not seen it nor do I know what its about but isnt there a film called looking for eric? With Eric Cantona in it? Thats the only reason Im guessing it might be to do with football. Ignore me if it isnt, or even if it is :D

The Damned United - it's been mentioned before, but afaik a lot of the stuff is fiction.

Anyway, the Norway - Brazil highlights of '98 in Marseille are more than enough for me :)

Last edited:
I also say the damned united

watched it for the first time on tuesday

goal1 was pretty good at the beggining but unrealistic after some point.goal2 and 3 were just s#@!*&)(*

[video=youtube;PIpoLVVfl7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIpoLVVfl7s[/video]

When Saturday Comes (1996) - Never seen it but Sean Bean is awesome so that surely will be.

The Zidane movie is really good if you're into arty films - Shows the whole spectrum of Zidane's talent/personality on the pitch - and makes a football match look like a ballet or something. I know i probably sound pretty pretentious but the soundtrack by Mogwai really tops it off.

[video=youtube;PIpoLVVfl7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIpoLVVfl7s[/video]

When Saturday Comes (1996) - Never seen it but Sean Bean is awesome so that surely will be.

loved that film! i had forgoetten the name of it for years and havnt been able to find it. Now i can get it again Thanks.

Escape to victory is a good football movie,

No good footy films. The insane ramblings of a man who has never seen Mean Machine.

Possible Ideas: Roque Santa Cruz Control

Last edited:
Andy gray will like this movie: Bend it like Beckham . ;)

TBH there is only so much you can do with the football TBH. Love Damned United, Mean Machine.

Probably never happen but I would like to see a sequel to The Damned United showing the success of Brian Clough after Leeds

Like I said probably never happen though as the storyline would be nowhere near as good

Das Wunder von Bern (The Miracle of Bern) is pretty good.

There is that one movie with Ewan McGregor.. That movie sucks *** though xd

If that Sean Bean movie that was mentioned is the one where he plays for Sheffield United, that is the best I've seen.

Haven't seen it for years, but remember loving it.