No good football movies. Why?

gametime

Reaction score
Does anybody know why no good movies about football have been produced. I mean Goal 1 was decent, but i feel they could have made the match scenes abit more exciting. If they can make a sport like baseball entertaining in movies, im sure they shouldnt have a problem with football. And does anyone agree with me Goal 3 was really poor. Especially the match scenes.

Goal 3 was **** poor such bad effects for the match scenes it was embarrasing

I am currently making a movie about football, its called Kick **** :) nah kidding...

Goal was ****, the 1st one was decent, seeing this guy with skills being scouted, all of our dreams here :) so we connected with it, then it got really **** really quickly!

they need to find some kid who can actually play footie (that guy from Goal could not technically kick the ball correctly, he looked like my GF trying to kick a ball) and start it out from a kid to being scouted, training, trials etc and make like a trilogy (or even 5) of them...

but it needs to be done properly though and the match scenes need to be real, scripted, but real! not superimposed with Becks n ****!

This isn't related to FM. Moved.

Also, 'good' is an opinion, but I agree there aren't many. However, The Damned United was pretty decent.

GOAL 1 and 2 was great, shame about GOAL 3 :/

Goal 1, 2, 3 are woeful.

See:

Flucht oder Sieg (1981) - IMDb

:D

is it english?

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

This isn't related to FM. Moved.

Also, 'good' is an opinion, but I agree there aren't many. However, The Damned United was pretty decent.

my apologies, thought it said general discussion, didnt see fm11.

is it english?

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

my apologies, thought it said general discussion, didnt see fm11.

Yes.

Details

USA
Language:

English

Haven't watched in ages mind. English title is Escape to Victory.

Clearly you've never watched Escape to Victory.

EDIT---

Beat to it by Redders.

Damned United is decent although football is discussed, very little footage of games.

Escape to victory is also good but not exactly accurate.

Agree with others about goal, shocking film but Anna Friel <3

Mean Machine!

***** - but its worth watching just to see Jason Statham batter someone at the end with a great two footer.

Unless its a documentry then its hard to act football scenes for me.

Goal 1 was great but the next two sucked quite majorly, I might have to check out the suggested few, love a good Football Film :)

can someone tell me is damned united about that guy that is at a club,gets a better offer,and has an argument with his agent by the beach. Sorry thats the only part i saw of this specific movie,looked interesting,but never get the title.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Unless its a documentry then its hard to act football scenes for me.

really disagree. With the right background music and camera angles, you can really create something intense. Well imo

[video=youtube;v3cayRMnVb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3cayRMnVb8[/video]

Probably because footballs on every weekend so why make a movie when you can watch it regularly anyway?

Probably because footballs on every weekend so why make a movie when you can watch it regularly anyway?

they show american football every weekend in the US, yet theyve made some brilliant movies about it.

The Damned United because it tells a real story about one of the greatest English managers of all time