No good football movies. Why?

Altought not really football film,there is one which isnt that bad,with a united fan inspired by cantona who gathers more manchester united fans and beats up some drug dealers.Cant remember the name tough.

looking for eric is the name your looking for brilliant film and is kind of a football film has great moments throughout cantanas carrer

I liked "The Damned United" quite a lot.

UNITED... its a movie about the munich air disaster... good movie..

Damned United.

If you like hooligans movies wich involve football...

Green Street Hooligans (so epic i cried.)
Rise of the Footsoldier (not really about football, but it's one of the best movies i've seen wich involve football)
I.D.
Football Factory
Cass
Awaydays

Last edited:
Come on.... Escape to Victory has to be the best football movie of all time!!!

[video=youtube;wbALYBSFlXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbALYBSFlXY[/video]

jimmy grimble is good
i was an extra in looking for eric!so obviously thats amazing

That is easy to answer: football (soccer) isn't very popular in USA

Agree with many posts, I don't think there are any GREAT movies about football and any movies that are great involving football really I would say Escape to Victory and United. Because both are about football in a way but really about the storyline surrounding it. Mean machine is Good. But The Longest Yard was better purely because it is american. What we need is some American football (soccer) fanatic to make a film as most superb films are American. Damned United was also good but I think purely because its a story about a great man. Looking for Eric isn't really about football also although it does show some of Cantona's clips it's a weird film tbh and wasn't what I expected. Doubt there will ever be a football film that will take the world by storm because too many fans like different things Eg, Liverpool fans would rather watch a story about their team winning rather than one about United and vice-versa. Personally I think a really good story about the sectarianism and old firm rivalry would make a great movie or How Sir Alex Ferguson came from the docks in Govan to become one of the best managers about.

Edit: Most football films are also made very poorly with the likes of Goal was a good story but executed poorly for example all Santiago's goals where world class goals, he never scored a simple goal plus you can tell it has been graphically input especially in goal 3. Also a film called 'Home Team' which is old and was ok in it's time but very fake. About a handyman who takes over a kids football team in a home. Keanu reaves starred in a great baseball movie recently and we really need to start getting football movies to that standard, well executed with a great storyline. What about the movie with will ferrell in it ? kicking and screaming lol joke but it is amusing.

Last edited: